Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default Turkish handguns

Ive grown to love them and think they are every bit as good as what they "copy". Here are mine



Let's see em boys! I proudly carry the C100 daily.
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
FilesCreekMafia
Member
 
AKaholic #: 166054
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 189
Default

How do you like that .45 Steve? I’ve heard good things, off course when I go to buy one they are sold out.
FilesCreekMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
Black Blade
Curio & Relic
 
Black Blade's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181106
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Yellowstone, Wyoming
Posts: 3,228
Default

A few ...



SAR B6P SC



SAR B6P



Stoeger 8000



Stoeger 8045



Stoeger mini-Cougar 8045

Also have an assortment of Stoeger 12-ga semi-autos (2500 and 3500 series).
__________________
"Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids."
Black Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:25 AM   #4
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilesCreekMafia View Post
How do you like that .45 Steve? I’ve heard good things, off course when I go to buy one they are sold out.
Reliable 100%, feels like a Beretta 92FS when shooting (recoil and handling), and extremely accurate. 14+1 .45, it is my go-to duty gun. I carry it often in the winter (easier to CCW)
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:27 AM   #5
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
A few ...



SAR B6P SC



SAR B6P



Stoeger 8000



Stoeger 8045



Stoeger mini-Cougar 8045

Also have an assortment of Stoeger 12-ga semi-autos (2500 and 3500 series).
I gave my B6P compact to my father in law (replaced it with the C100). A lot of fun for the money. Nothing else in it's price range ($260) compares. The only complaint I had was the trigger slap (but it was still easy to shoot and accurate)
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:11 AM   #6
DevJames
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193787
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 330
Default

I want one of the K2 .45's. I wish they'd come back in stock and at the same price or less than what they were. Don't ever see that happening though....
DevJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:42 AM   #7
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJames View Post
I want one of the K2 .45's. I wish they'd come back in stock and at the same price or less than what they were. Don't ever see that happening though....
They are awesome pistols. At $369 (what I paid) you can't go wrong
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
Aceshigh
Lt Topper
 
Aceshigh's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5008
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SCIF
Posts: 16,088
Default

Canik TP9SFX , zero regrets. Very well made.

__________________


Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Canik TP9SFX , zero regrets. Very well made.

Was looking at one of those a week ago. I'd put the trigger up against a VP9 or PPQ any day.
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #10
Aceshigh
Lt Topper
 
Aceshigh's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5008
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SCIF
Posts: 16,088
Default

Check your PM's.
__________________


Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #11
tower06
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 164215
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Liv NJ
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
Reliable 100%, feels like a Beretta 92FS when shooting (recoil and handling), and extremely accurate. 14+1 .45, it is my go-to duty gun. I carry it often in the winter (easier to CCW)
They are built on the original Beretta tooling, sent over when Beretta took over Stoeger. You're getting essentially a Beretta at a bargain price. Whats not to love about the gun.
tower06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #12
Libertarian Sheepdog
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 182589
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Chobee
Posts: 735
Default

The K2 is an outstanding value. I went ahead and put wood grips on mine, as well as got a leather shoulder rig to carry it around the property in.

I previously owned a set of B6P's when they first came out, but sold them to buy something or another that I've already sold by now. They were nice, although they are a walking billboard for Sar Arms.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Libertarian Sheepdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #13
dwcopple
Curio & Relic
 
dwcopple's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 171373
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,495
Default

don't look now, but they've copied HK again:

"The SAR9 measures 7.5″ in length and 5.5″ in height and is 1.4″ thick. It weighs of 27 oz. The SAR9 has an integrated trigger safety and ambidextrous thumb safeties. Models without thumb safeties are also available, as well as stainless matte models."
dwcopple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #14
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
don't look now, but they've copied HK again:

"The SAR9 measures 7.5″ in length and 5.5″ in height and is 1.4″ thick. It weighs of 27 oz. The SAR9 has an integrated trigger safety and ambidextrous thumb safeties. Models without thumb safeties are also available, as well as stainless matte models."
I dig!!
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #15
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 267
Default

Right now I think the Turk manufactured firearms are the best value out there.

There are many sources for low priced firearms, but rarely do they bring the quality of the more established brands for a much lower entry price as the Turk products seem to provide at the moment.

This year we bought (4) Turk manufactured pistols:
(1) SAR ARMS K2 45
(2) Tristar (Canik) C100
(1) Zenith (Tisas) M45 (1911 Commander).

All four are exceptional products for the price. I plan to add more to the collection in 2018!

Overall, the Turk products remind me of the value of the CZ pistols 15+ years ago.

I currently use the Zenith M45 for CCW and keep the SAR K2 45 in my night stand for home defense. The Zenith replaced my HP Detective model I carried for many years.

I will try to post some pictures later of the four mentioned above..
flejl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #16
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Right now I think the Turk manufactured firearms are the best value out there.

There are many sources for low priced firearms, but rarely do they bring the quality of the more established brands for a much lower entry price as the Turk products seem to provide at the moment.

This year we bought (4) Turk manufactured pistols:
(1) SAR ARMS K2 45
(2) Tristar (Canik) C100
(1) Zenith (Tisas) M45 (1911 Commander).

All four are exceptional products for the price. I plan to add more to the collection in 2018!

Overall, the Turk products remind me of the value of the CZ pistols 15+ years ago.

I currently use the Zenith M45 for CCW and keep the SAR K2 45 in my night stand for home defense. The Zenith replaced my HP Detective model I carried for many years.

I will try to post some pictures later of the four mentioned above..
Definitely post pics. I've been looking at those Zenith 1911's.....
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #17
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan
 
Dezfan's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170325
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Remember the Tomahawk 5!
Posts: 4,085
Default

I own a Tri Star Canik P-100 and a Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen 2.

I owned a Canik TP9 with the decocker, but I sold it.

Picking up a Tri Star Canik C-100 this week.

If I can swing it, I want to add a Sarsilmaz Kilinc Mega 2000 as well.

The Turkish handguns are top quality for bargain prices right now.
__________________
"MYSTICAL CENTURY HATING AK PURIST / ELITIST WASR OWNER


1776TV.com
Dezfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #18
Lendo
Russian Bot
 
Lendo's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178744
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: McHenry County, IL
Posts: 2,142
Default

TP9 SA. Incredible value.

__________________
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic178744_1.gif
Lendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #19
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
TP9 SA. Incredible value.

I think I really need a TP9 to add to my striker fired family
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #20
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 267
Default

Here is the Zenith (Tisa)M45
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/fle...m.jpg.html?o=1

Another of the Zenith with a CMC 10 round mag inserted
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/fle...i.jpg.html?o=2

Here is another, the Zenith is bottom left and the SAR K2 45 top right
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/fle...w.jpg.html?o=3

SAR K2 45 is at the top
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/fle...n.jpg.html?o=7

Tristar (Canik) C100 on right
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/fle...q.jpg.html?o=5

As far as what I would like next, I am really thinking about a Tristar P120 in 40S&W. I have an FN HP in 40, but the prices for those has become crazy so I really do not shoot it much anymore.
flejl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #21
Lendo
Russian Bot
 
Lendo's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178744
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: McHenry County, IL
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
I think I really need a TP9 to add to my striker fired family
If you want to shoot mine you're more than welcome to. Stupid gun for the money.

MUH TERRIOSTS THO
__________________
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic178744_1.gif
Lendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
If you want to shoot mine you're more than welcome to. Stupid gun for the money.

MUH TERRIOSTS THO
Turks arn't terrorists, they're cockroaches. Slight difference
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #23
Lendo
Russian Bot
 
Lendo's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178744
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: McHenry County, IL
Posts: 2,142
Default

__________________
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic178744_1.gif
Lendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #24
dwcopple
Curio & Relic
 
dwcopple's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 171373
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
Definitely post pics. I've been looking at those Zenith 1911's.....
They are Tisas
dwcopple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #25
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
They are Tisas
My bad. Just looked those up. I might go with a GI model
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #26
gregor10
Member
 
gregor10's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 177902
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 254
Default

I have a Stoeger Cougar and SAR K2 45. They are military grade firearms you can depend on.
__________________
Texas LTC
NRA Member
gregor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #27
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron
 
Sabre5G's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181719
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Country Club El Paso, TX Area
Posts: 5,032
Default

I love my Zenith mp5. I wasn’t convinced that Turkish made weapons were nice until I got one.
__________________
FUCK CANCER. Nalioth is SKYNET

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
—-///——///———-///——

“Russia will succeed only to the degree that Russia is able to achieve Russia. Russia is the goal.” Quincy Jackson
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #28
Black Blade
Curio & Relic
 
Black Blade's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181106
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Yellowstone, Wyoming
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
I love my Zenith mp5. I wasn’t convinced that Turkish made weapons were nice until I got one.
Have looked over the Zenith guns. Look good too. On my list.
__________________
"Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids."
Black Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #29
CrAKker
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 190376
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lancaster South Carolina
Posts: 555
Default

Whatever my TP9SF copies, it is an excellent pistol. I love my TP9SF! The trigger is fantastic, and the reliability has been 100% Mec Gar magazine bonus for the win! My next pistol purchase will be an authentic CZ P-07 though.
CrAKker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:58 AM   #30
DevJames
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193787
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAKker View Post
Whatever my TP9SF copies, it is an excellent pistol. I love my TP9SF! The trigger is fantastic, and the reliability has been 100% Mec Gar magazine bonus for the win! My next pistol purchase will be an authentic CZ P-07 though.
I think the SF is still sorta P99.
DevJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #31
dwcopple
Curio & Relic
 
dwcopple's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 171373
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,495
Default

actually, PPQ. It has no decocker
dwcopple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #32
SAIGA 5.45
King of the Apemen
 
SAIGA 5.45's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174648
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 15,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
actually, PPQ. It has no decocker
It's based of the walther/S&w p99. Not the PpQ
__________________
I should be back in Jacksonville, putting my spicy man meat into a mother/daughter sandwich, that's what I want- Ashley J. Williams


The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:35 PM   #33
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 180809
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Near "Chiraq"
Posts: 12,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor10 View Post
I have a Stoeger Cougar and SAR K2 45. They are military grade firearms you can depend on.
I really want my K2 to be my beater gun because it is a tank and do ant quit, but I like it too much to scratch it up and abuse it. It's my $370 safe queen lol.
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #34
dwcopple
Curio & Relic
 
dwcopple's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 171373
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIGA 5.45 View Post
It's based of the walther/S&w p99. Not the PpQ
The PPQ uses the same internals. People have swapped frames on Walther forums. Just doesn't have DA, either does the SF
"The only difference between the P99 AS and PPQ trigger mechanism is the double action lug. While the PPQ is missing the decocker button in the slide, it uses the exact same sear and release from the P99 AS."

Last edited by dwcopple; 12-31-2017 at 01:38 PM.
dwcopple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:31 PM   #35
chewbacca_chump29
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 180913
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: sussex, wisconsin
Posts: 781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Canik TP9SFX , zero regrets. Very well made.

I just shot my buddies. AMAZING gun. Also you get a lot of accessories included right off the bat. Very well built too. I just ordered a TP9SF elite in OD green.
chewbacca_chump29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles