Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > K-VAR

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 02:16 AM   #946
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
Waiting, as in the system marked "pending" . You and I submitted ours within days of each other and mine went pending 2 days after the check was cashed.

My local class III indicated that the system is bogged down right now ahead of the deadline and he has customers items still pending from December.

44
How did you check the status on your Form 4? Did you call?
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #947
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
How did you check the status on your Form 4? Did you call?
Of course

I know I am in the works as my Class III said I need to come down and resubmit my form 4 since the dealer didn't use double sided forms. Shouldn't jeapordized my spot though, hopefully I will still see it within the next year.

44
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #948
Robertdk2
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 161096
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA,NV,Las Vegas
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
lol thanks, good to see there's still a wish or two left in the lamp

yep, and the wait is killing me since yours shipped a couple months ago
ATF allows our bookkeeper to check status on 5 serial numbers a day. Yours was on today's list. Yours went on the pending list 6 weeks ago. Right now their pending list process is 8 to 10 weeks.
Robertdk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #949
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdk2 View Post
ATF allows our bookkeeper to check status on 5 serial numbers a day. Yours was on today's list. Yours went on the pending list 6 weeks ago. Right now their pending list process is 8 to 10 weeks.
thank you Robert, hopefully soon then!
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #950
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpony View Post
I undervalued that set. You should sell it to him for at least $85
Those vented Russian HG's sells for like $120 and up in GB. I'm gonna sell it to him for the same price purchased in the MP at $68. He's a good friend and also my FFL dealer too! He only charges me $15 for ALL firearm transfers including NFA transfers too!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #951
Themagician1999
Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 166707
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
He's a good friend and also my FFL dealer too! He only charges me $15 for ALL firearm transfers including NFA transfers too!
Stop rubbing in your $15 transfers
Themagician1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #952
Mecha_Arms
Member
 
AKaholic #: 185410
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Those vented Russian HG's sells for like $120 and up in GB. I'm gonna sell it to him for the same price purchased in the MP at $68. He's a good friend and also my FFL dealer too! He only charges me $15 for ALL firearm transfers including NFA transfers too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagician1999 View Post
Stop rubbing in your $15 transfers
I wish I had $15 transfers. That's a nice deal.
Mecha_Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #953
Babymufasa
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 174368
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tha Swamp land
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
I wish I had $15 transfers. That's a nice deal.
I know right...it was never the $1400 for a ak, it was the extra $10 on the transfer that will get ya. Lol
Babymufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:06 AM   #954
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymufasa View Post
I know right...it was never the $1400 for a ak, it was the extra $10 on the transfer that will get ya. Lol
Dang.. Even cheaper! Your FFL charges $10 for transfers.. Cool beans!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #955
Babymufasa
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 174368
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tha Swamp land
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Dang.. Even cheaper! Your FFL charges $10 for transfers.. Cool beans!
Naw, I'm in the $25 league lol... I'm jealous of your nfa transfer fee tho!! I'd buy a new ak every day if I could save the extra $10 my ffl is charging me Can't wait for you guy's factory shorties to come in as well!!!

Last edited by Babymufasa; 05-21-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Babymufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:58 AM   #956
Mecha_Arms
Member
 
AKaholic #: 185410
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymufasa View Post
I know right...it was never the $1400 for a ak, it was the extra $10 on the transfer that will get ya. Lol
In WA it's the almost 10% sales tax that really gets you.

So after you give the State about $140 extra for that $1,400 AK, giving the FFL more money on top of it is additional salt in the wound.
Mecha_Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:39 AM   #957
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
In WA it's the almost 10% sales tax that really gets you.

So after you give the State about $140 extra for that $1,400 AK, giving the FFL more money on top of it is additional salt in the wound.
That is the reason why I mentioned that my FFL Dealer is a great person to deal with. He only charges $15 for transfers. Everybody else in Whatcom County charges $30 and up.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #958
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
That is the reason why I mentioned that my FFL Dealer is a great person to deal with. He only charges $15 for transfers. Everybody else in Whatcom County charges $30 and up.
damn those charlatans and miscreants, light the torches and gather the pitchforks we must purge them from the towns! btw i laugh at those prices since my local SOT charges much much more than that
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:54 AM   #959
Babymufasa
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 174368
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tha Swamp land
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
That is the reason why I mentioned that my FFL Dealer is a great person to deal with. He only charges $15 for transfers. Everybody else in Whatcom County charges $30 and up.
Thats seriously a good price on nfa transfer, my regular transfer is fair, but everyone charges more for nfa... Waiting for you guy's update when the shorties arrive!!

And that sales tax is steep, ouch..
Babymufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #960
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymufasa View Post
Thats seriously a good price on nfa transfer, my regular transfer is fair, but everyone charges more for nfa... Waiting for you guy's update when the shorties arrive!!

And that sales tax is steep, ouch..

Yeah, I hear ya about the sales tax. I've already paid for the $15 NFA transfer fee PLUS the $170 sales tax (8.5%). That 8.5% sales tax is brutal!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #961
Shaggy-dog618
Member
 
AKaholic #: 186254
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rayville, MO
Posts: 31
Default

I just ordered the slr107-55 factory sbr a few weeks ago, pretty excited for my first AK. Any idea how long form 3's are taking now?
Shaggy-dog618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #962
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy-dog618 View Post
I just ordered the slr107-55 factory sbr a few weeks ago, pretty excited for my first AK. Any idea how long form 3's are taking now?
hard to say, i'm still waiting on one for my sbr, it was submitted over 4 months ago
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 PM   #963
Shaggy-dog618
Member
 
AKaholic #: 186254
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rayville, MO
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
hard to say, i'm still waiting on one for my sbr, it was submitted over 4 months ago
Over 4 months on a form 3?
Shaggy-dog618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 AM   #964
Themagician1999
Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 166707
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy-dog618 View Post
Over 4 months on a form 3?
One way to save some time is that once the form 3 is logged into the ATF system showing the FFL, said FFL can go ahead and fill out the form 4 if they're comfortable doing that without actually having the gun in hand (straight from ATF examiner). Should save some time if your FFL is willing to do that (just need the S.N. from KVAR). I did that with one of the guns I got from KVAR.
Themagician1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:13 AM   #965
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy-dog618 View Post
Over 4 months on a form 3?
Well, I turned in my Form 4 first week of March... Nothing in the mail YET! The wait is brutal!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 AM   #966
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy-dog618 View Post
Over 4 months on a form 3?
yep, me and Islandfocus both ordered factory 107UR's and the form 3's were submitted at the beginning of feb. he got his approved and shipped by the end of the month, mine's still pending
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #967
Shaggy-dog618
Member
 
AKaholic #: 186254
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rayville, MO
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
yep, me and Islandfocus both ordered factory 107UR's and the form 3's were submitted at the beginning of feb. he got his approved and shipped by the end of the month, mine's still pending
Wow that is absolutely ridiculous! Form 3's shouldn't even require approval, just notify them of the transfer.
Shaggy-dog618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #968
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
yep, me and Islandfocus both ordered factory 107UR's and the form 3's were submitted at the beginning of feb. he got his approved and shipped by the end of the month, mine's still pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy-dog618 View Post
Wow that is absolutely ridiculous! Form 3's shouldn't even require approval, just notify them of the transfer.
I'm surprised that both of your 107 SBR's has not been transferred to your local FFL just yet. Both Shinpu and I are among the first to purchase the 107 SBR's first week of Nov 2015.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #969
Mrgunsngear
AKaholic
 
Mrgunsngear's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161751
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carolina
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Well, I turned in my Form 4 first week of March... Nothing in the mail YET! The wait is brutal!
Same here.
__________________
Mrgunsngear Youtube Channel
Mrgunsngear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #970
atxtj
Member
 
AKaholic #: 164145
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Drip, Texas
Posts: 425
Default

Mine went in first week of April... I'm interested to see what 41F is going to do to actual wait times.
atxtj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #971
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

good news everybody, mine's finally on its way!
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #972
atxtj
Member
 
AKaholic #: 164145
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Drip, Texas
Posts: 425
Default

Excellent man! Sorry your wait has been so long!
atxtj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:55 AM   #973
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
good news everybody, mine's finally on its way!
Awesome!!! Let's see photos once it arrives! If I remember, you already turn in your Form 4. Correct?
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #974
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Awesome!!! Let's see photos once it arrives! If I remember, you already turn in your Form 4. Correct?
lol but it looks like yours, hell Robert even posted a photo of it!
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #975
infamous
Member
 
AKaholic #: 158575
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 107
Default

Haven't logged into the site for a while. Thought I'd post some pics of how the SLR107UR turned out. I had Two Rivers Arms open up/drill out the gas port donut, chop and crown the barrel, tighten up the loose gas tube, install a G2 trigger, and do the NFA engraving. I left the factory finish for now. Maybe later down the road I'll have it cerakoted. This is how she turned out:






I bought some blonde bulgy wood handguards and a brown bakelite grip a while back on the marketplace. I stained them and added 5 coats of tung oil and thought about swapping out the poly handgaurds but I'm not sure if I want to go that route now. I'm still undecided which would look better.

infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #976
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous View Post
Haven't logged into the site for a while. Thought I'd post some pics of how the SLR107UR turned out. I had Two Rivers Arms open up/drill out the gas port donut, chop and crown the barrel, tighten up the loose gas tube, install a G2 trigger, and do the NFA engraving. I left the factory finish for now. Maybe later down the road I'll have it cerakoted. This is how she turned out:

I bought some blonde bulgy wood handguards and a brown bakelite grip a while back on the marketplace. I stained them and added 5 coats of tung oil and thought about swapping out the poly handgaurds but I'm not sure if I want to go that route now. I'm still undecided which would look better.

Your 107UR looks awesome! And those wood hand guards looks GREAT! It looks almost like the ones I've done.

Here's a Tula vented HG's I finished staining last week.

[/URL]

islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #977
infamous
Member
 
AKaholic #: 158575
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Your 107UR looks awesome! And those wood hand guards looks GREAT! It looks almost like the ones I've done.

Here's a Tula vented HG's I finished staining last week.
Thanks Art! I like the color on yours. Mine just came out too dark. I mixed about 4 different stains trying to get that right color but after a few coats (to mask imperfections in the wood) it got darker and darker. Yours look really good. I like how the grain is still highly visible.
infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #978
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous View Post
Thanks Art! I like the color on yours. Mine just came out too dark. I mixed about 4 different stains trying to get that right color but after a few coats (to mask imperfections in the wood) it got darker and darker. Yours look really good. I like how the grain is still highly visible.
Different types of wood, the Russian wood is grainier then your Bulgarian blonde wood.

44
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #979
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 8377
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Yeah.. I sent my Form 4 the begining of March. BATF cashed my checked on the first week of March... I'm still waiting....
Same here but I checked and mine was approved on 6/7 so now I just need to find someone to straighten out my front sight/block...

Hope your approved soon, I've got a few others in limbo as well so the wait does suck.

44
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #980
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
Same here but I checked and mine was approved on 6/7 so now I just need to find someone to straighten out my front sight/block...

Hope your approved soon, I've got a few others in limbo as well so the wait does suck.

44
Really? Your Form 4 has been approved.. PM me the BATF's phone number so I can check mine!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 12 (4 members and 8 guests)
akgunner, eli2325, frbejarano, islandfocus2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles