Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
PLAGUE

AKaholic #: 23039
Default I.O. INC AK47-C

Hello all. Still waiting to get my hands on my first AK. I am on a waiting list at a local shop. The shop is getting AK47-C from I.O INC. I did a search and only got one hit. Just wondering if it is worth the $700? Is it this rilfle in the same level as a wasr 10? Another option would be is to spend more money and get a converted saiga ak-103 or get an ak from Lancaster Arms. Any input would would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Here is the AK47-C
http://www.ioinc.us/graphics2/akpolymertxt.jpg
PLAGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
JSPAG138
Banned

AKaholic #: 27267

Avoid the AK47-C like the plague, all puns intended. You can't go wrong with a Lancaster Arms build......
JSPAG138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
Fortis
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 16269

I`d agree on the Lancaster. I`ve got one & am happy w/ it. Just make sure you buy from a reputable source as I was told by them that there is a few fakes floating around. I think Atlantic may still have some, or you could buy direct for probably a little more.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests” - Patrick Henry
“The result of an irresistible freedom force meeting an immovable tyrannical object is, well, revolution." Beagle's Third Law of Governance -
WTB-`82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.
Fortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
PLAGUE

Thanks guys. I talked to Lancaster and they said that it would take 30 to build and ship. Atlantic is out of the question because they will not ship to CA. That is funny because Lancaster Arms will. The only thing that they have to do is remove the pistol grip to make it CA legal. But I am on the fence about the Lancaster arms ak or a converted saiga AK-103. Maybe i will pm Atlantic on this site to get some clarification. Just hard to wait 30 days + 10 day dros. thanks again guys.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Fortis
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 16269

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAGUE
Thanks guys. I talked to Lancaster and they said that it would take 30 to build and ship. Atlantic is out of the question because they will not ship to CA. That is funny because Lancaster Arms will. The only thing that they have to do is remove the pistol grip to make it CA legal. But I am on the fence about the Lancaster arms ak or a converted saiga AK-103. Maybe i will pm Atlantic on this site to get some clarification. Just hard to wait 30 days + 10 day dros. thanks again guys.
The only thing w/ the Saiga is that I don`t think they take standard AK mags, which the Lancaster does. The Saigas do seem to be a little beefier than some, though I`m not sure if there`s an actual difference in receiver thickness. Then again I`m basing that comparison on a saiga 12.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests” - Patrick Henry
“The result of an irresistible freedom force meeting an immovable tyrannical object is, well, revolution." Beagle's Third Law of Governance -
WTB-`82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.
Fortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
DizzyV6P

AKaholic #: 17796

I have the IO AK and have had no problems with it.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ioi

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44507

Another Links:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-t...e-ak-47-a.html

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=11208

For those bashing the IO Ak's, please give some examples on why they are bad. A couple of members on this forum as well as many other forums are pretty satisfied with the build and quality.

For $550-$600 OTD, its a pretty good value and requires NO modifications at all. Unlike a WASR with its various canted sights, need to refinish the furniture, etc... the IO Ak-47's are ready to go right out of the box. I've been able to fit all sorts of mags w/o any wobble issues. It shoots straight and goes bang every time. I can throw any sort of option on it w/o any worries about Section 922.

That being all said, there's also nothing wrong w/ Lancaster AK-47's. Many folks that own it rave about the quality. They do a great job with their AK-47. You can see it in the price as well

Good luck with whatever you choose.
DizzyV6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
JSPAG138
Banned

AKaholic #: 27267

Im not judging the build at all. I'm pretty sure it's a straight shooter. What I dont like is that they pretty much advertise that it's an ALL AMERICAN AK47. Not exactly something I look for when buying an AK. I have friends that put on all the new rail systems and collapsible AR buttstocks and things of that sort. To me, I want my AK to look as "insurgent" as possible. Like it just got dug up out of cache of weapons and was buried next to an RPG and a few hand grenades.....
JSPAG138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
PLAGUE

Thanks Dizzy for the info. Do you know if they are legal in CA. I had asked about ak47-C on the calguns.net site and a member had said that they were not legal in CA.

Last edited by PLAGUE; 01-20-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
nsjames

AKaholic #: 22312

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAGUE
Thanks Dizzy for the info. Do you know if they are legal in CA. I had asked about ak47-C on the calguns.net site and a member had said that they were not legal in CA.
It's my understanding that you can't have anything with a high cap removable magazine in CA.
nsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #10
neotracer075

AKaholic #: 28899

I just picked one up this past Friday... The one I got seems solid so far still waiting for the weather to break to get out and see though. I also picked up a WASR-10 on Tuesday lacking the usual WASR like problems...

I have pics in my link...

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47893

Thanks,
neotracer
neotracer075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
jennymikeb

AKaholic #: 13564

I have one, it is a really nice AKM, better than my wasr. IO is a good company, it is just a small company and they get behind. See my post from November when I picked it up at their facility. $700 is a little rich for my blood, but prices are high at the moment on everything.

jennymikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 AM   #12
PLAGUE

Thanks guys your all your input. I went with a AKM from Lancaster Arms. The Local shop here ended up not getting the I.O. rifles. Now I just have to wait 30 days for them to build and ship . Just really hard right now to get any thing in CA.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #13
ak sam
Banned

AKaholic #: 29949
Default I have the Interordnance STG-2000c

To the best of my knowledge, and the internet, the Ak-47c is a Romanian receiver with the rest of the gun being U.S. made. I have the stg-2000c, since March 2008, and it is a nice shooter. It is the same as the ak-47c except the forearm grip is different. The Stg-2000c is copied after an East German Design, only the aesetics not the functionality. The Stg-2000c was given bad press, and I was told not to buy it, but no one had an argument as to why. I have cycled over a thousand rounds in the last 10 months, and it performs flawlessly. I put on a Bushnell Trophy 1x28mm red-dot scope which gives me the capabilities to shoot 3 1/2" to 5" groups at 100 yards with Wolf MIL-Spec ammo. Do not let the die hard ak-traditionalist persuade you to think that your getting, for lack of a better word, a shitty weapon. If you are wondering Interordnance tells all their consumers that only thermold mags are guaranteed to work in their STG-2000c and ak-47c models. That is a lie. I have tried almost all of the european countrie's steel mags and they work well. The thermold mags jiggle when shooting, and the steel mags are not jiggly. They are firm. I have never heard an actual problem, but have heard to avoid them like the plague. Just jacking with you (PLAGUE).
ak sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
ak sam
Banned

AKaholic #: 29949

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPAG138
Avoid the AK47-C like the plague, all puns intended. You can't go wrong with a Lancaster Arms build......
I was wondering if there were any specific problems with the ak-47c, since you advise to avoid them like the plague. Just wondering.
ak sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
DizzyV6P

AKaholic #: 17796

The receivers are supposed to be U.S. made. Many of the ones shipped to MD have RPG Arms (ERTD) receivers built in Houston, TX. As far as the rest of the gun being U.S. made, there are some that say the innards are really Romanian. The trunnions have no markings so there's no way to tell. I was told by IOI that the barrel is made by Mossberg. I was advised by IOI to use Thermold and Tapco mags. However, my steel Bulgarians (20rd and 30 rd) and polymer 40 rd Hungarian fit w/o any problems.
DizzyV6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #16
lvdesert

AKaholic #: 74140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPAG138
Im not judging the build at all. I'm pretty sure it's a straight shooter. What I dont like is that they pretty much advertise that it's an ALL AMERICAN AK47. Not exactly something I look for when buying an AK. I have friends that put on all the new rail systems and collapsible AR buttstocks and things of that sort. To me, I want my AK to look as "insurgent" as possible. Like it just got dug up out of cache of weapons and was buried next to an RPG and a few hand grenades.....
so you suggested anyone should avoid IO Inc's AK like the plague because its not made foreign huh... OK? no wonder your banned. i had their STG2000-C in 7.62 and it was a great rifle. been thinking about getting me the standard wood model cause i miss the STG.

Last edited by lvdesert; 03-15-2010 at 12:45 AM.
lvdesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 AM   #17
Blazed30

AKaholic #: 69260

Lancaster was a good choice I was going to put a vote in for a Saiga but Lancasters make some great AK's. Their factory is not far from my house either but I have never gotten anything from them just shot a couple and handled them anyway I am sure you will be pleased with it once it arrives.
Blazed30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
warhound
Banned

AKaholic #: 52523

Quote:
I have friends that put on all the new rail systems and collapsible AR buttstocks and things of that sort. To me, I want my AK to look as "insurgent" as possible. Like it just got dug up out of cache of weapons and was buried next to an RPG and a few hand grenades.....
Different people like different things, I myself think collapsing stocks are ridiculous on ANY gun, but that's because I have no use for them.

According to an article in the new Guns & Ammo AK magazine, IO is getting their trunnions made by US companies. I can't speak for gas blocks, carriers, bolts, et cetera. But they claim it's all US. I would expect a higher price tag if that was the case.
warhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
walldj45

AKaholic #: 78087

Speaking of Lancaster Quality control, this is from this forum over in the ak 74 section.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64048
walldj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Scratcha

AKaholic #: 9720

I own a Lancaster AK; excellent rifle build, nice clean fit and finish!
It shoots accurately and flawlessly! I might order another one w/ milled receiver.
As far as IO, Inc, I sounds like it is "hit or miss" with them.
Scratcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #21
hk1123
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 161499

Wow zombie thread - and here I thought Lancaster was an avoid, and facing some current issues....

WTB/WTT - stubs, barrel work
hk1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #22
maxxmojo
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 154628

Yeah after I read the second post my head almost exploded until I saw the date.
Clinton and his Assault Weapons Ban where in the news. I asked him if he thought there could be an armed struggle in the US. His words still hold true today, "Men with beer bellies don't make Revolutions".
maxxmojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #23
Mail Clerk

AKaholic #: 154837

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyV6P View Post
I have the IO AK and have had no problems with it.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ioi

Another Links:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-t...e-ak-47-a.html

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=11208

For those bashing the IO Ak's, please give some examples on why they are bad. A couple of members on this forum as well as many other forums are pretty satisfied with the build and quality.

For $550-$600 OTD, its a pretty good value and requires NO modifications at all. Unlike a WASR with its various canted sights, need to refinish the furniture, etc... the IO Ak-47's are ready to go right out of the box. I've been able to fit all sorts of mags w/o any wobble issues. It shoots straight and goes bang every time. I can throw any sort of option on it w/o any worries about Section 922.

That being all said, there's also nothing wrong w/ Lancaster AK-47's. Many folks that own it rave about the quality. They do a great job with their AK-47. You can see it in the price as well

Good luck with whatever you choose.
I'm on my second replacement rifle/AK. All issues I had/have are a canted sight and for some reason the muzzle threads won't accept another with the same muzzle threading. Other than that my second rifle appears to be most superior in function. No function problems at all!!! When I get a chance I want to install a collapable stock and synthetic forearm. Other than that I have to have a bullet button installed otherwise I can't have a grip.

Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote