Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

AKaholic #: 73701
Default WTS - M85 & M92 Trunnion Block Modification

Finally! Do You Need The Rear Block Of Your M85 Or M92 Krinkov Kit Modified For The Folding Stock? Do You Need The Breech Block Modified As Well?

I now offer the service of machining your virgin M85 or M92 rear block (or rear trunnion as some say) that came with your kit so it can accept the Yugoslavian underfolding stock hardware.

What do I do with your virgin block? I ream the rivet holes to their correct diameter 4,6mm and 4,1mm size, and then machine the pivot hole, the locking lug holes, and finally make the clearance cuts for the securing pins.

How much? Send me your virgin block and I will return it as a finished unit for $30.00. Yes - that includes return shipping by USPS Priority with a tracking number. For $10.00 more I will correct the holes in your virgin breech block (or front trunnion as some call it).

In short - $30.00 for the rear block, and $40.00 for both blocks - and that includes return postage. You can send me a PM here or contact me at my email link.

http://www.robertforbus.com/m85_m92_rear_trunnion.htm

Gun Owners of America Member
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

A few of these are now trickling in - quick run time on these items.
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

Okay - bumpity bump. Please know that for $10.00 more I will drill the missing rivet holes; re-size the undersized rivet holes, and drill a pilot hole for the barrel pin of your virgin M85 breech block. I will also do the virgin M92 for the same price.

See web page http://www.robertforbus.com/m85_m92_rear_trunnion.htm
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by Rforbus; 07-24-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

Bumpity, bump! Milling machine needs work!
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
cadence
Contributor

AKaholic #: 88730

tag

time to start digging in the shed for those Yugo trunnions

===

Also, do you do the remaining virgin barrel work?

Optimists these days learn English,
pessimists learn Chinese,
but realists learn how to operate an AK-47.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

Cadence, I can do your remaining virgin barrel work. I just don't offer this service normally as there are a couple of guys on the forum that do it well for a fair price. I can take the difficult ones where there is a lot of machining involved.
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

Bumpity, bumpity, bump!
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
KrinkoSaurus

AKaholic #: 170915

If I were to send you a virgin M92 rear trunnion, could you drill and tap it for the two 10-32 bolts for a Stormwerx type folding stock hinge? If so, what would be the cost?

Same question as #1 but what would it cost to "tig up" a built-up area, then machine it flat, so that the hinge/ stock would be square, not canted, to the bore of the M92, then drill and tap it to take the 10-32 bolts for the folding hinge (no final finishing needed- I'd take care of the finishing)

If I were to send you an M92 barreled receiver, would either of the above be possible, and if so, what would be the cost? Not sure I could or should do # 2 without having ATF approval for an SBR in hand, but would like to know possibilities and prices.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

If I were to send you a virgin M92 rear trunnion, could you drill and tap it for the two 10-32 bolts for a Stormwerx type folding stock hinge? If so, what would be the cost?

It could be done for $20.00 and that would include return shipping. I would need the hinge since I do not know the hole location.

Same question as #1 but what would it cost to "tig up" a built-up area, then machine it flat, so that the hinge/ stock would be square, not canted, to the bore of the M92, then drill and tap it to take the 10-32 bolts for the folding hinge (no final finishing needed- I'd take care of the finishing)

I do not offer that service (welding). Perhaps someone makes a 5-degree shim for that purpose.

If I were to send you an M92 barreled receiver, would either of the above be possible, and if so, what would be the cost? Not sure I could or should do # 2 without having ATF approval for an SBR in hand, but would like to know possibilities and prices.

I do not hold a FFL, so I cannot accept a NFA-controlled item. If you were an in-State resident you could bring it to my shop as long as you stay with the receiver as the work is being done. But before I would touch the receiver the barrel must be extended and blnd-pinned. I know this is a WTS thread so I will just touch this lightly:

The moment the holes were drilled and tapped for the folding stock - it becomes very touchy. Just a warning - to be in possession of both the modified pistol (prepared for the folding stock and without having the barrel properly extended) and having the folding stock establishes the "intent to make a Title 2 firearm" and is just as felonious as owning such an item without a tax stamp.
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
TheBlackSmith

AKaholic #: 164633

Just to Give some clarification...the ATF is only concerned about the receiver itself and some FA parts. Things like Barrels, or barrels in trunnions or holes being drilled or other things welded up....the ATF does not cat about. Basically if ur plan on clean as possible stop playing in the pond.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
etown_ak

AKaholic #: 169947

Would you do the same work on a complete M92? If so, how much? (I'll either have the needed SBR paperwork or a pinned extension.)
Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
dhtexas

AKaholic #: 161409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rforbus View Post

It could be done for $20.00 and that would include return shipping. I would need the hinge since I do not know the hole location.

I do not offer that service (welding). Perhaps someone makes a 5-degree shim for that purpose.

I do not hold a FFL, so I cannot accept a NFA-controlled item. If you were an in-State resident you could bring it to my shop as long as you stay with the receiver as the work is being done. But before I would touch the receiver the barrel must be extended and blnd-pinned. I know this is a WTS thread so I will just touch this lightly:

The moment the holes were drilled and tapped for the folding stock - it becomes very touchy. Just a warning - to be in possession of both the modified pistol (prepared for the folding stock and without having the barrel properly extended) and having the folding stock establishes the "intent to make a Title 2 firearm" and is just as felonious as owning such an item without a tax stamp.
PM sent.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
Rforbus
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by etown_ak View Post
Would you do the same work on a complete M92? If so, how much? (I'll either have the needed SBR paperwork or a pinned extension.)
etown_ak, I will send you a PM.
NRA member
Patriot Guard Rider
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
KrinkoSaurus

AKaholic #: 170915

RForbus- thank you very much for your reply and guidance and I 100% respect your caution. I am pretty new to AKs and SBRs and still learning what is involved and where the edges are between batches of parts that no one fusses over and that could go together in various lego-like configurations, and things that get one in a bad place.
Closed Thread