Picked up one few weeks ago

Freshkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #877
catinthefurnace

AKaholic #: 198110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshkill View Post
Well you really didnít specify did you?

And yes there are country that still use the FAL.

The Aero M5E1 wonít cost you 4 grand to compete with the scar.
Ok, it's official. He's just trolling. They say you shouldn't ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity, but it this case, I'm going with malice.
catinthefurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #878
Archetype
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 87807

Quote:
Well you really didnít specify did you?

And yes there are country that still use the FAL.

The Aero M5E1 wonít cost you 4 grand to compete with the scar.
The Aero M5E1 wonít even come close in terms of ruggedness, longevity, accuracy, or even reliability.
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #879
Freshkill

AKaholic #: 200670

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthefurnace View Post
Ok, it's official. He's just trolling. They say you shouldn't ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity, but it this case, I'm going with malice.
You Scar fanboys get so worked up over your overpriced AR15. Its amazing.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #880
catinthefurnace

Quote:
You Scar fanboys get so worked up over your overpriced AR15. Its amazing.
It's not that. It's really not. It's just when bullshitters come in spreading bullshit it can be annoying. Has nothing to do with the SCAR in particular. It's annoying no matter what rifle someone is spreading bullshit about. Defending a gun that someone is spreading false info about does not make one a fanboy.

Some of us have large collections, and therefore do not have our pride attached to any rifle in particular. A lot of us don't have large collections, and still don't find the need to attach our pride to a particular rifle either.

Regardless, bullshit is bullshit, and unfortunately a lot of people (sociopaths) have zero qualms about spreading it.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #881
Thunderhorse
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172770

Relying on "military trials and testimony from operators" to support your argument and then being unwilling (unable?) to substantiate those claims is poor form.
Thunderhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #882
Freshkill

AKaholic #: 200670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
Relying on "military trials and testimony from operators" to support your argument and then being unwilling (unable?) to substantiate those claims is poor form.
Sure let me just start posting names of still active duty special operations personnel on an open forum. Pure genius.

Sorry to burst your scar boys bubble but they really just were not liked by many in the field. And the mk16 specifically had issues out of the box.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #883
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Sure let me just start posting names of still active duty special operations personnel on an open forum. Pure genius.

Sorry to burst your scar boys bubble but they really just were not liked by many in the field. And the mk16 specifically had issues out of the box.
A likely story. And I swear have a girlfriend who's a supermodel, but you can never meet her because she lives in Quebec, and is barred from entry into the US.

I think you mentioned some contracts you had access to? Where are those? Where is anything really?

Maybe your girlfriend in Quebec can give the documents to mine, to give to me?
Old 05-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #884
Thunderhorse
Curio & Relic

Quote:

Interesting, because previously you referred to FOIA's and googling contracts
Old 05-19-2020, 09:48 PM   #885
indyguy333
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 182606

The SCAR is an old rifle at this point. It set the bar high but I think a Bren 2 is likely objectively better. We won’t know for awhile
indyguy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:30 PM   #886
burninglegs
Where We Go One We Go All

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:

Sounds like fake news here. You know some dude, who made.you a taco, you knows a dude, who once served in COD and knows what he is talking about. Ok, sure buddy.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #887
hoovdizzle
Sperged Out

AKaholic #: 181475

i created a scar vs. bren thread. there's some actual objective data in there comparing the two. you all could go purse swing in there, it may stop distracting from this thread.

https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsailor View Post
My typing is shit due to rum but facts is facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
...And outsiders will think we are retards and underestimate us.
hoovdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #888
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

I came to this thread to read about the Bren it sure as hell seems like there are a shitload of FN SCAR dick riders in this thread. Damn. Why don't you guys continue your petty bickering in the SCAR thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkpilot View Post
Some 11" Bren 2 love...

^^^^ Those look badass. I really think the 11" is the way to go. I just won't SBR anything and I hate the look/feel of the brace.

Just got the carbine and really like it. I am a fan of the 100% ambi controls. It's a very well-thought-out rifle.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:26 PM   #889
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP123 View Post
I came to this thread to read about the Bren it sure as hell seems like there are a shitload of FN SCAR dick riders in this thread. Damn. Why don't you guys continue your petty bickering in the SCAR thread?

^^^^ Those look badass. I really think the 11" is the way to go. I just won't SBR anything and I hate the look/feel of the brace.

Just got the carbine and really like it. I am a fan of the 100% ambi controls. It's a very well-thought-out rifle.
Agreed about the brace being far from ideal. But, I also don't want to SBR mine. Don't want to scar it with engraving along with the other inconveniences of SBRing. Maybe I'll give in one day, but I doubt it. I really like the look of the stock on the bottom Bren in the photo better than the top. Unfortunately they seem to be including the top stock from the photo with the carbines.

I really love my Bren 2s. It has been a fantastic firearm for me so far.

But, come on man. Let's not pretend that it is just petty bickering on both sides.

Bullshitter joined the thread, and posted some bullshit. There was pushback to said bullshit. End of story.

If I went into the SCAR thread, and posted some completely unsubstantiated bullshit about how the Czech military guys don't like the Bren 2 because it's extremely unreliable, heavy, and unergonomic, and it breaks if you look at it wrong, I believe I'd receive some pushback to that. It wouldn't make those pushing back against the unsubstantiated bullshit Bren dick riders. But, whatever. Believe what you want.

If only people could praise a rifle without feeling the need to shit on another. Especially if the shit is made up.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #890
Mr_Bojenkals

AKaholic #: 198934

This will be my dedicated .308 battle rifle...whenever they decide to release it to us mere mortals in the US.....
Mr_Bojenkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:34 PM   #891
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bojenkals View Post
This will be my dedicated .308 battle rifle...whenever they decide to release it to us mere mortals in the US.....
Yea, I can't wait for the BR too. Sounds like it might be awhile unfortunately. Insta-buy for sure.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #892
Burgher

AKaholic #: 195397

MAC’s Bren 2 vs Virtus was pretty good. I think I’m leaning Virtus but I am a bit apprehensive about sig quality control. I was originally looking at an LMT 11.5 but it’s always nice to get something other than another AR.

As for the Scar thing, I mean when I see blatant lies/bullshit imma call it out (if I’m in the mood to deal with idiots, not always the case). I’m no fanboy of anything, I have examples of the majority of modern military rifles in service, in semi auto. I just don’t appreciate when dumbasses spread lies, but I guess that could be the slogan for the internet as a whole....
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #893
rc4ch

AKaholic #: 203506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
MACís Bren 2 vs Virtus was pretty good. I think Iím leaning Virtus but I am a bit apprehensive about sig quality control. I was originally looking at an LMT 11.5 but itís always nice to get something other than another AR.

As for the Scar thing, I mean when I see blatant lies/bullshit imma call it out (if Iím in the mood to deal with idiots, not always the case). Iím no fanboy of anything, I have examples of the majority of modern military rifles in service, in semi auto. I just donít appreciate when dumbasses spread lies, but I guess that could be the slogan for the internet as a whole....
I thought about the Virtus too. But dang, they are pretty heavy. Over 7lbs for the 12.5 inch pistol.
rc4ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:33 PM   #894
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

AKaholic #: 154920

Can anybody with a Bren 2 tell me how wide it is at the rear of the receiver? Thanks
Old 05-23-2020, 12:19 AM   #895
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullAssault View Post
Can anybody with a Bren 2 tell me how wide it is at the rear of the receiver? Thanks

Old 05-23-2020, 01:44 AM   #896
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthefurnace View Post

Thanks! Just what I needed!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #897
Sweedgar

AKaholic #: 184675

Here's one...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869196883
Old 05-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #898
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweedgar View Post
Curious to see what the selling price ends up being a week from now.

Only 50 examples of each barrel length/caliber came in to the US.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:55 PM   #899
FalseFlagOps
Patriot

AKaholic #: 194141

Anybody have both a 2MS pistol 11" 5.56 and the 2MS carbine and can speak on the handling/balance between the two?

Have both 805 S1 pistol and carbine now and am moving towards 2ms pistol in 11" 5.56 or more likely the carbine when there's more availability as will mostly be bench shooting 100-250m.

Was thinking of getting the carbine and running a ta31 acog on it? Thoughts?
FalseFlagOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #900
Redbrow

AKaholic #: 200249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
MAC’s Bren 2 vs Virtus was pretty good. I think I’m leaning Virtus but I am a bit apprehensive about sig quality control. I was originally looking at an LMT 11.5 but it’s always nice to get something other than another AR.

As for the Scar thing, I mean when I see blatant lies/bullshit imma call it out (if I’m in the mood to deal with idiots, not always the case). I’m no fanboy of anything, I have examples of the majority of modern military rifles in service, in semi auto. I just don’t appreciate when dumbasses spread lies, but I guess that could be the slogan for the internet as a whole....
The euro version of the 2ms 16.5 carbine looks more like the version MAC would want.

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/art...l.223-Rem.html

I know it’s the version I want. Maybe it will come to the US someday.

Last edited by Redbrow; 05-25-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Redbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:35 PM   #901
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrow View Post
The euro version of the 2ms 16.5 carbine looks more like the version MAC would want.

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/art...l.223-Rem.html

I know itís the version I want. Maybe it will come to the US someday.
Doesn't look too terribly different from the US version. What do you notice that you like better? Lighter profile barrel and flash hider? Neither the US MS, nor Euro MS look very much like the military version.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-...cz-bren-2#guns

We already have the military version here, albeit only 50 imported of each of 6 configurations it seems. I think Tim has at least one of the configs.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:38 PM   #902
Redbrow

AKaholic #: 200249

Yep. I prefer the light barrel, the correct flash hider and a handguard that matches the bren aesthetic. The three things that MAC was also critical of.
Redbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:52 PM   #903
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Yep. I prefer the light barrel, the correct flash hider and a handguard that matches the bren aesthetic. The three things that MAC was also critical of.
Oh I see now. The handguard on the Euro version matches the US MS pistol version aesthetic, but the US carbine has something totally different than either the military aesthetic or the US MS pistol aesthetic.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #904
Rockymtn

AKaholic #: 168676

Finally had a chance to take some pictures of my Bren 2 carbine I picked up a few weeks ago. Weight unloaded 7.2 pounds. Barrel diameter 0.695" Sorry for all the pictures

Rockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #905
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

Quote:
I agree

Last edited by FullAssault; 05-30-2020 at 03:31 PM.
FullAssault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #906
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweedgar View Post
I'm sure the price will shoot up closer to the end of the auction, but you guys should not sleep on this. 1 of 50 imported in the caliber/barrel length. Current bid at $1325 with 3.5 hours to go. No affiliation. I have the 11 inch version.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #907
catinthefurnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullAssault View Post
I agree
Old 05-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #908
Thunderhorse
Curio & Relic

I wonder if they'll sell the euro FH and handguard separately. FWIW I think the US version looks more useful with the additional M-lok slots. Anybody know the weight difference?

Also, it looks like the FH tines are angled the opposite direction of the Smith Vortex. Wouldn't that make it loosen over time?
Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 PM   #909
Rockymtn

AKaholic #: 168676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
I wonder if they'll sell the euro FH and handguard separately. FWIW I think the US version looks more useful with the additional M-lok slots. Anybody know the weight difference?

Also, it looks like the FH tines are angled the opposite direction of the Smith Vortex. Wouldn't that make it loosen over time?
I like the euro hand-guard better too but I've heard (no proof) that the euro Bren 2 version is heavier. I look forward to finding one to verify. Would be cool to dress it with different furniture.
Rockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:27 PM   #910
eli2325
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178014

The MLOK hand guard on the US version is starting to grow on me. It’s easy to see why CZ went with it knowing how popular MLOK is right now. I’m planning on picking up a carbine in the coming months.
eli2325 is offline   Reply With Quote