Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
gaigeboyd

AKaholic #: 195191
Default LGS ACOG find

Probably not the right section but figured it would get seen easier here. 700 OTD. Trijicon ACOG with what I believe is an RMR on top. Not sure really. Havenít had to much of a chance to play with it. Oh the joys at working at a gun store.

https://imgur.com/a/2ngvr8d

Iíll post better photos tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
bjonesgtaw

AKaholic #: 157802

That's a killer deal if it isn't a knock off
bjonesgtaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
Larryphoto
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170271

Run the serial number before you buy it, Trijicon will run it. I sent one in for updating the radium and they run the numbers first to make sure it was a legit scope and not stolen.

If clear, thats a great price.
Larryphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
gaigeboyd

It is the real deal. Now to see if I’ll be the first to warranty it
Old 09-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
hoovdizzle

AKaholic #: 181475

jesus, that's a hell of a deal. well done!

"Let the retards buy retarded rifles so at least they die faster if we go to war against retards" -Sabre5G
hoovdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
gaigeboyd

I’m excited to put it on a rifle. Now to decide on my S&W carbine or colt 20in
Old 09-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

That look just like the ones I've been buying off ebay from china for $80. But if trijicon says its real, go for it.

Mine even arrived the same as in your photo. The little peep sight beside the RMR is mounted backwards from every other picture of a real acog I could find. I swapped mine around by loosening the screw.

ETA-
Looks like I even got the same serial number as you. You think they'll warranty mine, too?

Side by side.

If you zoom in real good on the product images, this knockoff has the same serial, too. And its peep sight is backwards.

Last edited by giantpune; 09-11-2018 at 09:40 PM.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
Brasky
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187139

I hope he didn't actually pay $700 for that then. There's a few good reasons I don't buy used optics
Brasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
gaigeboyd

Thanks for that. And no I didn’t get it yet. Had it on layaway. I’ll be sure to tell the owner so we can properly mark it. I wasn’t at work when they got it. Came in on an AR. Thanks! I didn’t have time to call them. What threw me off was the box and lense pen and manual. Unless the clones come with that too. GiantPrune you saved me some serious money and I’ll make sure Thursday that it get marked right
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #10
LEUVUK

AKaholic #: 162897

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
That look just like the ones I've been buying off ebay from china for $80. But if trijicon says its real, go for it.

Mine even arrived the same as in your photo. The little peep sight beside the RMR is mounted backwards from every other picture of a real acog I could find. I swapped mine around by loosening the screw...
Just wondering how many rounds you fired with that scope and how does it hold zero.

God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the Gift of God? - Thomas Jefferson
LEUVUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #11
gaigeboyd

Would like to know how it’s held up as well. Cause if I get this for the correct price it still might be worth it.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #12
giantpune
Curio & Relic

I only have a few hundred rounds through mine and its still holding up fine. The taofledermaus guys on youtube ran one on top of a pump 12ga shotgun and it held up for them. Even as a knockoff, its a pretty decent price. You get a picatinny mount for the rmr, so basically 2 plinking optics for $80. I believe, but havent verified yet, that the mounting pattern for the knockoff RMR is different than a real RMR. When you get the fake RMR beside a real one, its obvious they are not the same.

Mine have not been coming with the manual, box, and whatever a lense pen is. They just show up in a cardboard box with black foam padding. I wonder if some crackhead bought some accessories to help make their fake one seem legit and pawned it off on your store.

Really, my only complaint so far is it didn't fit down inside this carry handle. I had to hit it with a sander to make it skinnier so it would fit.

Last edited by giantpune; 09-11-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #13
gaigeboyd

No clue really. I only work there part time and only know it came in mounted on a rifle
Old 09-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #14
Garik
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179998

Donít ACOGs typically have a bible verse on them too?
Garik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #15
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

I was waiting to see more pics before I commented when you first posted. But yeah, looks like a fake. Even the mount thumb screw look cheap. Real one should have raised "Trijicon Acog" and I thing raised "Made in USA" under laser engraving.
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #16
Orpheus
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garik View Post
Donít ACOGs typically have a bible verse on them too?
Ever since the materialists raised a stink about it, ones purchased by the .gov dont. I think some non .gov ones still have it
Orpheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #17
Garik
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Ever since the materialists raised a stink about it, ones purchased by the .gov dont. I think some non .gov ones still have it
My TA33 has the verse on it.
Garik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #18
GypsyDanger
"My hero." -Spiderman

AKaholic #: 179245

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
I was waiting to see more pics before I commented when you first posted. But yeah, looks like a fake. Even the mount thumb screw look cheap. Real one should have raised "Trijicon Acog" and I thing raised "Made in USA" under laser engraving.
Correct. The finish is anodized instead of painted, and the lettering should be raised.

OP I'm glad you didn't get fisted $700 for a $7 scope.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #19
gaigeboyd

I told him about it over the phone (at my other job today) and he didn’t seemed mad. I would be too. I go in tomorrow and I hope they adjust the price. I couldn’t sleep knowing they did that to someone. Sadly I’m not the boss so I don’t get a final say on that price.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #20
jmano

AKaholic #: 164016

Yeah the S/N is the same on that one as the knockoff, plus look at the fiber optic tube mounting system, Trijicon's is just mounted at each end of the tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaigeboyd View Post
I told him about it over the phone (at my other job today) and he didn’t seemed mad. I would be too. I go in tomorrow and I hope they adjust the price. I couldn’t sleep knowing they did that to someone. Sadly I’m not the boss so I don’t get a final say on that price.
I'm hoping that he didn't know it was a knockoff and just try to rip off some poor person.
jmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
gaigeboyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmano View Post
Yeah the S/N is the same on that one as the knockoff, plus look at the fiber optic tube mounting system, Trijicon's is just mounted at each end of the tube.

I'm hoping that he didn't know it was a knockoff and just try to rip off some poor person.
I donít think he knew. I think heís kinda mad that the other guy didnít run the serial and put to much money in a knock off
Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #22
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Hopefully OP takes detailed pictures of the rifle it came attached to. If the guy faked the optic, I bet he also faked the gun. As easy as ARs are to take apart and put together, he could easily pull a fast one.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #23
gaigeboyd

I go work there tomorrow and will be sure to look. I donít recall what the upper was but the lower was either Anderson or aero
Old 09-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #24
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Ask how much your shop paid for the rifle, too. I have some anderson lowers and some PSA build kits I can throw together and plop an ebay facog on if they're over paying like that. Just got a new FDE one in today.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #25
gaigeboyd

What model exactly is that? Cause it had me fooled and as long a it works well I wouldn’t mind getting one new. Got a link?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #26
mojo00
AK SNOB

AKaholic #: 9021

What about right side pics? Does it have the raised Trijicon lettering or is it painted/screened on?

May be a "FACOG".
libertarians can suck my sweaty balls

Last edited by mojo00; 09-12-2018 at 08:03 PM.
mojo00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #27
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaigeboyd View Post
What model exactly is that? Cause it had me fooled and as long a it works well I wouldn’t mind getting one new. Got a link?
I just grabbed the cheapest ones they had with the 4x32 and the RMR.
ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo00 View Post
What about right side pics? Does it have the raised Trijicon lettering or is it painted/screened on?

May be a "FACOG".
This particular FDE one doesnt have any markings aside from whats on the RMR. Some other ones do have the serial number and logo and everything. No raised markings at all on any of mine.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #28
LEUVUK

AKaholic #: 162897

I read somewhere that fake ACOG’s have rear mounting screw elevated in comparison to front, in order to accommodate various nonstandard rails.

ACOG

God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the Gift of God? - Thomas Jefferson
LEUVUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
Larryphoto
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170271

Take a fake ACOG outside in the hot, humid rain and see how fast it fogs up, in Florida I've seen how they preform.
Larryphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #30
Thraxed

AKaholic #: 193850

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNoGo View Post
trijicon sent me correspondence stating they only warranty/update Tritium on optics that are returned by the original purchaser.. or whomever the optic was originally registered to (Iíve been the 2nd owner but 1st to register it). Has their policy changed ?
Theyíll replace the tritium for a fee. I had a beretta slide with trijicons replaced for like $60 or something.
Thraxed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:17 AM   #31
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNoGo View Post
trijicon sent me correspondence stating they only warranty/update Tritium on optics that are returned by the original purchaser.. or whomever the optic was originally registered to (Iíve been the 2nd owner but 1st to register it). Has their policy changed ?
Pretty sure it doesn't matter for tritium replacement. They are gonna rape you in replacement cost wether you are original owner or second. I'm talking $400+
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #32
Romy_G

AKaholic #: 195355

How does a gun shop owner not know how to spot a FACOG? Is this a new shop? These fakes have been around for years and that one has all the giveaways present.
As for all the traditional douchebags that seem to think people care to read your thoughts about the nostaglia, reliability and mistique of good ol' steel and wood - we don't. We simply don't care. Go take your BP meds, Dulcolax suppository, eat a flaming turd and take a nap.
Romy_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #33
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy_G View Post
How does a gun shop owner not know how to spot a FACOG? Is this a new shop? These fakes have been around for years and that one has all the giveaways present.
I have a feeling they're going to have a meeting one day to get all the employees trained on how to spot a fake. That's not a cheap mistake to make.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #34
Romy_G

AKaholic #: 195355

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
I have a feeling they're going to have a meeting one day to get all the employees trained on how to spot a fake. That's not a cheap mistake to make.
It makes me wonder if they've ever seen a real ACOG in person. If they have, I don't see how they could mistake one of these shitty chinese fakes for being legit.
As for all the traditional douchebags that seem to think people care to read your thoughts about the nostaglia, reliability and mistique of good ol' steel and wood - we don't. We simply don't care. Go take your BP meds, Dulcolax suppository, eat a flaming turd and take a nap.
Romy_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #35
Orpheus
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177936

Back when I saw these chinesium knockoffs, they didnt have functioning fiber/tritium. Is that no longer the case?
Orpheus is online now   Reply With Quote