Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
Moue

AKaholic #: 189827
Location: Canada Own a VZ58/VZ2008 and would like to get some advice on accessories and other VZ related stuff.
Exclamation Kobra Sight EKP-1S-03 Issues

Hi all,

I have a Kobra sight model EKP-1S-03 and I am having issues zero-ing the sight. Currently the POA is is about 5-6 inches to the right of the POI. No matter how much I turn the windage dial counter clockwise, the POI does not change. Am I doing something wrong? The sight used to be very close to zero before I messed with the windage dial and it started shooting way to the left. I've attached a picture of the windage dial and all the components just to see that maybe I'm missing something

Can someone explain how exactly turning the dials moves the red dot? Is something turning with it? Is it pushing the bearing in and activating something? I just can't wrap my head around how turning the dial works.

Also, I've linked a picture of under the elevation dial, there's a small red hole beside the bearing, not sure what it is, if someone can identify it that would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Moue; 02-13-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Wrong picture
Moue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Wulfe74

AKaholic #: 191248

You must have missed the permanent post right above yours that states! How to adjust kobra red dot sights!
Wulfe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
Moue

AKaholic #: 189827
Location: Canada Own a VZ58/VZ2008 and would like to get some advice on accessories and other VZ related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfe74 View Post
You must have missed the permanent post right above yours that states! How to adjust kobra red dot sights!
I have read that thread yet I am unable to get the dot to move at all no matter how many times I turn the windage dial counter clockwise.

I read this in the thread: "press down on the wheel to re-engage the adjustment mechanism". Can someone point out to me where exactly this adjustment mechanism is under the windage/elevation dial?

I just feel like I'm turning the windage dial round and round but nothing inside the sight is actually being adjusted.

Last edited by Moue; 02-19-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Moue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:06 AM   #4
Wulfe74

AKaholic #: 191248

Pics of the entire optic , just making sure you didn't get a chi-sneeze airsoft toy copy? I remember that you have to loosen the larger flat blade ring on windage dial (not center screw, one just around center screw) then depress windage drum while turning to allow more windage adjustment if you can't reach your optimum point of impact. Been like 18 years since I had a Kobra so somebody that has more recent experience with one will hopefully chime in.
Wulfe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
MyGrassIsBlue05
Grey Man

AKaholic #: 47658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moue View Post
I read this in the thread: "press down on the wheel to re-engage the adjustment mechanism". Can someone point out to me where exactly this adjustment mechanism is under the windage/elevation dial?

I just feel like I'm turning the windage dial round and round but nothing inside the sight is actually being adjusted.
This sounds as if the wheel needs put back on, and the spanner screw tightened to create engagement.

Typically the whole adjustment wheel isn't taken apart and removed during zero, and just the slotted spanner nut is loosened only to where the wheel can be lifted from engagement when you've run out of adjustment. Not the center screw, but the slotted screw that goes over top of it. The fact that you've taken it apart may make things difficult.

The adjustment mechanism would be whichever piece underneath engages the wheel...Owning a Kobra, but never taken it apart, I'd assume that the metal "post" in the adjustment wheel goes into one of the holes in the mechanism. The divots in the wheel rest on the ball bearing in the housing, I believe. This is where the "clicks" come from in adjustment.

I would put the wheel back on top of it's housing, trying to engage the metal post of the wheel with one of the holes in the mechanism, then replace the lock nut/spanner on top and through the wheel. There should have been a tool that came with the site specifically used for loosening the spanner screw without loosening the center screw which shouldn't be removed.

Once everything's lined up, tighten the spanner screw down.
This will tighten the adjustment wheel down and create a positive engagement.

Or it should. This is my best guess.

Good luck.
"We had badly underestimated the degree to which materialism had corrupted our fellow citizens, as well as the extent to which their feelings could be manipulated by the mass media. As long as the government is able to keep the economy somehow gasping and wheezing along, the people can be conditioned to accept any outrage." - Earl Turner
MyGrassIsBlue05 is online now   Reply With Quote