Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
pre1989
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
pre1989's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175922
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 3,652
Default Need a cheep commercial 40 round mag for fun?

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bulg...-ak-40-rd-mags

Yeah I know old sweaty ben ....If you just get one its 11 bucks shipped buy more don't shipping sucks

And yeah cheep crap range mags but if you want a cheep blaster mag////
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor
 
Longshot725's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168398
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 48152
Posts: 4,714
Default

Might as well go for 47 rounds of fun: https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak47rdthermold
__________________
μολών λαβέ

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Buy a Key Chain for Rilee!!! http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327470
Longshot725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 39,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot725 View Post
Might as well go for 47 rounds of fun: https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak47rdthermold
. . . except those aren't much fun.

The 30 round Thermolds works great, however.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #4
Brasky
Veteran Member
 
Brasky's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 187139
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,828
Default

I only paid $18 a piece for two Romanian 40 rounders and one Chinese 40 rounder at a local shop so I'll skip the junk
Brasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
MIG*7.62
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 192572
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Shop or Lake
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
. . . except those aren't much fun.

The 30 round Thermolds works great, however.
I only have one of the 47rd ones..works fine. However I trust it about the same as any non surplus mag
MIG*7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #6
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor
 
Longshot725's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168398
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 48152
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
. . . except those aren't much fun.

The 30 round Thermolds works great, however.
Yes, I own a few of them. I've never used them because they will not fit my rifles.
__________________
μολών λαβέ

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Buy a Key Chain for Rilee!!! http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327470
Longshot725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM   #7
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: where I belong at the moment
Posts: 4,373
Default

So would you rather have the 40rd polymer Bulgarian ("high quality") or a 40rd steel made in South Korea for a few bucks more?
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo

Quote:
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein
DEFCON 2.5
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #8
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 39,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
So would you rather have the 40rd polymer Bulgarian ("high quality") or a 40rd steel made in South Korea for a few bucks more?
The OP is not linking us to anything of "high quality".

The link in the OP goes to the slabsided variant of the infamous "bulgarian bullet mags" ( i.e. "known commercial garbage" ).

Yes, it's made in Bulgaria.

No, it's nowhere near "military specification".
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:57 AM   #9
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: where I belong at the moment
Posts: 4,373
Default

It states "high quality" on the website.
If it's on the internet it must be true. Right?
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo

Quote:
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein
DEFCON 2.5
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:19 AM   #10
ThunderGod
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
ThunderGod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 62
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 7,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
https://www.classicfirearms.com/bulg...-ak-40-rd-mags

Yeah I know old sweaty ben ....If you just get one its 11 bucks shipped buy more don't shipping sucks

And yeah cheep crap range mags but if you want a cheep blaster mag////
Pull the guts, epoxy the follower and floorplate in place, paint em yellow, add a DelMonte sticker, sell em as "Banana Clips" on Ebay to Cuckflakes.
__________________
"Sounded as tho' there was a bit of a squabble." Blind Pew
"Squabble? They're all dead!" Mister Moon
"All? Must 'ave been more of a tiff, then." Blind Pew

URCX: Your Best Friend on the Internet!

Neither Bee, nor Borg.
ThunderGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #11
wormraper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 192990
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGod View Post
Pull the guts, epoxy the follower and floorplate in place, paint em yellow, add a DelMonte sticker, sell em as "Banana Clips" on Ebay to Cuckflakes.
lol, I've done that with the sand colored Pmags.... some good yellow rit dye and a chiquita banana symbol on the side and I can sell em for $30-$40
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #12
MIG*7.62
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 192572
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Shop or Lake
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
The OP is not linking us to anything of "high quality".

The link in the OP goes to the slabsided variant of the infamous "bulgarian bullet mags" ( i.e. "known commercial garbage" ).

Yes, it's made in Bulgaria.

No, it's nowhere near "military specification".
Better than taco Mags
MIG*7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #13
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 39,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
It states "high quality" on the website.
If it's on the internet it must be true. Right?
Being as it's Classic, it's a wonder it doesn't say "last shipment ever!" and other FUD statements and/or outright lies intended to drive sales.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #14
pre1989
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
pre1989's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175922
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 3,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Being as it's Classic, it's a wonder it doesn't say "last shipment ever!" and other FUD statements and/or outright lies intended to drive sales.


I assume the dusting of magic ben sweat makes it run better and faster
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles