Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #36
catmando

AKaholic #: 194694

ALL of us will be taking our long dirt naps before we ever see Russian rifles imported again. And as far as Bulgarian rifles go, I would be willing to bet a case of your favorite beer there want be anymore by this time next year or before.

Last edited by catmando; 07-18-2018 at 08:26 PM.
catmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #37
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183159

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokahay View Post
Pretty sure 30 years in the future, Izhmash( kalash concern ) will have better things to do than build 300 dollar sporters for us market.

And in any event it wouldnt have an Izhmash rollmark even today.

The ship has sailed.

Shame its a kick as rifle.
Honestly I am fine with .223 Arsenal SLR106, I don’t even need Russian ammo which I keep 20k of rounds or so already in my basement It is pleasure to shot good AR as well or any other rifle I own. So, yes train is already left and far away from the station
Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #38
hokahay
Contributor

AKaholic #: 181589

I have 3 saigas cw gunwerks conversions, an slr107fr, and a yugo opap crested. I have a noveske n4 lightweight from when John noveske was still alive. A colt 6720 with vintage colt m4 furniture, and adams piston ar on a colt piston roll marked lower, a spikes crusader 6920 and a psa middy on a colt expanse lower.

hHey all rock. I don't need any more lol because my dirt nap probably closer than you'alls lol.

Dont get me started on my hand guns.
hokahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #39
FalseFlagOps
Patriot

AKaholic #: 194141

Buy ARs and sam7s -
FalseFlagOps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #40
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

I bought 2 guns today. One is an AR15 yes as those are good for the getting right now and i do enjoy picking up military variants.
The other is a Molot.

Regarding imports Chinese, Russian, Hungarian, Finnish, Egyptian are all gone.

The future of Serbian Zastava seems uncertain, with it looking likely Century will drop them. Either way, the OPAP, M90NP, and M77PS seem gone.

Romania Cugir while still sending over WASR10s and the occasional Draco has kind of stagnated. The PSL, AES10B, WASR2, and WASR3 are gone too.

Bulgaria Arsenal is doing better, but they too have scaled back their line.

I really like my SAM7SF and SAM7R, and would recommend picking one or both up to anyone in the market for a tough, milspec type AK.
Also, i had a lot of fun converting my SAM7K. It was less of a headache than I imagined, and those can still be had NIB for well under $1k.

The biggest hope I have for the future in 2018 comes from Poland. FB, WBP, and PAC all seem willing to work with US importers to sell product here; and 2 of those are very good companies that turn out a quality product.

The Lynx is a good start for WBP and I have a pretty strong feeling it won't be their last.
It is possible the Archer rifle might return in time and/or a Mini Archer pistol based on the Mini Beryl (please, please, please).
Shit maybe we'll even get an MSBS one day...a guy can dream right? and once getting a semi-auto CZ 805 Bren also seemed just as improbable *shrug* who knows.
By 2019, FB's contract with the Polish military for new Wz.96 Beryls (and upgrading older ones too) will have been completed. So hopefully this will free up some production capacity that can then be turned towards the US market. It happened before with the Archer, and that was dealing with I.O. too.
Arms of America as FB's new import partner has a big advantage over I.O. too; the people working there are honest and not assholes.
WBP has a neat AKM based product line, so we'll see what they come up with for us later.
PAC (Pioneer Arms).....exists and makes physical objects that go 'bang' (sometimes in thrilling, unexpected ways even!)

Moving on from AKs, there are other imports worth looking into also....
From Czech Republic: CZ Scorpion Evo3 pistol and carbine, CZ 805 S1 carbine and PS1 pistol, CSA Vz.61 Scorpion pistol, and CSA Vz.58 rifle and pistol.
From Israel: IWI Ace pistol and carbine, and of course the whole Tavor family from the orig SAR to the X95 to the (hopefully) upcoming 7.62.
From Taiwan: the Wolf A1 T91, ok ok not a complete gun so cheating a bit here but I've been super impressed by mine. I really have to give props to Chris Bartocci for talking me into trying one out last year.
From Italy: Beretta ARX100, seriously these have been very reasonably priced lately and are great little carbines.
From Austria: Steyr AUG A3 M1 and STG77 A1, a classic now but still worth a look.
And for those with deep pockets from Switzerland: SAN SG55x guns imported by JDI. Despite some setbacks and delays, Dave is getting stuff in, slowly but surely. The first SG550/STGW90 rifles since those few imported by DSA 25 years ago are about to hit, which is very neat. Expensive yes but going to be worth a lot more in the future I am sure.

So yep, there are options besides Molots and Izhmashes, and who knwos how long some might remain available?
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:43 AM   #41
FalseFlagOps
Patriot

I love it Misha, mr Brightside, that's quite a list. Been looking at an Arx100 but also seemed a bit bulky to me and went with a LWRC instead (no regrets). I am a huge CZ fan, mostly pistol, but also a scorpion carbine, couldn't believe when these started being available, maybe jumped the gun too early price wise, but you never know, things sometimes come and go quickly so why wait.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:50 AM   #42
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseFlagOps View Post
I love it Misha, mr Brightside, that's quite a list. Been looking at an Arx100 but also seemed a bit bulky to me and went with a LWRC instead (no regrets). I am a huge CZ fan, mostly pistol, but also a scorpion carbine, couldn't believe when these started being available, maybe jumped the gun too early price wise, but you never know, things sometimes come and go quickly so why wait.
I own both ARX100 and LWRC AR and that is different rifles, ARX is cheap these days and well made modern rifle. You could change barrel in sec and it is also piston driven. LWRC is luxury AR, excellent quality and accuracy but cost is higher. Thinking about CZ Bren
Old 07-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #43
bill3542
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 64

currently have two Saiga .223 conversions, everything but the front handguards done. one running standard AK stock other has collapsible M4 style stock and use Izzy Galil Orelite .223 35 round mags in both.

2 years between the 2 and a 150 dollars difference in price.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #44
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 167813

Well I'll put this out there.

I had a post, two years ago asking if I should purchase (2) M85NP's, one to build and another as a spare. Everyone said no, no reason to, those things will never be valuable as they took AR-15 magazines, so I decided to purchase one. Same thing with the VZ-58's from CIA, everyone complained that the $399 Czech' rifle didn't come with a case full of magazines toward the end of PSA's blowout pricing, so others held off. Thankfully I was able to trade a $400 AR after the sale for another one. Two years later, both of those $400 rifles are now $800+.

Now is always the best time, don't wait.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #45
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

100% agree, if a deal is good and you like the firearm, just buy it. Of course the reverse is true also. Even if a gun is a great deal, if it just doesn't do 'it' for you, just wait until something you do like comes up.

Flag, don't feel bad on your Evo3 price. I really wanted a Bren Carbine, so bought one as soon as they came out. I didn't pay $2k, hell no! but did pay nearly $1.6k and later they dropped to $1.3k.
I look at it like this, i got my carbine about a year earlier than i would have if i had waited til the price dropped. So that extra $300? that was just the price of 1 more year to enjoy something.
Sometimes, life's too short to wait.

I do try and look on the bright side of things because why not?
Focusing on the negative rarely does you any good, and people around you kind of end up hating spending time with you if your always a downer.

I bought SGLs and VEPRs when they were coming in, so i paid good prices by today's standards. On the otherhand, i was too young in the '80s to buy preban guns, so I've paid inflated prices for some of those guns like my AUG A1, Daewoos, and FN FNC.
In the end, its all good.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #46
FalseFlagOps
Patriot

Can't complain here misha- bought apple stock in 2008 and sold it in 2016- that became sam7r, sam7sf, vepr fm 47 x2, fm 74 x2, 2 converted saigas 74s, 2 lwrc, and 2 ddm4s to name a few (I think you're aware of at least one or more firsthand!)with the molot sanctions I was late but not too late. I do love the irony of Tim cooks liberal company buying aks, rpks, and AR/m4s for me. Gotta enjoy the little things- zombieland style. As an aside- get another sam7r in stock so I can give you some needed patronage friend- not a tough sell here.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #47
AZJonny
Broski

AKaholic #: 174752

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydo View Post
I completely disagree with some of the above opinions. We have all been conned into thinking Russians are the bad guys just because past administrations were afraid Russians would spread their communist influence here. Look at the political party that's giving Trump a hard time though!! There are many in that party that are self proclaimed communists and nationalists. America's distance from Russia has absolutely nothing to do with morality either. Look at who some of our allies are. Turkey for instance! They have supported terrorism, they are brutal to any opposition within their own country, and they are killing Kurds left and right and justifying it by calling them the terrorists. Hell, we've even armed terrorists. The "Russian meddling" is a joke. The Democrats rigged their primary, and it has been proven that the AG at the time and members within the DOJ helped manipulate the public opinion of Hillary. Is that not undermining our democracy? We also meddle in Russian affairs all the time. Should they just bend over and allow us to meddle in their politics, but leave us alone? I am obviously, and completely, against Russia "undermining our Democracy", but we should lead by example. It's the pot calling the kettle black. It's also not like they tapped into the voting machines. They simply exposed illegal activity. I'm grateful for that! It helped me make a well grounded, more educated decision in 2016. Not one based on lies, but FACT. I say that the worlds two biggest nuclear powers SHOULD get along. Russia is a huge resource, and a lot of our allies are tapping into it while we spend billions to "protect" them from Russia, and yet they don't want to see America do the same. There seems to be more conservatives that are waking up and realizing that it's 2018 and that Russia does not pose a threat to us anymore, nor are they the bad guys that we've been tricked to believe. The current bias, divisive media has done more damage to this country than any Russia meddling has ever done. I'm 100% for open trade with Russia. I think it would better both the US and Russia. I digress....
Holy wall of text! You realize that maybe 10% of people will read that? Summarize that shit and separate your paragraphs.
AZJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #48
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseFlagOps View Post
Can't complain here misha- bought apple stock in 2008 and sold it in 2016- that became sam7r, sam7sf, vepr fm 47 x2, fm 74 x2, 2 converted saigas 74s, 2 lwrc, and 2 ddm4s to name a few (I think you're aware of at least one or more firsthand!)with the molot sanctions I was late but not too late. I do love the irony of Tim cooks liberal company buying aks, rpks, and AR/m4s for me. Gotta enjoy the little things- zombieland style. As an aside- get another sam7r in stock so I can give you some needed patronage friend- not a tough sell here.
I need to get new cell phone and I don't want to get neither Google based one not Apple made phones. Liberals are all over our gadgets
Old 07-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #49
paragrunt

AKaholic #: 183302

It would be great to see them imported again, but I don't think Pelosi and her cronies will stand for those evil black rifles coming back. I know a guy who bought a crate of Saiga x39 and. 12 gauges about a decade ago and is just sitting on them.... He won't sell, I've tried.....
paragrunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #50
TheBohunk
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174221

Seems like I recall a few countries not normally associated with the AK were trying to set up shop building them, like Saudi, India, maybe Venezuela.

As far fetched as those nations sending us guns sounds, I bet it's more likely than seeing Russian guns return.

In or around Iowa? Join the Iowa Region Avtomats
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=23
TheBohunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 AM   #51
mojoracing

AKaholic #: 196374

I like many, found the pricing of the vepr (post ban) a bit much. However, after mulling it over and wanting a true Russian, factory built gun, I broke down and got an fm recently from kvar. Probably one of the last ones. (until they find another pallet) Anyhow, im glad I spent the money. What a wonderful rifle! Phenomenal quality, smooth, accurate and nicely finished. Some say big deal or its too heavy. I personally am partial to the thicker receivers and bulged trunions. Probably why I like m70s so much. I can see this becoming my go to rifle and guess what? I like it so much that the price I paid doesn't matter at all. Whats the old saying? Buy once, cry once? Im smiling! Get one before they're gone or the market puts them out of reach.
mojoracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #52
hokahay
Contributor

AKaholic #: 181589

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Whats the old saying? Buy once, cry once? Im smiling! Get one before they're gone or the market puts them out of reach.
Warren Buffett says "Price is what you pay, value is what you get."
hokahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:17 PM   #53
catmando

AKaholic #: 194694

Stop whining about the Russian guns! There gone forever! Man up now if you want one. Who knows by this time next year what the going rate will be on the king of the Kremlin. SGLs 4k to 5k is my guess?
catmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #54
Browning Hi Power
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191931

According to the US government, sanctions will be removed when Russia gives up Crimea. In other words, it's never going to happen.
Browning Hi Power is offline   Reply With Quote