Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #36
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousOyster View Post
How'd u like the strongarm? I've gotta say it's probably my favorite brace right now. Very minimalist
Haven't installed it yet, just got the buffer tube in the mail yesterday, had to order the Damage Ind. 1.190 tube as the Strongarm brace is VERY picky about size.

FYI: 1.190 is perfect, 1.20 or larger is too big, won't fit, 1.11 which is also a common size is waaaay too small.

Also still waiting on the lower for the build (AR pistol), wife found a Spike's skeletal viking lower on sale for 75 bucks so she jumped on it for the new pistol.

It looks nice, small flaw in the anodizing which was aggravating but not worth sending back (Doublestar already offered to replace it for me, so a big +1 for their customer service). Will be replacing the cheesy velcro strap with a custom leather one my LGS lady is making.

Damage tube is a nice tube but expensive, I paid like 15 bucks for my other tube and this one was 34 bucks to my door, have already given feedback to Doublestar as have a lot of other guys, and I think they'll be making the next batch slightly different.

1.190 is a hard tube to find, 1.25 would be perfect as I think that covers the most tubes out there, with maybe some hard plastic shims included so you could use the brace with smaller tubes too.
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote