Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Lord Ak-47
Curio & Relic
 
Lord Ak-47's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 146144
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Side
Posts: 4,805
Default Zastava M88A Mini Tokarev 9mm Pistol

This is an interesting new pistol.

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-61820.html
Lord Ak-47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Wondertwin
Dem Fokkers was Messerschmidts!
 
Wondertwin's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161050
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Home of the Free
Posts: 1,448
Default

Those are neat. Might go well with my M70A.

They might be a good quality budget CCW.

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blo...-european.html

Wondertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
NorincoKid
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
NorincoKid's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 9567
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TAMPA FL
Posts: 1,191
Default

id scoop one if its was in x25

That seems like alot of fun...
NorincoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Zdeno
Curio & Relic
 
Zdeno's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 157619
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Мисури
Posts: 5,344
Default

Affordable too.
__________________
Zdeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Lord Ak-47
Curio & Relic
 
Lord Ak-47's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 146144
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Side
Posts: 4,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorincoKid View Post
id scoop one if its was in x25

That seems like alot of fun...
Yeah I still might get one even though its 9mm
Lord Ak-47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
That Random Noob
Boat Rocker
 
That Random Noob's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164877
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Satan's vaction home,TX
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondertwin View Post
Those are neat. Might go well with my M70A.

They might be a good quality budget CCW.

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blo...-european.html

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. My M70A is sitting on my computer desk as I type. And you can get mags for these,the Norinco 9mm tok mags fit it.
__________________
Stupidity is an enemy without flanks. It is best to break contact.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms,but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
President John F. Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
You guys can suck it. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. Go fuck yourselves.
That Random Noob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Wondertwin
Dem Fokkers was Messerschmidts!
 
Wondertwin's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161050
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Home of the Free
Posts: 1,448
Default

Quote:
id scoop one if its was in x25
Heck, if it were, you'd practically have to give it away to make shooting it financially feasible!

I'd like one of these, but I think I've got my heart set on grabbing a Zastava CZ99 when I can find one for a good price.

Last edited by Wondertwin; 06-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Wondertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
ThunderGod
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
ThunderGod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 62
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 3,413
Default

I got one last week. Slightly smaller and lighter than a Star BM. Good, Serbian quality. $259 with free shipping to my FFL from Centerfire.
__________________
"Sounded as tho' there was a bit of a squabble." Blind Pew
"Squabble? They're all dead!" Mister Moon
"All? Must 'ave been more of a tiff, then." Blind Pew

URCX: Your Best Friend on the Internet!

Neither Bee, nor Borg.
ThunderGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
plouffedaddy
AKaholic
 
plouffedaddy's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161751
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carolina
Posts: 1,953
Default



I've had mine for a while. $229 from Aim.
__________________
Mrgunsngear Youtube Channel
plouffedaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
bvd1
Member
 
AKaholic #: 6891
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: S.E. Pa.
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ak-47 View Post
This is an interesting new pistol.

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-61820.html
These have been around for awhile. I bought one in early 2008 and it has had no malfunctions.
When I bought mine they were also available with a chrome finish, don't know if they still are.

Last edited by bvd1; 06-14-2013 at 06:56 PM.
bvd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #11
Lord Ak-47
Curio & Relic
 
Lord Ak-47's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 146144
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Side
Posts: 4,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvd1 View Post
These have been around for awhile. I bought one in early 2008 and it has had no malfunctions.
When I bought mine they were also available with a chrome finish, don't know if they still are.
I thought it was a new model, thanks for history lesson. Classic used to have Chrome finished firearms, I wish they would offer some more like that.
Lord Ak-47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 79142
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, Lakeland, FL
Posts: 2,640
Default

The Zastava M70 is a sleeker looking slightly scaled down version, of the M88 and can be viewed on their web site. Am sure it would sell well if offered here in the US. The M88 and the M70 both appear to be good buys in a pistol for the type and money, being updated Tokarev's, and new production. Not much more in price than the surplus pistols, and from a quality European arms manufacturer.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
bvd1
Member
 
AKaholic #: 6891
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: S.E. Pa.
Posts: 269
Default

My M88a has a much heavier trigger pull than my Chinese, Romanian and Polish Tokarevs, with the Romanian being the lightest.
I would prefer if the grip did not have the little ridge on the so called thumbrest.
When I bought mine they came with only one mag unless the dealer removed the second mag.
The date of manufacture of mine was Dec. 2007.
The M88a was made for countries that require a safety, which is much better than the surplus guns that had one added. The M88 has no safety.
bvd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
Pack Rat
Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 165883
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Just south of Crook County
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Noob View Post
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. My M70A is sitting on my computer desk as I type. And you can get mags for these,the Norinco 9mm tok mags fit it.
Norinco Mags fit the M70a? Which one? Very interested.
Pack Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
That Random Noob
Boat Rocker
 
That Random Noob's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164877
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Satan's vaction home,TX
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Rat View Post
Norinco Mags fit the M70a? Which one? Very interested.
No unfortunately,they fit the M88. Both the norincos and the M88 hold 8 rounds,but the M70A holds 9. They are all the more narrow 9mm mags designed to work with tokarevs with the spacer in the mag well,but they are to short to work with the M70A's.... To bad too,cause I love mine and I wish I had 6 or 8 mags to go with it instead of the 2 it shipped with. Century is rumored to import M70A mags in the near future,and considering that all the M70's sold out in like a week and meet with pretty stellar reviews I could guess they would.

I emailed Zastava directly about how to remove the firing pin spring,and among the other things I got in their multi-page replys was the mention that since I liked their pistol so much that I should look out for the "wave of new products and accessory's" coming around the beginning of 2014. Take that for what you will. I will say that Zastava has some A+ EXCELLENT customer service though,better than most American companies.
__________________
Stupidity is an enemy without flanks. It is best to break contact.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms,but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
President John F. Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
You guys can suck it. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. Go fuck yourselves.

Last edited by That Random Noob; 06-16-2013 at 06:51 AM.
That Random Noob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #16
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 79142
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, Lakeland, FL
Posts: 2,640
Default

I am not familiar with the customer svc of any American Companies except High Point, and they are no doubt hands down the very Best for the product they sell, in America. I think that the Europeans are the innovators now with firearms (new models of pistols and rifles) and and the US has dropped largely out of the picture. This is only my perception of things. That is because we are so technologically deficient and backward that we cannot even manufacture to spec AK magazines made of metal stampings, much less new designs in rifles and pistols that are truly innovative, made well, and are affordable. A few decades ago manufacturers would have laughed hysterically at any one who would tell them they could not even manufacture and massproduce variations of even a mil spec AK metal magazine in America and sell it for profit. My God, you can purchase formed metal bowls for your dogs water all day long made of metal worthy of an AK receiver. Am sorry and I digress - and I am pleased that for as long as we are able to import them, that at least European companies are offering us some variety at reasonable cost.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
Wondertwin
Dem Fokkers was Messerschmidts!
 
Wondertwin's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161050
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Home of the Free
Posts: 1,448
Default

Quote:
The Zastava M70 is a sleeker looking slightly scaled down version, of the M88 and can be viewed on their web site.
The M88 is the compact version of the M70 (which is basically the same envelope as the longer than standard gripped M57). The M70 also has a purpose-built slide safety.
Wondertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #18
Pack Rat
Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 165883
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Just south of Crook County
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Noob View Post
No unfortunately,they fit the M88. Both the norincos and the M88 hold 8 rounds,but the M70A holds 9. They are all the more narrow 9mm mags designed to work with tokarevs with the spacer in the mag well,but they are to short to work with the M70A's.... To bad too,cause I love mine and I wish I had 6 or 8 mags to go with it instead of the 2 it shipped with. Century is rumored to import M70A mags in the near future,and considering that all the M70's sold out in like a week and meet with pretty stellar reviews I could guess they would.

I emailed Zastava directly about how to remove the firing pin spring,and among the other things I got in their multi-page replys was the mention that since I liked their pistol so much that I should look out for the "wave of new products and accessory's" coming around the beginning of 2014. Take that for what you will. I will say that Zastava has some A+ EXCELLENT customer service though,better than most American companies.
Bummer Look forward to 2014
Pack Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.