Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
Dr.Strangeloathe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 192139
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 240
Default Is the FIME Enhanced Fire Control Group any good

Anybody have good experience with it?

Any issues with this?: "the disconnector is engineered with an elongated tail, which makes a full stop on the rear trigger guard rivet"
Dr.Strangeloathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 51,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Strangeloathe View Post
Any issues with this?: "the disconnector is engineered with an elongated tail, which makes a full stop on the rear trigger guard rivet"
Well, since only Russian/Bulgarian-built modern AKs have that particular configuration of trigger guard rivet, it don't mean squat unless you've got one of those rifles..
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
Dr.Strangeloathe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 192139
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Well, since only Russian/Bulgarian-built modern AKs have that particular configuration of trigger guard rivet, it don't mean squat unless you've got one of those rifles..
The gun it would be going in is a VEPR
Dr.Strangeloathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 AM   #4
Magsz18
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 205509
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 24
Default

I can only comment on trigger feel as my friend that owns one has almost no rounds through it.

Its a two stage trigger for an AK47 without the weird characteristics of an Arsenal.

I liked it but whether its better than a traditional AK47 trigger or an ALG is going to be entirely subjective. Given the price, I would say go for it. If you dont like it, throw it in a parts bin or part ways with it for a few dollars lost.
Magsz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:41 AM   #5
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 51,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsz18 View Post
I can only comment on trigger feel as my friend that owns one has almost no rounds through it.

Its a two stage trigger for an AK47 without the weird characteristics of an Arsenal.

I liked it but whether its better than a traditional AK47 trigger or an ALG is going to be entirely subjective. Given the price, I would say go for it. If you dont like it, throw it in a parts bin or part ways with it for a few dollars lost.
The FIME FCG will feel different if not in a current production Russian/Bulgarian AK (with the overgrown internal rivet head)
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #6
Kalashnikovologist
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 197173
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 630
Default

I really like mine! I'd say it's a step below an ALG trigger if you're not looking for something so light you could accidentally discharge, but the enhanced trigger is leaps and bounds better than your standard K-Var/Arsenal one.
Kalashnikovologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #7
Glock19C
Member
 
AKaholic #: 197259
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 246
Default

I have the FIME standard trigger in a '74 and I like the feel (no issues thus far). Not sure how the enhanced differs.
Glock19C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #8
Dr.Strangeloathe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 192139
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 240
Default

Can the FIME Enhanced FCG's disconnector be modified like the ALG trigger's disconnector ?
Dr.Strangeloathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #9
Brunt The Grunt
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172552
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Strangeloathe View Post
Can the FIME Enhanced FCG's disconnector be modified like the ALG trigger's disconnector ?
I've got a G2 disconnector in my enhanced FIME. Did not like the stock one it came with. I'd say it performs way better with a G2 without the mile long creep. Almost feels like a modified combloc trigger with a more forgiving reset than the ALG. I still prefer the bow of the ALG, but I've got a feeling that the FIME will feel better with thick gloves on colder days.
Brunt The Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #10
adam38654
Member
 
adam38654's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 193760
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Here,US
Posts: 295
Default

Atlantic has factory WBP polish trigger groups for $25 that are similar to the G2 but they are not US made.
adam38654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2019 The AK FIles