The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (https://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cop Killer Bullets? (https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76947)

subvet653 12-02-2010 08:29 PM

Cop Killer Bullets?

Hey -

I was just listening to fox news about the publicist Ronni somebody being shot. The reporter said she was killed by "Cop Killer" bullets called "Hollowpoints". Since when is a hollowpoint called a "Cop Killer" bullet? If anything, it would have less penetration. When are these retarded reporters going to learn proper terminology? The reason I point this out is the gun control groups will use comments like that to try and get hollow points banned as "Cop Killers".

essohbe 12-02-2010 08:38 PM

Don't worry, it's a simple and easily demonstrated truth surrounding the property of physics regarding hollowpoints that make that typical position on gun control more fuel for the pro-gun advocates to give the anti-gun agenda even less credibility.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8XcVc_0ykU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8XcVc_0ykU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(WTF? A Rham commercial attached to this?)

bravo301 12-02-2010 08:39 PM

dont cops use HP??? how ironic

subvet653 12-02-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essohbe
Don't worry, it's a simple and easily demonstrated truth surrounding the property of physics regarding hollowpoints that make that typical position on gun control more fuel for the pro-gun advocates to give the anti-gun agenda even less credibility.

Since when has the truth or science bothered the anti-gunners? They'll twist it around like, "Firearms proponent Fox news reported hollowpoints are cop killer bullets". Wait and see.

drjarhead 12-02-2010 09:03 PM

It doesn't have to have truth, it just has fit the Agenda and for the most part, Fox is almost as bad as the rest on gun rights.

I heard it too. We just have to remember that at least 50% of western men are useless puds.

S. Fisher 12-02-2010 09:05 PM

There isn't a hollow-point made that will penetrate body armor, not from a handgun anyway.

Just more Anti-self-defense bigotry :rolleyes:

BigG-n-Tn 12-02-2010 09:08 PM

I don't know if LEOs use hollow points or not but I know NATO don't allow it. Good question.

Goodoleboy 12-02-2010 09:26 PM

Leave it to the media. Remember these are the same morons that think an AK-47 shoots a far more powerful round than your average deer rifle.

Mandaree36 12-02-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodoleboy
Leave it to the media. Remember these are the same morons that think an AK-47 shoots a far more powerful round than your average deer rifle.

+10000

And the same ones that swear all the full auto M16's, RPG's and Full Auto Ak-47's in Mexico are coming from America...bought right out of American gun stores...with no background checks or anything else except cash required...

Damn I wish I could find that gunstore.

BigG-n-Tn 12-02-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandaree36
...bought right out of American gun stores...with no background checks or anything else except cash required...

Damn I wish I could find that gunstore.

Yeah me too. I'd love to have all that transfer and BGC money back :)

bravo301 12-02-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodoleboy

as a joke i always wanted to go to the gun show an ask a guy if he had any sniper style deer rifles for sale :laugh_sma

CPO TED 12-02-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Fisher
There isn't a hollow-point made that will penetrate body armor, not from a handgun anyway.

Just more Anti-self-defense bigotry :rolleyes:

"Bigotry"?

I thought it was just plain old fashioned bullshit.

T

lsmurphy 12-02-2010 10:16 PM

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76699

Goodoleboy 12-02-2010 10:19 PM

Since when were bullets respectors of persons? There is no such thing as a bullet with your name, profession, age, etc. written on it. There are only bullets that by default are understood to say "to whom it may concern."

n16ht5 12-02-2010 10:26 PM

they're only cop killer bullets when you hold the gun all sideways gangsta like... yo

armchair_warrior 12-02-2010 10:28 PM

i think hollow points are good for urban areas. thats why i think most cops use them. you don't have to worry that bullet is going to penetrate more than you are aiming for or if you miss won't go more than a wall or something!!

bravo301 12-02-2010 10:33 PM

what happens when a cop gets shot with his own gun ???? prob wished he had never loaded them cop killers thats for sure

armchair_warrior 12-02-2010 10:37 PM

after watching the onion i want one of them inferno bullets by steel hawk :p.

panzertruppe 12-02-2010 11:20 PM

Support your local Police..

Beat yourself up...

Saw that today on bumper sticker, nearly fell out my car laffing...

Last I checked, ANY bullet is a cop killer, and non-cop killer bullet... But, hmph, what da I know???...

panzertruppe

BigG-n-Tn 12-02-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebooter

LOL. You need to make sure G-Man sees that. See my sig line :laugh_sma

Mandaree36 12-03-2010 12:07 AM

Only bullets I ever heard of as cop killers were the ones they banned...covered in teflon.

Apparently they would penetrate kevlar material where other rounds of standard materials failed.

S. Fisher 12-03-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPO TED
"Bigotry"?

I thought it was just plain old fashioned bullshit.

T

Its both, you have too look at the root cause of all these people have in common. Its control, Paul Helmke of VPC fame for instance, wants firearms out of the hands of everybody except Mil and L.E. yet he carries himself.

They resort to calling us a bunch of toothless hillbillies, because we would rather protect ourselves, and our families, then have someone do it for us.

They are conditioning the weak minded that we are all criminals, and should be treated as such.

Make no mistake they Hate us, we call them anti-gun which they are proud of. In reality they are Anti-Self-defense, Anti-Freedom Bigots, and should be called so every chance we get.

These people obviously do not value human life, otherwise they wouldn't spend so much time and effort to ban the most effective tools used for self-defense. They know damn well that someone hell bent on killing will do so regardless of what laws are enacted. That's been proven time and time again.

Part of it rests with us, we slam people who stand up for themselves, and exercise their rights, out of the fear of some new law, or how it looks to those who already hate us, or have been conditioned by these anti-bill of rights bigots in the first place.

azurevirus 12-03-2010 12:44 AM

you ought to see my homemade spitballs..bet I could make a cop go "OUCH!" and then "ewwwwwwww" before they emptied their 40 cal mag into me

essohbe 12-03-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Since when has the truth or science bothered the anti-gunners? They'll twist it...
Yes, they'll twist it but then you show the judge/jury how they twisted it by clearly demonstrating the truth.

That's the problem though, the judge might be a retard and the jury might be liberals :mad:

KalashnikovMarine 12-03-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandaree36
Only bullets I ever heard of as cop killers were the ones they banned...covered in teflon.

Apparently they would penetrate kevlar material where other rounds of standard materials failed.

Which is retarded in and of it self because bullet proof is bullshit, most cops wear undervests for duty which are usually only Level 2 (in comparison Level 3 is most military/external body armor, Level 4 requires ceramic armor inserts) the long story short is Lvl 2 will usually stop a 9mm or in and around there, but a .45 might be trouble, a .357? shit you better hope the bad guy has horrible aim.

Kevlar vests are all defeatable, it's just a matter of physics, so calling one bullet a "cop killer" or a "vest buster" is mindless even for the MSM.

Shite a deer rifle in .30-06 or even lighter fast rounds like a .300win or .300WSSM could probably even break Lvl 4 vests or higher, be an interesting (expensive) experiment to see what average civilian hunting rounds for larger game's effects would be on Sappie plates and other armor inserts.

subvet653 12-03-2010 03:36 AM

Level 4 works pretty well, ask this soldier. The shot occurs about 1:40 into the video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqV_rmiSCZc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqV_rmiSCZc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the eXiLe 12-03-2010 03:59 AM

Oh dear not this shit again...remember the 'Black Talon' panty wad?

Truth has nothing to do with it, you can put forward the most comprehensive and un-disputable arguments and they just do what they want anyway.

The media say 'cop killer bullet' and the TV generation soak it up as gospel truth without lifting their nose from trough.

BOLLOCKS!

subvet653 12-03-2010 04:05 AM

It wasn't even the teflon coated bullets that were the problem, it was the name "Black Talon". It sounded so visious at the time MSM thought it had to be excessive. Winchester was a victim of it's own marketing. I have a nice collection of boxes of black talon bullets. The actual so called "cop killer" bullets were the truncated tungsten bullets banned back in the '90's.

G-Man 12-03-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG-n-Tn
LOL. You need to make sure G-Man sees that. See my sig line :laugh_sma

Trust me, I've seen it already...

Yeah this is kind of like the other day when a reporter on Fox was talking about that high school kid that took his classmates hostage up in Wisconsin having 9mm and 22mm handguns... I found a picture of the kid, check it out:

As to hollowpoints being cop killers... Ummm, I don't think so, hollowpoints increase the effectiveness of anti-ballistic vests. I've actually done tests of this using a surplus type II ballistic vest. They just flatten out on the outside of the vest without penetrating.

Of course did you ever think that they were putting this information out for the purposes of intentional misinformation? Say this stuff enough and every gangbanger out there is running out to buy the less effective hollowpoints to confront the cops.

thumper 12-03-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subvet653
It wasn't even the teflon coated bullets that were the problem, it was the name "Black Talon". It sounded so visious at the time MSM thought it had to be excessive. Winchester was a victim of it's own marketing. I have a nice collection of boxes of black talon bullets. The actual so called "cop killer" bullets were the truncated tungsten bullets banned back in the '90's.

It wasn't just the marketing entirely that created difficulty. The SXT is almost the identical bullet, with the same ballistic performance. The difference is in the 'petals' of the properly deformed jacket. The black talon made sharp, pointy, razor-sharp ends on the split apart jacket. Not to say it wouldn't create a more immediately lethal wound, but the Pathology guys in LA got tired of the risk of sustaining an open wound during autopsy on drug addicted shitheads. That is no shit. Winchester changed the marketing scheme and modified the jacket so it would not stab the unlucky pathologist in the finger while he was diggin' around inside the dead HIV gangsta. It was a nasty round, but that was the idea, wasn't it. The SXT will work just as well, and not inflict deadly disease on the poor bastid who has to retrieve the slug.
Jus' sayin'. :straightf

n16ht5 12-03-2010 12:53 PM

my fiveseven is def known as the kop killer gun :P

ThunderGod 12-03-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subvet653

No, the bullets labeled as "cop-killers" were a solid, brass projective with a teflon "jacket" to protect the rifling. They were designed by a cop in the early 70s, because the .38 wadcutters in general use at the time could bounce off of a windshield, due to the angle. They were banned in the 70s, and a definition of core hardness was added to BATF regs concerning "armor piercing" pistol bullets.

Now, 7.62x25mm will punch holes in a level 3, all day long. Especially the Chinese, steel-jacketed ones.