Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > Palmetto State Armory

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
Bricktop

AKaholic #: 181461
Default New PSA AKV question

So I ordered my akv on the 8th of this month it arrived on the 11 and I picked it up from my ffl that afternoon. While looking the rifle over I noticed the serial number in the 1300s. I remember thinking to my self "they have only made 13xx of these?" I also noticed some wave/denting to the railed dust cap and marks below the wavy dented area and some scuffing on the front sight post, went ahead and used the old magic marker trick on the areas that the finish was scuffed of. Chaulked it off to hey it's an ak it's supposed to be a bit rough looking. Was looking on the akv face book sight at wood furnature options when I came across an akv with a serial number in the 1600s and the post was before I recieved my rifle. So i got to thinking did i get a warenteed/returned rifle and payed the new full rifle price also saw a review a month ago about the mac block not being welded in any more, but you can clearly see.the tig welding done to mine. I just think If i received a blem gun at full price i should be starting a discussion about it. Contacted Chad Whlie via FB messenger but did not get an answer
Bricktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
03scgt

AKaholic #: 185991

I ordered mine at the end of last month and its only in the 400's and people who got theirs after me have a lower serial and higher serial.I assume each color and configuration has a different serial number range so I wouldnt put too much faith in that.
03scgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
Bricktop

That makes sense the akv I saw was the black moe configuration in the 1600 range my akv is a black moe version in the 1300 range that is the only reason I was curious, I would be surprised if the color of the furnature would constitute a new serial number sequence, not saying it does or doesn't just seems strange to me
Old 07-16-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

They've said something to the tune of "serial numbers don't matter". As in, there's a huge stack of receivers. The dudes building the guns pull one out of the pile and build it. They aren't going in chronological order. And once the guns are assembled, the person stacking them on a pallet is not stacking them in order.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #5
Bricktop

Ok thanks
Old 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

AKaholic #: 182740

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
They've said something to the tune of "serial numbers don't matter". As in, there's a huge stack of receivers. The dudes building the guns pull one out of the pile and build it. They aren't going in chronological order. And once the guns are assembled, the person stacking them on a pallet is not stacking them in order.
Correct!

Thanks,

Josiah
Palmetto State Armory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
Palmetto State Armory
Vendor

AKaholic #: 182740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
So I ordered my akv on the 8th of this month it arrived on the 11 and I picked it up from my ffl that afternoon. While looking the rifle over I noticed the serial number in the 1300s. I remember thinking to my self "they have only made 13xx of these?" I also noticed some wave/denting to the railed dust cap and marks below the wavy dented area and some scuffing on the front sight post, went ahead and used the old magic marker trick on the areas that the finish was scuffed of. Chaulked it off to hey it's an ak it's supposed to be a bit rough looking. Was looking on the akv face book sight at wood furnature options when I came across an akv with a serial number in the 1600s and the post was before I recieved my rifle. So i got to thinking did i get a warenteed/returned rifle and payed the new full rifle price also saw a review a month ago about the mac block not being welded in any more, but you can clearly see.the tig welding done to mine. I just think If i received a blem gun at full price i should be starting a discussion about it. Contacted Chad Whlie via FB messenger but did not get an answer
What @giantpune said about the SN's is correct. Please PM me pictures of the blem's. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Josiah
Palmetto State Armory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #8
Bricktop

PM inbound Josiah thanks
Old 08-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
majicmike
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 164297