Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
CrAKker
Banned

AKaholic #: 190376
Default In need of N-PAP DF Underfolder intel..........

I've got to stop watching Mrgunsandgear! I don't have an UF and I don't need one either. But, they do have that second kind of cool, bad guy gun in the movies factor. Also, I think they would make a very practical truck/backpack gun option. How is Zastava doing quality wise these days? My O-PAP was mostly excellent, good shooter, straight sights, reliable. Later, 2015ish? My N-PAP was less excellent, good shooter, canted sights, reliable, and a noticeably loose bullet guide. I eventually traded/sold both of them. Does anyone here actually have one? What do you think?
CrAKker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
dso970

AKaholic #: 178426

ive had one for the better part of two years now. no issues as of yet, but it dosent get shot often. maybe 3 or 4 hundred through it. i used to have it as a truck gun, but its gotten replace by a cheapo cobbled up parts ar15.

but all in all...its a solid ak in my opinion. and folds up nice an small. just not as comfortable to shoot as a solid or side folder stock, and hard to get a solid cheek weld with it. it does hit minute-of-man at 100 with ease though!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
PatinAz

AKaholic #: 191083

Atlantic just posted some Polish VAF 47s. They look tempting with matching kits and chrome lined barrels and an Atlantic build, but I'll wait a bit to see if prices come down.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0
PatinAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
Browning Hi Power
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191931

If money is not an isssue, get a SAM7 underfolder. You will really enjoy having a milled receiver AK and you can get your underfolder itch scratched as well.
Browning Hi Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #5
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

Here's a video we did with mine last December:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr95LhdCOEs

So far, so good without any problems.

However, yes if you can afford the SAM7UF, it is a very nice factory milled built underfolder too.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
PatinAz

AKaholic #: 191083

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post

However, yes if you can afford the SAM7UF, it is a very nice factory milled built underfolder too.
Didn't know you were a member here. Love your vids.
PatinAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
Made in Austria

AKaholic #: 188205

I can't complain about my DF. Round count is somewhere between 2500 and 3000 rounds with zero malfunctions. No strange wear issues and headspace is still like was in new condition.
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
TangoUniform
за мой Автомат Калашникова
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 167175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso970 View Post
just not as comfortable to shoot as a solid or side folder stock, and hard to get a solid cheek weld with it.

There are fixes for that.

You have options like the Echo93 UFCR or the Samson Manufacturing cheek rest. You could do away with the folder altogether and get the Command Arms UF to M4 stock adapter.

I like underfolders for their pure badassness though they are less comfortable to shoot than their fixed stock brethren.
Это моя винтовка. Существует много, таких как она, но эта единственная моя!
TangoUniform is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #9
ohlongarm
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193447

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAKker View Post
I've got to stop watching Mrgunsandgear! I don't have an UF and I don't need one either. But, they do have that second kind of cool, bad guy gun in the movies factor. Also, I think they would make a very practical truck/backpack gun option. How is Zastava doing quality wise these days? My O-PAP was mostly excellent, good shooter, straight sights, reliable. Later, 2015ish? My N-PAP was less excellent, good shooter, canted sights, reliable, and a noticeably loose bullet guide. I eventually traded/sold both of them. Does anyone here actually have one? What do you think?
I had two sold a NIB one this week,and my shooter 2000 rds corrosive down the hatch in one year,absolutely flawless no wear,no rust tight as can be. I have an Urban Ert recoil pad which is unbelievable,mines a keeper no canted sights perfect.Very accurate.
ohlongarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
Pow-ding
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 87380

Bought an Npap DF November of 2016, Only about 400-500 rounds through it so far. Had a couple of weird issues such as front sight pins walking out, and cleaning rod walking out. Replaced the cleaning rod with a Romanian rod, and used loctite on the pins. Both were easy to fix and no problems with them since.

Mine is quite accurate and has never jammed. I have used many different mags and different ammos with no problem. The sights on mine were spot on out of the box and I find it comfortable to shoot. So far I am very happy with mine and glad I purchased it.

I have a number of AK's that I shoot so it will be quite some time before I reach 5,000 rounds on the Npsap.
Pow-ding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #11
CrAKker
Banned

Quote:

Yours was the next video I watched after Mrgunsandgear's. You are an impressive gun enthusiast, as well as a man. I hold your opinions with high regard. For the coin, it's either the Zastava, or none. I would prefer an actual combloc manufactured example. I guess I'll give Zastava another go. Others on here are saying the same thing, it's good to go. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 PM   #12
CrAKker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatinAz View Post
Atlantic just posted some Polish VAF 47s. They look tempting with matching kits and chrome lined barrels and an Atlantic build, but I'll wait a bit to see if prices come down.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0
Oh! That is a possible contender! Atlantic's build quality and CS seem to be without flaw. A Circle Eleven example might be the way to go. Zatstava's come in a little more reasonably priced though.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:21 AM   #13
CrAKker
Banned

I just sent Atlantic an Email, Do the newest N-PAP DF underfolder series of rifles have the Zastava proof markings?
Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 AM   #14
madrobot

AKaholic #: 177479

The new ones have the markings, I got one a few weeks ago. I have 5oo rounds through mine already,no signs of mushrooming at all, not one issue,sights are dead on, stock is very solid, finish is good,wood is meh, thats an easy fix. These really are good deals, mine has the RAK trigger instead of the G2, which I like more.
madrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #15
Mrgunsngear
AKaholic

AKaholic #: 161751

Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
ArtGuy

AKaholic #: 190991

Just got an Zastava NPAP -DF from Atlantic. You can't go wrong. I'll probable buy another just to have it.
ArtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #17
drftman

AKaholic #: 173417

Love mine. Had 6 of them....down to 3 now. 1 shooter and 2 nib for a rainy day. My shooter has nearly 4000rds through it at this point and has never given me any problems. One of my favorite rifles to shoot even compared to some prebans etc. Good because it's cheap and widely available and just works great. They seem to be better than the fixed stock npaps from what I have seen.
drftman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:20 AM   #18
ohlongarm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAKker View Post
The Zastava is an actual factory rifle,not a parts kit. I see no reason to get an Arsenal for twice the price,it won't shoot better or last longer.Unless you just have to have one. I have one Arsenal a 101s great trigger,shoots well ,but doesn't have any feature that jumps out at you and says wow I'd better get another.Besides their service sucks,took them three weeks to return a phone call that would have made me buy another one of their rifles. Instead bought two Opaps,NIB,one about 30 rds through it.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #19
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Yeah, come to think of it, I have read of fewer issues with the NPAP-DF compared with the NPAP.

Also at least it does have orig Zastava wood HGs and stock.

The stock if anything is usually too tight; not too loose too.

Again, perfectly happy with mine. Gives me a factory built "Yugo" underfolder...and they did use the M70AB1 pattern in their military too.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #20
ohlongarm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, come to think of it, I have read of fewer issues with the NPAP-DF compared with the NPAP.

Again, perfectly happy with mine. Gives me a factory built "Yugo" underfolder...and they did use the M70AB1 pattern in their military too.
Like the crap out of mine,a must accessory Urban Ert recoil pad,lists ishmash as the mfger,who known it really works,better length of pull,very notable recoil. It's the rifle i shoot the most,been defiled by only corrosive so far,one wouldn't know,
Old 08-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #21
Browning Hi Power
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191931

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlongarm View Post
it won't... last longer.
Yes it will. Even assuming the NPAP is as solid as other stamped receivers, a milled receiver will indeed last longer per BFLV. On top of that the Arsenal barrel is chrome lined, which again will last longer. I'm not saying an average owner will shoot out the barrel of an NPAP or shoot it to the point that the receiver fails, but to say the Arsenal won't last longer is incorrect.
Browning Hi Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #22
CrAKker
Banned

Quote:

I got a response to my email from Atlantic Firearms today. Some have the proof markings on the right side of the rear sight block, others do not. Both of my O and N PAPS had those markings, and I would prefer this one did as well. The one they show on their website has them. I guess I'll roll the bones and see what I get.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:40 AM   #23
mishaco
Curio & Relic

I think I have an NPAP-DF still in stock. If you like, I could ask someone to look at it and check for proof markings for you later today?
As you might imagine, markings themselves aren't my specialty hehe.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #24
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Love all my Npaps. No problems with any of them.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #25
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

I like Zastavas almost as much as Veprs. Zastavas don't get enough love these days.

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
-//////-///
Originally posted by ColonelKorn

According to another long-term ALS survivor, Jason Becker, the disease doesn't affect the ability to lay pipe. Imagine Hawking's robot voice saying, "Yes. Yes. Shake those. Titties. Bitch.."
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #26
CrAKker
Banned

Quote:
I think I have an NPAP-DF still in stock. If you like, I could ask someone to look at it and check for proof markings for you later today?
As you might imagine, markings themselves aren't my specialty hehe.
That would be fantastic Mishaco. Standing bye.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 AM   #27
CrAKker
Banned

Seriously. This could be my last 7.62 AK purchase. Which one, SAM7UF or NPAPDF? I've owned both and arsenal was a better quality product, but the Zastava was pretty damn good as well. For the coin, I'm leaning Zastava.

Last edited by CrAKker; 08-22-2017 at 12:09 AM. Reason: dummy needs to proof read.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #28
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

For what you're wanting one for the NPAP-DF is probably the better option. For whatever reason the fixed stock npaps seem to be of lesser quality, and I wasn't to stoked to hear about battlefield Las Vegas's findings with them, but under normal conditions and based off what other members are reporting I'd say they're fine, the DF being better than the fixed stock.
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote