Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Saigas and VEPRs

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #36
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikov View Post
UPDATE!!!

I just got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. Guy asked for me by name, I said who's calling?

"This is Marc Krebs" lol wtf!

So he proceeded to tell me "it says right on the website it wont fit the bulged trunions"

"Uhhh yeah, sorry Marc, I dont know how they sell these in Illinois but here in Texas I have never seen a Vepr FM 11 without bulged trunnion. In fact, I dont see how they could sell them anywhere, isn't the entire selling point of Veprs the thick RPK barrel, the reinforced trunnion and the 1.5 millimeter receiver??? That's what I've always read."

So he proceeds to argue with me that all the FM 11's hes ever seen dont have bulged trunnion, and said he'd send me a picture.

I said look I dont wanna argue, just make it right.

He tells me ok, just ship it back to me, we're working on making them to fit the bulged trunnion now, they should be ready in 6-8 weeks, as soon as they're done we'll ship you one.

Ok, well.....are you gonna pay for me to ship this one to you? You didn't expect me to pay right?

He paused, let out a groan and sounded audibly annoyed. "Wellll.......I guess we could.......uhhh.....well look, how bout you pay for the shipping and we just knock it off your bill"

uhhh WHAT BILL? I already paid for the handguard.

"Uhhh, oh right.......sighhhhh........well I guess well just send you a shipping label when we mail you the new one"

So yeah. Not the kind of customer service I was expecting, dude was treating me like I was somehow the one inconveniencing HIM. I hung up and had a minute to think about it, and I should have just said send my money back.

But whatever, I'll wait for the new model, I've been waiting for a Krebs MLok hg for a long time.
I take it he never sent you a picture, huh?

You should tell him you have hundreds on people on a forum waiting for this proof of a FM without the reinforced trun.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #37
KrebsCustom

AKaholic #: 170636

Avtomat Kalashnikov,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase, product difficulties, and subsequent conversation. As discussed, we have issued you a return tag and are refunding your money for the hand guard. After review of our website we have identified an error in the product description.

The hand guard you purchased was designed for the 1B. The FM-11 was produced by the same company manufacturing the 1B; Molot. This is where the confusing has occurred. The hand guard for the 1B (pic attached) will not fit the FM-11 due to the bulged trunnions as you have mentioned. We are in the process of developing an M-Lok hand guard specifically for the FM-11.

As a result of this confusion, we will be sending you a complimentary replacement when it becomes available. We expect this to be within 5-6 weeks.
[IMG][/IMG]
KrebsCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #38
voron
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174098

look at that service!

BAN SIG 2017

voron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #39
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

Legit.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #40
DOS AK's
Most interesting rifle in the world
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 177786

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebsCustom View Post
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase, product difficulties, and subsequent conversation. As discussed, we have issued you a return tag and are refunding your money for the hand guard. After review of our website we have identified a fuckup in the product description.

The hand guard you purchased was designed for the 1B. The FM-11 was produced by the same company manufacturing the 1B; Molot. This is where we fucked up. The hand guard for the 1B (pic attached) will not fit the FM-11 due to the bulged trunnions as you have mentioned. We are in the process of developing an M-Lok hand guard specifically for the FM-11.

As a result of this fuck up, we will be sending you a complimentary replacement when it becomes available. We expect this to be within 5-6 weeks.
FIFY

Good for you OP!!!

We have enough trouble with women without giving them M16 rifles.

Last edited by DOS AK's; 04-05-2018 at 05:55 PM.
DOS AK's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #41
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase, product difficulties, and subsequent conversation. As discussed, we have issued you a return tag and are refunding your money for the hand guard. After review of our website we have identified an error in the product description.

The hand guard you purchased was designed for the 1B. The FM-11 was produced by the same company manufacturing the 1B; Molot. This is where the confusing has occurred. The hand guard for the 1B (pic attached) will not fit the FM-11 due to the bulged trunnions as you have mentioned. We are in the process of developing an M-Lok hand guard specifically for the FM-11.

As a result of this confusion, we will be sending you a complimentary replacement when it becomes available. We expect this to be within 5-6 weeks.
[IMG][/IMG]

I have several Veprs with Krebs rails and their safeties, they produce excellent product, but everybody messes up once awhile
flakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #42
Gun Dog

AKaholic #: 169282

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS AK's View Post
FIFY

Good for you OP!!!
Hey they could of said, "Fuck you and your whiny 'net friend'"after agreeing to refunding the OPs money then reading this thread. But they took the high road and refunded the dude his cash and are making him whole by giving him a freaking rail for FREE!!! Shit happens, people make mistakes.

OP, post up some pics of the new hand guard when you get it. Sounds like you are getting one of the first production ones if I read their reply correctly. Pretty sweet.
Gun Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #43
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

Quote:
Well that certainly sounds like a fucked up/contradiction from Krebs to me. OP , lets us know what Krebs has to say. I didn't need a mlok top cover so I settled on the mlock LHG that AKOU sells for one on my Fm's. Not the sexiest, but it fits/works,
Same here.

Sounds like they are taking care of you OP. Free stuff rocks
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #44
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
FIFY

Good for you OP!!!
I want you to be my editor for all of my writing from now on. Good stuff.
[I'll pay in beer if you ever pass through North Central FL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
OP, post up some pics of the new hand guard when you get it. Sounds like you are getting one of the first production ones if I read their reply correctly. Pretty sweet.
Pretty sweet indeed.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #45
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

[IMG][/IMG]

Gotta tip my hat at this showing of humility. Not the Krebs I've heard of before. Good Tactics no doubt will pay handsome dividends among the tough crowd.
rbox1064 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #46
Avtomat Kalashnikov

AKaholic #: 189893

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

[IMG][/IMG]
Well I'll be damned.

Thank you for making me whole, I appreciate the gesture.
Avtomat Kalashnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #47
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Well, guys, after what they are doing to make things right, I cant talk shit anymore.

And I'm pretty excited about being the first to receive their first MLOK rail for my Vepr.

Will post an update 5-6 weeks from now!
Old 04-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #48
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

As a result of this confusion, we will be sending you a complimentary replacement when it becomes available.
Krebs,

I see ya'll have released the AC-18's with the full length M-Lok rail. Why cant we buy just the rail by itself? Is this something yall are going to offer on the website soon?
Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #49
KrebsCustom

AKaholic #: 170636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikov View Post
Krebs,

I see ya'll have released the AC-18's with the full length M-Lok rail. Why cant we buy just the rail by itself? Is this something yall are going to offer on the website soon?
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

We are running a couple weeks behind for the Vepr M-Lok for you. Our supplier is running behind so it pushes us behind a bit but you are first on the list to get the replacement. Sorry for the delay.

As for the full length M-Lok well, it fits the AC15/18. We don't have the mounting hardware for other models at this time. All of our current production of those rails are being used for shop built rifles. Maybe in the future we might have something but it is not a focus right now.
KrebsCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #50
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

We are running a couple weeks behind for the Vepr M-Lok for you. Our supplier is running behind so it pushes us behind a bit but you are first on the list to get the replacement. Sorry for the delay.

As for the full length M-Lok well, it fits the AC15/18. We don't have the mounting hardware for other models at this time. All of our current production of those rails are being used for shop built rifles. Maybe in the future we might have something but it is not a focus right now.
Yall have to do it man, a full length M-Lok rail from Krebs would sell like hotcakes, especially if yall made different versions available, to fit Veprs, Arsenals, Romanians etc. I would buy three of them right off the bat!
Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #51
Tatsbysak
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 165548

They are marked with a B but sold and were marketed as the Vepr 1V-E The caliber you showed has about 240 in the country total, definetly my favorite AK.
Tatsbysak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #52
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Avtomat Kalashnikov,

Hi Krebs,

I still haven't received my rail. I understand you said yall were running a couple weeks behind, but that was 6 weeks ago. Have you guys shipped it out yet?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #53
Edubbel

AKaholic #: 192550

Interesting thread, exciting stuff from Krebs. I remember they announced that they would be producing full length M-Lok hanguards for the FM series a few months ago on IG. Its a bummer seeing that its not a focus of theirs right now.
Edubbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #54
martkin64

AKaholic #: 174863

Back to the FM47 11.. How hard is it to put one of those Krebs for guards on? How much are they when they are in stock?
martkin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #55
Jarkatta

AKaholic #: 186657

Ooh... so is Krebs coming out with an MLOK extended handguard for those slant-back VEPRs?
Jarkatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:52 AM   #56
mojoracing

AKaholic #: 196374

any update on this? I was going to order one of the handguards for my fm off of ak operators union but they are sold out. Cant even get them from the company that makes them. Wish I could find one. The krebs would be a good choice but looks like its been months and the op still doesnt have his. On another note, wish somebody would bake an extended handguard that didnt require permanently modifying an ak by having to remove the front handguard lock or cutting off the sling loop. Not just for vepr but any ak. Cant be that hard to engineer as I believe most guys dont want to take a hack saw to their rifles should they decide to change handguards back to original or different setup.
mojoracing is online now   Reply With Quote