Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #36
triplestack3

AKaholic #: 196067

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider View Post
Very Cool!
thanks

looks like they are running the sale again: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448973.html
triplestack3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #37
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajj View Post
Pshaaa. After dealing with triggers on AK, FAL, HKs, and the like, An AR trigger is a Cadillac.
I know right? Cracks me the fuck up when I hear guys hold forth about how you gotta have this or that expensive bullshit.

Motherfuckers need to learn how to do trigger jobs on their own damn rifles if you want it smooth, it's easy as hell and it's a valuable learning experience/skill every guy should have. Not much of a rifleman IMO if you can't shoot with the trigger it came with and even less of one if you can't fix it yourself.
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #38
virgil cole
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 102797

I like those 25,000 round rated Barrett AR bolts .
virgil cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:56 PM   #39
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
doing a pistol for $356, don't think i can go lower
Just got in a PSA 10.5 pistol kit all up with Shockwave except lower 259.99 free shipping . PSA lower 39.99 free shipping , total 299.98 still in stock.
Pretty cool deals right now.
smithy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #40
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
I know right? Cracks me the fuck up when I hear guys hold forth about how you gotta have this or that expensive bullshit.

Motherfuckers need to learn how to do trigger jobs on their own damn rifles if you want it smooth, it's easy as hell and it's a valuable learning experience/skill every guy should have. Not much of a rifleman IMO if you can't shoot with the trigger it came with and even less of one if you can't fix it yourself.
Cracks me up that you guys don't understand the purpose of a two stage trigger and the benefit of it over a single stage trigger. You have money to buy a "good BCG" over a not so good BCG. Do you not have money to buy a "good trigger" over a not so good trigger? A good trigger will make a much greater impact in the accuracy and enjoyment in shooting an AR than any BCG will. That is a fact.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #41
WolfsburgBob
2 down, ... and 1 to go!

AKaholic #: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
But then you have to put a $4k optic on it.
$4k optic, PLUS a $1.2k PEQ-14 and then hang $2k of NVG on your head .... so that makes a $350 phosphate PSA M4gery ... about $6.4 million dollars ... but make sure you shoot Barnaul a $2c per thousand.

PS ... These days, my friends ... are 'the good old days of ARs' just like the early 2000s and the AWB sunset in '04 were for AKs.

Tick ... tick ... tick ...
WolfsburgBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:40 AM   #42
Brasky
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187139

My newest build isn't as cheap as I can go but it should be a great rifle for little money.

Anderson lower $63 OTD (I know I could have gotten that cheaper)

Psa complete rifle kit. Nitride 16" barrel, midlength, MOE FDE furniture, psa EPT parts kit, mbus rear sight $330

A couple things I'm adding:

Radian Raptor in discontinued bronze color I snagged from an optics planet deal $32

Magpul MS1 QDM sling from primary arms clearance $40

Qd mlok attachment $10

Magpul vertical grip from primary arms clearance $17

So $492 total. I also have a $180 Scheels branded 1.5-6x scope I got for free from helping a friend move I may add. Not sure how quality it is though

Last edited by Brasky; 08-10-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Brasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #43
KernelKrink
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2036

Latest build is one of those $260 PSA pistol kits, a $32 80% lower from Brownells, $7 PSA AL magazine, and one snapped off $15 carbide end mill! Free shipping on everything. $314. Grabbed a cheap $20 red dot off Ebay for now, it's gotten good reviews though. Oh, and a $6 single point sling.
KernelKrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #44
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelKrink View Post
Latest build is one of those $260 PSA pistol kits, a $32 80% lower from Brownells, $7 PSA AL magazine, and one snapped off $15 carbide end mill! Free shipping on everything. $314. Grabbed a cheap $20 red dot off Ebay for now, it's gotten good reviews though. Oh, and a $6 single point sling.
Nice, man, did you ever think you'd see the day you get an AR pistol for just over 300 bucks? crazy times.....

My cheapie is currently one of those $159 PSA 10.5 uppers, 67 dollah milspec BCG, CH=10 bucks, BUIS=25 bucks. Lower is Anderson=45 bucks, CMT parts kit=42, cheapie pistol tube/buffer/spring/nut/plate=20 bucks, added a magpul slimline carbine handguard for extra length=25.

So i'm at 390 or so, with a riser+TRS-25 it's about 450 or so, not the cheapest i've seen but I started putting it together before prices really cratered.

About to re-do it though, got a 11.5 CHF barrel on the way and an SBA3, replacing some of the cheaper parts with some nicer stuff too.

The wife's new pistol is more expensive, but it turned out super nice, PSA CHF 10.5 upper (had to replace the stripped upper itself for a better fit, again.) Magpul sl handguard and BUIS, PA MD-07, Spikes Viking lower (integral triggerguard) with Spikes parts kit, Spikes billet mag button and NiB battle trigger, KNS ST pins, AIM enhanced bolt catch and QD endplate, Damage Ind. 1.190" 7075 pistol tube and enhanced carbine spring and D-ring QD sling loop, Spikes T2 buffer, and the Doublestar Strongarm pistol brace. I call it the Shield Maiden (a.k.a. the Battle Bitch)
Old 08-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #45
XxthejuicexX

AKaholic #: 194580

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
PSA Premium or bust imo.
I would usually agree but I just wanted a cheap Beater rifle. I would like to find one of their 14.5 Premium uppers on sale.
XxthejuicexX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #46
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Says Mr. nutty-as-a-fruitcake-Q-ANON freak, sorry Burninglegs, but after months of that retarded nonsense I can't take ANYTHING you say seriously. Srsly dude, nothing, I think you got some serious issues.

And I never said anything about buying a "good BCG", it's about as dumbfuck useless as buying a two-stage trigger. They all crack around 20K rounds, that's why we buy spares.

Maybe you should go back to pimping for the alleged Q-Anon.

Quote:
Cracks me up that you guys don't understand the purpose of a two stage trigger and the benefit of it over a single stage trigger. You have money to buy a "good BCG" over a not so good BCG. Do you not have money to buy a "good trigger" over a not so good trigger? A good trigger will make a much greater impact in the accuracy and enjoyment in shooting an AR than any BCG will. That is a fact.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #47
Larryphoto
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170271
Default Budget Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I would usually agree but I just wanted a cheap Beater rifle. I would like to find one of their 14.5 Premium uppers on sale.
I'd like a 14.5 Premium too, I did buy their Premium 10.3" and that SBR will shoot awsome.

Their 16" Nitrite is on sale now for $329, great rifle I bought one 2 weeks ago, great shooter, and it loves Sams (SG) 62gr cheap steel case

Rifle PSA
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...516447333.html

Optic Primary Arms - Red Dot
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...-base-md-rb-ad

SGAmmo
https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-5...ain-fmj-ammo-l

OR because of their awsome sale today at PSA
https://palmettostatearmory.com/amer...m193bk150.html

or ammo and mags
https://palmettostatearmory.com/200-...magazines.html

So if you do it right for right about $1000 you can have a decent rifle, redot sight, 10 magpul mags and 2,200 rounds of ammo.
Larryphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #48
insider
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2882

Amazing what a decent AR you can build these days for under $600!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #49
bravo lima

AKaholic #: 187837

My new low cost beater gun I just slapped together was only $340.00.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...165448396.html free shipping $199.99

PSA EPT MOE LOWER BUILD KIT - 7780997 free shipping $109.99

Anderson striped lower $29.99

Had it out yesterday and ran 5 mags and was ringing dongs at 100 no problem.
bravo lima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #50
AK-104
Stroke My Member

AKaholic #: 162667

PSA has done right by me. My latest is an A4 clone using their nitride barrel and bcg. I've dumped almost 3,000 rounds through it (mostly M193) without a hitch. It has proven every bit as reliable as my LE6920 Colt's and before the red dot was right around $550 with the carry handle.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #51
Czysz

AKaholic #: 183529

My go to rifle is what some would consider a "budget build"

Anderson lower $50
PSA stainless DISSY upper $180
Midwest Industries drop in rail $150
AERO LPK $50
AERO ambi CH $50
AERO buffer tube kit $40
Failzero EXO BCG $160
ST T2 buffer $34
DD fixed rear sight $69

Total: $843

Overall I dont feel like my gun is any less reliable than a factory gun and in the approx 2K rounds since I built it in May its been flawless. Its been through a handful of carbine courses and was used in my departments qualification course since it was built. All in all if you dont skimp in the areas that it matters a "budget gun" is just as good as any other rifle out there within reason.
Czysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #52
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo lima View Post
My new low cost beater gun I just slapped together was only $340.00.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...165448396.html free shipping $199.99

PSA EPT MOE LOWER BUILD KIT - 7780997 free shipping $109.99

Anderson striped lower $29.99

Nice! And that's all you need out of an AR to have plenty fun, though personally I usually shoot at gongs instead of dongs.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:16 AM   #53
Kit Carson

AKaholic #: 195746

If thinking about mounting a red dot on one of those PSA pistols, should I be looking at the ones without A2 front post?
Always heard to stay away from A2 front post if mounting a regular scope.
Kit Carson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 AM   #54
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Carson View Post
If thinking about mounting a red dot on one of those PSA pistols, should I be looking at the ones without A2 front post?
Always heard to stay away from A2 front post if mounting a regular scope.
a red dot will work just fine with an A2 sight post. I won't use a serious use gun without one actually (A2 posts are more durable than front irons, are less prone to shift, and are generally just more reliable in general), but that's just my personal preference.

what you would do with an A2 post is to use a mount that gives 1/3 co-witness. That allows the dot to be higher than the front post and allows you to switch to back up irons by just shifting your cheek down to bring the sight picture back up. After a while you get used to a post being in front and it just kind of fades into the background

at the end of the day it's a personal thing. Some people like NOTHING in the glass's field of view, while others have no problem with it being there.
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 AM   #55
Kit Carson

AKaholic #: 195746

Thank you worm!
Kit Carson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #56
burninglegs

Quote:
Says Mr. nutty-as-a-fruitcake-Q-ANON freak, sorry Burninglegs, but after months of that retarded nonsense I can't take ANYTHING you say seriously. Srsly dude, nothing, I think you got some serious issues.
You have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't believe me, ask any precision shooting gun forum or shooter. Ask someone with more shooting experience and more gun experience than you, as you definitely seem to be a little green behind the ears regarding this topic based on your lack of understanding.

Quote:
The reason crappy single stage triggers suck for precision work is that the heavier the trigger is, the more force is required to move it by the shooter. As the shooter applies force to the blade of the trigger, the tendency is for the muscles in his hand to contract and move the firearm off target. With precision shooting, the barrel needs to be exactly aligned with the target, and any deviation even by a single degree can throw the round completely off target. Precision shooters needed something better.
Quote:
You can imagine a two stage trigger like a gentle hill with a low brick wall at the top and a steep drop on the other side of the wall. A single stage trigger is more like a gigantic wall on a flat plane with the same steep drop on the other side. The tops of both of the walls are level with each other and just as high. The difference is that with the two stage trigger, the shooter only needs to apply a hair more effort to get over that wall having already done the prep work (walking up the gently sloping hill).

That’s where the two stage trigger gets is power. The overall force required to release the firing mechanism is the same in both, but with the two stage trigger you can “prep” the trigger by taking up the slack (walking up the hill and stopping just before the wall), and then once you see your opportunity to take the shot, you only need a hair more pressure to get the job done. Or drop over the wall. Or whatever metaphor I’m using now.

The point is, the final amount of pressure required is much less than with the single stage trigger and greatly reduces the sympathetic muscle contractions that can throw your shot off.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...stage-trigger/

Or if you don't like that article that explains the benefit of a 2 stage trigger over a single stage trigger, there are countless of other articles by other websites if you prefer them more than TAG.

Quote:
And I never said anything about buying a "good BCG", it's about as dumbfuck useless as buying a two-stage trigger. They all crack around 20K rounds, that's why we buy spares.
Sure you did. You said it in post #20 of this thread. You don't remember what you wrote? See below.

Quote:
Good BCG yes, but this idea that you NEED some 200 dollar trigger is retarded, that's a crutch for people that won't put in the time/rounds to learn to work ANY trigger and do it right.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #57
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719
Default Yes

Quote:
OH HELL FUCKING YEAH BURNINGLEGS, 'CAUSE I'M ALL ABOUT SHOOTING MY 300 DOLLAH ANDERSON PARTS BOX MUTT "FOR PRECISION"... totally, i mean that's what this thread is about right? yessiree...all about "shooting for precision"....uh-huh.....

Did Q say everbody needs 'em a 2-stage trigger? 17+Q+223-stage2+laruepoopoo+bob=precision past proved by future

My AR can shoot 700 meters regularly with my Primary Arms prism scope. It is a Tactical sniper

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
-//////-///

AR-15s suck.
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #58
Stoned_Oli
King of S'Marm
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157099

Quote:
Nice! And that's all you need out of an AR to have plenty fun, though personally I usually shoot at gongs instead of dongs.
https://youtu.be/NnHcgsKDT5g?t=2m21s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Learned Hand
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
...If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:04 AM   #59
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

AKaholic #: 177161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo lima View Post

I guess it all depends on whether they are white dongs, or black dongs or Asian dongs.
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
lastlaugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #60
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:

Sure you did. You said it in post #20 of this thread. You don't remember what you wrote? See below.
I know what I said goober, and that statement does not in any way shape or form suggest going out and buying a BCG that costs twice as much. I use the ones that come with the uppers I buy unless they are just trash, the whole ZOMFGNiBnickelteflon bullshit is as dumbfuck as you insisting on a two-stage trigger for an AR.

Just admit it, you don't have any trigger skill to speak of, so like most lazy fuckers these days, you think you can throw money at the issue and it will make up for your lack of practice, experience and skill.

It won't.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #61
burninglegs

Quote:
I know what I said goober, and that statement does not in any way shape or form suggest going out and buying a BCG that costs twice as much. I use the ones that come with the uppers I buy unless they are just trash, the whole ZOMFGNiBnickelteflon bullshit is as dumbfuck as you insisting on a two-stage trigger for an AR.

Just admit it, you don't have any trigger skill to speak of, so like most lazy fuckers these days, you think you can throw money at the issue and it will make up for your lack of practice, experience and skill.

It won't.
Of course I can't shoot a mil-spec single stage trigger better than I can shoot a match grade 2 stage trigger. That holds true for everyone. It is a matter of simple physics. A 2 stage trigger is able to tighten up your groups compared to a single stage mil spec trigger based on how both of them are designed. I tried providing the information above so that you could better inform yourself and not come across as a wacky kook on this subject. But apparently you have zero interest in actually learning.

There is a reason precision rifles come with match grade 2 stage triggers and not mil spec triggers. Because they make a large difference.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:02 PM   #62
Killface45
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 181879

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgBob View Post
$4k optic, PLUS a $1.2k PEQ-14 and then hang $2k of NVG on your head .... so that makes a $350 phosphate PSA M4gery ... about $6.4 million dollars ... but make sure you shoot Barnaul a $2c per thousand.

PS ... These days, my friends ... are 'the good old days of ARs' just like the early 2000s and the AWB sunset in '04 were for AKs.

Tick ... tick ... tick ...
I'm just glad I'm old enough this time around to buy gun stuff. And lucky enough to have found this forum where people share the deals they find. I have no doubt in my mind this is the calm before the storm. An under $400 ar is just ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #63
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Parted out a shipped $320 AR15 build today from PSA. I dont know how PSA does it but hot damn they need to hurry up and release those 9mm AK before I spend my funds.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #64
Claymore
Right-Winger with a Rifle

AKaholic #: 186415

I've got two PSA Freedom mid-lengths, both with nitrided barrels. Both were around $400. Both are utterly reliable and accurate.

John 14:6

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #65
Claymore
Right-Winger with a Rifle

AKaholic #: 186415

Legs. CMV barrel, 158 carpenter bolt, 7075 upper and lower and you are good to go.

You want a fancy trigger? Go for it.

But there is nothing a DD, Colt, PSA Premium, etc. can do that a PSA Freedom can't.

Heck, even a Poverty Pony will get the job done.

It's right up there with some guys buying Rifle Dynamics because it is "tuned".

Give me a combat rifle that works and won't break the bank.

John 14:6

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #66
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:

precision rifles
Good lord, I can't believe you are this dense, nobody can be that ignorant, you must just be trolling like a sorehead now.

NOBODY IS TALKING "PRECISION RIFLES" HERE GOOBER!

The very title of this thread leaves absolutely NO ILLUSIONS WHATSOEVER as to it's intent and content, what part of that is so ridiculously hard for you to grasp?

I would submit that this section of the forum, and the AK Files in general, is not a bunch of goddam bench-siesta gear-queer weeners that shoot maybe 100 rounds total in year while mostly sitting on their ass, and doing the most boring from of shooting imaginable....fuck i'd play golf or watch paint dry before i'd spend retarded amounts of time trying to shrink a one inch hole into a half inch hole.

For fuck's sake go get yourself an arfcom account, this forum is for guys who can actually shoot.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #67
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
But there is nothing a DD, Colt, PSA Premium, etc. can do that a PSA Freedom can't.
Durability, extra testing, and mil-spec come to mind. Every single difference between mil-spec and the freedom line was a cost-cutting decision. The bean counters weighed the "how much will this affect the average shooter who only fires 60 rounds a year" against the "how much cheaper can we sell the gun for". They did not make one single change with the goal being to improve the gun.

Chrome lining the barrel? Nope, too expensive.
CHF barrel? Nope, those machines are too expensive.
Chrome lining the bolt carrier? Fuck no, that costs money.
Paying somebody to perform MPI and HPT? Fuhgetaboutiiiiiit. In the small chance that the thing breaks, we'll warranty it.

Nothing wrong with owning a poverty pony. There is something wrong with trying to convince yourself and everybody else its every bit as good as the real thing.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #68
insider
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2882

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
Durability, extra testing, and mil-spec come to mind. Every single difference between mil-spec and the freedom line was a cost-cutting decision. The bean counters weighed the "how much will this affect the average shooter who only fires 60 rounds a year" against the "how much cheaper can we sell the gun for". They did not make one single change with the goal being to improve the gun.

Paying somebody to perform MPI and HPT? Fuhgetaboutiiiiiit. In the small chance that the thing breaks, we'll warranty it.

Nothing wrong with owning a poverty pony. There is something wrong with trying to convince yourself and everybody else its every bit as good as the real thing.
Really? Nitride is better than chrome lined.
CHF barrel, OK can't beat that!
Use Toolcraft BCG's
You get what you pay for!
All the companies take shortcuts somewhere, they are all in it for a profit.
Unless you are buying a battle ready full auto weapon, you are buying nothing more than a casual shooter plinker regardless of the brand name.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #69
AK-104
Stroke My Member

AKaholic #: 162667

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post

Last I checked, my Colt LE6920's have button rifled barrels, not cold hammer forged. As for the chrome lining, I am convinced that nitriding (inside and out) offers at least equal corrosion resistance and better accuracy due to a more even application. Chrome lining of the bolt carrier, yep... My PSA has that, gas key too. Oh, the bolt is also marked HPT/MP. This is on a Freedom line 20 inch upper mated to a fixed stock equipped lower that was put together for a fraction of the cost of either of my Colt's.

158 Carpenter steel bolt, grade 8 fasteners, properly staked gas key, F marked front sight base, 4150 Chromoly steel barrel, 5.56 chamber, M4 feed ramps, M16 profile bolt carrier. All standard stuff on both my Colt's, and my PSA. I fail to see where the chrome lined barrel as opposed to the nitrided barrel justifies an additional cost of about $400.00 considering that is the only difference in specs I am aware of between the two.

You might gain something from the likes of Knights, or Daniel Defense, but I am convinced that PSA is an equal to Colt as an owner of both.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #70
bravo lima

AKaholic #: 187837

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-104 View Post
Last I checked, my Colt LE6920's have button rifled barrels, not cold hammer forged. As for the chrome lining, I am convinced that nitriding (inside and out) offers at least equal corrosion resistance and better accuracy due to a more even application. Chrome lining of the bolt carrier, yep... My PSA has that, gas key too. Oh, the bolt is also marked HPT/MP. This is on a Freedom line 20 inch upper mated to a fixed stock equipped lower that was put together for a fraction of the cost of either of my Colt's.

158 Carpenter steel bolt, grade 8 fasteners, properly staked gas key, F marked front sight base, 4150 Chromoly steel barrel, 5.56 chamber, M4 feed ramps, M16 profile bolt carrier. All standard stuff on both my Colt's, and my PSA. I fail to see where the chrome lined barrel as opposed to the nitrided barrel justifies an additional cost of about $400.00 considering that is the only difference in specs I am aware of between the two.

You might gain something from the likes of Knights, or Daniel Defense, but I am convinced that PSA is an equal to Colt as an owner of both.
I approve of this message.......
bravo lima is online now   Reply With Quote