Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #106
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

AKaholic #: 4562

Indeed.

I too hope things are going well. Continued prayers sent for our brother and his Misses...

God bless

приедьте и получите некоторых Вы трусы
Mandaree36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #107
lostintejas
Grumpy Old Man

AKaholic #: 183194

Thanks for the update, and best wishes.
Hang in there.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #108
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

Hey guys, I been on the phone with the wife for almost 4 hours tonight. She sounds much better tonight than she did early this morning before they removed the blockage! I've also had calls through out the day from her mom and uncle.

I'll try to include everything I know since you guys have been so awesome to me and my wife. I can't tell you how glad i am to at least have a support system with you all.

This morning very early about 6AM I talked to her first. They were going in to check out her blockage during a procedure early this morning. She sounded really good compared to before. They had her blood sugar at 120 and keeping it steady. And they were questioning whether there really was a blockage. The Doctors down there seem much more Knowledgeable. Her isolates (I think that's the name) are still extremely high from her pancreas.

Anyway, they prepped her for some more scans of her heart and her pancreas, She said they just gave her something to relax her and numb her area up toward her inner thigh. They went in and found some partial blockage and took care of it. There was some part they didn't have to put into place and her heart was better than the previous ER visit. her pancreas is still really swollen and her kidneys aren't functioning well. They have been pumping her full of multiple IVs for quite awhile and she's really swollen- legs and arms. So her main Physician is believing that either stress from gall stones triggered her ketoacidosis and it snow balled into her body going into complete organ failure. I actually think that this was brought on by not eating right and stress So the way i understand it her Doctor figures her near organ failure caused the EKG to go crazy.

When she arrived at the local ER, she was near death. From what she remembers and her mother confirmed it as well, when the hooked up the EKG there were 10 Doctors and Nurses saying she needed Life Line Helicopter flight to Carmel. But actually at the time she was near total organ failure. Locally her Blood Sugar was over 3000, when they got her to Carmel it was still 2200.

After the Life line flight I guess they knew immediately know what was going on and was ready to start treatment as soon as she arrived. She now has multiple IVs and are loading her with potassium. She was in renal failure as well. Her whole body was shutting down. So after here procedure now they are really focusing on getting her pancreas healed the best they can. She was catheterized until today at noon and told her if she didn't pee on her own before 6PM she'd have to be catheterized again. She was able right at 6PM. So basically there are going to keep giving her fluids until her lipids at the normal numbers. She is not allowed food and hasn't ate since Sunday. Tommorw she gets ro start on broth and a very sort list of items they consider clear.

When we talked tonight for 4 hours we probably "communicated" better than we have together the past month. I've done a lot of soul searching. She needs to eat more than one time a day. Not eating correctly has been the cause of this whole situation IMHO. We just have to find away to get the types of healthy food she needs to eat and eat smaller meals 4 times a day. All you guys who are insulin dependent or have loved ones who are, do it the way the dietitian says. I almost lost my prized possession, my wife. She had not been taking her Lantus insulin at the same time every day.

So, they are planning to ween her back on solid food slowly. I've got to be less dependent on her. Bigger story here. It wasn't just heart problems, it was all her internal organs shutting down. They said she is very lucky to have survived. This has been the most eyeopening thing every. As if you can't tell i'm beat and can't type too well. But hopefully her pancreas will heal and she can come home, but I know i will be a while longer. Our Wedding Anniversary on Friday. I'm going to try to find away down there again that day.

Anything else, I'll keep you all informed. I really believe your Prayers have sure helped. I can't thank you guys enough. She sounded so much better tonight. It's hard to not be there with her, but there is no way I could stay long. Really, that's all I can remeger from today

Link to MP ad for Chinese Stock Set, New Ironwood. Cheaper and no long wait. Extra Lower Hand Guard Not Pictured Save $125 My loss your gain.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...98#post4183298

Link for Hungarian set from Ironwood:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273

Last edited by boutcha; 10-12-2017 at 01:22 AM.
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #109
raggedwhole!
Blue eyed devil

AKaholic #: 172787

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutcha View Post
Hey guys, I been on the phone with the wife for almost 4 hours tonight. She sounds much better tonight than she did early this morning before they removed the blockage! I've also had calls through out the day from her mom and uncle.

I'll try to include everything I know since you guys have been so awesome to me and my wife. I can't tell you how glad i am to at least have a support system with you all.

This morning very early about 6AM I talked to her first. They were going in to check out her blockage during a procedure early this morning. She sounded really good compared to before. They had her blood sugar at 120 and keeping it steady. And they were questioning whether there really was a blockage. The Doctors down there seem much more Knowledgeable. Her isolates (I think that's the name) are still extremely high from her pancreas.

I didn't mean to hit post yet, I'll add more with the EDIT button.
Glad to hear things are looking up. My SO has neuropathy as well. The neurontin (gabapentin) helps the pain but if it is harming your wife's pancreas that is a bummer. I don't know if Lyrica is any gentler but that may be an option. Best of luck to you both.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:03 AM   #110
bubbazan68
black honda

AKaholic #: 3654

keep the faith boutcha we are still praying

You can lead a Human to knowledge. but you can’t make him think.
bubbazan68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #111
SpringerXD
One of our finest posters!

AKaholic #: 188218

Quote:

I didn't mean to hit post yet, I'll add more with the EDIT button.
You just put a big smile on my face.

Keep the good news coming!
Old 10-12-2017, 12:33 AM   #112
Tank50

AKaholic #: 177136

Prayers sent for both of you. Good to hear she's doing better. Praying for her complete recovery.
Tank50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #113
johnbrian
Save the snoot!!!

AKaholic #: 177329

Many prayers for you and her!
As for the "don't leave CA you coward" sentiment: I don't fault anyone for feeling that way. I felt that way myself for years. In the end though, CA is a lost cause and the poor people of rural CA will be ruled by the pink-clad fist of San Francisco for the foreseeable future. Living the rest of my life in misery and denying my children freedom won't change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody;somewhere
I came into this world, kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am prepared to leave the same way.
johnbrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #114
Thumper5102

AKaholic #: 192215

Prayers sent your way! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

WTS AKM Firing Pin retaining pins: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320965
Thumper5102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #115
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

You guys are so awsome

I did slowly finish the post above.

Link to MP ad for Chinese Stock Set, New Ironwood. Cheaper and no long wait. Extra Lower Hand Guard Not Pictured Save $125 My loss your gain.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #116
69Rebel
Curmudgeon in training.

AKaholic #: 179450

It's good to hear that the outlook is looking positive. Get some rest.

That ain't a beer belly, son. It's a fuel tank for an ass-whoopin' machine.
69Rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:38 AM   #117
Lopojo

AKaholic #: 158922

Damn, that is some crazy stuff you have been dealing with!
Best of luck for quick recovery.
Lopojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #118
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Rebel View Post
It's good to hear that the outlook is looking positive. Get some rest.
+1

Old 10-12-2017, 05:19 AM   #119
brawny
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187460

Quote:
+1
Glad to hear wife's doing better, hang in there!
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Let not him who girds on his armor boast like him who takes it off.
King Ahab
brawny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #120
John Hunt Morgan
Etown Shithound

AKaholic #: 168039

Praying for ya'll,Boutcha.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #121
Claymore
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 186415

Good to hear. Will continue to pray.

John 14:6

DEATH TO ANTIFA!
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #122
chewbacca_chump29

AKaholic #: 180913

Thanks for the update! I’m happy things are looking up. I will still keep praying for you guys.
chewbacca_chump29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #123
dArK 47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167665

My wife is non-insulin Type 2. She checks her numbers and tries to keep her "sugar burn" more of a curvy line versus the big "spiky" up and down rollercoaster.

She HAS to use the meter and have real data. You cannot "feel" your blood sugar!

She has found things like brown rice and whole wheat bread that is a slower caloric burn. She eats four or five little snack meals daily. She does have a cheat meal now and again but because she is so good overall she can do that.

This has to be THE wake up call for your wife. She has to eat right and treat right. No more hiding. And you guys BOTH have issues and have to do good for each other. There is no "more sick" one or more important one.

Marriage is teamwork and your health is teamwork.

Now carry on - together and in-step.

God Bless you folks.
dArK 47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #124
SpecialSauce

AKaholic #: 184940

Prayers, stay strong brother!
SpecialSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #125
itsobe

AKaholic #: 187160

Prayers for you both.
itsobe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #126
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dArK 47 View Post
My wife is non-insulin Type 2. She checks her numbers and tries to keep her "sugar burn" more of a curvy line versus the big "spiky" up and down rollercoaster.

She HAS to use the meter and have real data. You cannot "feel" your blood sugar!

She has found things like brown rice and whole wheat bread that is a slower caloric burn. She eats four or five little snack meals daily. She does have a cheat meal now and again but because she is so good overall she can do that.

This has to be THE wake up call for your wife. She has to eat right and treat right. No more hiding. And you guys BOTH have issues and have to do good for each other. There is no "more sick" one or more important one.

Marriage is teamwork and your health is teamwork.

Now carry on - together and in-step.

God Bless you folks.
Agreed 100%^
I think last night on the phone we had more meaningful conversation than we've had in years.
These are some of the things we discussed.
She needs to use her insulin on a schedule and eat better than we have been.
This was a huge wake-up call, that also caused some damage.

I talked to her this morning. They drew blood early this morning to check her pancreas. When the Doctor came in he felt around the swelling and this time she didn't have pain, it was just a little uncomfortable.

He said that yesterday her lipid count was at 500, and today it is at 250. He told her normal is under 50. But, he said he was pleased. He is still no allowing any solid foods, only clear liquids and broth. He said they were going to take baby steps back to solid foods, granted if her levels get to normal levels. The are continuing the fluid IVs with dextrose added. They've also been keeping her blood sugar levels fairly balanced at around 80. They've been checking her sugar level every 2 hours. It's taken some time to get her sugar levels more balanced. They also removed the blood clot sleeves from her extremities.

Luckily things are looking better. When she was flown there she was in renal failure, they were sure she was having a heart attack, and she was barely breathing. Her system was completely shutting down. I'm so glad I found her when I did, they say she should be dead. I'm not letting my defenses down, even a little, until she's home. She is not going to be able to keep up with things at the level she did before. We need to make some changes, and we're not sure what all that will be yet.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #127
Swolon Labe

AKaholic #: 193330

Im very sorry for your troubles. We've never interacted before, here or otherwise. But you have my sympathy. There is nothing more terrifying than (potentially) losing family. Shakes a man to his core. My thoughts are with you. Stay positive! More importantly, make sure she is staying positive. Stay strong stranger!
Swolon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #128
Beef Supreme
A.K.A. Leroy Dontavius Jenkins

AKaholic #: 169662

That’s great news.

God Bless, and best wishes for you and your wife
Old 10-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #129
6500rpm

AKaholic #: 3450

Prayers sent for the two of you. I'm a type 1 diabetic myself and have managed to earn 3 stents in my heart, the last was 5+ years ago and after some lifestyle changes I'm doing extremely well. It's easy to fall back on bad habits when you feel good and you kind of forget about the blood sugar issue and it allows other issues associated with it to sneak in. It sounds like she's insulin dependent, if she is and she's not using a insulin pump, if you can get her one it's been a life changing thing for me and has led to much better blood sugar control which is the ultimate goal in preventing secondary problems. Take care, stay positive about life and living, and know with prayer, help, and determination you can get her back to her old self. I've been around the sun over 50 times as a diabetic for over half those trips. I'm living proof that the two of you can get through this, keep the faith brother and get her well. Take care, M.B.
6500rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #130
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

AKaholic #: 4562

Quote:
Agreed 100%^
I think last night on the phone we had more meaningful conversation than we've had in years.
These are some of the things we discussed.
She needs to use her insulin on a schedule and eat better than we have been.
This was a huge wake-up call, that also caused some damage.

I talked to her this morning. They drew blood early this morning to check her pancreas. When the Doctor came in he felt around the swelling and this time she didn't have pain, it was just a little uncomfortable.

He said that yesterday her lipid count was at 500, and today it is at 250. He told her normal is under 50. But, he said he was pleased. He is still no allowing any solid foods, only clear liquids and broth. He said they were going to take baby steps back to solid foods, granted if her levels get to normal levels. The are continuing the fluid IVs with dextrose added. They've also been keeping her blood sugar levels fairly balanced at around 80. They've been checking her sugar level every 2 hours. It's taken some time to get her sugar levels more balanced. They also removed the blood clot sleeves from her extremities.

Luckily things are looking better. When she was flown there she was in renal failure, they were sure she was having a heart attack, and she was barely breathing. Her system was completely shutting down. I'm so glad I found her when I did, they say she should be dead. I'm not letting my defenses down, even a little, until she's home. She is not going to be able to keep up with things at the level she did before. We need to make some changes, and we're not sure what all that will be yet.

Glad to hear things are going better brother.

Really good news.

We will still keep you both in our prayers.

приедьте и получите некоторых Вы трусы
Mandaree36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #131
0DARK30
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 169651

good good good good
0DARK30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #132
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan

AKaholic #: 170325

Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction, I will continue to keep you and your wife in my prayers.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #133
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6500rpm View Post
Prayers sent for the two of you. I'm a type 1 diabetic myself and have managed to earn 3 stents in my heart, the last was 5+ years ago and after some lifestyle changes I'm doing extremely well. It's easy to fall back on bad habits when you feel good and you kind of forget about the blood sugar issue and it allows other issues associated with it to sneak in. It sounds like she's insulin dependent, if she is and she's not using a insulin pump, if you can get her one it's been a life changing thing for me and has led to much better blood sugar control which is the ultimate goal in preventing secondary problems. Take care, stay positive about life and living, and know with prayer, help, and determination you can get her back to her old self. I've been around the sun over 50 times as a diabetic for over half those trips. I'm living proof that the two of you can get through this, keep the faith brother and get her well. Take care, M.B.
I'm going to do some research on that. They had a Nutritionist (several actually) come in and ask if she was interested in an insulin pump. The past two days they've had them in there going over how to handle her nutrition.
She kind of got emotional because she felt like they were being hateful with her. On top of that, she hasn't been allowed to eat since this whole thing happened.and she is really hungry and told me it was killing her to hear about food.

More update as i just spoke with her. They are talking about moving her to the main St Vincent's Hospital on the west side of Indy because she's in a St Vincent's Heart Center. It really upset her because we have a St Vincent's here in our home town. She got tipped off by her Nurse. It really upset her, she said if they try it she's leaving. She's getting pretty restless because she's so hungry. I told her that maybe the Physician probably doesn't understand our logistic problem and to communicate it more and simply ask him what his future plans entail.

She's not healed yet by a long shot. I just hope and pray that her lipid count goes down again tomorrow morning. If it drops at the level it did from yesterday through today, she'll be right on target. I'll really feel better and i know she will too.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:37 AM   #134
ksbsnowowl
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177600

Just saw this thread, and I'm praying for you and your wife. I'm happy to read that things are starting to look up.
ksbsnowowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:13 AM   #135
Cerephim

AKaholic #: 169584

So nice to see such an outpouring of love and prayers.
God be with you and your Sweetie. May He send his Angels to guard and heal her.
and punishment on the peoples,
8 to bind their kings with fetters,
their nobles with shackles of iron,
9 to carry out the sentence written against them—
this is the glory of all his faithful people.
Psalm 149:6-9
Cerephim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 AM   #136
muffindrvr

AKaholic #: 156960

Glad to hear everything's going well
muffindrvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:49 AM   #137
silvermane_1
((the wagons))anti-troll brigade CO

AKaholic #: 170966

mrs. boutcha will be in my thoughts and prayers, i know from first hand experience what she going through i hope she recovers and take better care of her diabetes, even if you have to get on her case about it boutcha.
...times are gone for honest men and sometimes far to long for snakes... -Chris Cornell
Happiness is a road, lined with the bones of those whom sold out America, for personal gain/profit. -Me
"Sic semper nova orbis terrae ordinatio collectarius"-Me
silvermane_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #138
werra

AKaholic #: 174432

Just saw this thread. Sounds like things are looking good, but prayers are on the way all the same.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #139
UsernameMDM
x39

AKaholic #: 169388

Good news. Thanks for the updated. Continued prayers for both of you.

I'd say before she gets back home, you two need a PLAN in place to follow. Not an idea or hopes and dreams, but an actual, educated, realistic plan. Mapped out, step-by-step, followed daily.
UsernameMDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #140
yepitsacentury
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 155395

Good to hear she's doing better.

"The Republic could survive a Barack Obama, who was, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president. And therein lies our current dilemma."

root:# modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
root:#
yepitsacentury is online now   Reply With Quote