AKaholic #: 7235
Default Folding chinese spike bayonet

http://www.ak47bayonets.com/Article_...tent1151872204

does anybody know if that will fit on a Yugo M70 underfolder with 45 comp

southern boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
chrry

AKaholic #: 5903

Will not fit with slant brake on. But might fit with a muzzle nut. Bayonet will hit U/F, if you don't shorten spike.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
chrry

AKaholic #: 5903
Default Bayonet

The Yugo bayonet would look the best on your Yugo U/F. The Romy, E-German, Polish would look better than the Folding Spike.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
tnwillia

AKaholic #: 6119

I got a couple of them from Omaga. Put one on a Romy "G" and one on a Romy Sidefolder. Replaced the slant break for a barrel nut from K-var. Works great, looks great. Worked loose after firing so you need to use the pin holes and pin it thru your front site post rear pin if you want a sure solid mount.
tnwillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnwillia
I got a couple of them from Omaga. Put one on a Romy "G" and one on a Romy Sidefolder. Replaced the slant break for a barrel nut from K-var. Works great, looks great. Worked loose after firing so you need to use the pin holes and pin it thru your front site post rear pin if you want a sure solid mount.
I've given that install a thought on a build I'm planning this winter. Any pics of the bayo on your Romy?
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
tnwillia

Default Romy W Spike Pic's

Spike Bayo From Omega
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Romy W spike 1.JPG (85.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Romy W Spike 2.JPG (51.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Romy W Spike 3.JPG (85.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 12-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
tnwillia

Sorry about the bad pic's. They didn't like being resized to fit.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Thanks. Looks good. The bayo looks long but I guess it is close to the size of an original on my Polytech double under AK. Is that grease all over the front sight base? I may have to give one a try.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:52 PM   #9
tnwillia

Yes, cosmoline, didn't get it all off yet. If you look at the Omega review thru the thread shown up top you see pictures of how they ship, covered in cosmoline and packing paper. I think I saw that he would clean them up for you for added cost. These are suppose to be actual Chicom spikes built for later Chicom AKs. Site talks about that info. I think I paid $50 each for these with MO and got quick turn a round from Omega. I'm happy with them!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #10
southern boy

AKaholic #: 7235

as long as it will fit under the rear butt plate when fully folded closed im good to go.
southern boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
ubangi

AKaholic #: 7311

Why don't you just get the right bayonet? The folding bayos are for chinese SKSs! I found what is supposed to be a Russian bayonet w/ scabbard and a (new looking) 2 mag green canvas pouch from a Bud K knives catalog for $14.95. It looks like the real deal and the mag pouch is a nice extra. Curved clip point, saw back, reddish Baeklite handle, and wire cutter scabbard. (no frog, though) Not a bad deal.
ubangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubangi
Why don't you just get the right bayonet? The folding bayos are for chinese SKSs! .
Actually some Chinese AK's came with folding bayonets like the one in my picture above. Called a "double under." Some folks like the look of an underfolding spike bayo. Others the detachable type you described. Whatever floats your boat>
Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #13
bullet3z

AKaholic #: 6915

Those spikes for sale are not the same ones that are on the SKS rifles. I just looked at mine and they are different. My SKS's have a little different style. They do not have the option of pin on or screw on like the ones for sale.

I also looked at my MAK90 and it looks like that spike would be to long for it. Mine does have the lower handguard that is built for the spike but it did not come with a spike. My front sight post is also longer and it does not appear as if it would allow for the spike bayo to mount behind it. But I may just have to get one of those bayo's and put my MAk back to the way it was originaly built.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #14
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z
Those spikes for sale are not the same ones that are on the SKS rifles. I just looked at mine and they are different. My SKS's have a little different style. They do not have the option of pin on or screw on like the ones for sale.

I also looked at my MAK90 and it looks like that spike would be to long for it. Mine does have the lower handguard that is built for the spike but it did not come with a spike. My front sight post is also longer and it does not appear as if it would allow for the spike bayo to mount behind it. But I may just have to get one of those bayo's and put my MAk back to the way it was originaly built.
Yes, they are for AK's not SKS rifles. Here is the scoop:
Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
bullet3z

AKaholic #: 6915

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE
Yes, they are for AK's not SKS rifles. Here is the scoop:

Yes I know they are for the AK's. That is what I posted. But it appears that it might be a little to long for my MAK-90. That is what I was getting at. But I may just have to get one and try since I have the correct lower hand grip for the underfolder spike.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
Windustsearch

AKaholic #: 3158

The mount is made for the AK (looks like a new idea), the spike is a $3 Chinese SKS spike.
Windustsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #17
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z
Yes I know they are for the AK's. That is what I posted. But it appears that it might be a little to long for my MAK-90. That is what I was getting at. But I may just have to get one and try since I have the correct lower hand grip for the underfolder spike.
I was not responding to your post but to an earlier one that mentioned they were for an SKS. Did you open the web site attached? They show the same bayo on a MAK 90, which is what you said you have. They cost around $50.00 I believe.