Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #106
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
I still have no email confirmation on shipping. Order just shows its backordered. Ordered Sept 12th. Hope to get this soon.
I'd give it a few more days. Mine was ordered on the 8th, should expect it probably early next week in your inbox
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:48 AM   #107
phixion

AKaholic #: 182283

If anyone wants to trade their "heavy" MBT trigger springs for the standard, lighter MBT trigger springs, let me know.

I have three; unused.

An easy way to grab a few spares.
phixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #108
AKD

AKaholic #: 197502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I'd give it a few more days. Mine was ordered on the 8th, should expect it probably early next week in your inbox
I should have bought a few as well at the same time. My range buddy is waiting for the hands on on mine. He deals with a gun shop and they recommend the Geissele triggers. I know when he tries mine and then I tell him $87 dollars his jaw will drop.
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #109
Sasquatchege

AKaholic #: 170356

Has anyone put a trigger scale on theres using each spring?
Sasquatchege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #110
AKD

So mine just shipped today. Long weekend coming up. Hope it gets here by friday.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:44 AM   #111
praxidike
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
So mine just shipped today. Long weekend coming up. Hope it gets here by friday.
Mine will probably ship thus coming up Monday then. I ordered on the 17th.
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #112
AKD

Smile

Ok. So I just got it delivered and installed. Got a sticker and a catalog in the box. Here is my issue and it's not a bad one. I'm torn between the light and heavy spring. I have never shot a 2 stage trigger, I'll say that right off the bat. The only aftermarket trigger I shot is on the AK the ALG premium one. I feel that was to light out of the box so I added the extra lb spring and to me it's still on the light side but not at all bad. The MBT is nice ,really nice. I just feel the second stage break is really touchy on the light spring. This is all dry firing for reference with the upper on. The reset is nice but more audible and noticable on the 6lb. The 6lb is good as well. Reset is noticeable louder and more pronounced. The trigger pull noticeable more,but not as touchy as the 4. Like splitting hairs here. What is the exact pulls on these? Is it 2lb+2lbs? Is that how its calculated? Maybe it's just me and my personal shooting style. I feel the 6lb 1st stage is very comparable to the 4lb. And the break is 4lbs. Like both triggers 1st is 2lbs and the light is another 2lb and the heavy is 4lbs. Lol feel like I want to be right in between these 2. Anyone test these 2 for pulls weights? Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #113
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Ok. So I just got it delivered and installed. Got a sticker and a catalog in the box. Here is my issue and it's not a bad one. I'm torn between the light and heavy spring. I have never shot a 2 stage trigger, I'll say that right off the bat. The only aftermarket trigger I shot is on the AK the ALG premium one. I feel that was to light out of the box so I added the extra lb spring and to me it's still on the light side but not at all bad. The MBT is nice ,really nice. I just feel the second stage break is really touchy on the light spring. This is all dry firing for reference with the upper on. The reset is nice but more audible and noticable on the 6lb. The 6lb is good as well. Reset is noticeable louder and more pronounced. The trigger pull noticeable more,but not as touchy as the 4. Like splitting hairs here. What is the exact pulls on these? Is it 2lb+2lbs? Is that how its calculated? Maybe it's just me and my personal shooting style. I feel the 6lb 1st stage is very comparable to the 4lb. And the break is 4lbs. Like both triggers 1st is 2lbs and the light is another 2lb and the heavy is 4lbs. Lol feel like I want to be right in between these 2. Anyone test these 2 for pulls weights? Thanks
?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #114
AKD

So is the heavier pull weight=? I had a few ?"s in that post if you care to respond to them. I'm just looking for feedback. Sorry not a guru on 2 stage triggers.

Last edited by AKD; 10-05-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:43 PM   #115
burninglegs

Quote:
So is the heavier pull weight=? I had a few ?"s in that post if you care to respond to them. I'm just looking for feedback. Sorry not a guru on 2 stage triggers.
All of your questions regarding the pull weight are on LaRue's website under the item description. Did you read that prior to ordering?

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

The trigger with the light spring is 4.5 pounds, not 4 pounds. It is 2.5 lbs first stage and 2.0 lbs second stage. The heavier spring changes the 4.5 pounds to 6 pounds (I believe 3.5 lbs + 2.5 pounds).
Old 10-06-2018, 06:19 AM   #116
AKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
All of your questions regarding the pull weight are on LaRue's website under the item description. Did you read that prior to ordering?

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

The trigger with the light spring is 4.5 pounds, not 4 pounds. It is 2.5 lbs first stage and 2.0 lbs second stage. The heavier spring changes the 4.5 pounds to 6 pounds (I believe 3.5 lbs + 2.5 pounds).
I read it. I cant ask a question??? My question is regarding peoples here preference of heavy vs light. Uses. I made a mistake on the light by .5 lbs. Preferably interested in the heavy weight changes. You say the heavy changes you "believe" 3.5lbs + 2.5lbs. I didnt see those weights anywhere in the link you posted. So sorry that link does not answer all my questions. I wonder to myself sometimes why I even go on forums anymore. So I'm asking nicely.If you cant answer my question, just dont answer at all. Not up for condescending BS comments.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #117
42tula
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171999

Quote:
I read it. I cant ask a question??? My question is regarding peoples here preference of heavy vs light. Uses. I made a mistake on the light by .5 lbs. Preferably interested in the heavy weight changes. You say the heavy changes you "believe" 3.5lbs + 2.5lbs. I didnt see those weights anywhere in the link you posted. So sorry that link does not answer all my questions. I wonder to myself sometimes why I even go on forums anymore. So I'm asking nicely.If you cant answer my question, just dont answer at all. Not up for condescending BS comments.
Seriously? The highlighted comment is what I would expect from a teenager.

The easy way to answer your questions is to go ahead and buy a $20 trigger pull gauge, and just keep the spring you like the most.
42tula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #118
AKD

Thumbs down

Expect what you want. Your response is exactly why I dont go on or join forums much anymore. Some always have something wise to say or question you, or insult you. I asked a question regarding lbs. and usage. Simple. I didnt insult anyone. Or question anyone. I first get a ? As a response. Then a link for me to read questioning if I even read it in the first place as the information is supposed to be there. It is not on the heavy. If this is a thread on Larues trigger let's talk about it. I know the info is discussed on other forums. So is the price. If that's the case why have a discussion on anything? OP should have just listed price of the trigger and links to all discussions and info and locked the thread. My opinion is healthy discussions current are good for the forum. Not why ask questions here, it's been discussed, search it. Forums thrive on discussions.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #119
burninglegs

Quote:
Expect what you want. Your response is exactly why I dont go on or join forums much anymore. Some always have something wise to say or question you, or insult you. I asked a question regarding lbs. and usage. Simple. I didnt insult anyone. Or question anyone. I first get a ? As a response. Then a link for me to read questioning if I even read it in the first place as the information is supposed to be there. It is not on the heavy. If this is a thread on Larues trigger let's talk about it. I know the info is discussed on other forums. So is the price. If that's the case why have a discussion on anything? OP should have just listed price of the trigger and links to all discussions and info and locked the thread. My opinion is healthy discussions current are good for the forum. Not why ask questions here, it's been discussed, search it. Forums thrive on discussions.
Try using paragraphs if you want discussion. Members aren't going to read a block of text. That is why I responded with a ?.

Also, I provided the link as it doesn't seem you know much about the item you purchased.

Rather than complaining about the trigger being 'touchy' with the light spring when dry firing, it is important to realize that is the whole point of a nice two stage trigger. The second stage is suppose to be 'touchy.' That is the point.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #120
42tula
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171999

AKD, I don’t think the files is the place for you if you can’t take a little rough joking.

Burn had answered your question but your butthurt made you skip right over it. Here it is again, so you can understand the trigger springs and the weight: “The trigger with the light spring is 4.5 pounds, not 4 pounds. It is 2.5 lbs first stage and 2.0 lbs second stage. The heavier spring changes the 4.5 pounds total to 6 pounds total (I believe 3.5 lbs + 2.5 pounds).”
42tula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #121
AKD

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Try using paragraphs if you want discussion. Members aren't going to read a block of text. That is why I responded with a ?.

Also, I provided the link as it doesn't seem you know much about the item you purchased.

Rather than complaining about the trigger being 'touchy' with the light spring when dry firing, it is important to realize that is the whole point of a nice two stage trigger. The second stage is suppose to be 'touchy.' That is the point.
Oh sorry now you are the grammar police. Didnt know you speak for all the members here. I know what I purchased. I know what I installed. I asked the weight of the heavy springs and you gave me a link and asked me " Didnt you read before you purchased this" I did. And if you click you own link its doesnt give the heavy spring breakdown. That's all I asked. I never complained the trigger is touchy. I just said it's way to light for anything but bench shooting. I mean please dont put words in my mouth. I asked a question and your responding to me like you own the board here. I asked you nicely before. If you cant answer my question dont respond to me directly. I mean what part of that request dont you understand? The breakdown you gave me isnt listed anywhere. I dont know how a simple question with no Iill ntent gets thrown back in my face. If you had a link to the heavy post it. That's all. I'd click it and be done. I know this will go back and forth all day long if I continue to respond, but hey you dont get that many posts by not being on the board all day long.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #122
AKD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42tula View Post
AKD, I donít think the files is the place for you if you canít take a little rough joking.

Burn had answered your question but your butthurt made you skip right over it. Here it is again, so you can understand the trigger springs and the weight: ďThe trigger with the light spring is 4.5 pounds, not 4 pounds. It is 2.5 lbs first stage and 2.0 lbs second stage. The heavier spring changes the 4.5 pounds total to 6 pounds total (I believe 3.5 lbs + 2.5 pounds).Ē
Well since you and your buddy"Burn" apparently run the board here as the elders. Just avoid me. I ask a question you dont have the answer then dont answer. Real simple.I didnt join the akfiles for " rough" joking. Not here to make "cyber friends".Sorry I'm not a staple here with 10s of thousands of posts. So I can respond like I have been here since the first thread and am here every day and get aggravated by people asking questions they can search.I'm not on the internet all day every day trying to be a staple in a forum community. When I can get on I do. Ask questions and look for answers. All the bs that goes with that I'm not looking for. Maybe you should step back for a minute. Just leave me be. That's all I ask and I'm asking nicely. To the both of you.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #123
burninglegs

Quote:
Oh sorry now you are the grammar police. Didnt know you speak for all the members here. I know what I purchased. I know what I installed. I asked the weight of the heavy springs and you gave me a link and asked me " Didnt you read before you purchased this" I did. And if you click you own link its doesnt give the heavy spring breakdown. That's all I asked. I never complained the trigger is touchy. I just said it's way to light for anything but bench shooting. I mean please dont put words in my mouth. I asked a question and your responding to me like you own the board here. I asked you nicely before. If you cant answer my question dont respond to me directly. I mean what part of that request dont you understand? The breakdown you gave me isnt listed anywhere. I dont know how a simple question with no Iill ntent gets thrown back in my face. If you had a link to the heavy post it. That's all. I'd click it and be done. I know this will go back and forth all day long if I continue to respond, but hey you dont get that many posts by not being on the board all day long.
Quote:
Well since you and your buddy"Burn" apparently run the board here as the elders. Just avoid me. I ask a question you dont have the answer then dont answer. Real simple.I didnt join the akfiles for " rough" joking. Not here to make "cyber friends".Sorry I'm not a staple here with 10s of thousands of posts. So I can respond like I have been here since the first thread and am here every day and get aggravated by people asking questions they can search.I'm not on the internet all day every day trying to be a staple in a forum community. When I can get on I do. Ask questions and look for answers. All the bs that goes with that I'm not looking for. Maybe you should step back for a minute. Just leave me be. That's all I ask and I'm asking nicely. To the both of you.
Lol. I don't think this forum is a place fornyou.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #124
jtscuba02
Cutout
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166235

In all honesty, it sounds like you are asking a question that only you can answer. Take the rifle to the range with which whatever spring you have in there now and fire some rounds through it. Then switch to the other spring and fire some rounds through it. Then decide which whatever spring works best for you. I know this probably isn't the answer you want, but you need to decide which one works the best for your shooting style.

Quote:
jtscuba02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #125
praxidike
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
You have to have a thick skin on this forum. People give each other a hard time. If you can't deal with and brush off snarky comments, you won't last long here.

Last edited by praxidike; 10-06-2018 at 07:15 PM.
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #126
Sasquatchege

AKaholic #: 170356

Back on topic y’all, about this trigger. It’s awesome! Came today and the longest part of the install was backing out the grip screw, easiest I’ve ever done even by AR standards. Reset doesn’t push your finger forward as hard as my geissele G2S, not complaining though. Wide trigger face is comfy. Perfect break for sure, can’t wait to see how it feels after a good break in!
Sasquatchege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #127
wormraper
Curio & Relic

got my second order of 3 in! I now have 5 of my 16 lowers/rifles with the MBT. I'm absolutely loving them. For $87 and having the option of the 6lb trigger spring these are just unbeatable. I honestly don't think the reset is bad on the 4.5 lb trigger spring like has been complained about. I can hear and feel it just fine. I have a few "battle" rifles that I'm keeping the mil-spec triggers, like my BCM, but these are my new go to triggers for the time being. Beats my SSA easily, and ALMOST is on par with the SSA-E, but for a fraction of the price. They feel like TANKS with the tool steel as well

Almost tempted to pick up a few more but I just grabbed a WASR 10 underfolder this morning from Atlantic
Old 10-22-2018, 06:44 AM   #128
Trvrswsr1234

AKaholic #: 193880

Question for you guys that have used this trigger i didnt see this in the link but i may have missed it

Does anyone know if they are using a weaker hammer spring then a milspec trigger? have any of you guys had issues igniting primers on any type of ammunition?

Sorry for my trigger ignorance but ive only used millspec triggers
Trvrswsr1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #129
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trvrswsr1234 View Post
Question for you guys that have used this trigger i didnt see this in the link but i may have missed it

Does anyone know if they are using a weaker hammer spring then a milspec trigger? have any of you guys had issues igniting primers on any type of ammunition?

Sorry for my trigger ignorance but ive only used millspec triggers
no, they use a full power hammer spring
Old 10-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #130
Trvrswsr1234

AKaholic #: 193880

Thanks^
Trvrswsr1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #131
wormraper
Curio & Relic

I just tried out the 6 lb "heavy" trigger spring for a duty gun I'm building, and I fully understand why people like them for duty use. The reset is MUCH crisper, and you barely feel the 1.5 lbs of extra pull. Most of it is on the take up, with only an extra .5 lbs on the 2nd stage. I really like it. I'm too lazy to try the spring out on my other 4 guns with them, but if I build a duty gun, then I for sure am putting in the extra power spring