Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Marketplace > Feedback & Reviews

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
17 Vive liberatum 76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 193776
Default Feedback etiquette

Just a slight gripe about how members are choosing to use the feedback system. If this thread doesn't belong here then please delete or let me know and I'll delete it.

It seems that most sellers do not leave positive feedback until after the buyer leaves the same.

In my estimation once the buyer has sent the funds and the seller receives the funds the buyer has fulfilled his end of the transaction and that's the time for the seller to go ahead and leave positive feedback.

If the buyer receives the item and is displeased to the point of leaving negative feedback that doesn't warrant the seller countering with negative feedback and I'm thinking many hold out for just that scenario.

The NRA is worse than the Amerikan left. They are traitors and betray with a kiss.

Leftism is Satanism. The left is the main enemy of these united States of America.
17 Vive liberatum 76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
Stoned_Oli
King of S'Marm
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157099

I am one of those. If the buyer doesn't fulfill his end, there's nothing really lost so feedback is not that critical... if a seller doesn't provide his end of the bargain, it is after the buyer has already sent money and it is a big problem. If I am the buyer, I will always leave appropriate feedback upon completion of the deal. If I'm the seller and do a good job and the buyer doesn't want to leave feedback, I don't really think it's that important for people to know that somebody can write a fucking check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Learned Hand
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
Kazzbomb9
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 168541

I usually try to leave feedback as soon as I'm paypaled. They paid so I sd leave feedback accordingly.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
CrusherDestroyer
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169869

If I had a dollar for every time I left feedback and didn’t get any back, I’d have ALOT of dollars.

If you have over 100, I don’t even bother, no difference between 100 and 200
CrusherDestroyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
17 Vive liberatum 76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 193776

Yeah it’s petty I guess but I think it reveals something at the same time. A transaction has certain responsibilities and expectations. IF one party is waiting on posting feedback until they receive a +1 even after the other party lived up to their end of the transaction then it’s a misuse of the feedback system IMO.

Not a big deal but I thought it was worth mentioning as some may not have thought about it before and maybe now they will.

The NRA is worse than the Amerikan left. They are traitors and betray with a kiss.

Leftism is Satanism. The left is the main enemy of these united States of America.
17 Vive liberatum 76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #7
Stoned_Oli
King of S'Marm
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157099

Feedback is not there to serve either party to a transaction, it's there for the next guy so he knows what to expect.
The responsibility of the buyer is to deliver the goods in a timely fashion and as described, and the responsibility of the buyer is to deliver the payment in a timely fashion with any relevant docs... everything else is fluff.
If feedback is required by any party, they can make that part of the deal up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Learned Hand
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #8
Kazzbomb9
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 168541

If it takes more than a day to get any type of comms or payment for a paypal transaction, I don't leave feedback.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
jschultz4774

AKaholic #: 184773

I like to wait until i see with tracking that its been delivered in mailbox, I dont move the funds from my paypal until that time as well. Then i submit feedback.
jschultz4774 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
Biohawk1
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168304

When I was a new seller I would leave feedback once the buyer paid. Sadly many times I would never receive feedback from the buyer when they got their item. After that I made it a rule to only leave feedback after I have received some from the buyer.

I normally send buyers a message like

"Item shipped via USPS
Tracking # XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please leave me some feedback once you receive the item and then I will gladly do the same for you.
Thanks
Bio"

I have received a few WTF messages from buyers regarding my methods of packing as I tend to over pack items. Im pretty sure I own a small portion of 3M by now.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:55 PM   #11
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168398

If I am selling I leave positive feedback pretty much the moment I get paid.

Then it's on me to get the buyer his item as quickly as I can.

If I'm buying, I expect the same.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
...Go to hell. Enjoy the ban. Get tapeworm.
Longshot725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #12
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

I always leave feedback right when they send the money, but yea, lots of people not returning the favor these days when they receive the products.

So far (2) different people on here have received their items yesterday they had purchased from me, stilll no feedback
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #13
Sunkist762
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172124

I'm with ya on that. Sucks when you have done multiple transactions with serious $ involved & no feedback.
Sunkist762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:10 PM   #14
ugroza

AKaholic #: 183657

Guys, there is nothing wrong with sending a friendly reminder to the seller/buyer.
In the end, it will be a lot more productive compare to whining on here.

Personally, i live a hectic lifestyle. At one moment i am neck deep into school studies, next moment i am leaving town for few days to make $. I am not a robot, shit literally slips out of my head from time to time, especially for something like feedback which is on the bottom of my 'to do' list.

Not too long ago, buyer sent me a reminder to return feedback favor. I responded to him with apologies and a feedback. I fucked up, i forgot to leave feedback, and if he didn't say anything i would probably not remember it.
One thing is certain, if he would of came here to whine instead of contacting me, he would of never gotten his feedback.
ugroza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #15
Gomlin

AKaholic #: 195193

What would be considered a reasonable level of contact between seller and buyer. Say I bought an item using bitcoin (I know). The seller says that the items will ship the next day, but then says he was unable to do so and that it would go out the next day afterward. The communication coming from the seller stops at this point in spite of nearly daily requests for a status of the shipment. In the meantime, a few days later he posts a bump on his post. Still see activity on his profile page, even today. Still no response to me regarding the status of my purchase after nearly a week. At what point does one post into his FS thread that he hasn't fulfilled his part of the bargain on items already paid for? Am I just being impatient and should I chill out in spite of the lack of communication?
Gomlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomlin View Post
At what point does one post into his FS thread that he hasn't fulfilled his part of the bargain on items already paid for?
On this board, you do not do this at all.

If you have an issue, you have several options, but posting in a seller's thread is not a valid one.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #17
TP
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 6448

I post feedback when I have shipped the item. I pm the tracking # and then leave feedback immediately after. Many times I never hear from the buyer, sometimes they will tell me what a nice items it was and thank me for the freebies, but never leave feedback.
There are times when an item is late and I get a msg with them looking for the item and I tell them to wait for the post office to sort it out. Just did 2 where they were delayed, and I monitored it for the buyers, and then I still never got feedback. At first I thought maybe they did not want to leave me bad feedback, but that is the case.
If I am a buyer, and the seller does not leave feedback after it ships or before I receive it, I refuse to leave feedback if they are waiting on positive feedback from me. In my case 1 out of 5 never leave feedback.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
brawny
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187460

Don't know the etiquette but it seems that the one who fulfills his end of the bargain first should first get feedback then he should give feedback when item is received. That only makes sense, but in my experience it doesn't happen very often.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Do you even agency, bro?
brawny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #19
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

I've learned to just not expect to receive any feedback at all.
If I get feedback then it's a nice "bonus."

If you're the buyer and made a quick payment...seller should leave feedback right after.
Buyer receives item(s) and is happy.. >ShOuLd< leave appropriate feedback.

You received your money so who gives a damn..
dan326 is offline   Reply With Quote