Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default UZI Clone- RMUZ 09 by Velocity Firearms, Thoughts?

Been wanting a full size Uzi for a while now, I just always get distracted by all the AK variants. I’ve been looking for a couple months for an Action Arms import Model A or B but they’re going for a premium. Also can’t find any locally. Well I went ahead and put a RMUZ 09 on layaway at Atlantic Firearms. I was debating between this or the Vector clone.

There’s very little info on these but from the handful of reviews I’ve read they all seem positive. Plus AF is a great company to deal with. One negative is the missing sling loop but that’s fixable. Any filers own one of these? What’s your experience so far?
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor
 
Bakwa's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 190595
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: The Swamp, FL
Posts: 2,155
Default

I did some research and pulled up about the same amount of info. If you want an UZI today and can't find a good build for a good deal, these seem to be the way to go.

I have a few mags as a place holder for one. Hopefully they aren't all gone from Atlantic by the time I get the money for it.

Cheers friend
__________________
ملاك الموت يتبع
Ounces equal pounds, & pounds equal pain.
Bakwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
pre1989
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
pre1989's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175922
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 3,909
Default

Velocity firearms out of UT makes them they also make MAC10 clones

I have not seen much on the Uzi files about them

But AF is good to go and nice people so I am sure you will be fine

Or you could wait for the Maine Auction comeing up with all the NFA full auto UZI for sale that is this month or next lol

https://www.velocityfirearms.com/pro...i-style-rifle/

"built from an original IMI UZI kit from Israel and utilizes the Mckay Industries Receiver, Bolt Assembly, and barrel. The compliant parts are the receiver and front trunnion which count as two (2), and a 16” US made barrel is the third. The RMUZ-09 is completely stripped down, sandblasted and refinished with a Manganese Phosphate finish with a Teflon coating over it for maximum protection."

So it sounds like it should be ok as it is just the Reciver and barrel that are USA made and trhe trunions ..The barrels as you know take like 5 sec to change so worst case you can swap it

And as a FYI pick the stock style on these ..The non NFA guns you cant do quick swap stock due to SBR laws ..The wood or polymore stocks are more comffy but folding is more compact
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
pre1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 41,874
Default

Keep in mind that if you can can get a barrel that's an inch longer than stock and straight grooved, an UZI pistol can be manufactured as an "other firearm" ( w/wood or folding stock )

( knew I was forgetting something important )

Last edited by nalioth; 03-10-2018 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added info
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post
I did some research and pulled up about the same amount of info. If you want an UZI today and can't find a good build for a good deal, these seem to be the way to go.

I have a few mags as a place holder for one. Hopefully they aren't all gone from Atlantic by the time I get the money for it.

Cheers friend
Yeah, I thought what the hell I get a 45 day layaway and no stress about them selling out. I picked this over the Vector clone since it’s sold through AF plus it has the Hebrew selector markings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
Velocity firearms out of UT makes them they also make MAC10 clones

I have not seen much on the Uzi files about them

But AF is good to go and nice people so I am sure you will be fine

Or you could wait for the Maine Auction comeing up with all the NFA full auto UZI for sale that is this month or next lol
I thought VF is based in Mn? I only found a handful of threads about them on a UziTalk and barfcom, seemed positive. I wish I could afford the NFA version but my girl and my cat would be pissed to have to live in a cardboard box in an alley.

Here’s a good article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the.....-a0521459937
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Keep in mind that if you can can get a barrel that's an inch longer than stock, an UZI pistol can be manufactured as an "other firearm" ( w/wood or folding stock )
I’ll keep that in mind. I have a feeling Uzi’s might become a new addiction. Already keeping an eye out for a mini
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
pre1989
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
pre1989's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175922
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.ButcherMD View Post
I’ll keep that in mind. I have a feeling Uzi’s might become a new addiction. Already keeping an eye out for a mini


They are very fun guns ..I have used NFA models and a bunch of semi auto guns

Yes they are very very fun

Very accurate guns and easy to shoot ...Mags are cheep as are parts ..Semi auto parts will be more then NFA parts ..Lots of cool add on for the guns front grips etc

And yes they add up fast ..One thing to also look for is the Norinco models they can be had for pretty cheep will need more work to run right and de ban but are nice cheep plinker guns

Me if you cant swing full auto at least SBR it ...Sbr Uzi looks right plus you can quick swap stocks

And keep a eye out for conversion kits as well
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
pre1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
They are very fun guns ..I have used NFA models and a bunch of semi auto guns

Yes they are very very fun

Very accurate guns and easy to shoot ...Mags are cheep as are parts ..Semi auto parts will be more then NFA parts ..Lots of cool add on for the guns front grips etc

And yes they add up fast ..One thing to also look for is the Norinco models they can be had for pretty cheep will need more work to run right and de ban but are nice cheep plinker guns

Me if you cant swing full auto at least SBR it ...Sbr Uzi looks right plus you can quick swap stocks

And keep a eye out for conversion kits as well
I've only shot one a couple times, friend had a Model A. That was a while back when I was pretty broke. Wish I would've bought it when he sold it.

Any intel on where the best deal on mags would be? I'm just gonna order from RTG if not, I've bought from the multiple times with no complaints.

Yeah I was looking at the Norinco 320's, I'm sure I'll end up buying one in the future. What's the going rate for them? I've seen them for about $700-$800 on GB, Is that about right or too steep?

I need to get on the stamp game, I have a bunch of stuff that would look way cooler chopped or extension removed
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #9
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor
 
Bakwa's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 190595
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: The Swamp, FL
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.ButcherMD View Post
I've only shot one a couple times, friend had a Model A. That was a while back when I was pretty broke. Wish I would've bought it when he sold it.

Any intel on where the best deal on mags would be? I'm just gonna order from RTG if not, I've bought from the multiple times with no complaints.

Yeah I was looking at the Norinco 320's, I'm sure I'll end up buying one in the future. What's the going rate for them? I've seen them for about $700-$800 on GB, Is that about right or too steep?

I need to get on the stamp game, I have a bunch of stuff that would look way cooler chopped or extension removed
I think Cabin has about six Israeli 25 rounders left in the MP.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...&highlight=uzi
__________________
ملاك الموت يتبع
Ounces equal pounds, & pounds equal pain.
Bakwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #10
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor
 
Atlantic Firearms's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 4032
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,263
Default

Yes we have had great success with the Velocity MACS and had them build some of these rifles up from original UZI kits . They were featured on the cover of Shotgun News a few months ago.





__________________
Atlantic Firearms,llc
www.atlanticfirearms.com
sales@atlanticfirearms.com

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 03-10-2018 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Fixed huge image(s)
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #11
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Yes we have had great success with the Velocity MACS and had them build some of these rifles up from original UZI kits . They were featured on the cover of Shotgun News a few months ago.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/imag...20of%2012).jpg
I think the link I posted in post #5 is the text to that article? Can't wait to pay off layaway. Hopefully you can handpick me one with the best plastic grip and handguard
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #12
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor
 
Atlantic Firearms's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 4032
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,263
Default

DrB , If you would like to post a brief & honest review of the rifle we could hook you up with a range report discount .
__________________
Atlantic Firearms,llc
www.atlanticfirearms.com
sales@atlanticfirearms.com
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #13
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
DrB , If you would like to post a brief & honest review of the rifle we could hook you up with a range report discount .
PM sent.
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
mishaco
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 190226
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 2,146
Default

I have a bit of experience with the Uzi series.

I've owned 3 Model As over the years, and then about 5 years ago got a preban Mini Carbine.
I've had 2 of the IMI Uzi Pistols too (aka Micro Uzi), but sold both as they just weren't that fun.

With fullsizes, you have options...originals, Chinese, Century UC9, Vector UZ GI, and so on.
The military QD stock will fit on these, but you have to do something about the hole left in the back of the receiver. When you remove the stock, the striker spring sticks out of the back.
Honestly since this very effectively renders the gun non-functional with the QD stock removed, it also kind of makes it 'ok' to use. Its a weird situation.
People have always assumed that the QD stock is a no-go on a Title I Uzi, but since its never really been tested in a court of law....who knows and who wants to find out?
Interestingly, Century shipped thousands of the UC9 with the QD wood stock. All they did was to file the release latch down. You could still use it to remove the stock, but it required a simple tool like a cleaning rod or screw driver to push it in fully. This seems to ahve been enough to make everyone happy, so is another option.
I'd not stress over it too much, and those stocks are a lot more comfortable than the folders.

As for Mini Uzi semis, very few came in from Israel back in the 1980s.
Vector is one of the few companies to build decent Mini styles, and has probably built more than anyone else. I just had some come in built on IMI receivers, which is pretty neat. We'll be doing a video later comparing one of these to an original Israeli mfg preban also.
Vector does both a Mini Pistol and Mini Carbine. The carbine is neat because of the stock of course, and the pistol is neat as it has the original style 7.8" barrel. It is even compensated like the original, at least the ones I received are.

As for the Micro Pistols, you can find originals for less money than what the Model A or B go for. They imported these from 1984 until 1993. They weren't blocked by the '89 Bush ban, so they kept coming in.
But they weren't that popular and sold slowly.
They have a 4.5" barrel and no stock or rear sling swivel. You can convert one into an SBR or even carbine, but it would take some welding and skill.

Alternatively, you could get the Uzi Pro. This is built in Israel by IWI, and is basically a modernized Micro Uzi Pistol.
Also it is available with a folding armbrace from the factory and is 100% Israeli thanks to being a pistol.
And since these are still coming in, prices aren't too bad right now. I'd recommend one of these over an Uzi Pistol personally.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #15
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Thanks for the in depth response Misha. I’ve watched lots of your YT vids including your Uzi vids. Some great info in those. I’m definitely gonna get a wood QD stock to address the comfort issue of the collapsible stock. The one I fired had the collapsible stock which wasn’t too bad. I’m sure after firing more than a couple 100 rounds I’d be wishing for the wood stock. You mention the E&L shroud in your vids, is the foregrip detachable?

I’ll be in the market for the Vector mini(carbine) next. I see they go for about $1500+. Gotta crack open the piggy bank. Seems only a handful of Vector retailers out there or GB. I’m still on the fence about the micro(pro) but since they’re readily available I’m in no rush. Do you have any experience with the RMUZ?

Hey Atlantic, why do you not carry Vector products anymore?

Edit: I didn’t know about the whole stock swap being a grey area. Ugh!

Last edited by Dr.ButcherMD; 03-10-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #16
mishaco
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 190226
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 2,146
Default

Again, i'd not worry too much about the QD stock. Just grind down the latch like Century did. If they were able to sell thousands of UC9 carbines like that and no one complained, then you're safe surely.

Vector is really the only outfit that still offers the Mini Carbine, and its really my favorite Uzi style/size too.
The fullsized is a classic, but is quite big and heavy.
The Micro/Pro is very compact, but it sacrifices range and accuracy.
The Mini does a great job of splitting the difference. It has better range and ergonomics than the Micro, and is a good bit lighter and handier than the fullsized. Also, it has an excellent folding stock. It gives a longer LOP, folds/unfolds easily, and has a cheek rest style very similar to the QD stock. At least it is superior to the underfolder's that's for sure.
$1,500 is retail on those but most venders can do a bit better if you ask nicely (or blackmail them hehe).
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor
 
Atlantic Firearms's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 4032
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,263
Default

Quote:
Hey Atlantic, why do you not carry Vector products anymore?
We will not go into many details but let's just say the new owners business model and quality did not match what Atlantic was looking for.
__________________
Atlantic Firearms,llc
www.atlanticfirearms.com
sales@atlanticfirearms.com
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #18
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Again, i'd not worry too much about the QD stock. Just grind down the latch like Century did. If they were able to sell thousands of UC9 carbines like that and no one complained, then you're safe surely.

Vector is really the only outfit that still offers the Mini Carbine, and its really my favorite Uzi style/size too.
The fullsized is a classic, but is quite big and heavy.
The Micro/Pro is very compact, but it sacrifices range and accuracy.
The Mini does a great job of splitting the difference. It has better range and ergonomics than the Micro, and is a good bit lighter and handier than the fullsized. Also, it has an excellent folding stock. It gives a longer LOP, folds/unfolds easily, and has a cheek rest style very similar to the QD stock. At least it is superior to the underfolder's that's for sure.
$1,500 is retail on those but most venders can do a bit better if you ask nicely (or blackmail them hehe).
Damn you! I really need a mini now. Any recommendations on a vender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
We will not go into many details but let's just say the new owners business model and quality did not match what Atlantic was looking for.
Fair enough, sorry to hear that. Please respond to PM I'm ready to pay off layaway. Thanks!
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #19
chillypepper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 176015
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paducah Texas
Posts: 913
Default

I've got a full size built as a pistol. It's a kit build not a market item. It's about as much fun as toting around an anvil. It was a woohoo build and then after I shot it a couple times it just gathers dust. I plan on redoing it a tad with a 16" barrel and wood stock and maybe I'll like it a bit more. As it is, it's no more than "yeah, I got an uzi." to many other options in 9 that are more ergonomic and easier to shoot than a full size done as pistol. Maybe sbr in the future(just not in the cards now), that would definitely make it lots more interesting.
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
John A.
Veteran Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178172
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: not CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,821
Default

Yeah, you really don't want to go with a vector. If you don't know why, 5 minutes of googling should tell you all that you need to know.

I don't know much about velocity. Other than what has already been said here.

I have a model A style that was being sold a few years ago by Century as the UC9.

I really like mine.

The main gripes that you'll find online about them is the firing pin may not hit dead center of the primer.

As if that even matters as long as it goes bang. I also have a few shotguns that also don't hit dead center either. [rolleyes]

I swear, some people just have to have something to complain and whine about.

I like mine. I don't think it's going anywhere. I've done a few little things to mine to personalize it to my taste. I threaded the barrel, attached a wood stock, etc.

It's been a good little carbine.

John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #21
chillypepper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 176015
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paducah Texas
Posts: 913
Default

even more reasoning for me to get long barrel and wood butt. I guess I'm going shopping.
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #22
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillypepper View Post
I've got a full size built as a pistol. It's a kit build not a market item. It's about as much fun as toting around an anvil. It was a woohoo build and then after I shot it a couple times it just gathers dust. I plan on redoing it a tad with a 16" barrel and wood stock and maybe I'll like it a bit more. As it is, it's no more than "yeah, I got an uzi." to many other options in 9 that are more ergonomic and easier to shoot than a full size done as pistol. Maybe sbr in the future(just not in the cards now), that would definitely make it lots more interesting.
I felt the same way about my MP5K pistol until I put a brace on it. Now its one of my favorite shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
Yeah, you really don't want to go with a vector. If you don't know why, 5 minutes of googling should tell you all that you need to know.

I don't know much about velocity. Other than what has already been said here.

I have a model A style that was being sold a few years ago by Century as the UC9.

I really like mine.

The main gripes that you'll find online about them is the firing pin may not hit dead center of the primer.

As if that even matters as long as it goes bang. I also have a few shotguns that also don't hit dead center either. [rolleyes]

I swear, some people just have to have something to complain and whine about.

I like mine. I don't think it's going anywhere. I've done a few little things to mine to personalize it to my taste. I threaded the barrel, attached a wood stock, etc.

It's been a good little carbine.

Thought about the UC9 but I shy away from Century builds. Also read mixed reviews about them, glad you got a good one.
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #23
chillypepper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 176015
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paducah Texas
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
Yeah, you really don't want to go with a vector. If you don't know why, 5 minutes of googling should tell you all that you need to know.

I don't know much about velocity. Other than what has already been said here.

I have a model A style that was being sold a few years ago by Century as the UC9.

I really like mine.

The main gripes that you'll find online about them is the firing pin may not hit dead center of the primer.

As if that even matters as long as it goes bang. I also have a few shotguns that also don't hit dead center either. [rolleyes]

I swear, some people just have to have something to complain and whine about.

I like mine. I don't think it's going anywhere. I've done a few little things to mine to personalize it to my taste. I threaded the barrel, attached a wood stock, etc.

It's been a good little carbine.

I keep looking at that pic. looks like it's got the 20" barrel. I never quite understood the reasoning behind that, but it's okay. I don't always understand everything. I love the stock on it. Someone added a personal touch at sometime. Still wanna do mine in a similar likeness.
In all this I can say that my Uzi is uglier than yours, so take that. Heck maybe we should make that a competition here. A "who's got the ugliest uzi" thread or some such. Who knows, I may actually stand a chance of winning someday.
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #24
John A.
Veteran Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178172
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: not CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,821
Default

It has a 16 inch barrel. I had originally considered SBR'ing the gun but other projects always seemed to interest me more.

Though, the flash hider does add a little to the barrel length. I mainly just have the flash hider mounted to serve as a thread protector because I threaded it to occasionally use it with one of my cans.

I know that not many people know this, but there was an early prototype that had a longer threaded barrel.

Just saying.

John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #25
chillypepper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 176015
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paducah Texas
Posts: 913
Default

Fair enough. that pic of yours makes the barrel look lots longer. I still think this is the way to go with mine simply to make it more usable to kill beer cans.

One thing I did do was to open the sights up to AR size peeps. Made it much more friendly to shoot. I can only assume that it won't hurt much in the carbine version of the same build up. But sights are cheap and easy enough to change should it not work out once I have a new barrel and stock. Another couple hundred bucks that I should be spending elsewhere, but that's all part of it, isn't it?
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #26
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Misha, please clear some room in your inbox. I have a question I'd like to PM you regarding mini Uzi. Or you can PM me, thanks!
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #27
Dr.ButcherMD
Curio & Relic
 
Dr.ButcherMD's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156261
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point of No Return
Posts: 3,512
Default

Fuck it! Went ahead and paid it off, money burning a hole in my pocket. Can’t wait to shoot it!
Dr.ButcherMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #28
NicoG
Member
 
AKaholic #: 170512
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.ButcherMD View Post
Fuck it! Went ahead and paid it off, money burning a hole in my pocket. Can’t wait to shoot it!

Have you gotten the Uzi yet? I've been staring at them on Atlantic's website, looking forward to pics and range report.
NicoG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #29
ddnc
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 174853
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The DMZ
Posts: 5,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
Yeah, you really don't want to go with a vector. If you don't know why, 5 minutes of googling should tell you all that you need to know.......
This is an ambiguous statement at best. You need to correlate the above where Atlantic cut ties with Vector.
That basically coincides with about 1-2 years after Vector declared bankruptcy following some federal crimes that came to light. Therefore, old Vector/new Vector is how this must be addressed.

Anything “old Vector” is GTG and very well made. Certainly way better than anything CAI ever peddled. Old Vector was at one time the only source for HK and UZI products available to us peasants. You have to research the guys that were running the place. Tremendous access to quality materiel including all sorts of shit they could only sell to LEO/ military.
“New Vector” quality is on par with Century and QC is a joke. Atlantic used to carry old Vector and sold the crap out of their HK/ Uzi products and pretty much had zero complaints.
It is when they started having all sorts of problems with the new Vector, Atlantic dropped the line.

Anyway I have one of their old UZIs (SBR) and it is not Israeli, it is West German and it’s excellent.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #30
John A.
Veteran Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178172
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: not CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,821
Default

ddnc Glad you have one of their better ones.

ambiguous statement or not, vector has crashed in quality. And this going back several years now.

Best that I can recall over the years, vector bought a lot of Group Industries inventory when they closed, and once they exhausted that inventory, quality started going down hill even then. Even well before all of the felonies started racking up.

The century UC9 that I have is good. The only complaint that I have is the lack of bayonet lug.

Not that I was going to use a bayonet on a 16" carbine anyway, but still would've been nice to have had the lug because it would've given an attachment point for some accessories.



















It's usually one of the more popular guns when I take it to the range. Between what I have fired through it, and what everyone else has put through it, I would guess somewhere between 1200-1300'ish trouble free rounds have been put through it since I've owned it. I wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

Last edited by John A.; 03-21-2018 at 07:01 PM.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #31
John A.
Veteran Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178172
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: not CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,821
Default

The Century uzi's were made by Global Machine and Tool in Texas.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #32
panzertruppe
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 3934
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,003
Default

DrB,

Mishaco doesn't do pms(or so I've been told by a few mishaco). That might be the problem.

Email

panzertruppe
panzertruppe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles