Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 195631
Default Hell of a deal on ARX100 mags

I know there’s a thread for deals, but I thought this one was worthy of its own thread.

Beretta ARX100 mags for $14.71 each! To get it, either order 7 and use code MAY50 or order 14 and use code MAY100. If you order more that that with those codes, the price per mag will go up. If you want more, place a second order. Free shipping.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...ItemId=4304437
“Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.”
monkeydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Are they really that much better than the Steel Bulgarians?
MOTOROLANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
AK_Fanatic_N_AZ

AKaholic #: 164223

How did you get 7 for $14.71 each? Came out to $22.05 each for me.
AK_Fanatic_N_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Fanatic_N_AZ View Post
How did you get 7 for $14.71 each? Came out to $22.05 each for me.
Use Code MAY50 when you get 7
Code MAY100 when you get 14

“Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.”
Old 05-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
bondmen
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 86277

Do the floorplates say Beretta and/or made in Italy?
bondmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:00 PM   #6
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOROLANUT View Post
You all obviously know how I feel about the Bulgarians by now lol I’m sitting on around 50. Have to admit that these are slightly better though. Definitely better for only a $4 difference. I wouldn’t pay $22 for them though while the Bulgarians are still an option. I will say this, though I think they are better, I only have 13 of the ARX100 mags compared to the 50+ Bulgarians lol so I do still favor the Bulgarians.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #7
hoovdizzle
Sperged Out

AKaholic #: 181475

surprised you guys like these steel mags so much. didn't know the ARX came with them, when i got mine and grabbed the mag i thought 'well damn that's heavy'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsailor View Post
My typing is shit due to rum but facts is facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
...And outsiders will think we are retards and underestimate us.
hoovdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:29 AM   #8
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovdizzle View Post
surprised you guys like these steel mags so much. didn't know the ARX came with them, when i got mine and grabbed the mag i thought 'well damn that's heavy'.
A little over 3oz heavier than the Pmags. Pmags are around 17.3oz Loaded vs the Berettas at around 20.5 loaded. Not too much heavier.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:46 AM   #9
ba ba booey
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 169085

Good Grief, this is tempting, but (seriously) how many more AR mags do I need?
ba ba booey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:03 AM   #10
ba ba booey
Curio & Relic

Are these are sturdier than the AK style Bulgarian AR mags?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #11
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

AKaholic #: 157160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOROLANUT View Post
They're better because they have a steel follower instead of a cheap plastic follower.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #12
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydo View Post
You all obviously know how I feel about the Bulgarians by now lol I’m sitting on around 50. Have to admit that these are slightly better though. Definitely better for only a $4 difference. I wouldn’t pay $22 for them though while the Bulgarians are still an option. I will say this, though I think they are better, I only have 13 of the ARX100 mags compared to the 50+ Bulgarians lol so I do still favor the Bulgarians.
I just put some 3 dollar stainless steel followers in some 7 dollar SHK (Korean) mags and now have a mag that's as good as the Berettas for 10 bucks. Before anyone says anything about the quality of the Korean mags, I compared them to my Beretta mags and other than the finish (Korean mags are black, the Beretta mags are grey) and the follower (plastic vs. steel) the body of the Korean mags are every bit as good as the Berettas (same gauge steel). The spot welds on the SHK mags are excellent, in fact they look even better than the ones on the Beretta mags. Get a few SHK mags and some stainless steel followers for them and give them a try, I'll bet you'll be happy with them.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #13
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
I just put some 3 dollar stainless steel followers in some 7 dollar SHK (Korean) mags and now have a mag that's as good as the Berettas for 10 bucks. Before anyone says anything about the quality of the Korean mags, I compared them to my Beretta mags and other than the finish (Korean mags are black, the Beretta mags are grey) and the follower (plastic vs. steel) the body of the Korean mags are every bit as good as the Berettas (same gauge steel). The spot welds on the SHK mags are excellent, in fact they look even better than the ones on the Beretta mags. Get a few SHK mags and some stainless steel followers for them and give them a try, I'll bet you'll be happy with them.
The only issue that you MIGHT run into now that you’ve swapped followers are the feedlip dimensions. I’ve seen this with a few of the Korean mags, however, its a super easy fix. While I never plan on selling any of my mags, I just prefer the Berettas for resale value, but hell, if(when) there’s a ban, the profit margin on the Koreans could very well be higher.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #14
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

Quote:
10-4
Old 05-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #15
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

Quote:
They're better because they have a steel follower instead of a cheap plastic follower.
Thanks Greek.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #16
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

By the way, if you have an M16A1 clone with a grey receiver the Beretta mags are a pretty close color match. The ten Beretta mags that I bought a bit back have been dedicated for use on my A1 clone, my black Korean mags are for my black AR's.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:04 PM   #17
virgil cole
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 102797

I prefer D&H manufactured magazines . Especially when they are priced under 9 or 10 dollars a mag . Not long ago they could readily be found for about 7 dollars each but , not after the recent panic . BCM usually has a good deal on BCM marked D&H magazines by the case . Like 100 mags for 800 bucks .
virgil cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #18
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil cole View Post
I prefer D&H manufactured magazines . Especially when they are priced under 9 or 10 dollars a mag . Not long ago they could readily be found for about 7 dollars each but , not after the recent panic . BCM usually has a good deal on BCM marked D&H magazines by the case . Like 100 mags for 800 bucks .
Yeah, BCM was cleaned out of the cases early on in the panic. I went to grab a case and they were gone. I had checked several times shortly before the panic and they had them.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #19
ba ba booey
Curio & Relic

Quote:
By the way, if you have an M16A1 clone with a grey receiver the Beretta mags are a pretty close color match. The ten Beretta mags that I bought a bit back have been dedicated for use on my A1 clone, my black Korean mags are for my black AR's.
Good to know, thanks for posting.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:11 AM   #20
ba ba booey
Curio & Relic

Monkeydo, I wanted to let you know that you suck. Your mag write ups and deals have ended up costing me some coin!!

Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I didn't need more AR mags, but I doubt I will be able to get Beretta AR mags for this price ($16.13 after tax, shipped) in the future.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:23 AM   #21
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

Quote:
The only issue that you MIGHT run into now that you’ve swapped followers are the feedlip dimensions. I’ve seen this with a few of the Korean mags, however, its a super easy fix. While I never plan on selling any of my mags, I just prefer the Berettas for resale value, but hell, if(when) there’s a ban, the profit margin on the Koreans could very well be higher.
Do you know if you could swap the followers in the SHK Korean mags for magpuls?
Old 05-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #22
oelbrenner
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 204082

If the CDNN Korean steel mags are actually SHK then yes,they will accept polymer Magpul and steel CMMG followers and GI springs.
The Koreans will take Magpul Ranger plates too.

The Berettas will take Magpul and CMMG steel followers (which are almost identical to the Berettas) and GI springs but will not take Magpul Ranger plates.
oelbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #23
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oelbrenner View Post
If the CDNN Korean steel mags are actually SHK then yes,they will accept polymer Magpul and steel CMMG followers and GI springs.

The Berettas will take Magpul and CMMG steel followers (which are almost identical to the Berettas) and GI springs but will not take Magpul Ranger plates.
That’s good information
Old 05-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #24
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba ba booey View Post
Monkeydo, I wanted to let you know that you suck. Your mag write ups and deals have ended up costing me some coin!!

Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I didn't need more AR mags, but I doubt I will be able to get Beretta AR mags for this price ($16.13 after tax, shipped) in the future.
Hahaha don’t worry, I’m right there with you. At this point, the wife thinks I’m insane.lol No problem though man! I figure the more mags we buy up, the more difficult it’ll be to try to ban them, or at least enforce a ban, in the future.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #25
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by oelbrenner View Post

Get them from global ordinance instead of from cdnn, they're 3 dollars cheaper (6.99 from global ordinance, 9.99 from cdnn). I'm going to the range today to test the Korean mags with the stainless followers, I'll post a report in this thread later today.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #26
bondmen
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 86277

So should one assume there are no markings on these Beretta mags anywhere indicating their origins?
bondmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #27
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondmen View Post
So should one assume there are no markings on these Beretta mags anywhere indicating their origins?
They will have PB(standing for Pietro Beretta) with two digits for the year(I think), then 1005-15-108-2741 and a large M on one side of the mag. So for instance, PB14 1005-15-108-2741 M. I have a few PB14 and PB15’s, so I’m just assuming it’s the year of manufacturing.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #28
AK-104
Stroke My Member

AKaholic #: 162667

I really want to try out an ARX, but I don’t think it is in the cards. This month was a new Surefire and mount for my AR pistol, a thousand rounds of 5.56, a pair of Benchmade knives at $300.00 each, and some new fishing gear. I’m sure I would enjoy the Beretta, but I have my firearms needs covered well enough now to where I am spending some coin on other hobbies.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #29
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-104 View Post
I really want to try out an ARX, but I don’t think it is in the cards. This month was a new Surefire and mount for my AR pistol, a thousand rounds of 5.56, a pair of Benchmade knives at $300.00 each, and some new fishing gear. I’m sure I would enjoy the Beretta, but I have my firearms needs covered well enough now to where I am spending some coin on other hobbies.
None sense. Get you some ARX100 mags for your ARs!
Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #30
ba ba booey
Curio & Relic

Right now these ARX mags, pmags and Lancer mags are all very comparable in price when you factor in shipping. Strange times, but I guess most people see pmags as the gold standard. (I think they are ok but have drawbacks)
Old 05-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #31
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

I just got back from the range, the SHK mags with the stainless steel followers performed flawlessly. With the plastic followers that they came with I was having some issues with the bolt hold open feature, some would hold the bolt open and some wouldn't. Not so with the SS followers, the bolt hold open works perfectly with them. I'm very satisfied with how they performed to the point that all I'm going to use from now on are SHK mags with SS followers. At a total cost of only ten bucks each ya can't go wrong with 'em...
Old 05-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #32
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Right now these ARX mags, pmags and Lancer mags are all very comparable in price when you factor in shipping. Strange times, but I guess most people see pmags as the gold standard. (I think they are ok but have drawbacks)
Yeah, I don’t have a popular opinion on the Pmags, but I’ve seen several split down the spine after being loaded for a while. I have a buddy with several that split when left loaded with some 300 blackout. They aren’t bad, especially when they use to could be had for $8 a mag, but it’s not a mag I’d stock up on, mainly because I leave most of my mags loaded. One of the main reason the Pmags became so popular is because a lot of people think they came out on top during the military testing. The fact is, 3 other mags tested exactly the same in the exact same categories. Magpul just happened to be the only manufacturer that made the code name that was given to them during testing public, and somehow rumor spread that they came out on top. The military did choose Pmags, but considering Pmags and 3 other mags tested the same, it probably had to do with price more than anything else.

Anyways, rant over lol
Old 05-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #33
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

Quote:
Pmags are garbage as far as I'm concerned. If they're the "gold standard" then it must be fool's gold. Steel mags with steel followers are the gold standard because they don't and won't have the issues that you'll get with a plastic mag, especially one without steel feed lips. The fact that a plastic mag needs steel feed lips to be worth a damn should be all you need to know about plastic mags. Steel mags are much stronger and much more solid than a plastic mag, their feed lips won't spread when stored fully loaded, and they won't ever crack. And with a steel follower they're even better, you won't have any issue with the mag ever. So what if they weigh a few ounces more than a crappy plastic mag, if you can't carry an extra 3 fucking ounces then you're a weak ass pussy. There is NOTHING that a plastic mag with a plastic follower has over a steel mag with a steel follower, period, end of story.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #34
praxidike
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 191101

ARX vs D&H mags? What !makes the ARC mags worth the extra $4-$5?
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:02 PM   #35
monkeydo
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
ARX vs D&H mags? What !makes the ARC mags worth the extra $4-$5?
Metal follower, more durable base plate, Italian quality, much higher resale value, better reputation for quality.

That being said, I trust Greeks experience, and based on his recent experience and others, it seems the Korean mags are better than what they use to be. You can do what Greek did and replace the follower with a steel follower and save a few bucks compared to the berettas.