Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-74s

Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #106
Gaddywack
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 166488

Yotes ripped up my brothers 80lb lab pretty bad. About a 10" long tear in the shoulder. 30 some stitches and couple hundred $$ vet bill. He has now popped a few from his bedroom window with the AR.

Yotes are bad news scavengers that have become a big problem. There were none around when I was a kid. Just in the last 10 years the population has blown up. Guys in my area now hunt them with dogs and gps tracking collars.

They are running all over the place in Suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Lots of reports about letting little ankle biter pets out to do their business and next thing you see is it's being carried across the yard by a yote.
Gaddywack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 AM   #107
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 182786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
I don't give a rats ass what some of these neckbeards think.
Are you sure you don't mean "okie dickheads"?

As far as the coyote finally being dispatched..........................pics or it didn't happen.

I'll never sugar coat anything...................unless you're paying extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugroza View Post
In all seriousness I cant tell whether some of you are simply blind, ignorant or stupid..
DEFCON 4.6
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #108
Ed in Alaska
Senior Master-Bitcher

AKaholic #: 183760

A coyote won't attack a human? LMFAO! That is sort of like that nonsense that you hear down south about "there are no recorded instances of any wolf in North America attacking humans".. BULLSHIT!!!... it is a common event in Alaska. They killed and ate a teacher a couple years ago while she was cross country skiing. Pieces of her were spread for over half a mile.

She was an outsider up here on teacher's contract in one of the villages, and probably failed to understand why even our children are armed. They ended up having to thin that pack out because they were becoming rather bold. Well shit, it worked before, humans are easy to catch, and a lot less dangerous than moose too. You see one alone, shadow it for a few miles, if nothing goes bang and you don't smell gun oil or powder, then the dinner bell basically rings itself!

Thucydides
History of the Peloponnesian War (ca 410 )

" Being a professional I prepare for a technically proficient, well trained, well equipped, and well supplied enemy, but I would prefer a poorly trained idiot with a shitty weapon and no logistical support."

4/80 - 5/08 : U.S. Navy

Hooo-yaaaah!
Ed in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #109
Ed in Alaska
Senior Master-Bitcher

AKaholic #: 183760

[QUOTE=Gaddywack;4005068]Yotes ripped up my brothers 80lb lab pretty bad. About a 10" long tear in the shoulder. 30 some stitches and couple hundred $$ vet bill. QUOTE]

Up here your 80lb lab is not even safe from eagles. Baldies won't bother it, normally, but Goldens will dust-walk an 80lb Fido if they can catch it totally off guard and have a good hit on it, say a nice 30mph smack down.

Thucydides
History of the Peloponnesian War (ca 410 )

" Being a professional I prepare for a technically proficient, well trained, well equipped, and well supplied enemy, but I would prefer a poorly trained idiot with a shitty weapon and no logistical support."

4/80 - 5/08 : U.S. Navy

Hooo-yaaaah!
Ed in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #110
SIG-em
Krieg Hündchen

AKaholic #: 185533

It is my understanding tbat former Governor Rick Perry (Texas) was attacked by a coyote while walking his dog. He of course was healed with a pistol, so......

Those bastards have stalked me while walking my wifes little mouse-dog. They give three fucks about humans, dogs, chickens or otherwise. They are ruthless killers. They have killed countless of my chickens and guineas, they are to be dispatched on sight. Kill them all.

Last edited by SIG-em; 05-03-2017 at 03:12 PM.
SIG-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #111
Coats
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 188748

Who said a Yote wont attack a human that's just as bad as saying the PA Game Commission introduced them into PA to regulate the deer herd LOL

I was calling from the ground with my back against a tree when I got that feeling you know...when your friggin hairs stand up on the back of your neck. I craned my neck around and sure enough that fucker was ten ft from me staring. No time to swing the rifle Mr. 1911 came out of the jackass rig and barked 8 times. Cool story right? Would have been cooler if I would have got him
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote