Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 02-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #211
mavisky

AKaholic #: 195076

Finally got the gun to the range today.

Latest tweaks:

Follow-up to Post #169 in this thread - I opened up the feed lips on the CSS mags to allow the bolt carrier group to have a better chance at catching the round, I also cleaned up two divots along the inside of the back wall of the mag where my 3" shells and some 2-3/4" shells were snagging while trying to feed from time to time. I also backed down to gas setting #1 for high brass loads.

With these tweaks in place the magazines ran much much better. Setting 1 functioned well for high brass loads on all but one magazine where the final round didn't feed correctly. There was a gouge in the shell where you could tell it just didn't come up in time before the bolt drove home. After running about 40 rounds through each mag things seemed to clear up and this was the last issue of the day I experienced.

Post #207 - cadiz gunworks choke tube adapter and Bone Steel Arms muzzle brake. Massive improvement here. Recoil was reduced so much it was almost comical. With a little blue loctite and a good torquing with the wrench the muzzle brake didn't move an inch, even after doing a few quick mag dumps and putting some heat into the barrel. I would recommend this as a modification to anyone looking to tame the recoil at the expense of sacrificing their choke pattern on this gun.

New mod - today I followed up on post #98 where Sarge77 mentioned cutting an inch out of his stock to run a LimbSaver small size recoil pad. Did the same today (although more like an inch and a 1/4, but the gun shoots incredibly soft now and I could shoot this thing until I got tired of loading it. Still would like a larger wider butt pad, but holding out hope that CSS still has some intentions of making some form of stock adapter for this shotgun.

Ran some #7 Winchester XP through the gun and it ran flawlessly on setting 2. I attempted it at setting 1, but it just doesn't have the power to cycle. I also ran some 00 buck hex shot, Hornady Critical Defense Flight Control 00 Buck, and finally some Winchester PDX through the gun. All of the buckshot and home defense style loads ran perfectly fine at #1 gas setting.

With the gas dialed down, the new recoil pad, and the muzzle brake hard at work, the gun shot incredibly fast and flat. Unless someone comes out with a stock adapter for this thing, I think my build is about finished here.

A little video I captured by propping the camera up. CSS mags running smoothly. Range isn't the best, but it's one of the few around that don't force my to shoot slug only so I put up with the low hanging targets and lack of a backer for them. Ran the gun at a decent pace, but didn't want to be "that guy" at the end of the range. First mag was 2-3/4 #7 birdshot, second mag was the 2-3/4 Hornaday Critical Defense 00 Buck. Watch your speakers.

20180225_162121_1 by Kyle Mavis, on Flickr

Last edited by mavisky; 02-25-2018 at 10:51 PM.
mavisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #212
JTSguy

AKaholic #: 196160

https://youtu.be/BYPTkFBCH1Y
JTSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:17 AM   #213
JTSguy

AKaholic #: 196160

https://youtu.be/lsgTMDBt6TU

This guy modified a drum mag to fit.
JTSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #214
mavisky

AKaholic #: 195076

Nice work on the Drum mag conversion. I too was considering modifying a mag or the mag well to make one work, but as mentioned in the video it's a $100 one way trip.
mavisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #215
chewie

AKaholic #: 193828

Why do you think the JTS, Vepr and Saiga 12 gauge magazines are made of plastic?? Think about it...
chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #216
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie View Post
Why do you think the JTS, Vepr and Saiga 12 gauge magazines are made of plastic?? Think about it...
Because plastic is fast and fairly easy and require less skilled labor.. Shotgun magazines have a lot of geometry that needs to be very defined which requires high ton presses and a lot careful adjusting to produce a good product.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #217
TAC47INDUSTRIES

AKaholic #: 196945
Cool SOLUTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavisky View Post
From Keith at Tac 47

Appreciate the following Mavisky

All, I have found a solution to your JTS12 stock needs.

Attached below are picture of our JTS 12 STOCK ADAPTER. Fits all Ace stock interfaces

If you are interested in this product please feel free to visit our website at the link attached below and enter CODE:jtsplate for our tracking purposes.

https://tac47.com/product/jts-12-stock-adapter

Happy shooting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3727_1529531783513.jpg (96.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3720_1529531783462.jpg (84.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3722_1529531783496.jpg (91.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3724_1529531783503.jpg (97.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3725_1529531783507.jpg (88.2 KB, 9 views)
TAC47INDUSTRIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #218
KC913

AKaholic #: 155912

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC47INDUSTRIES View Post
Appreciate the following Mavisky

All, I have found a solution to your JTS12 stock needs.

Attached below are picture of our JTS 12 STOCK ADAPTER. Fits all Ace stock interfaces

Happy shooting!
I've been trying to get a couple of replacement parts from you guys for months now without any luck. Are you still the official warranty provider?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #219
KC913

Still waiting since the end of 2017 for Tac47 to help me out with a couple of parts for my JTS-12. Got lucky and received a couple of replies to emails and a phone call, but still no luck actually getting what I need after saying it'll be on the way a couple of times, saying they were moving, etc. Whats up, Tac47Industries? Why the run around? Makes me leary to buy anything from you guys now. You seemed to be a great company back in the Saiga 12 forum days. Glad I can make stuff work on my own when needed. I hate bashing companies or anyone openly, but sometimes it's the only way to get their attention.

Don't count on anyone standing behind these shotguns if anything goes wrong, guys.

Last edited by KC913; 06-27-2018 at 10:43 PM.
KC913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #220
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC913 View Post

Don't count on anyone standing behind these shotguns if anything goes wrong, guys.
not tryilng to say i told ya so, but thats why me and others suggested only buying the russians....(and not that the russian guns cant break, its just theres more of them around, and as such maybe more support/knowledge/vendors to get you the part you need)

buuuut, may i recommend calling kalashnikov usa and trying them for parts? sure its not warrantied, but, you get what you pay for. ie, higher upfront cost equals you paid for x number of spares for awhile, like snapon, they figure you replace it 10x over its life, they charge you 10x what brand x charges...

so, you basically bought a product without a warranty, but you also didnt PAY for a warranty, so you not really out anything? thats just my logic... and trying to help you feel better...

its all metal brother, just gotta make it work!
saltydecimator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #221
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

Its not like Saigas are warrantied, even when they were imported the importers only warrantied the guns they brought in, and would not touch a gun if they did not import it.
Currently spare parts are banned from import.

Kalashnikov USA's KS12 is the only AK shotgun that actually had something resembling factory support... I guess SDS is doing parts importing with the Lynx, but its not the same as being in the same country where the stuff is made.

KC what parts do you need? I could try to check interchangeability.
Also Anytime you are doing warranty parts, I find you need to contact about every couple weeks.. If a month has past you have been forgotten
Old 06-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #222
KC913

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydecimator View Post
not tryilng to say i told ya so, but thats why me and others suggested only buying the russians...

It's not a huge issue as far as warranty, just aggravating having someone drag simple things out for months. Everything can be fixed by anyone familiar with AK's, for the most part and the gun is actually built pretty damn solid. Factory parts just make things easier. I own 3 Saiga 12's and just picked this up for a project gun to mess around with because it was only $399 and has tons of potential right out of the box, not because it's the best or has the most aftermarket support. If I were new to the platform and couldn't fix things myself if something went wrong, I don't think I would be too happy about it, though.

I finally got another response and I was told by Keith at Tac 47 that they have every part of the gun available, if needed. Asking for prices on critical parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
KC what parts do you need? I could try to check interchangeability.
Also Anytime you are doing warranty parts, I find you need to contact about every couple weeks.. If a month has past you have been forgotten

Thanks for the offer, CSSpecs. If I didn't own alternatives, I would probably take you up on your offer to check compatibility.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #223
KC913

Welp, another 11 days has passed since Keith at Tac 47 said in an email that he would "talk to me tonight" via phone.

Am I wasting my time even trying? Can't imagine how their orders are handled if replacement parts take 7 months.