Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Glashaus
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 180938
Default Added Another HK Clone

I bought a Zenith MKE Z5RS earlier this year and I am very impressed with it. I have a PTR 91 GI R and a Century C93 rifle and a C93 pistol as well. I really like the 5.56 HK clones, right now they are my favorite 5.56 to shoot. My Century rifle works well 90% of the time, it is a Century mutt though. When Zenith brought the 5.56 Z43 HK 93 clone to the US I thought that this would be my chance to get a honest to God factory made Mil Spec HK 93 style rifle. I have had several chances to get the real deal over the years but things never quite worked out.

Well it seems like it is taking forever for Zenith to import the Z43 rifle, but the Z43 pistol is here. I figured that now might be a good time to get one before Turkey slides into the abyss of Allah land. I noticed two weeks ago that Atlantic had them up on their GB site saying to email them for the lowest price available. I contacted Blaine, he gave me the price and I said wrap one up, I'll take one.

I picked it up today and it is awesome, just like the Z5RS. Well finished, well made, very cool, very very cool.

It comes with three MKE 30 round mags, nice hard case, HK style assault sling, clamp on optic rail/mount, cleaning kit, extra pins, very detailed manual and birth certificate.

It comes with the slim HK style handguard that I am not too fond of, they tend to get a little warm after shooting a bit. I had ordered a G33 HK wide handguard from RTG and also a sling mount rear pin and a dual clip sling(same set up on my Z5RS). I also moved my SB Tactical SB5 brace from my C93 pistol to my Z43. I will SBR this at some point down the road, it is a great size!

My Z43 and my C93

Z5RS and Z43

And for a size comparison with my PTR 91

The MKE Zenith HK clones are really nice. There is nothing new out there in the AK import world that is stirring up my interest for purchase, hopefully something new will come along, it always seems to!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
js8588

AKaholic #: 176831

js8588 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #3
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379

Pretty sweet tits. I just had my C93 come back from Parabellum Combat Systems, they had to sort out the receiver being bent out of spec and shorten the magwell. If yours is acting up they're a good company to work with. Grats on the new acquisition

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
praxidike

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashaus View Post
I bought a Zenith MKE Z5RS earlier this year and I am very impressed with it. I have a PTR 91 GI R and a Century C93 rifle and a C93 pistol as well. I really like the 5.56 HK clones, right now they are my favorite 5.56 to shoot. My Century rifle works well 90% of the time, it is a Century mutt though. When Zenith brought the 5.56 Z43 HK 93 clone to the US I thought that this would be my chance to get a honest to God factory made Mil Spec HK 93 style rifle. I have had several chances to get the real deal over the years but things never quite worked out.

Well it seems like it is taking forever for Zenith to import the Z43 rifle, but the Z43 pistol is here. I figured that now might be a good time to get one before Turkey slides into the abyss of Allah land. I noticed two weeks ago that Atlantic had them up on their GB site saying to email them for the lowest price available. I contacted Blaine, he gave me the price and I said wrap one up, I'll take one.

I picked it up today and it is awesome, just like the Z5RS. Well finished, well made, very cool, very very cool.

It comes with three MKE 30 round mags, nice hard case, HK style assault sling, clamp on optic rail/mount, cleaning kit, extra pins, very detailed manual and birth certificate.

It comes with the slim HK style handguard that I am not too fond of, they tend to get a little warm after shooting a bit. I had ordered a G33 HK wide handguard from RTG and also a sling mount rear pin and a dual clip sling(same set up on my Z5RS). I also moved my SB Tactical SB5 brace from my C93 pistol to my Z43. I will SBR this at some point down the road, it is a great size!

My Z43 and my C93

Z5RS and Z43

And for a size comparison with my PTR 91

The MKE Zenith HK clones are really nice. There is nothing new out there in the AK import world that is stirring up my interest for purchase, hopefully something new will come along, it always seems to!
Im right there with you brother. Other than maybe the FM Vepr AK47, Im not really interested in anything else domestic or foreign as far as AKs are concerned. ARs are remind me of a great song that's been played on the radio ad nauseam.... I'm just tired of them and tired of hearing about them. I'm also looking into picking up something different and out of the main stream. Nice collection you have there.
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
Lnstrqc85

AKaholic #: 179040

I also acquired a brand new one via trade. These are pretty sweet. I ordered a brace for it from zenith the other day. Can't wait to get it to the range! Congrats on the new acquisition brotha!
Lnstrqc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
norinco671
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 21756

Congrats man you'll enjoy it. after purchasing the z5rs and the quality that went into it....I knew I had to have the 5.56 Z43P

Some Mods to my Z43

Last edited by norinco671; 05-28-2017 at 04:10 PM.
norinco671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

The Z43 is an excellent gun and every bit as good as the HK version congrats but you gotta lose that brace. It's gawdawful hideous. Use the one on the MP5.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Congrats, OP...My wife and I both (awesomely, her even more) want a couple of the Z5RS and Z43 pistols. When I, finally, get around to listing it, we'll be trying to trade a SLR-107UR and maybe a Garand for one or two--which is saying something. Much as I poke fun at the antics of some HK (and their clones) owners, I love the guns. The Zenith MKE are at the top of our list, brand-wise.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #9
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
The Z43 is an excellent gun and every bit as good as the HK version congrats but you gotta lose that brace. It's gawdawful hideous. Use the one on the MP5.
I have been thinking about it but I had that brace too. I have some things in mind for the stocks when I SBR it and the Z5RS
Old 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
Congrats, OP...My wife and I both (awesomely, her even more) want a couple of the Z5RS and Z43 pistols. When I, finally, get around to listing it, we'll be trying to trade a SLR-107UR and maybe a Garand for one or two--which is saying something. Much as I poke fun at the antics of some HK (and their clones) owners, I love the guns. The Zenith MKE are at the top of our list, brand-wise.
I know, some HK folks are a little odd but man once you start shooting the 5.56 and 9mm clones you will know why they like them so much!!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
I know, some HK folks are a little odd but man once you start shooting the 5.56 and 9mm clones you will know why they like them so much!!
Oh, not what I meant...I meant poking at G-3 (mostly, clones) people posting everytime somebody tries to talk about FALs...lol I've used real MP5s--a lot--(military and contracting), and know why they're so loved. I dig certain HK pistols, too (P30s and USP/USPC). Thankfully, my wife has shot a few MP5s enough to want a couple of these Zenith types, too.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #12
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I have some things in mind for the stocks when I SBR it and the Z5RS
Lots of options there...

Reverse stretch

HK33 German made Malaysian military.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #13
panzertruppe
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3934

I sure would like a 223 G3,

Nice pair of 223s glashaus...

panzertruppe
panzertruppe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:00 AM   #14
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Lots of options there...

Reverse stretch

HK33 German made Malaysian military.

Very nice DDNC! The green G33 stock set is awesome!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:19 AM   #15
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Very nice DDNC! The green G33 stock set is awesome!
It's actually desert brown like this one. The jeep it is sitting on is tan, for reference.
IIRC it's either Turkish or UAE, Kuwaiti possibly.
http://www.mkek.gov.tr/Urunler/7sbfLwtm.jpg
Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #16
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
It's actually desert brown like this one. The jeep it is sitting on is tan, for reference.
IIRC it's either Turkish or UAE, Kuwaiti possibly.
http://www.mkek.gov.tr/Urunler/7sbfLwtm.jpg
Very nice combination! Where did you manage to pick that up? Not something that you see everyday!
Old 05-31-2017, 01:21 AM   #17
TexasDave
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
The PTR91FR was a great purchase ... sold out of full power cartridge Kalashnikov pattern rifles and I am not looking back.

I wish I had jumped on the century HK33 clone some years ago. Maybe the Zenith line is something more of us should be looking into?

-Dave
TexasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:43 AM   #18
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

How much did you offer?

I'm trying to hold out for the rifles but that's been going on two years. At least we are starting to see MP5 rifles, so we know it's possible for MKE/Zenith to get them into the country as sporters.
Mattylight30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:00 AM   #19
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Matty , If you are looking for a Zenith model PM us direct for a price quote. They do not have the 43 rifles on deck yet due to a lack of 922 R parts. The pistol with SB Tac brace is a great option

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 05-31-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #20
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Wow. Just wow. These are extremely nice. Is Zenith going to import a 308?

Rainbow 6 Siege on PS4.
Mirkwoodtactical Rank 203

Nalioth is SKYNET.
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #21
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
Wow. Just wow. These are extremely nice. Is Zenith going to import a 308?
I think that they are trying to import a semi auto version of the 7.62x51 MKE MPT-76 which is the new Turkish service rifle. It is taking them forever to get a 922r compliant Z43 rifle imported, so no telling when and if the MPT - 76 will make it over here.

here is a Military Arms Video on the MPT-76, I would buy one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F2F1&FORM=VIRE
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #22
Glashaus
Veteran Member

I finally got my Z43 P out to the range a couple of weeks ago and had a problem. This range trip was mostly about sighing in my M1A that I had just put in a Sage EBR chassis. I brought the Z43 along for a function test.

I loaded it up with some PMC Premier brass case .223 and proceeded to shoot it off a bench on the 50 yard range, pulled the trigger and something didn't feel quite right, the bolt did not cycle, did not eject and load another round, I manually ejected, checked the bore loaded and fired again, same thing, did this a half dozen times, same results, decided to call it a day with that Z43 and concentrate on the other guns that I had brought to the range that day.

When I got home I cleaned the Z43 and gave it a through inspection. Checked the bolt gap and then took the bolt down ,everything looked good. The bolt seemed a little tight in the receiver compared to my C93, but that C93 has had a few rounds through it.

I decided that I needed to take it back to the range with some other ammo before I would talk to Blain from Atlantic. I went to the range yesterday and loaded up some Tula steel case to see how that would work, the Z43 worked like a champ with that cheap crap. Loaded up some of the PMC brass case premiere and again, no go. I will gather up a variety of .223/5.56 next time and see what the Z43 likes, at least it works fine with the cheap stuff!

One word on the SB Tactical SB5 brace That I have on it, it really sucks for iron sights! The angle and distance are all wrong, it would work for a red dot but horrible for irons. I have a SB Tactical SBT5 folding brace on my 9mm Z5RS and that is much better for the use of iron sights. Has anyone used the folding T5 brace on the Z43? I know that the 5.56 are not listed for use with this on SB's web site.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
Tankboy
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 183589

Nice, I'm holding out to see if they'll import an HK53 pistol, that'd go nice with my MP5. That brace is really ugly imo, id swap it out.
Tankboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #24
Glashaus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankboy View Post
Nice, I'm holding out to see if they'll import an HK53 pistol, that'd go nice with my MP5. That brace is really ugly imo, id swap it out.
There is always a Century P93 while you wait for a MKE 53 clone, like mine iin the middle of the picture

Old 07-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #25
Tankboy
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 183589

Ooooh ok, I didn't know about that, thanks! I'll have to give that a look.
Tankboy is offline   Reply With Quote