Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #386
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacOperator44 View Post
I have also have two on layaway myself. I know they will come through.
The guys in this thread are just being silly about it. HMG is clearly just taking the time to get things right like any stand up company would.
Haha
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 AM   #387
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

I told Jay this weekend in a completely serious manner that HMG was starting to ship STG44s. He immediately replied 'bullshit.'
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:17 AM   #388
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

More empty Christmas stockings for those awaiting delivery.
Wish in one hand, shit in the other. Guess which one fills up first.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #389
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

The not-so-jolly fat bearded guy at HMG had better get his elves working on the magazines.

Lots of good little boys and girls are depending on him!
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #390
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 165174

I'm not saying anything.. Just posting the newsletter they sent out with more "We're so close, just wait."

Posted today about an hour ago.
Quote:
HMG® STG

Ahhhh yes, what everyone has come to associate with us and what the majority of you have come to read. The big question everyone is asking “When will my gun ship?”. The answer…so soon we can smell the ink on the shipping label. Unfortunately right now we are still waiting on magazines to be manufactured and delivered to us to begin shipping rifles. The molds are done and everything is fine and dandy, it’s just a matter of fine tuning everything to get a desirable product. They are very close and we have seen part samples that look fantastic. Literally any day we could get a call to come pick up the first mag, and gosh almighty you bet your bottom dollar you’ll be hearing us celebrate. We will get guns shipped and do it as quickly as we can. Once the first rifles begin shipping we will absolutely be publishing a release schedule that will help everyone stay on track as far as when your rifle will be shipping. We have not been able to up until this point and that is something we would like to change ASAP.

2017 was a big year for the HMG® StG as well. We had a few key design changes that have made the HMG® StG not only easier and faster to manufacture, but also substantially more reliable across the board. Some of the biggest changes came on the bolt and the barrel. When we first began building the HMG® StG for testing we discovered the need for a very large gas port on all calibers in order for proper function. What we discovered was not only a gas leak in the gas block, but also some tweaks that needed to happen on the bolt in order to reduce friction and give more freedom of movement in the trunnion during the locking and unlocking periods of action. After fixing these items we found we can operate with a much smaller gas port, thus reducing the amount of stress on the firearm as well as we now have a rifle that cycles so smooth that if you are doing by hand will question if you actually made anything happen. Interestingly enough with every change that we would make we could find the same change, sometimes so subtle that you can only see by precision instrument measurement on some original HMG® StG components. This very much felt like the same development process that the Germans went through back in WW2, just you know… with substantially less budget and manpower. Regardless it has been an interesting ride and one we know will be worth it in the end. Oh ya, and Staingate. Can’t forget about Staingate 2017… Thankfully that is behind us and we’ve got somewhat collective approval on what color for the wood furniture going forward.

All this is to say: We know we have been saying they are coming soon, and that has always been the truth. We have always been on the cusp of shipping firearms to find something that has gone awry or a vendor dropped the ball. In the end it does not do any good to shift the blame around and we have never once even thought of sacrificing the quality of rifle that we have made in order to get a gun out the door. Right now we have the first 20 guns sitting and waiting for a mag to be married to them and to get out the door. We anticipate this being in early January with the remainder of 2015 and the majority of 2016 orders being manufactured during Q1 of 2018. We have everything in place to make 2018 very successful for making guns and fully expect to blow everyone’s expectations away with delivery. For those of you with orders in we will reach out in advance of your rifle shipping to coordinate final details on your order and to confirm the destination. Expect to be hearing from us very soon.

The end of the wait is in sight, there is no question about that. For us though it is just the beginning of the next step for the platform and we cannot wait to hear everyone’s feedback on what we have worked so long and hard on. Your patience will not go unrewarded also…. We are working to figure out some sort of thank you gift for everyone’s patience and support along the way. This could come in the form of a coupon or special swag item, but we are not quite sure what it will be quite yet. We know it has been a long haul for everyone and we do not take that lightly at all.

So thank you, thank you again for the continued support. We hope you all had a great year and are looking to have an even better 2018. Stay safe and stay tuned for more great and exciting news from HMG®!
https://www.hmgunworks.com/hmg-2017-wrap-up/
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #391
hoovdizzle

AKaholic #: 181475

Gosh almighty! Hahaha!

"Let the retards buy retarded rifles so at least they die faster if we go to war against retards" -Sabre5G
hoovdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #392
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
I'm not saying anything.. Just posting the newsletter they sent out with more "We're so close, just wait."

Posted today about an hour ago.

Oh, uhh...Don't mind me.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #393
Richardmofo
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 165722

“Fine tuning” ,they have been doing that for over a year according to them.

Richardmofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #394
Stetchkov

AKaholic #: 186466

Once some reviews come out and they are indeed positive without a bunch of FTF or other misc issues I'd love to get one myself, maybe in 5.56 or 7.62x39 though.
Stetchkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #395
AK-104
Stroke My Member

AKaholic #: 162667

At this rate, I'd personally rather have purchased a $500.00 clone produced by the special people at Century. I'm sure I could have fine tuned it myself faster than this, and came in well under the price of this product (Is it a product at this point, or a concept?).
Old 12-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #396
bathtub

AKaholic #: 190907

If it was a mag issue...the 223 guns would ship now and the other mags would come later. Thats how i know its a lie
bathtub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #397
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub View Post
If it was a mag issue...the 223 guns would ship now and the other mags would come later. Thats how i know its a lie
According to their facebook, anytime someone mentions that it's "something we are taking into consideration and appreciate your support."

I'm sure they'll be taking it into consideration for quite a while.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:15 PM   #398
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163202

If this thing was anywhere near finished there would be Vid's of it shooting 100's of trouble free rounds. The whole thing is a Crock of Shit!

hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #399
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

Quote:
Right now we have the first 20 guns sitting and waiting for a mag to be married to them and to get out the door.
Only 20 are complete?

WTF have they been doing all this time they've supposedly been waiting on the magazines?

Sounds like there are only twenty because each gun requires a shitload of hand work and tweaking to run at all.
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 PM   #400
Kjr

AKaholic #: 187964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
Only 20 are complete?

WTF have they been doing all this time they've supposedly been waiting on the magazines?

Sounds like there are only twenty because each gun requires a shitload of hand work and tweaking to run at all.
I was wondering the same thing. I remember when the hype first started with these and I had a serious interest. However, I shyed away when I saw the amount of money they wanted up front without a finished product. Kinda reminded me of getting burned on a vintage Harley engine overhaul in the past.
Kjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #401
45hogleg

AKaholic #: 194961

I waited 14 months before I came to my senses and got a refund from these clowns, which they sent right away. As others have mentioned in this and earlier threads, this may be just a ploy to avoid spooking the herd. I sincerely hope they end up shipping functioning rifles and don’t go belly up, as this may be the closest many of us get to owning the real thing. Even if it looks like a tacticool POS. For now, I’ll take my refund and buy 3 decent AKs.
45hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #402
ninjamateo
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170268

They will not ship anything because they have made nothing!
Some people figured out you can trick the gun community by saying your gonna make a old gun new again by offering preorders.

If any member has money with them you need to get a refund before they disappear or before someone else "buys/merges" with them and they don't have to honor anything.
ninjamateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 AM   #403
jstokes1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169998

Ironclad Armory... anyone?
jstokes1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #404
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamateo View Post
Some people figured out you can trick the gun community by saying your gonna make a old gun new again by offering preorders.

If any member has money with them you need to get a refund before they disappear or before someone else "buys/merges" with them and they don't have to honor anything.
But they are so close. If I get my refund now that means I may have to wait for a few extra months if they ever do come out with someone and don't forget I'd miss out on my $20 free magazine I got in my preorder in exchange for a $1500 loan for 2 years with 0 interest!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #405
45hogleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamateo View Post

Here's another company trying to import the SSD rifles...you can sign up to be alerted when they start taking pre-orders. Here we go again...

www.waffenfabrikusa.com
Old 01-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #406
LegioRomanus
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167972

Stating the obvious here....but......this thread has turned into an epic soap opera.

My wife used to watch some soap opera titled "As The World Turns."

This one should be titled "As The StG-44 Never Shows Up."
LegioRomanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #407
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioRomanus View Post
Stating the obvious here....but......this thread has turned into an epic soap opera.

Oh gosh I better stop this thread.. this guy insulted it.. better give into what he wants.

Naw.. Think I'll keep attempting to save people money.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #408
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioRomanus View Post

This entire forum is a Soap Opera. As is every other forum on the web too.

Welcome to how humans interact. Should not be surprising that when people socialize digitally their behavior mimics their meat interactions.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #409
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45hogleg View Post
Here's another company trying to import the SSD rifles...you can sign up to be alerted when they start taking pre-orders. Here we go again...

www.waffenfabrikusa.com
Just checked that place out. They've gone silent since June of last year and their website apparently went offline last month with no word of anything since last Spring. I'm guessing here but it looks to be dead in the water at best and at worst another MARS ARSENAL(some here may remember that) where you've got some well intentioned person who loves the attention and makes many promises they cannot actually follow through on.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #410
ncgoober

AKaholic #: 171030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
If this thing was anywhere near finished there would be Vid's of it shooting 100's of trouble free rounds. The whole thing is a Crock of Shit!
Yep they would take one long continious video of the 20 guns lying on a table and then put a mag in each and show them unload 600 rounds (20 guns x 30rds) 1 gun at a time. That video would take about 10 mins to film. But I guess they are way too busy for that.
ncgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #411
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgoober View Post
Yep they would take one long continious video of the 20 guns lying on a table and then put a mag in each and show them unload 600 rounds (20 guns x 30rds) 1 gun at a time. That video would take about 10 mins to film. But I guess they are way too busy for that.

LOL

Old 01-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #412
ncgoober

AKaholic #: 171030

"But I guess they are way too busy for that."

Quote:
[/B]

LOL
Maybe you were the only one that missed the sarc. Unless I'm missing yours.
ncgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #413
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgoober View Post
"But I guess they are way too busy for that."

Maybe you were the only one that missed the sarc. Unless I'm missing yours.
"They are way to busy for that" because they don't have one Gun that will fire 30 rounds in a row without a FTF/FTE.

HaHaHa.........LOL.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #414
WpnsMan

AKaholic #: 1013

Haven't checked in on the status of this shit show in quite awhile,

Seems like the same old excuses. If they actually had 100% complete operational rifles that are only waiting on magazines they could just send out the rifles with a rain check for the magazines.

They designed this abortion around an AR dimension magwell and catch as evidenced by the videos they have posted in the past. So, why wouldn't they end the drama and ship the rifles sans their in house, MP44'ish looking polymer mag........
WpnsMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #415
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpnsMan View Post
Haven't checked in on the status of this shit show in quite awhile,

Seems like the same old excuses. If they actually had 100% complete operational rifles that are only waiting on magazines they could just send out the rifles with a rain check for the magazines.

They designed this abortion around an AR dimension magwell and catch as evidenced by the videos they have posted in the past. So, why wouldn't they end the drama and ship the rifles sans their in house, MP44'ish looking polymer mag........
Even if it was a mag issue why not show a demo of one of the Guns chambered in 5.56 with a plain old AR mag?

That answer is simple, it's because they still don't have a fully functioning Gun. They simply can't show you something they don't have.
Blaming this kind of problem on the Mag's is one of the oldest B.S. stories in the Gun industry.

Last edited by hansellhd; 01-06-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #416
WpnsMan

AKaholic #: 1013

We're on the same page,

Their earlier, short, sketchy video of the rifle firing a few shots, was fed by an AR mag.
WpnsMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:03 PM   #417
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

This scam is the same as the finance minister of Nigeria emailing you about some bank transfer waiting to be released to you in the sum of 1.000.000 dollars US and needing you to send $500 to complete the release to you.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #418
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
This scam is the same as the finance minister of Nigeria emailing you about some bank transfer waiting to be released to you in the sum of 1.000.000 dollars US and needing you to send $500 to complete the release to you.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #419
45hogleg

Quote:
Even if it was a mag issue why not show a demo of one of the Guns chambered in 5.56 with a plain old AR mag?

That answer is simple, it's because they still don't have a fully functioning Gun. They simply can't show you something they don't have.
Blaming this kind of problem on the Mag's is one of the oldest B.S. stories in the Gun industry.
IMG_0834.JPG
Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #420
jim1958

AKaholic #: 183531

what was their excuse to make a custom mag anyway? The mag to accomodate 556, it will never even remotely resemble STG44 mag, the rounds are at least half inch different in OAL. The release mechanism on STG44 is very similar button, why just cut the crap with "historical accuracy" and use AR mags that are plentyfull.

This drama is one for history books, because no wapor-ware has gone live this long. It's like you got magic site where you can order things that will never ship, but you actually buy them. The website says that magazines will ship "est early 2018" ... so June-July lol, and realistically ... ???
jim1958 is offline   Reply With Quote