Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
SaintProphet

AKaholic #: 194879
Default VEPR 12 - AK Stock options?

I have been looking around at VEPR 12s and wondering if the models that come with a fixed tube stock can accept an ak style stock with or without some sort of modification. If modification is needed what am I looking at in terms of work? Otherwise should I just look for the model that already has an ak stock on it?
SaintProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
VforVandetta

AKaholic #: 184420

Go back out to the lobby. Take a right. Bout 5 threads down. You’ll find exactly what you lookin fo.

-V
VforVandetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 AM   #3
SaintProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VforVandetta View Post
Go back out to the lobby. Take a right. Bout 5 threads down. You’ll find exactly what you lookin fo.

-V
This one http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341541 ?

I read through that and unless I missed it, which is possible, the conversions kits do not mention regular ak stocks. Although looking at the Carolina Shooters page it appears there is an adapter for the Vepr to take a regular butt stock so I guess that answers my question.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:20 AM   #4
VforVandetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintProphet View Post
This one http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341541 ?

I read through that and unless I missed it, which is possible, the conversions kits do not mention regular ak stocks. Although looking at the Carolina Shooters page it appears there is an adapter for the Vepr to take a regular butt stock so I guess that answers my question.
Yes the fixed tube Vepr 12 features a unique wacky 2 part rear trunnion design which may be one of the worst designs in Russian firearms history.

It does not contain the standard rear AK tang, and is only supported in the aftermarket by 2 different adapters, the rotor, which plugs into the triangular part that accepts the "tubes" of the fixed tube stock, and the CSS product, which slides into the receiver once the entire crazy ass fixed stock assembly is removed by drilling out pins that have been inserted vertically through the back of the trunnion.

Another option you have is to put an SGM Slant to square adapter on the wooden thumbhole Slantback Vepr 12 (may require fitting) and then put a nice AK regular AK stock in there like a Magpul Zhukov (may require fitting)

Are you feeling the Russian Love yet?

-V
Old 04-27-2018, 11:20 PM   #5
SaintProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VforVandetta View Post
Yes the fixed tube Vepr 12 features a unique wacky 2 part rear trunnion design which may be one of the worst designs in Russian firearms history.

It does not contain the standard rear AK tang, and is only supported in the aftermarket by 2 different adapters, the rotor, which plugs into the triangular part that accepts the "tubes" of the fixed tube stock, and the CSS product, which slides into the receiver once the entire crazy ass fixed stock assembly is removed by drilling out pins that have been inserted vertically through the back of the trunnion.

Another option you have is to put an SGM Slant to square adapter on the wooden thumbhole Slantback Vepr 12 (may require fitting) and then put a nice AK regular AK stock in there like a Magpul Zhukov (may require fitting)

Are you feeling the Russian Love yet?

-V
Yeah feeling the love lol. So my best bet is to either spring for the 999 dollar verp12 that comes with the NATO stock or to get a wooden thumbhole one and get the adapter.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #6
VforVandetta

Quote:
Yeah feeling the love lol. So my best bet is to either spring for the 999 dollar verp12 that comes with the NATO stock or to get a wooden thumbhole one and get the adapter.
Where is the one with a nato stock? Drop a link.

-V
Old 04-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #7
SaintProphet

http://www.k-var.com/molot-vepr-12-g...ctical-shotgun Here ya go
Old 04-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #8
VforVandetta

Quote:
If you’re cool with an AK stock like the Zhukov for sure get that. You can just swap that in with a minor trim to make up for the thicker receiver.

If you are hell bent on the m4 stock, then ure options are out on the table!

-V
Old 04-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #9
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

What I did is removed fixed tube stock from trunnion block. removed trunnion block from receiver. Ground on trunnion block to make it similar to a fixed, tangless trunnion, then re-riveted it in. Filled bottom holes on either side of receiver with some star screws. Screws prob help a lil with lack of tang, it works for me and has the ak look
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote