Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 03:37 AM   #106
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

Moral of the story?

Buy more than you need when you can get them at a price that you're willing to pay.
I need more Yugo steel mags and they're going for some outlandish prices.

Don't wait. Just get them and then it's one less thing that you've got to worry about later.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:44 AM   #107
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan326 View Post
Moral of the story?

I need more Yugo steel mags .

Don't we all

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=39
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #108
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrog210 View Post
Don't we all
my yugos are the SHIT. I like them more than any other mag out there. I got 40 of the yugo surplus that Aim had a few months back and another 22 of the newer Zastava mags. Both are my go to mags (outside of my Magpul gen 3s) and are built like veritable TANKS
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #109
AK74NOLA
Flashy’s Idol.

AKaholic #: 193147

Quote:
As far as on the Files :
Facefucks came to the board peddling there mags at Facefuck prices ,which in turn brought new Facefucks to the board to buy them causing artificial inflation. Most don't feel the sense of brotherhood or community here and are just looking for a buck. Fuck 'em . IMO of course

Invest in the forum and contribute to the conversation ,I'll purchase your stuff at a decent price. Come here just to peddle your stuff in our MP and post nowhere else on the board , i pass those by 99.9% of the time.
In fact i think only once i bought from a guy who only posted in the MP.

Brother Fuckers go on a list.

Isnt that the point of selling an item is to make a buck? This isnt a charity hobby and shit isnt going to be handed out for pennies.

The mags i see on facebook are really not inflated , and 95% of the time its guys who have really nice quality mags. Or extremely rare mags that you dont see often. Its expected they will price them high.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #110
catmando

AKaholic #: 194694

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
Isnt that the point of selling an item is to make a buck? This isnt a charity hobby and shit isnt going to be handed out for pennies.

The mags i see on facebook are really not inflated , and 95% of the time its guys who have really nice quality mags. Or extremely rare mags that you dont see often. Its expected they will price them high.
This^^^^^. Anyone that tells you there not is spinning a yarn a mile long!
catmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #111
cztulsa
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Was the "choke-a-matic" mag a Gen3?
Had to look it up, as I don't mess with them enough to know the difference. Has the "dot matrix" grid at the bottom, so I'm guessing Gen 3?
Old 07-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #112
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by cztulsa View Post
Had to look it up, as I don't mess with them enough to know the difference. Has the "dot matrix" grid at the bottom, so I'm guessing Gen 3?
they don't make gen 3 magpuls in 20 round varieties. Only the MOE gen "1" had the 20 rounders I believe
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #113
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmando View Post
This^^^^^. Anyone that tells you there not is spinning a yarn a mile long!
Thanks for proving my point new guys. Spinning a yarn, i don't think so.
There are plenty of Filers on here that will give away stuff,price things at cost,sell things for less than cost, even trade,trade at a loss. I have done each of those multiple times,and had Filers grace me with the same.

There is a Filer in this very thread that has attested to this, you can search out any buyer or trader on my ITrader and I'm sure they will say the same.

I do appreciate you two board members proving me right about Facebooger and the lack of "sense of brotherhood and community" so you guys go ahead and make your buck , meanwhile I'll continue what i do here.

ETA:Sorry but I'm actually sadden by this dickpussy , after the way you took your licks like a man here and after reading your post over the last few months you seemed like a good guy ( and i don't doubt that you are) this is why i helped you correctly label those items in your WTS add. So you didn't look totally uninformed. Don't let the name calling turn you off to the community here.

Of course everything above this is all just my opinion and to use a brothers line it's worth what you paid for it .

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group

Last edited by bigrog210; 07-15-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:03 AM   #114
paulbow

AKaholic #: 194329

I wish I had gotten on the 5.45 bandwagon sooner, oh well. Magpul makes a decent 5.45 mag for $10-12.
paulbow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #115
AK74NOLA
Flashy’s Idol.

AKaholic #: 193147

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point new guys. Spinning a yarn, i don't think so.
There are plenty of Filers on here that will give away stuff,price things at cost,sell things for less than cost, even trade,trade at a loss. I have done each of those multiple times,and had Filers grace me with the same.

There is a Filer in this very thread that has attested to this, you can search out any buyer or trader on my ITrader and I'm sure they will say the same.

I do appreciate you two board members proving me right about Facebooger and the lack of "sense of brotherhood and community" so you guys go ahead and make your buck , meanwhile I'll continue what i do here.
Well those very few people you speak of must like throwing money away, and can have fun throwing away money to make some stranger they never meet have a sense of “brotherhood”. This is a hobby of AK firearms collecting. Some of which are extremely limited in a supply or are extremely rare in this country. Feel free to give stuff away for free or pennies. Thats your opinion.

But calling out people who actually want to get what they paid for back, or make a few dollars off a no supply, highly desired item(s), is ignorance.

Just this week on facebook, a Chinese star type 61 20 round magazine sold for $1500.

With your logic , the seller should of sold it for $60 to make everyone feel accepted into the “brotherhood”.

So ridiculous.. it’s hilarious.

Edit: I appreciated that Big, im not a know all end all on All AK countries origins.

Last edited by AK74NOLA; 07-15-2018 at 09:36 AM.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #116
catmando

AKaholic #: 194694

Okay since bigrog210 says brother filers will give away there items to help other filers I'm enclosing my list.

2 Russian border guard bayonets.
2 Russian border guard magazines.
3 Bosnian magazines.
Hope I'm not being to greedy. I'm sure these items will come right away for free.
catmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #117
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:

But calling people who actually want to get what they paid for back, or make a few dollars off a no supply, highly desired item(s), is ignorance.
I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean , did you forget a few words or something?

ETA : one word sure does make a difference I'll tell ya . BTW i called no-one out. Don't "put words in my month " please.

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group

Last edited by bigrog210; 07-15-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #118
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:
Just this week on facebook, a Chinese star type 61 20 round magazine sold for $1500.

With your logic , the seller should of sold it for $60 to make everyoen feel accepted into the “brotherhood”.

So ridiculous.. it’s hilarious.

Edit: I appreciated that Big, im not a know all end all on All AK countries origins.
Facebook √
New guy √

Its not my logic , i stated what I and other Filers have done for each other.

First off this is for everyone , words have meaning and mine should be taken at face value ,please do not imply i have stated something i have not. Also realize that i typed in my post that this is my opinion , i believe i stated that two or three times already. If anyone would like to start a pissing match I'm always downstairs .

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-15-2018, 09:44 AM   #119
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:
Okay since bigrog210 says brother filers will give away there items to help other filers I'm enclosing my list.

3 Bosnian magazines.
Hope I'm not being to greedy. I'm sure these items will come right away for free.
Yeah , "brother Filers" thanks again for proving my point board member.

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #120
Hoginme
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174111

Quote:

3 Bosnian magazines.
Bigrog has a point about this is a brotherhood and many of us are here to help each other out. Would I help you or just give you something just because you “want” something I don’t know.

I do know that I have helped a few people here by just giving them something or made trades with people and not came out on top. I don’t really care about something like that if I can help a brother, out so be it. I have even helped a fellow brother out person to person and helped them and their family out, I made a new brother and a friend that I speak to every once in awhile still. I know that he would help me out in return if I ever needed it. I’ve had a few brothers even offer to come to my house to help me with projects I’ve worked on before just because that’s the way it is here with the majority of us.
Hoginme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #121
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

After my first post in this thread i decided to come back to help someone,
No one knew of my intentions .
I left options ,someone chose not to put in the effort.
I probably side tracked it with my AR noobnis and i apologize for all hijacking of your thread OP.

Just because you want to make a lot of $$ doesn't mean that , that is the mindset of everyone here. You should try what i do every once in a while .

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #122
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoginme View Post
Bigrog has a point about this is a brotherhood and many of us are here to help each other out. Would I help you or just give you something just because you “want” something I don’t know.

I do know that I have helped a few people here by just giving them something or made trades with people and not came out on top. I don’t really care about something like that if I can help a brother, out so be it. I have even helped a fellow brother out person to person and helped them and their family out, I made a new brother and a friend that I speak to every once in awhile still. I know that he would help me out in return if I ever needed it. I’ve had a few brothers even offer to come to my house to help me with projects I’ve worked on before just because that’s the way it is here with the majority of us.
Well crap look who showed up , you may not remember me. But you did exactly this for me when i was new here . Your actually my second transaction here . People like you ,Irierider,Richardmofo,TP,chknfkr,Bad Element,Sneakers1971,MI redneck,Old sarge,skipbo,Classic Rocks ,Kazzbomb,Rmiller. And countless more all paved the way for me to do the same and expand on it.

If anyone here thinks I make any money by doing CTAK shoots they're totally wrong , if anyone thinks i come out ahead by doing a " pay it forward thread " you're wrong too.

I appreciate everything that was done for me here by brother Filers , and i can only hope to repay them by passing on what they gave me. Brotherhood.

And Burdette if you're watching , we're coming for you.

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-15-2018, 10:37 AM   #123
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

99% of all sales and purchases are people selling items at their comfort level or relative to what they have in the item and based on market values at the time.

Likewise a buyer decides what level of cost to spend on an item.
Friendship or brotherhood entail a negligible part of the marketplace transactions. Most sales are generic offering of products.

Helping out a member is great and often takes place off line from any marketplace offerings as a one-on-one basis. It has very little impact on magazine costs, values and widespread sale costs.
Doing a favor for a member is not uncommon and is great. However it has little to do with the commerce on this board.

There will always be high asking prices from some sellers and some bargains to be had or someone willing to pay a higher price than the next guy.

Supply and demand will generally define/dictate price rise and fall in the majority of sales.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #124
FOW1

AKaholic #: 180149

Supply and demand dictate the market price. Suppliers say that the supply isn't what it used to be and they are paying higher prices. So, they pass that on to the consumer. Will a hoard of surplus mags show up again in the near future? Maybe. But more than likely, probably not. Surplus AK mags are still very affordable, even at the current prices.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." - Patrick Henry
FOW1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #125
Stereodude

AKaholic #: 196373

Quote:
Originally Posted by cztulsa View Post
The Gen 3 ones have the metal tabs on them. The ones without metal tabs are not Gen 3. AFAIK, only 30 round AK mags are available with the metal tabs.
Stereodude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #126
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 137433

Quote:
Moral of the story?

Buy more than you need when you can get them at a price that you're willing to pay.
.................................................. .................................................. ......

Don't wait. Just get them and then it's one less thing that you've got to worry about later.
One other reason to buy a lot of mags is that it weakens the gun grabbers' case for banning them. The more standard capacity mags in circulation the less effective any restrictions on them will be. There are probably already hundreds of millions of magazines out there that hold more than 10 rounds which means any ban would be very difficult to enforce. It would be even tougher with a billion!The more we buy the more surplus military mags various importers will bring in, the more Gen 3 mags Magpul will make and the more companies like Pro Mag will up their game.
Charlemagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:26 PM   #127
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
The Gen 3 ones have the metal tabs on them. The ones without metal tabs are not Gen 3. AFAIK, only 30 round AK mags are available with the metal tabs.
If they came out with 40's or drums with the reinforcements I'd definitely be stocking those up ( if they worked properly of course).

Maybe we'll see it now that promag came out with a drum.

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #128
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350339

Get em while you can folks

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #129
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
In the process of buying 10 steel surp mags from another member.

I prefer yugo as befer stated.
Best price I can locate is $14.75 and up.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #130
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
In the process of buying 10 steel surp mags from another member.

I prefer yugo as befer stated.
Best price I can locate is $14.75 and up.
First off , i saw Boomdoc bump his add . In my experience and some others i have spoken with his description is way off . In my personal experience i ordered 10 with the same description he has now and all but 4 were unusable due to swollen side plates at the feed lips . All were covered I mean covered in rust and serious pitting . However i have heard from another buddy that he got great ones on his order of 10. In fact he is the only one out of 6 people i have spoken with about this. I spoke on this in the MP douchebag sellers thread.

Take that for what it is . Honestly i would like to hear your experience after you receive them. Good luck

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #131
brawny
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187460

Zekeshoots just dropped a video on kci mags. He states they're not surplus quality but they may do in a pinch and seem to be upping their game.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Do you even agency, bro?
brawny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #132
Vepr7.62x54

AKaholic #: 185728

I don't see much mention of the Croatian steel mags for $10.95 at Aim Surplus, surprisingly. I ordered five of them when they had a weekend discount. They were $8.95, apiece, and they even threw in an unissued-looking leather Czech four-mag pouch at no extra cost. It was really decent of them to do that.
Vepr7.62x54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #133
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

Free pouches are always sweet. Mags gotta have a home right?

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
Old 07-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #134
MfnManifest

AKaholic #: 194817

Quote:

3 Bosnian magazines.
Nah, you're just a faggot
Old 07-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #135
shajopma
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171347

^^^

Good luck with that, noob.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #136
Vepr7.62x54

AKaholic #: 185728

Quote:
Free pouches are always sweet. Mags gotta have a home right?
They sure do. They take up a lot of space in the range bag, and the pouches make transporting them all a heck of a lot easier.

Those Croat mags worked well when I hand-cycled A-Zoom snap caps through my Wasr.

The bolt hold-open followers caused problems with the FM 47-11, as I expected they would, but it doesn't like the Yugos with the bolt hold-opens, either. Strangely enough, though, it likes the old gray Korean mags.
Vepr7.62x54 is offline   Reply With Quote