Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #106
k.rowe2516
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 178973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Y'all View Post
With a total of 9 builds under my belt from Definitive Arms/Copper Customs(also a mistake),JimRoberts of JBI(perfect experiences),TwoRivers(beyond amazing),Arma(great job by Tim) as builders,each one has required a legal transfer to a local FFL,and yes I was required to fill out the background check. I guess these companies are full of shit too? Thanks for your input.
Seriously? Did you have the receivers shipped directly to them from the maker? I’ve used a couple of those names and they’ve been shipped directly to my door after being built. That was after having the receiver shipped to a local ffl, transferring it to me, then sending everything together to the builder.
k.rowe2516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #107
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET_M76 View Post
Fuck off mate. I've been though a similar 2 year nightmare using a very highly rated AK builder 100% vetted by all the ak website experts like yourself and the motherfucker turned out to be a 100% fucking fraud.

2 years and 3 thousand dollars worth of shit and I have one rifle that works, one that was unsafe and a ton of parts never returned.

Name a reputable AK builder that has built something for somebody besides your own self that is still in business.
Mind naming said fraud then ?

And let's see.

Mario at pohf
Def arms
Two Rivers
Troy at inrange
The list goes on
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #108
jimbo54

AKaholic #: 165559

Getting ready to send my fourth build to Troy at Inrange. Excellent work and answers emails promptly. Pretty reasonable pricing also.
jimbo54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #109
def90
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 154917

Quote:
With a total of 9 builds under my belt from Definitive Arms/Copper Customs(also a mistake),JimRoberts of JBI(perfect experiences),TwoRivers(beyond amazing),Arma(great job by Tim) as builders,each one has required a legal transfer to a local FFL,and yes I was required to fill out the background check. I guess these companies are full of shit too? Thanks for your input.
Only way that would have ever happened is if you bought the receiver from them or bought a receiver and had it shipped directly to them meaning that you never had the receiver transferred to you via a 4473 prior to the build.
def90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:46 PM   #110
Thomas Y'all
Banned

AKaholic #: 186586

That was the case in 2 of the 9 builds where the receiver was sent to them,but all still required a background check and FFL delivery.

Last edited by Thomas Y'all; Yesterday at 12:56 AM. Reason: Miscount
Thomas Y'all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #111
TJCtalon

AKaholic #: 180564

Quote:
That was the case in 1 of the 9 builds but all still required a background check and FFL delivery.
No, lol 8 of them did not require anything other then shipping directly to you.

You got screwed there. But you can keep thinking you were "required" to do a background twice for the same gun.

I cant count how many times I've had builds, and or repairs shipped directly back to me.

"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them"

-Old Turkish proverb
TJCtalon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #112
Daver
7,62x39

AKaholic #: 196115

Firearms shipped to FFLs for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient’s State of residence. FFLs may also return a replacement firearm of the same kind and type to the person from whom received. 18 U.S.C.§ 922(a)(2)(A).
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Bold and underlined the pertinent stuff. Receivers being whats considered the "firearm" when it comes to AKs and the like, if you ship your firearm(receiver and parts) to an FFL for repair or any other lawful purpose (building, paint job, bla bla) then you CAN get it shipped to you so long as it was already in your possession.

Maybe the ATF Field Supervisory Agent David Perry misunderstood your question.

Last edited by Daver; 05-24-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #113
Freshkill

AKaholic #: 200670

Quote:
That was the case in 1 of the 9 builds but all still required a background check and FFL delivery.
Funny as all the 10 builds I’ve ever had done in which I sent the builder a 100% receiver that I already had to get from an FFL, were sent back to me directly to my house. Not through an FFL.

Hell I’ve even sent multiple firearms out of state to get cerekoted and they shipped the gun directly back to me.

So Thomas either your not being truthful in your post , or are not a very high IQ individual, and got fucked multiple times in doing a multiple BC on rifles yoU already did BC on.. which is just mind numbing thinking somone is this stupid to not realized you’re getting fucked..
Freshkill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:16 PM   #114
FlyingMailman

AKaholic #: 200782

Quote:
What happened with Definitive Arms/Copper Custom, if I may ask?
FlyingMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM   #115
Thomas Y'all
Banned

To be more specific,twice out of 9 builds I've supplied receivers,Once was the build this post refers to and the second was a Saiga a that had to be removed from Definitive Arms and sent to JBI.Yet every return aside from the nonbuild this post refers to I've had to have sent to a FFL. Argue till you are blue in the face ,idgaf,just relaying my experience.

Last edited by Thomas Y'all; Yesterday at 12:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM   #116
Thomas Y'all
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMailman View Post
What happened with Definitive Arms/Copper Custom, if I may ask?
Definitive Arms WAY over shot their time frame by almost a year,then lost the Saiga for months,hoping I'd change my mind.I requested it be returned and I be billed for work done(virtually nothing was).They stopped returning calls for weeks at a time. It took months to get the parts returned .JBI eventually compled the build without any issues.
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #117
FlyingMailman

AKaholic #: 200782

Quote:
Definitive Arms WAY over shot their time frame by almost a year,then lost the Saiga for months,hoping I'd change my mind.I requested it be returned and I be billed for work done(virtually nothing was).They stopped returning calls for weeks at a time. It took months to get the parts returned .JBI eventually compled the build without any issues.
Interesting. I know Definitive Arms is highly regarded by some, but I've seen a few complaints about them lately that make me raise an eyebrow.
FlyingMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM   #118
Thomas Y'all
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMailman View Post
Interesting. I know Definitive Arms is highly regarded by some, but I've seen a few complaints about them lately that make me raise an eyebrow.
I've noticed that also. I'm not sure what the connection is with Copper Customs is but it took me dealing with the owner of CC to get my rifle back.The DA guy was determined he wasn't returning my rifle.I felt like it was being held hostage.