|02-22-2004, 12:57 PM||#1|
AKaholic #: 1627
Join Date: Feb 2004
Save your guns Illini !!
The 2004 Daley "Assault Weapons" ban has been assigned a hearing date before the Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee.
Senate Bill 2561 will be debated before the committee on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 3:30 PM.
If SB2561 is passed, most, if not all semiautomatic rifles and shotguns will be banned and you will have 90 days to surrender your guns to the police or be subject to forced confiscation procedures.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS:
1. Call the following Senators and thank them nicely for their past support of the right to keep and bear arms. Tell them that you are against SB2561 and that you would like them to vote against it when it comes before the Judiciary Committee
- Sen. Clayborne (217) 782-5399
- Sen. Haine (217) 782-5247
- Sen. Petka (217) 782-0422
- Sen. Roskam (217) 782-8022
- Sen. Winkel (217) 782-2507
- Sen. Dillard (217) 782-8148
2. Call the following Senators and politely tell them that you OPPOSE ANY GUN BANS and that you would like them to vote against SB2561 when it comes before the Judiciary Committee.
- Sen. Cullerton (217) 782-7260
- Sen. Harmon (217) 782-8176
- Sen. Obama (217) 782-5338
- Sen. Silverstein (217) 782-5500
Remember to be polite.
3. Call your own Illinois State Senator and tell him or her that you are opposed to SB2561 and that you would like them to vote against the bill if it reaches the Senate floor. If you do not know who your Senator is, go to this web site: http://www.legis.state.il.us/ and click on the "legislator lookup" link in the lower right hand corner of that web page. From there, follow the directions and your Senator will be listed.
4. Please pass this message along immediately to your gun owning friends and ask them to make the same phone calls.
5. Please post this message to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you may belong.
Don't delay...make those calls now!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|