Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > RPKs and RPDs

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Ak-a-Holic
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 175160
Default Opinions on best optic for scope on an AES10b

What do you guys think would be a good option for a scoped optic on a romy aes10b? Irons are always fun of course, if I where to use a red dot it would be pv01vs or pk-Venezuela. Got a few of em and love em. But I’d like a range reticle.

Good old fashion 4x24 posp? I have a brand spanking new mint 1pn58 scope in the can with all accessories and case and all. Everything works. But not sure if I’d want that big ass scope on there lol unless it’s set up for a stationary night weapon, I may sight in to the rpk and put it away if it gets on the side rail. Did on another rifle. I also got a PO 6x36 vepr scope with the propriety rail I removed and added an SVD type standard side mount, dedicated 7.62x39 scope. Could do that again with an AK mount because that is for my tabuk. Not sure. What say ye boys?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ray

Last edited by Ak-a-Holic; 04-08-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Ak-a-Holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
That One Guy

AKaholic #: 186780

While I guess you're looking for a combloc optic, I will say that the PA 3x prism is worth looking at. I have one on mine, and they go great together. I've only taken mine out to 225 yds, but it was almost too easy to land hits. I like the reticle too.

That One Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Ak-a-Holic
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 175160

I do want combloc however the 3x Prism scope would be my only other alternative. Did you get the “goat fucker combo” or which mount are you using? I was also going to eventually purchase that optic for another rifle I have. How do you like the little “moving shot reticle” to the left and right of the center to “lead” a shot or what have you
Ak-a-Holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #4
That One Guy

AKaholic #: 186780

Sorry, I’ve been working a ton and haven’t been around here much lately, so I just saw your question. I didn’t get the goat fucker combo, but the mount did come from Rob Ski. It a RS Regulate rear biased mount. I forget the model number. My wife got me the 3x prism from amazon for Christmas. I would highly recommend getting one of these, it’s by far my favorite optic I’ve ever used. That said, I’ve finger fucked a handful of combloc optics in person, but I’ve never had the opportunity to shoot thru one.

I haven’t tried the lead dots on the reticle yet. We’re working on implementing a moving target system at my buddy’s range I shoot at, but it won’t be be online until late summer or fall.
That One Guy is online now   Reply With Quote