Old 04-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
MilitaryArms

AKaholic #: 155591
Default Red Jacket Polish Underfolder AK from Atlantic Firearms

Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
camaro1509
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 147889

every wasr10 iv seen have dimples? and thats a polish AKMS i was reading from krebs in new ak magazine he said non-import chrome barrels are thin why we cant make cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel is EPA. we all know us barrels suck their is a arms channel?. all underfolders have alote more recoil. and all non-1.6mm recivers are rough to cycle best is my slr-107fr. that bolt dosent look like its from same kit. dude i just payed 505$ for a arsenal sgl-21. and i watched all sons of guns they dont impress me like arsenal or krebs custom and i hate their style ak's
camaro1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Jager

AKaholic #: 156448

Thanks for the review, I always enjoy watching your stuff. I just found some of your videos here recently. I must have spent most of an evening watching the older Youtube videos. I've got two RedJacket shotguns that I am very fond of. They are beautiful, and so far have always ran. Beyond that, Will is just a likeable fellow.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
beefjerkly

AKaholic #: 75040

nice review. Did red jacket install the pg reinforcemet plate? Also, where do they get their barrels from?

They have a $700 price tag now at AF. I think thats fair for the piece considering youde be about $200 in parts + $200 in receiver and barrel + custom build and finish.

Since RJ is a "custom shop" that would have been cool if they added some cool detail on the receiver like selector markings and some trigger tuning. Kudos to red jacket for offering a lifetime warrenty though.

I really want to fall in love with these parts kit rifles but somewhere around the $600-700 I say to myself: "self, $200 more and I can get a time-tested factory made, never fired, mil-spec, chrome lined hammer forged legitimate barreled rifle!"

Its not that Im in love with arsenals, I just wish other people would figure out a way to bring over military rifles in sporting configurations and do conversions, rather than torching them to hell and building them again.

I guess with arsenal you get a so called "known quantity" where with parts guns you dont.
beefjerkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Enraged Gecko
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156919

I've been to Red Jacket firearms (pre-katrina when they still went by the name "Red Stick") and I was not even remotely impressed. Their products are priced well beyond other Kalashnikovs of COMPARABLE quality and I would not hesitate to buy an imported Yugo M70 underfolder and save the rest of the money for ammo and spare mags.
Enraged Gecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
MilitaryArms

Yup, good point. The PG reinforcement plate is in fact installed.

If I didn't already have a safe full of Arsenal AK's I would probably buy one of them over a US made AK. There's something very cool about being able to get real Russian AK's right now.

But for someone wanting an above average rifle in terms of fit and finish, it's hard to walk past this rifle at the price it's selling for.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Maximos

AKaholic #: 156633

camaro, where did you get an sgl-21 for $500?
Maximos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
MilitaryArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximos
Or a WASR 10 with dimples.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
beefjerkly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryArms

If I didn't already have a safe full of Arsenal AK's I would probably buy one of them over a US made AK. There's something very cool about being able to get real Russian AK's right now.

But for someone wanting an above average rifle in terms of fit and finish, it's hard to walk past this rifle at the price it's selling for.

I agree, the offerings from atlantic firearms are very cool for someone in the $600 range that doesnt want a wasr. The ak74 that AF offers from IAC is very appealing to me. As a matter of fact I think you reviewed that one....maybe its time for a part 2 to convince me
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
maxhush
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 39250

Quote:
Most likely the same place a lot of us did in the Fall a couple years ago now, when K-Var had them on sale for that. K-Var never has any fun sales any more....
maxhush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
camaro1509
Veteran Member

Quote:
k-var ak stimmulas plan, and those are us green mountain barrels that are chome plated somewere else. like krebs said us chrome linned ak barrels are junk and sure are not cold hammer forged. and if u want know most arsenals are no more than 800 the sgl-31-94 is only one in the 1200$ range. if u want talk about over priced thats red jacket they sell n build in the 1200 range and i can buy a krebs custom for that.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
camaro1509
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryArms

dude whats your deal in this anyway? u must be geting payed no offence but ur pushing them n atlantic alote but that seems the norm on here
Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
MilitaryArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1509
dude whats your deal in this anyway? u must be geting payed no offence but ur pushing them n atlantic alote but that seems the norm on here
My "deal" is that I bought a Red Jacket AK that is a very good rifle for the money. I am not getting paid by Atlantic. Does someone have to get paid to like something? I'm not sure I understand your angle.

The reason you're hearing so many good things about Atlantic Firearms is probably because they treat their customers well. I've bought several rifles from them, most of my AK's actually, and I will continue to buy from them because I get a good deal and their customer service is great. If I have a problem, they take care of it.

Why does that anger you so?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #14
beefjerkly

I agree that the barrels are a negative, but like militaryarms points out, atlantic is 100% about customer service. I would choose to do my business with them as they are active on the boards and have proven more than reliable about service and refunds etc. A added bonus is that you get a discount for being a member on this board.
If you don't like the kit built guns that AF offers, they have all the arsenal line and you can probably score it for cheaper than kvar. Keep up the cool vids militaryarms
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Atlantic Firearms
Dealer
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Camaro
We would be glad to offer a discount to you also if you would like to post a unbaised review of one of our firearms. If you are not happy with the item please feel free to post so on the web site and we will pay for return ship of the item and refund your money. We have never asked any of our review customers to post anything but what they honestly felt about the firearm good or bad. Military Arms channel pays for the rifles just like other customers of this site and does a very professional job of their reviews. If you would like to speak via phone about any of this please email us and we will be glad to call .

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 04-19-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
beefjerkly

Can't beat that.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
trizz

AKaholic #: 43163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms
Camaro
We would be glad to offer a discount to you also if you would like to post a unbaised review of one of our firearms. If you are not happy with the item please feel free to post so on the web site and we will pay for return ship of the item and refund your money. We have never asked any of our review customers to post anything but what they honestly felt about the firearm good or bad. Military Arms channel pays for the rifles just like other customers of this site and does a very professional of the review. If you would like to speak via phone about any of this please email us and we will be glad to call .

How's your stock on the Koraynovich Polish underfolders? I want one desperately but won't have funds until the end of May. Do you think you may still have them in stock by then? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #18
JohnnyBmore

AKaholic #: 156608

Quote:
Camaro
We would be glad to offer a discount to you also if you would like to post a unbaised review of one of our firearms. If you are not happy with the item please feel free to post so on the web site and we will pay for return ship of the item and refund your money. We have never asked any of our review customers to post anything but what they honestly felt about the firearm good or bad. Military Arms channel pays for the rifles just like other customers of this site and does a very professional job of their reviews. If you would like to speak via phone about any of this please email us and we will be glad to call .

Hows that for customer service .. SNAP!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic. I really like the Polish Under folder from RJ & you did a great review militaryarms .. your reviews have been in depth & helpful !!
JohnnyBmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
MilitaryArms

That's why I do business with Atlantic Firearms.

Thanks JohnnyB, I do appreciate the kind words.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
Atlantic Firearms
Dealer
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Trizz , we only have a handfull left at this time and not sure if we will be able to get more in the future .Please feel free to touch base with us when you are ready and we willl do our best to help you out.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
trizz

AKaholic #: 43163

Quote:
Trizz , we only have a handfull left at this time and not sure if we will be able to get more in the future .Please feel free to touch base with us when you are ready and we willl do our best to help you out.
Thanks for the response, I'll be in touch.

Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
justforfun

AKaholic #: 156149
Default nice review

Great review. Nice...
I was going to recommend something about the stock.
In order to get away from the teeth rattle from the metal stock,
go to your local army surplus store and buy some paracord(comes in
different colors like black and green etc.) Wrap the paracord evenly
along the rail of the folding stock(shooting side) from front to back.
Will take time if you want it to look nice. Also, burn the ends of the paracord
with a lighter to get rid of the frail. I did this with my yugo m70 and it worked
great.

This would be a great how to video for you to do as well.
Especially since you already got an under folder.

To: MilitaryArms

I left a comment for you, from a post that you did on my review.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82686
justforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
bigmegina
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 1614

this is the second redjacket build without selector detents that i have seen.i wonder why will does not put in the detents.
bigmegina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
LoadDrive1
Contributor

AKaholic #: 9940

Really Good Review! One addition that you may want to do on your "Reviews" is to show a target that you shot @ 50 yards and 100 yards. I saw one other review on an AK47 and saw the targets that was being shot with that rifle. Botton line is "I put an order in for the rifle the following week" After seening the targets. Once again, Thanks for posting your Review !
LoadDrive1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
B52buff

AKaholic #: 161717

I am new to the AK platform and I enjoyed your video. Thank you for posting.
B52buff is offline   Reply With Quote