Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Maxbob
Banned

AKaholic #: 192926
Default FN 45 Tactical- pistol prices as a whole

I just noticed the FN 45 Tactical pistols are selling as low as $840 with a free vortex venom rebate. If I didn’t just get arsenal I’d be all over this. Even though I don’t care for the red dot pistol craze.

I purchased a Springfield threaded 45 back in the spring for $530. Now they are selling as low as $409. Crazy. I can’t believe the prices on stuff. Even surefire suppressors are selling half off.

Did people just quit buying when Trump was elected or did the gun guys just over produce ?
Maxbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbob View Post
Did people just quit buying when Trump was elected or did the gun guys just over produce ?
Not sure where you've been, but this has been brought up time and again since Trump became President.
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
Maxbob
Banned

Yes. But it seems like they keep falling.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Yes. But it seems like they keep falling.
Indeed.

. . . where she'll stop, nobody knows . . .
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Yes to both. I think more that the gun guys over produced as they thought Hillary would win and they would take advantage of. Same for the distributors. They expected to make $$$ with Hillary in office. Luckily for us that didn't happen.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Flashy
Banned

AKaholic #: 168764
Location: Pennsyltucky PA somewhere between communist CA and NY

Been wanting one for quite some time, the $1200 price was the big turnoff and I don't want a fde one is the other reason I haven't got one.
Flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #7
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

OP -- yup, people just quit the frenzied buying like they have been for the last five years. I am one of them. Prices may drift a tad lower in certain product categories, but I think price risk is to the upside.

Think about how fast .22LR disappeared after Sandy Hook for example. To borrow an example from the stock market, many guns and accessories seem like a thinly trade stock. Any concerted buying effort (or here, lack thereof) can push the price around pretty severely.

Just look at the NICS checks for the last 10 years. Obama alone sold us 100 MILLION guns. They are not SMASHING" records this year like in past years, but they still are REALLY high by historical standards. The Gun industry was all prepped for more "smashing" and that drop off in actual demand vs. expected, has been enough to drive up inventories.

When inventories get too high, we see what we see now. However, eventually industry recalibrates, setting us up for higher pricing AND, yes, sadly, future PANIC pricing.

Just watch prices as we get closer to the mid-term elections. especially if people start to even THINK that Trump will get wobbly on signing a gun ban factor the next roomful of school kids are killed. (Similar to what he said swayed him in launching 20 cruise miles into Syria.)

So, to cut through all the BS -- buy now! Latest would be Q1 2018 maybe.

Last edited by Rev06; 12-25-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added a comma
Rev06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #8
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

OP don't want to derail your thread, but I was wondering if anyone could comment on how the trigger and safety/decocker works on this one? Say compared to A Sig, or CZ, or typical striker fired such as Glock?

I actually shot a mag through a buddy's 3-4 years ago, but was focusing mainly on how the recoil compared to my Glock 21. To me, despite being lighter, the G-21 had softer recoil so that was the end of my inquiry at that time.

However, my new CZ-75B has sparked my interest in certain DA/SA guns and this one is on my list. Don't know that I would want to CCW it, but the FN seems like an outstanding bedside Gun. (I am using red dots on my CCW and one of my current HD Guns is a S&W Pro Core.)

Also, can you use the decocker/safety solely as a decocker? For example, on the CZ Omega system trigger, if you run the safety on it (you get both, the two systems come w it) you can use the safety ONLY if the hammer is back (cocked and locked).

That is, the CZ Omega safety is physically locked in the off position and it cannot physically be knocked on safe by accident or misadventure when you have it in DA. I like that system coming from a striker fired background.

Last edited by Rev06; 12-25-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added it
Rev06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #9
Maxbob
Banned

I like all the features on the gun. I'm just afraid its too big for my taste. I'm a Glock 19 size type of guy. This gun looks damn big.

But $870 with a free optic is a good deal. $1200 with no optic, crazy.

Ive actually spent a ton this year cause of the great prices. Such as a Remington 870 Marine police for $600. Didn't need, but couldn't pass up. I'm going to try and not spend a dime in 2018, cause I'm just tired of spending money.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:37 AM   #10
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

They're huge pistols.

If you think a Glock 21 is big and has a big grip, stay away.

I want one and this is a heal of a deal for one right now especially when you're getting a free Vortex Venom with the rebate FN is offering. You're talking about a 400 dollar discount. That's crazy.
DevJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #11
SRG
Heathen

AKaholic #: 155118

Its a big gun. I own an OG FNP45 USG and a Glock 32 (same as Glock 19). The FN dwarfs the Glock 19/23/32 size pistols. I wear a large glove, so not huge hands but not tiny either and it still feels like a big gun to me. I do like shooting it tho. Its a very soft shooter and all the controls are positive and easy to manipulate. Mags are super slick and drop free very easily.

Who is selling FNX45 tacticals for $850 with the Venom? I got an email about the deal but the price was around $1100. $850 with the optic is an awesome deal.
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
Make mine underfolded

AKaholic #: 6893

Who the hell has them for 850?
Make mine underfolded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #13
Flashpoint
Lord of War

AKaholic #: 155978

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...=1&mobile=true
Flashpoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #14
Make mine underfolded

AKaholic #: 6893

Thanks!
Make mine underfolded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #15
MyGrassIsBlue05
Grey Man

AKaholic #: 47658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
OP don't want to derail your thread, but I was wondering if anyone could comment on how the trigger and safety/decocker works on this one? Say compared to A Sig, or CZ, or typical striker fired such as Glock?
I had an FNP-45 that was a DA/SA with a safety/decocker. The trigger wasn't nearly as nice as the SRT I installed in my MK25, and almost felt like an air gun trigger.

DA was a soft, mushy, probably 10-11lb pull, SA was probably 3.5-4.5lbs. Reset was god-awfully long, and not very tactile. As a polymer DA/SA hammer-fired pistol, I would say that my USP compact has a better trigger, and my P99AS trigger is above both of those.
"We had badly underestimated the degree to which materialism had corrupted our fellow citizens, as well as the extent to which their feelings could be manipulated by the mass media. As long as the government is able to keep the economy somehow gasping and wheezing along, the people can be conditioned to accept any outrage." - Earl Turner
MyGrassIsBlue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #16
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Thx for trigger feedback Mygrass. I came to that same conclusion about the reset after watching a few videos. I guess if I were cash rich I would bite as this gun is absolutely loaded. But I ain't. So that's that. Also the new Glock Gen 5 G-34 MOS just came out! If I could get some of those new factory 19Rd glock mags the are including w the G-19x I might actually bite on that one.