Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > RKBA and Legal

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
recon-1
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 655
Default All Gun Owners! Join one or all of these groups!

All gun owners no matter what you shoot need to join one or all of these groups! It can only help our cause!!!

These are the biggest and Every GUN OWNER needs to join them!

http://home.nra.org/#
http://gunowners.org/
http://www.saf.org
http://www.jpfo.org
http://www.ccrkba.org/
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/

Last edited by recon-1; 06-16-2016 at 10:07 AM.
recon-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

recon-1 - You and the rest of us (my self included) also need to spread the word by any means available - in person - acquaintances, friends, etc. Thanks for posting.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
WolfsburgBob
2 down, ... and 1 to go!

AKaholic #: 16

Good post, my old friend.

WolfsburgBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
videodon

AKaholic #: 164570

Thanks for the reminder.
I just renewed my NRA membership.
videodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
codsack
KGB

AKaholic #: 158433

Joined the NRA yesterday.
codsack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Thanks all! Need to get some letters made up so everyone can send them to there law makers.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Dan FS71
ΑΩIs

AKaholic #: 54259

Excellant post, I thank you Sir

================================================== =========================
The same administration who put "Assault Rifles" into the hands of Murderous Drug Cartels now seek to take them from you.
================================================== =========================
How is that for common-sense Change?

Old Testament Retribution. --- Gunplumber Style --- Served Here
Dan FS71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
Clamdigger

AKaholic #: 165489

Joined NRA Today,also joined up my girl!
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You

AKaholic #: 158581

I don't join any of these money hungry groups. I have my guns, I don't need a club.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
David Teague
Droll Moderator

AKaholic #: 162037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollthelosingdice View Post
I don't join any of these money hungry groups. I have my guns, I don't need a club.
I'm with stupid... ^

Been with the NRA since 1973, however.

http://www.novarata.net/images/n/teague-sigpic-357.jpg
David Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Tx
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 165414

Joined the NRA for a year since it's all I could phony up this week. Will plan on renewing my membership as long as they don't give in to any ban BS. Otherwise...
Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Tx
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 165414

Quote:
Here is a free membership then.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...AG&hid=4487688

Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Bolt2bounce
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 14269

Also must call your reps.. and light up the phone lines.. FAX is even better.. B2B
Bolt2bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
recon-1
Curio & Relic

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Some letters you may want to send to all concerned. You could also write these as a letter. Might get read and get a reply. Maybe.

Dear Elected Official,

A few days ago I wrote to you to express my concerns with the Obama Administration’s desire to enact new Gun Control legislation in reaction to the recent tragedy in Newton Connecticut. All Americans mourn the loss of innocent young lives, but at the same time we still embrace the freedoms that our Founding Fathers gave us in the US Constitution.

With the recent tragedies committed by deranged individuals, all law-abiding citizens and permanent residents of the United States now face renewed challenges to their Constitutional rights. I truly understand how painful the loss must be for those at the heart of these recent tragedies, I have children of my own and would truly be at a loss if this happened to my family too, however blaming inanimate objects or their owners, and punishing the owners via additional statutes is not the answer to these challenges we face as a nation.

If your true goal is to protect our children, we must reevaluate our nation's system for treating mental illness. Unfortunately, too often mental illness goes undiagnosed and untreated. We must focus on increasing public awareness of the symptoms of mental illness and on improving access to mental health services, with a goal of identifying and treating mental illness earlier on in those it affects. We must have a national database for our health professionals (Doctors, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists). This database should be part of the FBI NICS background check. We also need to put armed security guards in our schools. We put Air Marshals on civilian aircraft after 9/11. Why can’t we do this for our public schools?

The issue of Gun Violence can be addressed without stripping law-abiding citizens of our Constitutional rights and personal property by passing additional statutes that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

I ask you again to reflect on our gun laws and future bills thoughtfully, as the consequences of your decisions will affect the civil rights of every inhabitant within our United States of America. As a constituent, I can make this promise to you…I will donate time and money for campaigns in every upcoming election. I will donate time and money to participate in every grass roots effort to defend the Second Amendment. I will donate time and money to pursue every legal course of action against those who attempt to infringe on my right to keep and bear arms. If you cannot support me on this important matter, then I cannot support you representing me in the future.

Thank you for your time.

YOUR NAME

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

ANOTHER ONE.

We are all saddened by the tragedy in Newtown, CT. However, it would be a mistake to base gun policy on this sad event. I believe there are other, better solutions to incidents like these besides gun control.

Gun control has been shown to be ineffective in reducing violent crime and infringes on the Second Amendment rights of Americans. I urge you to oppose any new gun restrictions.

Thank you,
Your Name

Last edited by recon-1; 12-28-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
recon-1
Curio & Relic

More. It's a little long.

Dear Elected Official,

It is my understanding that the President of the United States has decided to take on the issue of Gun Rights for Americans as a result of the recent tragedy in Newtown Connecticut. The President has appointed the Vice President of the United States to lead an administration-wide effort to curb gun violence in America, and has vowed to use “whatever power this office holds” in efforts to prevent “more tragedies like this” referring to the massacre that occurred in Newtown Connecticut.

The Mainstream Media continues to portray that all Americans are asking for gun control as a result of the massacre in Newtown Connecticut. That is not true. A recent Gallup Poll showed Americans feel that an increased police presence at schools, increased government spending on mental health screening and treatment, and decreased depiction of gun violence in entertainment venues would be effective in preventing mass shootings at schools. I encourage you to research this as you draft the way-ahead on curbing gun violence in America.

As my elected official, you will undoubtedly be asked to participate on committee in order to draft a way-ahead to solve the problem of gun violence in America. As my elected officials, you will undoubtedly be asked to vote on potential bill(s) that may affect my gun rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America. Specifically, the Second Amendment which reads:

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

As a law-abiding citizen of the United States of America, it is imperative that you not infringe on my right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the United States Constitution written by the Founding Fathers. It is your responsibility as my elected official to dutifully represent the will of The People, correctly interpret The United States Constitution, and diligently reflect on court cases throughout our proud history as you draft the way-ahead to curb gun violence.
There are approximately 65 million gun owners in the United States who enjoy the protection of our Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment protects their right and the right of every citizen to legally own and operate guns. This right has been protected in courts over the course of a hundred plus years.

The Supreme Court recognized that the right to arms is an individual right in U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), Presser v. Illinois (1886), Miller v. Texas (1894), U.S. v. Miller (1939) and U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990). In U.S. v. Cruikshank, the Court also recognized that the right pre-existed the Constitution. Most recently in 2010, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment, which forbids Congress from infringing the right to keep and bear arms, also applies to state and local governments.

Since our inalienable rights include life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, we cannot exercise those rights if we are not safe. Self-protection and the ability to fight against tyranny are core values our Founding Fathers believed and embedded within The Constitution. They envisioned a citizenry that must protect itself. The Second Amendment guarantees my right to protect myself and my family.

Attempts to institute a Ban on certain types of weapons is nothing short of telling the American People what type of guns they can own as it pertains to the Second Amendment. What will you do next? Tell the American People what kind of religion they can practice as it pertains to the First Amendment?

Those who oppose our Second Amendment would like for us to believe in a government that protects its people. They would like to strip peaceful citizens of their basic right to safety in an attempt to achieve safe neighborhoods. However, a vibrant democracy demands that we protect ourselves, because we are the embodiment of democracy and government is but our tool. Further regulating gun ownership only affects law-abiding citizens, resulting in criminals operating guns.

As a law-abiding citizen of this great land, it must be said that the focus should rest upon education and the enforcement of current laws. Gun safety education has lowered accidental deaths to less than 1% of all accidental deaths. Therefore, those who willingly use guns irresponsibly must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
As it can be seen, there are choices we must face individually and as a nation. If we decide to give our government too much control, we will be making it an arbiter for determining our fate instead of helping us to determine our own fate. Restricting every citizen’s freedom is a dangerous proposition with grave consequences.

Do we want a larger government that envelopes our lives in the name of safety or do we want a smart government that helps teach us to be responsible and free? Some people believe that we can only be safe when government inhibits our basic freedom, making it harder to protect ourselves. This is a government that evades issues of personal responsibility, holds the actions of criminals against those who are law-abiding, and regulates our lives for us.

Our other choice is that we fashion a smart government that helps teach us to be responsible and free. The millions of Americans who support this view believe that we can only be safe when we are informed of the issues and make decisions for ourselves. These Americans know the danger of fashioning a powerful government and a weak citizenry. Reflect on the war that was fought against England to attain our freedom; remember what risks our Founding Fathers took to obtain a free society and a government that was not intrusive.

I ask you, which government would you rather fashion? Which government helps you to be free?

Reflect on our gun laws and future bills thoughtfully, as the consequences of your decisions will affect the civil rights of every inhabitant within our United States of America. As a constituent, I can make this promise to you…I will donate time and money for campaigns in every upcoming election. I will donate time and money to participate in every grass roots effort to defend the Second Amendment. I will donate time and money to pursue every legal course of action against those who attempt to infringe on my right to keep and bear arms.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Respectfully,

YOUR NAME

Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Dear Elected Official

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed changes to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you,
Your Name.

ANOTHER ONE.

Due to the recent tragedies committed by deranged individuals, all law abiding citizens and permanent residents of the United States now face renewed challenges to their Constitutional rights. I truly understand how painful the loss must be for those at the heart of these recent tragedies, I have children of my own and would truly be at a loss if this happened to my family too, however blaming inanimate objects or their owners, and punishing the owners via additional statutes is not the answer to these challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by certain individuals who were likely psychotic and or heavily medicated. The latest individual, Adam Lanza, was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. Adam, not an inanimate object but a person, then decided to murder his own mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy. Though we may not agree on all issues, I believe we can all agree that criminals and the criminally ill or insane quite commonly disregard any laws that currently exist. They will more than likely disregard any new statutes put forth in the coming year.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Creating new statutes dealing with firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when Columbine took place under the previous 1994 ban. Instead do something more meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional statutes that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you for your time.
Your Name

Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Dear Elected Official

The President announced he’d use “whatever power this office holds” trying to prevent “more tragedies like this”, referencing the Newtown massacre.

The media claims America demands gun control as a result of the killings. That’s not true. A recent Gallup Poll shows Americans feel increased police presence at schools, increased government spending on mental health screening and treatment and decreased depiction of gun violence in entertainment would reduce mass shootings at schools. I encourage you to research this as you draft the way-ahead on curbing gun violence in America.

You will undoubtedly participate in drafting a way-ahead to solve the problem of gun violence. As my elected officials, you will be asked to vote on potential bills that affect my gun rights guaranteed by the Constitution, specifically, the 2nd Amendment which reads:

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

As a law-abiding citizen it’s imperative you not infringe on our right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. It’s your responsibility to dutifully represent the will of The People, correctly interpret The United States Constitution, and diligently reflect on court cases throughout our proud history as you draft the way-ahead to curb gun violence.

There are approximately 65 million US gun owners protected under our Bill of Rights. The 2nd Amendment protects the right of every citizen to legally own and operate guns. This right has been protected in courts over the course of a hundred plus years.

The Supreme Court recognized the right to arms is an individual right in U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), Presser v. Illinois (1886), Miller v. Texas (1894), U.S. v. Miller (1939) and U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990). In U.S. v. Cruikshank, the Court also recognized that the right pre-existed the Constitution. In 2010, the Supreme Court ruled that the 2nd Amendment, which forbids Congress from infringing the right to keep and bear arms, also applies to state and local governments.

Since our inalienable rights include life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, we cannot enjoy those rights unless we’re safe. Self-protection and the ability to fight tyranny are core values our Founding Fathers believed and embedded within The Constitution. They envisioned a citizenry that protects itself. The Second Amendment guarantees my right to protect myself and my family.

Bans on specific weapons is nothing short of telling the American People what type of guns they can own as it pertains to the 2nd Amendment. What next? Tell the American People what religion they can practice as it pertains to the First Amendment? Giving our government too much control makes it an arbiter for determining our fate instead of helping us determine our own. Restricting freedom is a dangerous proposition with grave consequences.

Our focus should rest upon education and enforcement of current laws. Gun safety education has lowered accidental deaths to less than 1% of all accidental deaths. Those who willingly use guns irresponsibly must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Reflect on our gun laws and future bills thoughtfully as the consequences of your decisions will affect the rights of every American. As a constituent I make this promise… I donate time and money for campaigns in every election. I will donate time and money to participate in grass roots efforts defending the 2nd Amendment. I will donate time and money pursuing every legal course of action against those who attempt to infringe on my right to keep and bear arms.

Thank You,
Your Name.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Good one here also.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=119194

Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
mr-ak-47
Unconfirmed User

AKaholic #: 157476

you know what, I going to find out if we can list one of my pre-bans 56 NIB, not ever opened just a tear to see Serial #...and on the same day the gun shop tosssed in one hundred drum, seventy five drum and case chian sealed tins ammo,..all at 1979 prices$$ .all been sitting pretty.....maybe i will see raffle it and with the winner only paying what the amount on the bill the rest to a cause....or divide along all, or best chance...some one else can do that, so you can get all the gooied "iF" you win, the amount on bill you pay, rest donated....I am going to check a few other sites i am on, there a couple that are very high end and want only orginal parts...
mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
-Jake-

AKaholic #: 159865

Here is a handy dandy tool too
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx

I am writing this response in wake of the recent shootings in Newtown, CT. Public outcry from the uninformed is pushing to reinstate an "assault" weapons ban and to heavily restrict firearms and ammunition sales. The proof is in the statistics; the last ban did NOTHING to curb gun violence in the United States. Several laws were already broken by the shooter in Newtown, including several firearms laws, and murder. Clearly, stricter laws are only going to affect people who abide by the law.

I urge you to strongly resist any further erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights. Give them an inch, and they will take a mile. I hear the term "compromise" from many anti-gun lawmakers. "Compromise" is a term that means "we will take" and "you will lose". Any kind of ban on firearms or ammunition is simply "feel good" legislation, propelled by emotion as opposed to logical decision making, and designed to make a few feel safer. In reality, it does nothing to actually increase safety.

Furthermore, these legislators feel the need to restrict certain types of "military style" guns such as the wildly popular AR-15, or items like pistol grips, muzzle brakes, and bayonet lugs, when nowhere does the 2nd Amendment say anything about firearms being needed for and restricted to "hunting" or "sporting purposes." They are an inalienable right bestowed to us to defend ourselves against tyranny. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Another unmentioned result of a weapons ban, is the effect it will have on our already faltering economy. Guns and accessories, and especially the type that are in the anti-gunner's cross hairs, have been selling in record numbers. Thousands of jobs depend on the ability to build and sell these products to law abiding American citizens. Any knee jerk reaction to restrict them will result in a blow to many people's livelihoods. Most guns are generally big ticket items, and further restriction eliminates any potential tax revenue from their sale as well.

For a solution, we need to be putting more guns into the hands of the right people so that they be able to defend themselves. The innocent killed recently were defenseless against any kind of attack, gun or not. One has to think, how many of the recent shootings, or even over the last several years, have taken place in "gun free zones?" It makes perfect sense for the malicious and insane to prey on large groups of unarmed people. The answer isn't to restrict guns, it's to lessen restriction and promote their use for self defense.

Now is not the time to cave in to the pressure and scare tactics that our media and some lawmakers are using to further their agenda. I urge you to oppose all proposed restrictions. Do not give them ANY ground, it will only lead to immediate and future erosion of the liberties that I and many of your freedom loving constituents hold dearly. Make no mistake, opening the door to further infringe the 2nd can and will lead to further erosion of our other liberties as well.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764

Stay strong for freedom,

-Jake-
-Jake- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Vlad

AKaholic #: 159897

Thanks for the reminder recon-1!
I have had a NRA membership for the last few years & with your little push I went ahead & got my wife a membership as well.
It's going to take a lot of coin to fund this battle! Gonna give all I can.
Have to get to work on the congress critters also. Some of the excellent letters above just might help.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Stoned_Oli
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157099

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
I'm with stupid... ^

Been with the NRA since 1973, however.
How much of that have you spent on hold? I joined in September and have yet to receive any confirmation of my membership, no replies to email, and today I got a letter inviting me to join up (FREE KNIFE!!). So far, I have been on hold for twenty minutes, but if you take the option to join they are right there, no hold times.
I am contemplating just stuffing my receipt from the last time I joined into their envelope, wait, a real person! I AM a member, just took two months to get the paperwork in, and another 6 to 8 weeks from then to find out anything. Damn, GOA had my membership info here in three days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Learned Hand
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Ak-sharpshooter
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 11436

Sent my letter.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
DeepKimchi

AKaholic #: 159366

Tonight or tomorrow night I will be getting 1-yr memberships to the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America for myself, siblings, and parents. We're in the fight of our lives now. We'll need all the help we can muster from all of these groups.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
Firefly
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 10932

I've been an NRA member for almost 10 years and I consider them to be an asset for gunowners. These groups are our front line against guncontrol.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
recon-1
Curio & Relic

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #27
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Still need to join some these people!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
Hecter

AKaholic #: 167327

NRA has a legislation alert you can join ,makes it real easy to contact representatives in Washington.....You are right we all need to do something productive and stick together...there is strength in numbers.
Hecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
TRX
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 45385

Quote:
I bought a roll of stamps and a box of envelopes. Every week or two, I send a letter to some politician, usually in favor of what they've recently done. I figure an attaboy is worth ten dozen high-pressure lobbyists, who probably drop them like a used condom after they vote.
TRX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
recon-1
Curio & Relic

I get these e-mails from GOA. At least I know whats going on currently.
http://gunowners.org/

Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
KiRiMa64

AKaholic #: 170109

:I just joined the NRA a week and a half ago!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #32
recon-1
Curio & Relic

Just saying!

Old 01-08-2016, 11:16 PM   #33
Front Sight

AKaholic #: 183865

I just kicked in another Jackson this morning to NRA-ILA.
Every little bit adds up.
I'm digging in for the long haul!
Front Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:50 AM   #34
Conn. AK
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 4732

Quote:
Originally Posted by codsack View Post
Joined the NRA yesterday.
Good move, Sir.
Conn. AK is offline   Reply With Quote