Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > SVDs and RomAK IIIs

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM   #36
WolfmanReid

AKaholic #: 154786

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
Some argue that china didn't make the ones in 54r, they got it from Soviets.

Irrelevant what 'my' experience is, I am just stating the known facts
That is completely incorrect, and a misconception based on the fact that some of the imported Chinese guns were scrubbed of their arsenal and date marks. Anyone who has put a Chinese Type 79, Type 85, or Iranian Nakhjir (made on Chinese Type 79 tooling) next to a Russian SVD of any manufacturing era can point out numerous tooling, shape and part differences between the Russian and Chinese guns.
WolfmanReid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #37
Floivanus

AKaholic #: 191191

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanReid View Post
That is completely incorrect, and a misconception based on the fact that some of the imported Chinese guns were scrubbed of their arsenal and date marks. Anyone who has put a Chinese Type 79, Type 85, or Iranian Nakhjir (made on Chinese Type 79 tooling) next to a Russian SVD of any manufacturing era can point out numerous tooling, shape and part differences between the Russian and Chinese guns.
Best example of this is the forgotten weapons SVD video put out pretty recently, Ian has an NDM, soviet military SVD and a Tiger all together and points out the differences in machining, that's more evidence than 'the russians made them' the proof isn't there that the chinese copies are actually soviet guns
Floivanus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #38
ncreptile
Bill the Butcher for President
Vendor

AKaholic #: 165174

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
Military arms channel on youtube did a SVD vs. PSL accuracy test, same ammo. PSL did (1 5/8) and SVD did (1 3/8).
1. So one person youtube video is your evidence.
2. We get it.. You keep bringing up the accuracy. I guess the 91/30 is a better sniper than either because it typically provides better accuracy.
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #39
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 181106

Been seeing various SVD and NDM86 rifles going for under $5k lately. I guess the buying frenzy has cooled off lately.

Still, I would get a VEPR conversion unless prices for the Drags fall a lot more. Would be great rifles for my collection but can't justify the expenditure now.