Old 10-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Make mine underfolded

AKaholic #: 6893

Not bad.
Make mine underfolded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
semper-dissolubilis

AKaholic #: 177416

Man I am so glad I got my Tigers early on before the price hikes!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
ncreptile
Banned
Vendor

AKaholic #: 165174

That's actually a good price considering most are bringing $5000 now.
Thanks the two assholes on gunbroker who keep buying dragunovs for fair prices and then listing them for $9-20,000.. They control the market because they have the money to buy everything up.

Ticks me off, wanted an NDM and 2 years ago they were $3500 for a .308 and $5000-6000 for a 54r but now thanks to the few dipshits on gunbroker who buy them on there and relist them for double the price I doubt we'll see them in the fair price range again.

Big problem is not even the dipshits. It's the people who go to sell theirs, see those two dipshits prices and assume theirs is worth that and they list them.

Thank goodness nobody is buying them.
ncreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
Make mine underfolded

^^^ This. I have seen those auctions. I have been hit up by those types as well. They try to brow-beat you down "I'm a dealer, and I'd never pay you that..." trying to get the item super cheap just to relist it 10x higher.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
semper-dissolubilis

Simple cure- I don't ever sell them when I pick them up. Tigers or NDMs got a good collection of them these days
Old 10-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #7
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You

AKaholic #: 158581

Saw one buy it now for $3500 not too long ago. Too much money for a rifle.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Floivanus

AKaholic #: 191191

They aren't spectacular rifles in any right, artificial market due to stupid low supply.

People want to buy for the look and as a collectible. Better self loading 54R rifles out there and tons better 308 self loaders for the money. Back when AR10s were $2k and a tigr was cheaper it made sense as a shooter. Not now. Let these couple knuckleheads bid themselves out of market prices
Floivanus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #9
cal50
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 2400

People are attracted to what they cant have or hard to get.....

Fired a guys Tiger at the range when I has a PSL and not overly nuts about either to be honest.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
WolfmanReid

AKaholic #: 154786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floivanus View Post
They aren't spectacular rifles in any right, artificial market due to stupid low supply.

People want to buy for the look and as a collectible. Better self loading 54R rifles out there and tons better 308 self loaders for the money. Back when AR10s were $2k and a tigr was cheaper it made sense as a shooter. Not now. Let these couple knuckleheads bid themselves out of market prices
Not disputing anything about what you are saying about the absurd and artificial price of the Tigr but what semi-auto in 54r is better than the SVD? I can only think of a handful in that caliber... SVT-38, SVT-40, Zastava M-91, PSL, Al-Kadesiah, Vepr are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head and Dragunov's design knocks them out of the water. The Tigr isn't a bad rifle by any means... I agree though if we could get them at European prices and availablity they'd probably be outsold by .308 ARs.
WolfmanReid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
Make mine underfolded

Love my Tiger. I pieced together the non neutered parts over a few months. It is sleek, streamlined, and pretty capable.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #12
ncreptile
Banned
Vendor

Comparing the PSL to the Dragunov is like comparing a Lambo to a Mustang GT. Both are awesome cars, but one is much higher quality thoroughbred.

I own both. So this opinion comes from that experience.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #13
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

I was really sad when Military got shitcanned through sanctions. Under Trump. Get any import you may regret not getting while you can.

--Originally posted by Tankboy on the USA made DRACo rebranded RAS47 pistol——

“Garbage.....Really trying to appeal to the gang rapper thug lore to it imo. The little red draco sticker reminds of something you'd find on some Nike shoes or sports clothing lol.”
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:37 AM   #14
Floivanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanReid View Post
Not disputing anything about what you are saying about the absurd and artificial price of the Tigr but what semi-auto in 54r is better than the SVD? I can only think of a handful in that caliber... SVT-38, SVT-40, Zastava M-91, PSL, Al-Kadesiah, Vepr are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head and Dragunov's design knocks them out of the water. The Tigr isn't a bad rifle by any means... I agree though if we could get them at European prices and availablity they'd probably be outsold by .308 ARs.
I have to agree on the 54r. I would have to say better offerings as 'shooters' for the cost.

I would love to see someone either create a line of SVD clones, or import, thru whatever means a decent quantity of kits and whip up receivers but I do not see that happening at least in the foreseeable future. Heck I would like to see an Al kadesiah clone to at least get something closer for the US market
Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #15
hakentt

AKaholic #: 13228

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Comparing the PSL to the Dragunov is like comparing a Lambo to a Mustang GT. Both are awesome cars, but one is much higher quality thoroughbred.

I own both. So this opinion comes from that experience.
I disagree. People who own SVD tend to praise that rifle more than others just because of it's resale value. Even the Soviet field manual for SVD says that rifle has acceptable accuracy if it shoots a 8cm group at 100m. That is 3 inch group, that is horrible even for DMR. Even Dragunov admitted he was not allowed to make more accurate rifle because soviet army demanded it had to be lightweight.

Believe it or not Ford Mustang is built from higher quality materials that Lamborghini, cheap Italian plastics and fine Italian leather does not do well when car is left in the sun for long.
hakentt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #16
ncreptile
Banned
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
I disagree. People who own SVD tend to praise that rifle more than others just because of it's resale value. Even the Soviet field manual for SVD says that rifle has acceptable accuracy if it shoots a 8cm group at 100m. That is 3 inch group, that is horrible even for DMR. Even Dragunov admitted he was not allowed to make more accurate rifle because soviet army demanded it had to be lightweight.

Believe it or not Ford Mustang is built from higher quality materials that Lamborghini, cheap Italian plastics and fine Italian leather does not do well when car is left in the sun for long.
You are one weird person..

I'm guessing you do not own a Dragunov or have held one. The quality difference is apparent. I did not bring up accuracy but I guess you had to try and make them seem like equals somehow.

The only people that seem to try and say the PSL is the same as a dragunov are the people butthurt they cannot afford the latter is seems.

You completely lost me on your car retort.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #17
specz79
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 169416

Quote:

I disagree, I own both and my PSL is a "tack driver" as far as PSL's go. My SVD, night and day above the PSL. It is a far superior rifle

Nec Bonum Nec Malum Vagina Gallium Facit

Corruptissima Re Publica Plurimae Leges
specz79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:45 PM   #18
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

AKaholic #: 154920

I’ve owned both, the Dragunov is definitely superior to the PSL. I’ve owned many rifles over the years but very few completely amaze me. the Dragunov does. This has nothing to do with the price and everything to do with performances. Just like my SCAR it’s way more accurate than should be and it amazes me every time I pull the trigger. My PSL was a good rifle but it just wasn’t as good as my Tigr

Last edited by FullAssault; 10-15-2017 at 10:12 PM.
FullAssault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 AM   #19
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You

AKaholic #: 158581

Quote:

If you ever have shot a dragunov, it is much higher quality than a PSL. It can also shoot heavy ball ammo offering more selection. The rifle is capable of MOA or below depending on the shooters skill and the ammunition quality.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #20
hakentt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullAssault View Post
I’ve owned both, the Dragunov is definitely superior to the PSL.
Superior in a sense of elegance and build quality but in accuracy it is not superior. Both rifles are about 2MOA at best in ideal conditions, so I would argue they are about the same.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #21
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

Quote:
Superior in a sense of elegance and build quality but in accuracy it is not superior. Both rifles are about 2MOA at best in ideal conditions, so I would argue they are about the same.
My Dragunov shoots around 1”, my PSL around 3”.... my Dragunov doesn’t string, my PSL will. My Dragunov is a much better shooter in all areas
Old 10-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #22
dvs

AKaholic #: 171807

Ive had one for 17 years and only about 1800 rounds down the pipe..love it..every time I think of selling it to fund another project I hold it for 30 seconds and smell the wood and back in the safe she goes...
dvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #23
hakentt

Quote:
My Dragunov shoots around 1”, my PSL around 3”.... my Dragunov doesn’t string, my PSL will. My Dragunov is a much better shooter in all areas
PSL that is imported in USA was made out of left over parts and never tested for any sort of consistency by the factory. I would argue that CIGUR sent the good ones to Iraq and ones that had poor consistency were sold to Century Arms.
There are few videos on Youtube where respected people put both to the test and PSL did very close to what SVD was doing.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #24
ncreptile
Banned
Vendor

Quote:
A trailer compared to a $2,000,000 home does the same thing. Which would you like to live in?
Old 10-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #25
semper-dissolubilis

I have both PSL's and Tigers-

One of my PSL's holds just over 1 MOA (I bought it new) the other about 1.4-1.5 MOA @100y.

One of My tigers holds about 1 MOA while the other holds 1.25 MOA @100y.

Both are adequate for what they are supposed to be for.

The SVD seems to be slightly more accurate but it just depends I guess.

Both string a lot when you fire at a fairly quick cadence.

I think the SVD might be slightly superior to the PSL myself in performance. But the SVD definitely has the looks.

They both have the same max accuracy requirement of 8cm @ 100m
Old 10-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #26
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

Quote:
PSL that is imported in USA was made out of left over parts and never tested for any sort of consistency by the factory. I would argue that CIGUR sent the good ones to Iraq and ones that had poor consistency were sold to Century Arms.
There are few videos on Youtube where respected people put both to the test and PSL did very close to what SVD was doing.
My PSL was all matching numbers and all the parts where in excellent condition. I’ve fired around 7 PSLs over the years none did better than 2” several of my friends fired PSLs in Iraq and said they were no better. Like I’ve said I’ve owned both and fired both. Please elaborate on your personal experience with both the PSL and SVD? I’m assuming you have 1st Hand military experience with both or perhaps you own both?
Old 10-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #27
Bandy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172801

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
A trailer compared to a $2,000,000 home does the same thing. Which would you like to live in?
Well a trailer is what $15-30k so I'd still have $1.9 mill. Then I'd buy a Dragunov......or two.
Bandy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #28
Hilljack
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 29

Yeah PSL / Tigr pissing contest.

Had two PSls, best they could shoot was around 4moa.

My Tigr would do about 2.5moa with the same ammo. Handloading, it would do around 1.25moa .

Wish I could have found one of those 1moa PSLs, but I didn't. Gave up on them.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #29
Brazos762

AKaholic #: 188148

I dig my PSL - might not so much if I wasn't sitting on so much cheap (back in the day)7.62 x 54R Ball.
The $500.00 price was right and it is a blast to shoot (2-3moa @ 100yds)and groups just like my SAKO Finnish M39 w/o glass.
Never had any function issues and would probably shoot even better with good ammo or handloads.

I want an SVD but the likelihood of this is slim thanks to TPTB.

I hate seeing those photos of tracked APC's running over piles of SVD's in Iraq.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #30
hakentt

Military arms channel on youtube did a SVD vs. PSL accuracy test, same ammo. PSL did (1 5/8) and SVD did (1 3/8).
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #31
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

Quote:
Military arms channel on youtube did a SVD vs. PSL accuracy test, same ammo. PSL did (1 5/8) and SVD did (1 3/8).
So your only experience with both rifles is a YouTube video?
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #32
Floivanus

Quote:
So your only experience with both rifles is a YouTube video?
Not to mention tims svd is actually an chinese clone, so who knows how the accuracy compares (fantastic, nearly perfect rifle tho, I've handled it personally) it is only a sample size of 1, no way representative of ALL SVDs, ALL PSLs and ALL VEPR rifles.

The only way a true non bias test really could be conducted is if multiple PSLs, multiple SVDs, multiple VEPRs were assembled with a few different types of ammo as well. If anyone wants to volunteer the guns, I'll do a comprehensive test with 5 shot groups.