Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Ammunition

Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
countr21

AKaholic #: 169150
Default M67 Yugo ammo

I have two old crates of the M67 Yugo brass cased 7.62x39 ammunition. I bought it cheap many moons ago. What's the story with this stuff? Is it good? I did a search and found a few tidbits. It's common, but not that common? There are some idiots on gunbroker trying to sell it at inflated prices......what would be a realistic value on a crate of the stuff? I might be interested in some trades or cash in exchange for it.

Any help and opinions appreciated.
countr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
HWI
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 161546

It's great ammo, some of the best 7.62x39 around. Used to be quite common, but seems to have mostly dried up. Can't help you on value too much, the panic made the prices all wonky, but I can tell you a local shop to me still has the stuff and sells it for around $3.50 per 15 rounds which is probably pretty low in the current market.
HWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Mopars1963
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168699

U S Tactical Supply has cases going for 625 a case.15 round box @ 7.50.
Mopars1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
StG58Freak
Banned

AKaholic #: 86051

I rank M67 right up there with the best. In my 7,62x39 AKs it was accurate. I wished that I had saved a crate or two because the prices folks want for it now is beyond the realms of retarded.
StG58Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
TheGreek!
FAA certified Aircraft Mechanic

AKaholic #: 157160

I've got some for 600 a case (1260rd crate) + shipping if anybody wants it. Not cheap but then again its unavailable to buy at the stores anymore and people are asking more than that for it elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
uncle remus

AKaholic #: 160796

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
I've got some for 600 a case (1260rd crate) + shipping if anybody wants it. Not cheap but then again its unavailable to buy at the stores anymore and people are asking more than that for it elsewhere.
Damn! Do you get some sucky sucky with that.
uncle remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
TheGreek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle remus View Post
Damn! Do you get some sucky sucky with that.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
spiders88
The Ak Scotsman

AKaholic #: 50286

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr21 View Post
I have two old crates of the M67 Yugo brass cased 7.62x39 ammunition. I bought it cheap many moons ago. What's the story with this stuff? Is it good? I did a search and found a few tidbits. It's common, but not that common? There are some idiots on gunbroker trying to sell it at inflated prices......what would be a realistic value on a crate of the stuff? I might be interested in some trades or cash in exchange for it.

Any help and opinions appreciated.
I have picked some up for 5.00 a box. Seen a few cases for 400 & 450.00. To be honest I would save it for a rainy day the stuff is very accurate and if sealed would out live all of us.
spiders88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
hellayella8888
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164345

don't just plink with that darn thing...shoot Wolf or Tula instead, haha...or list it on Gunjoker for $800 and get more ammo
hellayella8888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

There are some crates of M67 that have rough condition ammunition in them. These have been repacked in English language boxes and crates. The headstamps are mixed and the ammunition looks like it has been tumble cleaned. The sealed crates with Serbian printing should be in better condition.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
JoeyBones

AKaholic #: 167787

Quote:
All that shit you talk about gougers... Wow.

Regards,

Bones
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
TheGreek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
All that shit you talk about gougers... Wow.

Regards,

Bones
Sorry, I didnt buy it with the intent to re-sell it when I bought it. Its part of my SHTF stash. I bought it a looooong time ago when it was available everywhere for cheap. It isnt MY problem that the price for it went up so much over the long length of time that I sat on it, its YOURS. Wanna sell me any NIB wasrs you might have laying around for 300 each? No? Why not? I bought my yugo surplus when wasrs were 300 for a new one so why wont you sell me your new wasr that you bought for 300 and sat on for years for 300? Nice try, now go run to wal-mart and clean out the shelves of ammo and list it on gobroker tonight at triple the price you paid for it, buy it with the sole intent to re-sell it but dont you dare accuse me of doing the same thing because apparently you cant tell the difference.

Regards,

Greek
Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Saxon

AKaholic #: 2707

Quote:
Sorry, I didnt buy it with the intent to re-sell it when I bought it. Its part of my SHTF stash. I bought it a looooong time ago when it was available everywhere for cheap. It isnt MY problem that the price for it went up so much over the long length of time that I sat on it, its YOURS. Wanna sell me any NIB wasrs you might have laying around for 300 each? No? Why not? I bought my yugo surplus when wasrs were 300 for a new one so why wont you sell me your new wasr that you bought for 300 and sat on for years for 300? Nice try, now go run to wal-mart and clean out the shelves of ammo and list it on gobroker tonight at triple the price you paid for it, buy it with the sole intent to re-sell it but dont you dare accuse me of doing the same thing because apparently you cant tell the difference.

Regards,

Greek
OOOHHH!

So now it matters what your "intent" was.

What about "brothers in arms" or some other tripe you spout off about?

What a complete hypocrite

There's nothing wrong with backing out of a sale if you discover something about the seller, realize you spoke too soon, or for any reason as long as you let the seller know .
Saxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
JoeyBones

Quote:

Regards,

Greek
I do dare accuse you. You accuse everyone else of gouging regardless of any circumstance, yet you expect the benefit of the doubt in regard to your alleged "intent." Sorry, I call b.s.. no wait, I'm not at all sorry actually.

Please point me toward any of my wts ads where I'm flipping a wasr. Or anything. Yeah I didn't think so. I call em as I see em. You sir, are full of turkey. That's slang for shit, btw. Not sure of what might be lost in translation.

Regards,

Bones
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
TheGreek!

The only BS in here here is you boner, the noob troll from the commie northeast. Saxon is a piece of trolling shit too. Apparently both of you are so stupid that you dont understand the meaning of my post which doesnt surprise me. It doesnt matter whether or not if YOU have a wasr for sale that you bought new for 300 boner, that wasnt the point that was trying to be made in my post. Your opinion means nothing to me anyway because you are nothing to me. Goodbye commie noob troll, you arent worth any more of my time.

Last edited by TheGreek!; 06-20-2013 at 12:54 AM.
TheGreek! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
R4 fan
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 53

I have a bunch of Yugo, but I'm keeping mine and not selling it for any price. I've shot some, it's accurate, has low flash and low smoke compared to other ammo.

Yugo and Golden Tiger I keep. Everything else is training ammo.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
7n6
Banned
Contributor

AKaholic #: 165617

Quote:
The only BS in here here is you boner, the noob troll from the commie northeast. You are apparently so stupid that you dont understand the meaning of my post which doesnt surprise me. It doesnt matter whether or not if YOU have a wasr for sale that you bought new for 300 you idiot, that wasnt the point that was trying to be made in the post. Your opinion means nothing to me anyway because you are nothing to me. Goodbye commie noob troll, you arent worth any more of my time.

someones having a hissy-fit...
7n6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
TheGreek!

^^^^^^^
Another butthurt noob troll that means nothing to me. Just get home from wal-mart? Hows the view from under the bridge?

*Yawns*
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
JoeyBones

Quote:
The only BS in here here is you boner, the noob troll from the commie northeast. You are apparently so stupid that you dont understand the meaning of my post which doesnt surprise me. It doesnt matter whether or not if YOU have a wasr for sale that you bought new for 300 you idiot, that wasnt the point that was trying to be made in the post. Your opinion means nothing to me anyway because you are nothing to me. Goodbye commie noob troll, you arent worth any more of my time.
Oh, I see. That makes complete sense. I acknowledge your very lucid and coherent point, and awkwardly bow out of this discourse. Seeing as how I am a noob from the northeast and all. Point well taken, oh standard bearer of the second amendment.

Regards,

Bones
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
7n6
Banned
Contributor

AKaholic #: 165617

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
Oh, I see. That makes complete sense. I acknowledge your very lucid and coherent point, and awkwardly bow out of this discourse. Seeing as how I am a noob from the northeast and all. Point well taken, oh standard bearer of the second amendment.

Regards,

Bones
Don't waste your breath; he is a hard-headed indoctrinated Commie shill, living under the pretense of savior of this country. Only thing I would contact him for would be if I needed a crack pipe.
7n6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
TheGreek!

Thats all you have? So whats it like to be so intellectually unprepared and empty? Nevermind, I dont wanna know, I've had my fill of stupid for today in this thread. What a joke you are. Goodbye.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
gvguns

AKaholic #: 164344

Quote:
Your pricing and your arguement for the higher prices are the exact same thing you bitch about others doing. But since its you doing it, that must be ok because you have all the answers and you are never wrong. Anyone that disagrees with you is a troll and a noob, right?
gvguns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
77patriots
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 106007

The Greek has promised me two(2) cases in the future as I am LOW!
and yes I will pay what he is asking
that shit is GOLD!
or it will be in the future.... by gold I mean what will save your hide.
GOVERNMENT BY THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED

The MEDIA Is a WEAPON of MASS DISTORTION

truth found here-http://whatreallyhappened.com/

YOU NEED: to see this/Share this: The most important history lesson
http://youtu.be/5hfEBupAeo4
Beware the dual citizen
Zohar 1160a
77patriots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
TheGreek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvguns View Post
Your pricing and your arguement for the higher prices are the exact same thing you bitch about others doing. But since its you doing it, that must be ok because you have all the answers and you are never wrong. Anyone that disagrees with you is a troll and a noob, right?
Yep because you too are apparently too stupid to know the difference between something that someone bought (without the intent to re-sell it and has been sitting on it for years) going up in value over time and then deciding to sell it vs. someone that cleans out the store shelves during a panic with the full intent to scalp it right away for much more than he paid so that he can take advantage of people. Trying to make the two one and the same is a fail and if thats all you greedy scalpers have to use against me then defeating you yet again was much easier than usual.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #25
shim1313
"Domestic Terroist"
Contributor

AKaholic #: 131053

to many newbie trolls took over this thread. Leave the Greek alone, all he did is make a statement. no need to get butt hurt over it. Sheesh like it 's a pre school around here latley
Old 06-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
austin7.62
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 168136

It's not Greek's fault that his investment has tripled in a few years.
Y'all need to lay off.
austin7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #27
bryjcom

AKaholic #: 116898

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin7.62 View Post
Y'all need to lay off.
I think they are calling him out due to his previous exploits of rage against "gougers" and companies not selling stuff at prices that he agrees with....

Its a totally different story when he does it though.......

This ain't the first time he's been called on this either.

Carry on people. This shit is funny.
bryjcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #28
austin7.62
Veteran Member

I know how he feels about "gougers."
He didn't purchase to make money on it.
It's also surplus, and we have all seen what happens when it dries up!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #29
bryjcom

AKaholic #: 116898

Quote:
I know how he feels about "gougers."
He didn't purchase to make money on it.
It's also surplus, and we have all seen what happens when it dries up!
I have no problem with him making money on it. I have no problem with him making 300% either or more...whether it was purchased for that reason or not...

Its just kind of ironic when it comes from a guy that starts a thread bitching about a reputable company raising their prices on PSL kits and accuses them of "gouging"
bryjcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #30
austin7.62
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryjcom View Post
I have no problem with him making money on it. I have no problem with him making 300% either or more...whether it was purchased for that reason or not...

Its just kind of ironic when it comes from a guy that starts a thread bitching about a reputable company raising their prices on PSL kits and accuses them of "gouging"
I feel that.
Personally I would rather buy 2K+ rounds of GT for that price.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #31
TheGreek!

Quote:
Y'all need to lay off.
But thats just it, I DIDNT buy it as an investment, it just happened to turn into one over the long time that I've sat on it. Thats what the POS trolls in this thread dont get (or maybe they do get it and they're just looking for an excuse to troll me which is most likely the case). My yugo surplus is my SHTF stash, its not my portfolio. If I can get the going price for yugo surplus I can replace it with twice as much GT ammo thereby turning my xxxxx amount of rounds of yugo surplus into more than twice as much GT. Why shouldnt I do that, why shouldnt I double the size of my SHTF stash for basically free? It would be dumb on my part to continue to sit on my yugo surplus for more years and let it gather even more dust instead of selling it and using the money to buy twice as much GT with. But that wont stop the trolls from trying to make it look like I do what THEY do, meaning, buy with the only intent of their buying being to sell at a profit during a panic to take advantage of people, no sir, it wont stop them one bit from trying to make me into them. But thats ok, I've made it so crystal clear now about the difference between me selling what I've been sitting on for years and the trolls with their "clear the shelves and scalp it NOW, its panic time!" position that they are trying to say is the same thing. Nothing they can say can make it the same thing and save their hopeless "argument". If they think I'm gonna sell it for what I paid for it years ago then fine, consider the increase in price to the going rate of today the storage fee for storing it for all this time. The trolls are just jealous as shit that I bought it a long time ago for cheap to prepare for when TSHTF while they were busy pissing their money up at the clubs on pussy and beer. And now that its gone up a lot in value they want me to sell it for what I paid for it just because I said I hate people that buy shit with the sole intent to sell it at a rapist price. Fuck them, I'll ask full market price for it and STILL rail against scalpers because I'm not scalping, I'm just cashing in on my epic win that I wasnt planning on winning when I bought my epic win. I'll bet that every one of the trolls has an AK that they bought years ago for 200-300 bucks but do you think they would sell it to me for that? Right. Anyway, I'll be over here laughing at the trolls watching them flop about like a fish out of water trying to convince everybody that running out and clearing out the shelves at wal mart every morning during an ammo panic and listing it on gobroker as soon as they get home for three times what they paid for it is somehow no different than buying something when its everywhere and plentiful for cheap with NO intent to re-sell it and then sitting on it for years and it happening to go up in value during that time and THEN deciding to sell it so that it can be replaced with twice as much of it. Its value could have just as easily went down over the course of time that I sat on it but it didnt and I dont care anyway because once again, that isnt why I bought it when I bought it, I was preparing for the end of the world (and still am) and I missed out on a lot of fun because of it while everyone else was enjoying the good times with their money. I'll be God damned if I'm gonna let the trolls and scalpers call me a hypocrite simply because I have an epic win going now with my stash of yugo surplus that I bought a LONG time ago. They can shove their trolling shit up their trolling asses as deep as it can go and leave it there because they failed again with their trolling as usual, I turned the trolls into confetti again as usual. Mission accomplished.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #32
Eddo211

AKaholic #: 165456

Quote:
400 plus shipping is my my offer....thats over 200 profit for you
Old 06-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #33
austin7.62
Veteran Member

I call anything gun related I purchase as an "investment."
Think about it. Are mags/ammo/guns going to get cheaper? I'm going to say no.
Greek, you bought your shit cheap. You clearly haven't bought this M67 in the last 6-8 months because it's unattainable for the most part. I think it's pretty obvious you didn't buy with the intent to resell.
As for the trolls, fuck em. Carry on.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #34
mrkrinker
Non-Contributor

AKaholic #: 8594

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryjcom View Post
I think they are calling him out due to his previous exploits of rage against "gougers" and companies not selling stuff at prices that he agrees with....

Its a totally different story when he does it though.......

This ain't the first time he's been called on this either.

Carry on people. This shit is funny.
no shit, this is too funnny. he even called me MrScalper and i have never even sold anything on the net before.
he reminds me of the black guy that cant be racist because he is black.
mrkrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #35
TheGreek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrinker View Post
no shit, this is too funnny. he even called me MrScalper and i have never even sold anything on the net before.
he reminds me of the black guy that cant be racist because he is black.
You're late to the party MrStinker (as usual), I've already shut you down (as usual).