Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
motoman

AKaholic #: 185703
Default Deguns article

So i was surfing the web about aks, which i often do and i came across an article by Deguns.net titled Top 3 ak47 rifles of 2018. Imagine my surprise when it listed Century as a leader in the market, and the Ras 47 as the best gun. I shit you not. I don't know how to copy it to here but just google whats the best ak47 and you'll find it. So now we know Deguns is not a good place to buy an ak......unless you're looking for a Ras 47.
MAK 90
AK63DS
OPAP M70
VEPR FM 11
WASR 10/63
motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

The internet is full of bullsh**.

I found a "news article" today that was - I sh** you not - a transcribed youtube video of some inane crap.

The youtube was embedded, for the illiterate.

. . . but "news".

As to "Deguns", there are paid mouthpieces everywhere ( we used to call them "gun magazines" )
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:17 AM   #3
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

Article=Commercial

It is great for Leaders, that men can not think for themselves.
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:44 AM   #4
Pheenix11
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187397

You sure it wasn't The Onion?
Pheenix11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:45 AM   #5
HillHopper

AKaholic #: 191569

Can't remember how long it's been since I blew any money on a Shotgun News, or Firearms News or whatever, & if I recall correctly the last copy got dragooned into service during a cat-vomit emergency.
HillHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #6
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

The AK files, and Snipers Hide are where I read my 'articles' at. Pretty much no where else. It's funny that internet forums have become more authoritative sources for information than periodicals.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #7
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Keep in mind that almost everything you see and hear is bullshit on the Internet. Always think for yourself. Stay away from fads like cz-75 obsession, etc.

Remember when the AK was one of the shittiest rifles you could get? 50 years of reliability in known conflicts prove otherwise.

Every gun guy has the cool guy hat and delta force Beowulf beard combined with the pot belly. This should be an instant giveaway red flag signal you are dealing with a poser. Listen to the way they tout their MSR rhetoric and law abiding citizen crap. These are the same people that think that semi autos are good and have a magical difference from full auto counterparts.

Remember the Caracal, R51, then it was the CZ Glock 19? Lately it has been the Sig p365. Watch. All of the Shills will get the guns around the same time and give glowing reviews with minor negatives to make themselves look legit.

Another thing to stay away from is the oddball calibers that pop up every 2-3 years. Remember 6.8 SPC? Now it’s the 6.5’s and 300 for 1 buck per pop. It was 300 whisper before that. There is always some retarded shit.

I try to stay away from gay John wick pistols with RMR sights and 10 inch long barrels and super long base plates.

Terminator 1, the John wick pistol was a 1911 with big mag & a laser

The ultra light AR-15’s suck too because most of the Chris Costa handguards are too flimsy to support an IR laser. They won’t hold a zero. Many of the cool guy ar15’s handguards share even lose if you pick them up.

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
bondmen
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 86277

Hey, what's wrong with CZ-75s anyway?

CAI - Century Arms International apparently has the market power and U$Ds to play the big firearms game by winning friends and influencing peoples.
bondmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
Keep in mind that almost everything you see and hear is bullshit on the Internet. Always think for yourself. Stay away from fads like cz-75 obsession, etc.

Remember when the AK was one of the shittiest rifles you could get? 50 years of reliability in known conflicts prove otherwise.
Yeah, just don't lose your headspace gauges or you'll be looking for a good plastic surgeon who specializes in facial reconstruction.

Just kidding. I find it funny that that's the number one critical catch phrase about garbage guns. Not a lot of video's floating around of face damage resulting from out of battery mishaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post

Every gun guy has the cool guy hat and delta force Beowulf beard combined with the pot belly. This should be an instant giveaway red flag signal you are dealing with a poser. Listen to the way they tout their MSR rhetoric and law abiding citizen crap. These are the same people that think that semi autos are good and have a magical difference from full auto counterparts.

Remember the Caracal, R51, then it was the CZ Glock 19? Lately it has been the Sig p365. Watch. All of the Shills will get the guns around the same time and give glowing reviews with minor negatives to make themselves look legit.

Another thing to stay away from is the oddball calibers that pop up every 2-3 years. Remember 6.8 SPC? Now itís the 6.5ís and 300 for 1 buck per pop. It was 300 whisper before that. There is always some retarded shit.
Sounds a lot like what happens around here when we get a new AK on the
market...

But, 2 of the 3 listed best AK47s are RAS47's...
rbox1064 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutcha View Post
Article=Commercial
This guy gets it.
Ads disguised as news, blogs, and articles are all over the place. Before the internet, it was happening in magazines.

Just ask yourself why a gun (or any other type of) store would be writing a blog post in the first place. A small portion of it is to get clicks and get you to their site and cookie you so they can later show you targeted ads. Another small portion is to build reputation as an expert so when you think of guns, you think of them. The largest (and laziest) reason is to simply feed you lines and try to directly sell you something. This is the marketing machine at work.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #11
Cr4kf0x

AKaholic #: 190445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post
The AK files, and Snipers Hide are where I read my 'articles' at. Pretty much no where else. It's funny that internet forums have become more authoritative sources for information than periodicals.
I totally agree. Any sort of AK thing I need to figure out, I'll never go anywhere but here if I can. Need to research??? All you really have to do is find a nice forum somewhere, develop shill-dar, and wade through the shit posts. I think it's a good thing, as I like discovering data and opinions of real people, not some self-promoting brand.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #12
mason548

AKaholic #: 191450

https://www.deguns.net/Top-3-AK-47-R...018-s/2998.htm

holy hell..the RAS came in first and third place respectively. My vepr and saiga's are going straight to the trash can now
mason548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #13
Trvrswsr1234

AKaholic #: 193880

Well damn do I feel like fool now..... I mean who knew

Maybe I can find a real sucker who will trade me his ras 47 for my shitty sam7 ..... I just hope I don't have to put cash on top to sweeten the deal
Trvrswsr1234 is online now   Reply With Quote