Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #36
AWS Firearms

AKaholic #: 185378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG*7.62 View Post
These things just aren't meant for cheap bird shot in my mind, when I do its Rio high brass
Mainly buck and slug
Right on point. These guns will devour 00 buck. High brass 1330 runs very well once you break the gun in and find a load the gun likes.

We set our bottom line at 1330 because our testing shows this is where you will maintain reliability all the time. We have had feedback from a customer that after putting about 100 rounds through it is able to cycle Federal Heavy field loads, 1220fps 1 1/4 oz shells. We don't guarantee that performance as our bottom line is clearly outlined, but we are seeing that once these get a little range time they show good potential for lighter loads.
AWS Firearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #37
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

AWS SPETS 12

Spets 12 Video

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 07-22-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #38
Lord Ak-47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 146144

Nice, I am really intrigued so far. Might have to scrap some dollars together.

Any answer about modifying the gas plug?
Lord Ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #39
AWS Firearms

AKaholic #: 185378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ak-47 View Post
Nice, I am really intrigued so far. Might have to scrap some dollars together.

Any answer about modifying the gas plug?
Im sure you can swap plugs for one of those "reliability kit" plugs. How much of a difference it makes I dont know because the pucks are already pretty loose fitting.
AWS Firearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #40
Lord Ak-47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 146144

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS Firearms View Post
Im sure you can swap plugs for one of those "reliability kit" plugs. How much of a difference it makes I dont know because the pucks are already pretty loose fitting.
Thanks for response

Can I get insight how the adjustable brace doesn’t effect the “firearm” status? Is the firearm measurement the barrel to end of receiver?
Lord Ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #41
Deerhurst

AKaholic #: 195346

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS Firearms View Post

In my Saiga 20ga the puck was really tight. Tight enough I really have to keep up on cleaning it as it doesn't take much to seize the puck to where I need a wooden stick to get it out.
Deerhurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #42
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

Folks, these are back in stock at Classic at $929.

Any additional feedback from owners of these pups?

AWS is a new firm for me. Someone mentioned that these are Chinese made, basically the same firm that makes the Lynx shotgun? Is that correct?

What else does AWS make?
Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #43
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

per their website they make other aks.... google em.... imho, the clones are a giant waste of money.... my tristar compact 12 ga bolt carrier is cast and has voids in the casting, will probably snap in half eventually.... tiny rivets in stock trunnion, barrel chamber was sharp right angle so rounds would catch on sharp lip, extractor groove was sharp, rounds would catch on sharp lip..... basically, you get what you pay for. and the russian guns are a literal steal, even with having to drill barrel ports... but the veprs you dont.... basically, you need to all stop buying trash, because thats all will be imported now, is trash.
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #44
Veprz
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 197407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
Folks, these are back in stock at Classic at $929.
That price is obnoxious for a chinese shotgun.
Veprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #45
DoubleStack

AKaholic #: 199317

While most the Chinese Ak shotguns are pretty damn trashy the Lynx is different. It is quality and in my opinion better than the Saiga. Not sure why this short version can’t use low brass ammo though. It has a 13” barrel and you should be able to go down to a 12” barrel and still use low brass with out moving the gas block to the rear if things are done properly. The right gas plug and gas piston replacement would definitely give these a good boost as well. Sadly their just aren’t any good gas plugs or pistons for sale anymore. Basically all that are available now are gimmicks that actually hurt low brass function instead of helping it. It’s what happens when someone copies a working design and makes changes to a product that they don’t understand why it was made the way it was to begin with. If anyone has a V-Plug they should give that a try. If anyone has a Booster piston that would help even more than the V-Plug. If AWS is using the factory Lynx plug they could get a boost by welding up the 4th position of the gas plug. The 3rd position of the plug can handle way more gas than the barrel ports can feed... So that giant cavity of the even larger 4th port is basically doing nothing. Actually it is doing something. It is increasing the gas chamber volume by about 40% or so. That means the gas chamber takes longer to pressurize. That also means that when it does pressurize the projectile is further down the barrel and that peak pressure has dropped considerably. So it hurts function with low brass ammo just by being there. Doesn’t matter if you use it on the 3rd setting either. That 4th setting is still there adding to the gas chamber volume.
DoubleStack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:12 PM   #46
DoubleStack

AKaholic #: 199317

I once designed a piston for the Saiga-12 that would cycle low brass ammo with the V-Plug set on the number 1 setting in a properly ported gun. That setting of the V-Plug shuts off the gas so much that most high brass ammo won’t cycle on it... I designed that piston for some of the Saiga-12’s that were coming in and missing a gas port. I decided not to release it though because I feared people would buy it that didn’t need it think more was better and tear their guns up. I never even posted pictures of that design because I fear others would try and copy it and sell it anyways. I have zero doubt they would have. So many out their just don’t care as long as they have a part to screw you on, hence all the junk after market gas plugs... I’m betting that piston design would run low brass in this gun no problem. Probably would have to tone down the power increase of that original design even to keep this gun from tear itself to pieces...
DoubleStack is online now   Reply With Quote