Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #596
NChammer

AKaholic #: 162512

It's like my hammer, I don't have to see it, just believe in it!
NChammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #597
madmanmccoy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 115894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge303 View Post
I attended the Shot Show where the HMG STG44 samples were being shown (pictures in the above linked article).
One evening they also did an event at a nearby range.
ATI was hosting and letting people try guns on the indoor range.
I was at the counter talking to an HMG person about the CETME Model L builds (he related that he hated building them, too much work) when a YouTube interviewer came over and asked about the STG-44. The HMG person jumped at the chance to be recorded and started excitedly explaining all the details and features... and then he sliced open his hand on a sharp bit of sheet metal! It started bleeding really heavily and another HMG person steered our wounded rep away and sat him down. I thought he was going to pass out! The interviewer stopped recording until the blood was wiped up and another HMG rep could take over. I suspect that some editing of that video occurred!
Can't make this stuff up......& if you can, you're a sick ticket

And Do NO Wrong:
Protect the Helpless Tho It Leads to your Death
madmanmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #598
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

Shit. All this time.

Surely by now even 2 guys good with their hands could have fabricated 1000 magazines in a garage somewhere, using a bench vise, an angle grinder, and a spot welder.
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #599
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 165174

All the more funny when they had admitted its standard stanag AR15 magazines.... They always dodge the question of "then why not just buy some $8 ar magazines and send them on their way."

The closest they came to answering was saying they wanted to be sure THEIR mags fit in the rifles and functioned fine.. OK but if its standard stanag mags and only yours function then all the other magazines on the market would not.

Bottom line is they are full of shit.
(my opinion)
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #600
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

Agreed.
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #601
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
All the more funny when they had admitted its standard stanag AR15 magazines.... They always dodge the question of "then why not just buy some $8 ar magazines and send them on their way."

The closest they came to answering was saying they wanted to be sure THEIR mags fit in the rifles and functioned fine.. OK but if its standard stanag mags and only yours function then all the other magazines on the market would not.

Bottom line is they are full of shit.
(my opinion)
Reptile as you and I very well know they have been full of shit from the very beginning of this project. The correct thing to do should have been to start with one caliber (like 7.62x39) make it work with that caliber then move on. But Nooooo that would make way too much sense.

For the dreamers who still have money on this Joke of a Gun here is a wakeup call. TO THIS VERY DAY THERE IS STILL NO VIDEO OF THIS THING DOING A SUCCESSFUL MAG DUMP OF 30 ROUNDS.

Wake Up it ain't going to happen and if by some miracle it does make it to production it will never be a real clone of a MP44/Stg44. It will simply be a cheap bastardized Look -A- Like of a famous Gun that most likely won't function correctly. No serious collector/reenactor will have anything to do with it.

hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #602
LegioRomanus
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167972

Although I retired as a Professor of Engineering Technology I also did an MBA along the way just to understand how the bean counters work.

I have to chuckle to myself as I read this LONG post.

In my MBA program we studied new product start up from beginning concept to end product.

These StG-44 guys have violated just about every rule we were taught in the MBA program years ago.

I swear I could have done a thesis analyzing the many mistakes of this company.
LegioRomanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #603
Sledge303

AKaholic #: 10623

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioRomanus View Post
Although I retired as a Professor of Engineering Technology I also did an MBA along the way just to understand how the bean counters work.

I have to chuckle to myself as I read this LONG post.

In my MBA program we studied new product start up from beginning concept to end product.

These StG-44 guys have violated just about every rule we were taught in the MBA program years ago.

I swear I could have done a thesis analyzing the many mistakes of this company.
However, like so many successful business's we see in recent times they nailed the marketing and yet produced little...
HMG was featured on the CNN Money program!
They were on some YouTube channels with 100's of thousands of subscribers.
They shared space at Shot Show with a large manufacturer / importer.
Whatever formula they used for their "social media" campaign worked very well.
People believed they (HMG) were going to make lots of CETME L's and were going to build the STG-44 for a bargain price.

That aspect of HMG is worth studying.
Sledge303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 PM   #604
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

You know what is really funny? NCReptile and I have been pretty big critics in here (espe him lol) and we both own rifles from HMG.

So we know they can make a half-decent product that works and looks pretty good.
Why they didn't just stick with the CETME-L and similar builds is beyond me. If they wanted to keep the STG44 as a pet project in the background, fine, but why stop making other guns?

My Md L isn't perfect, but its a lot nicer than say a Century Arms C93. I'd put it on par with a Vector V93 or similar. Perfectly good, just maybe with a few minor cosmetic things and needing a little break-in to be 100% (mine had a tight magwell when new for example).

Also, since HMG does have some of my money now, that gives me a ticket to talk about them however I feel is right and honest haha.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:40 PM   #605
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
However, like so many successful business's we see in recent times they nailed the marketing and yet produced little...
People believed they (HMG) were going to make lots of CETME L's and were going to build the STG-44 for a bargain price.

Yes it was excellent propaganda, Joseph Goebbels had excellent propaganda too. LOL

At the end of the day it means little if one can't produce working Product or in Goebbels case win a War.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #606
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
You know what is really funny? NCReptile and I have been pretty big critics in here (espe him lol) and we both own rifles from HMG.

So we know they can make a half-decent product that works and looks pretty good.
Why they didn't just stick with the CETME-L and similar builds is beyond me. If they wanted to keep the STG44 as a pet project in the background, fine, but why stop making other guns?

My Md L isn't perfect, but its a lot nicer than say a Century Arms C93. I'd put it on par with a Vector V93 or similar. Perfectly good, just maybe with a few minor cosmetic things and needing a little break-in to be 100% (mine had a tight magwell when new for example).

Also, since HMG does have some of my money now, that gives me a ticket to talk about them however I feel is right and honest haha.
+1

I agree, should have just stuck with something that was working for them.

Botton line is they bit off more than they could chew. Won't be the first or last time that happens.

But beyond all that what bothers me the most is destroying the whole concept of creating an historical Clone of the Stg44. Having the
unmitigated gall to create this CRAP and call it an improvement on the original, what a fucking joke. Then they call it an Stg44!
It's not an Stg44, it's HMG's bastardized concept of a Gun that they can market as one. Fuck them and their Crap.
IMHO the sooner they file for Bankruptcy the better.

There's an old saying "If you can't do the job right don't do it at all" That's something HMG violated from the start.

Last edited by hansellhd; 06-23-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #607
mishaco
Curio & Relic

HMG, winner of the Goebbels prize for 3 years in a roe.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #608
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Second hand talk was that Mac did not like how complicated the Cetme L was to build. I replied with a picture of an STG44 and a question mark next to it.

They had the Cetme L rifles that they had the knowledge/tools/social following to build and sell very well. And they still could as the market still does not have a consistent flow of the rifles or even the kits. Makes you wonder how much of the work they did in house if they abandoned a what appeared to be successful product to run down the STG44 rabbit hole.

PS The cetme L Mac(Military Arms Channel, not the previously mentioned Mac) and Misha hooked me up with(after a year of pestering Misha) has been very reliable, seemingly well made and it's an intriguing design.

Last edited by ncreptile; 06-23-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #609
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
+1

I agree, should have just stuck with something that was working for them.

Botton line is they bit off more than they could chew. Won't be the first or last time that happens.

But beyond all that what bothers me the most is destroying the whole concept of creating an historical Clone of the Stg44. Having the
unmitigated gall to create this CRAP and call it an improvement on the original, what a fucking joke. Then they call it an Stg44!
It's not an Stg44, it's HMG's bastardized concept of a Gun that they can market as one. Fuck them and their Crap.
IMHO the sooner they file for Bankruptcy the better.

There's an old saying "If you can't do the job right don't do it at all" That's something HMG violated from the start.
If and when they start shipping their rifles, a great many people will be excited and then let down when they realize it's not even close to an STG44, sure it looks very similar but it will be a lot like a PSL vs a Dragunov. People living our addicted life style(bless our hearts) tend to go for correctness/perfection within reason. We all wanted a dragunov at one point and instead got the cost friendly(Then) PSL.. For many it quenched that thirst, but for many it did not. With the PTR44 now nearing $10,000+ at auction I can't help but think demand and value for a "within reason" stg44 will go up up up after collectors thirst is not quenched by the Hill and Mac HamStick44.

HMG is working hard every day to drive the value of our PTR44s up.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #610
AK74NOLA
Flashy’s Idol.

AKaholic #: 193147

Would be nice if PTR ventured into the realm if STG44 again.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #611
JoeCorrado
FNG

AKaholic #: 193119

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
Now that would be awesome!
Old 06-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #612
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
If and when they start shipping their rifles, a great many people will be excited and then let down when they realize it's not even close to an STG44, sure it looks very similar but it will be a lot like a PSL vs a Dragunov. People living our addicted life style(bless our hearts) tend to go for correctness/perfection within reason. We all wanted a dragunov at one point and instead got the cost friendly(Then) PSL.. For many it quenched that thirst, but for many it did not. With the PTR44 now nearing $10,000+ at auction I can't help but think demand and value for a "within reason" stg44 will go up up up after collectors thirst is not quenched by the Hill and Mac HamStick44.

HMG is working hard every day to drive the value of our PTR44s up.
The difference is the PSL is an actual issued Military Rifle. The Cheap abomination HMG is trying to create is nothing of the sort. The whole thing is a scam, start to finish. (AND the FINISH never happens!)

The CETME L has a dubious service record and seems to be a somewhat compromised design. That being said when Dave has his on sale this fall I will get one for myself just to add to my Spanish gun collection.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #613
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Everyone knows hansel bashes the Cetme L now but he'll be posting pictures of it when he gets his in threads not even related to the rifle LOL. It's a very photogenic gun for sure. Must be the green.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #614
Sledge303

Quote:

If I remember correctly somewhere on another forum there is a thread about the HMG CETME L home build kits that were purchased on back-order and have yet to be delivered.
It appears that HMG was just buying the Model L kits as needed and when the kit supply was all bought up they could no longer build rifles or complete the "Home Builder Kits".
Old 06-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #615
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Everyone knows hansel bashes the Cetme L now but he'll be posting pictures of it when he gets his in threads not even related to the rifle LOL. It's a very photogenic gun for sure. Must be the green.
I don't consider it "Bashing" Reptile just repeating what I read about it over the years. Your buddy Misha mentioned the same things I talked about in his Video of the CETME L. I will admit I don't have first hand knowledge of it like yourself and Misha, maybe that will change after I shoot it. Who knows, but I doubt it.

As for taking pictures of it when I get it Hell yes. It is a photogenic little Carbine
for sure but simply not in the same category as some other Rifles.

Like these.

I would put the CETME L in the same Historical context as somthing like the Rasheed, little brother of the Hakim.

Last edited by hansellhd; 06-23-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #616
bounce19712
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 8142

found the letter today looking for something else...I'll post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce19712 View Post
rapid fire? no.

did the product say dont shoot surp ammo? no.

Did I say it was built to shoot surplus? you're a liar now...congrats.

everyone warned? lol

did it blow up with S&B commercial ammo? yes.

was the receiver bulged from out of battery detonations? brass stuck between the trunion and receiver? yes

vent gas? lol. try venting gas along with brass shrapnel.

you keep rounding off some rough edges in your favor on this.

was your trigger group eating disconnect spring? it did once..

be honest? you're redirecting like I'm out to get you with your flame comments. When it is you that's changing the story.

your product was an 800 dollar mistake. You took the rifle back and I tested with commercial ammo and it blew up again... OOB brass disintegration...

I'll find the pics again since you have pushed all the faults to me...then we'll dig up the old posts on Surprifle, Gunboards, Weapons Guild, SurvivorsSKS boards if you like.

slit cases...lol
Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski? The bums will always lose!

temp ban award winner: ka64
Posting a .gif of a Male Motor boating a woman's ass/vag from behind. No true nudity due to camera angle, still a sex act in the general forums...
bounce19712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #617
mishaco
Curio & Relic

hansellhd, i agree with you on pretty much all accounts. I have a CETME-L because it fits in my collection and i didn't have a rollerlock in 5.56 before anyway. It was military issue, so fits better than say an HK33 clone like the Vector V-93 i had ages ago...ok ok, i know those were used by a few militaries too but none that I actively collect. I tend to collect European military rifles, with a bit of the East tossed in like China, Korea, and Japan.

Anyway, the CETME-L was a good but not great design. I mean it was better than the L85 lol, but nothing like other Euro .223s of the day; Beretta AR70, Steyr AUG, FNC, etc.

Positives: relatively compact and lightweight, inexpensive to mass-produce, smooth shooting (light recoil, steady recoil impulse, controllable), decent to good ergonomics, took standard AR15/M16 mags (mostly), simple with few parts, and easy to field strip + maintain.
Negatives: Not 100% reliable (often requiring warmer Spanish made ammo to run when dirty), the issued magazines while steel just didn't seem to be reliable and were easily damaged, iron sights were just 'ok', Spanish military found mounting optics to be difficult (especially alligning them for zero), no automatic last round bolt hold open, weird ergonomics on the mag catch (no paddle release), and just a generally dated design by the standards of the late 1990s.

I've told this story multiple times, so feel free to skip if you've read it already, but why NCreptile thanked Tim of MAC for our CETME-Ls is because we were talking on the phone last Spring and i happened to mention I had a couple Mod L kits just taking up space and commented that I should get around to posting them on GB since the fixed stock ones were drying up (and so getting to be worth real money). I had received these kits a couple years earlier from Apex as samples to show Vector Arms (or anyone else) and see if they wanted to build them up. Apex at the time really wanted to offload them as they had hundreds and no serious major buyer.
Anyway, HMG had come along and all that, so my samples just sat here. Tim offered to get them built for me. He said he was sending HMG some Mod LC kits to get built and said he could send my L kits as a favor.
So i gave him the kits and really just forgot about it for months and months.
Then in this thread, people were telling me to just get my kits back from HMG before I lost them, and their $400ish each value in 2018.
Literally right before i sent an e-mail to Tim asking about this, he e-mailed me saying my rifles just showed up randomly at Copper.

So there we are. Their original run was from serial 0001 to 0100. My rifles were 0101-0105 range.
So someone out there thinks that they have the last HMG L but nope, I probably do....actually, which did i send you NCreptile? was it 101 or 105? haha.

But the sad part? Tim helped me out, turning kits that were literally just taking up space and in my way into working rifles, yet his own Model LC carbines?
Last I heard, he was still waiting. I feel bad that I can't help him out but he's the one that knows HMG, not me.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #618
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce19712 View Post
found the letter today looking for something else...I'll post it here.
Not sure what this has to do with HMG but I will say Rick Smith of SMG is a Stand up Guy who builds excellent rifles.
He said he was going to make a clone of the FG42 and he delivered. It wasn't three years behind schedule with endless
excuses and no delivery date like Fat man gives.

Rifle pictured after shooting 300 flawless rounds.

Last edited by hansellhd; 06-24-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #619
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
hansellhd, i agree with you on pretty much all accounts. I have a CETME-L because it fits in my collection and i didn't have a rollerlock in 5.56 before anyway. It was military issue, so fits better than say an HK33 clone like the Vector V-93 i had ages ago...ok ok, i know those were used by a few militaries too but none that I actively collect. I tend to collect European military rifles, with a bit of the East tossed in like China, Korea, and Japan.

Anyway, the CETME-L was a good but not great design. I mean it was better than the L85 lol, but nothing like other Euro .223s of the day; Beretta AR70, Steyr AUG, FNC, etc.

Positives: relatively compact and lightweight, inexpensive to mass-produce, smooth shooting (light recoil, steady recoil impulse, controllable), decent to good ergonomics, took standard AR15/M16 mags (mostly), simple with few parts, and easy to field strip + maintain.
Negatives: Not 100% reliable (often requiring warmer Spanish made ammo to run when dirty), the issued magazines while steel just didn't seem to be reliable and were easily damaged, iron sights were just 'ok', Spanish military found mounting optics to be difficult (especially alligning them for zero), no automatic last round bolt hold open, weird ergonomics on the mag catch (no paddle release), and just a generally dated design by the standards of the late 1990s.

I've told this story multiple times, so feel free to skip if you've read it already, but why NCreptile thanked Tim of MAC for our CETME-Ls is because we were talking on the phone last Spring and i happened to mention I had a couple Mod L kits just taking up space and commented that I should get around to posting them on GB since the fixed stock ones were drying up (and so getting to be worth real money). I had received these kits a couple years earlier from Apex as samples to show Vector Arms (or anyone else) and see if they wanted to build them up. Apex at the time really wanted to offload them as they had hundreds and no serious major buyer.
Anyway, HMG had come along and all that, so my samples just sat here. Tim offered to get them built for me. He said he was sending HMG some Mod LC kits to get built and said he could send my L kits as a favor.
So i gave him the kits and really just forgot about it for months and months.
Then in this thread, people were telling me to just get my kits back from HMG before I lost them, and their $400ish each value in 2018.
Literally right before i sent an e-mail to Tim asking about this, he e-mailed me saying my rifles just showed up randomly at Copper.

So there we are. Their original run was from serial 0001 to 0100. My rifles were 0101-0105 range.
So someone out there thinks that they have the last HMG L but nope, I probably do....actually, which did i send you NCreptile? was it 101 or 105? haha.

But the sad part? Tim helped me out, turning kits that were literally just taking up space and in my way into working rifles, yet his own Model LC carbines?
Last I heard, he was still waiting. I feel bad that I can't help him out but he's the one that knows HMG, not me.

How true, here they are Jan of 2017 explaining The problems with the POS.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #620
LegioRomanus
Curio & Relic

Quote:

Agree with you that the internet and mass media have impacted marketing of new products tremendously.

In these times a couple of guys with a garage-level machine shop can get on this board or facebook or youtube or whatever and announce they have built a wonderful new rifle or whatever product......

There was never a chance I would PREPAY for one of these supposed StG-44 rifles.

I was born at night but I was not born last night.

Feel sorry for those who PREPAID.

Good luck ever getting your money back OR getting a quality StG-44 rifle.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #621
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Man oh man. Wow. I did not know about any FG42 anything. Thanks for mentioning this amazing rifle/machine gun. Those are so cool. That is an amazing engineering feet for WW2 technology.

As for HMG, I think it is a scam or a disasterous mistake with his STG-44 wannabe.

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
—-///——///———-///——
Originally posted by ColonelKorn

According to another long-term ALS survivor, Jason Becker, the disease doesn't affect the ability to lay pipe. Imagine Hawking's robot voice saying, "Yes. Yes. Shake those. Titties. Bitch.."
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #622
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Regarding SMG & Rick Smith, seconding that their products seem nice and Rick seems like an honest businessman.
Maybe he'll turn his attention to making an STG44 one day.

The German SSD gun could have been fixed too. The fit + finish was great, and the overall design was solid. Just get the heat treat for the internals right, tighten up the QC for the chamber/feedramp, improve the USA made FCG parts, and ship with at least 1 decent quality mag; and you'd have yourself something.

Bringing a decent semi STG44 to market isn't rocket science and isn't actually near as difficult as either the PTR 44 or HMG make it appear to be.
Will the gun be 100% reliable? Honestly probably not because the originals weren't 100% reliable. They were rushed into production during wartime, and they were manufactured mostly during a time when Germany was fighting a defensive war....on two fronts no less.

So if you closely copy the original, you are going to inherit its shortcomings and flaws too, and that's fine by me. I want an authentic STG44, not an "improved" one.
If i wanted that, I'd just get a G3 type, AK type, or AR15 type rifle. Each of those improved upon the STG44 in various ways already.
You could argue that mechanically, those are closer to an STG than the thing HMG is claiming to make anyway.
I mean, at least they are true milspec rifles and not some half-assed thing for the US civilian sporting market.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #623
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Regarding SMG & Rick Smith, seconding that their products seem nice and Rick seems like an honest businessman.
Maybe he'll turn his attention to making an STG44 one day.

The German SSD gun could have been fixed too. The fit + finish was great, and the overall design was solid. Just get the heat treat for the internals right, tighten up the QC for the chamber/feedramp, improve the USA made FCG parts, and ship with at least 1 decent quality mag; and you'd have yourself something.

Bringing a decent semi STG44 to market isn't rocket science and isn't actually near as difficult as either the PTR 44 or HMG make it appear to be.
Will the gun be 100% reliable? Honestly probably not because the originals weren't 100% reliable. They were rushed into production during wartime, and they were manufactured mostly during a time when Germany was fighting a defensive war....on two fronts no less.

So if you closely copy the original, you are going to inherit its shortcomings and flaws too, and that's fine by me. I want an authentic STG44, not an "improved" one.
If i wanted that, I'd just get a G3 type, AK type, or AR15 type rifle. Each of those improved upon the STG44 in various ways already.
You could argue that mechanically, those are closer to an STG than the thing HMG is claiming to make anyway.
I mean, at least they are true milspec rifles and not some half-assed thing for the US civilian sporting market.

Right on Brother.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #624
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Ended up with 101.

Hansel's FG42 convinced me I needed one.. Maybe my CETME L can do the same for this poor lost CetmeLess gun safe.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 PM   #625
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Ended up with 101.

Hansel's FG42 convinced me I needed one.. Maybe my CETME L can do the same for this poor lost CetmeLess gun safe.
Real Spanish CETME Rifles shoot 7.62x51.

I thing you need one Reptile.

As far as that little green "L" goes I will be ordering from Marcolmar who will actually get the job done and keep them in stock for
more than a couple of weeks.

http://www.semiuk59.com

Last edited by hansellhd; 06-24-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:44 AM   #626
Sledge303

Quote:
Ended up with 101.

The people at Battle Field Las Vegas have a SMG FG-42 in the rental collection.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMxfHZDQlE/

http://battlefieldvegas.tumblr.com/p...-beautiful-and

https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/pro...atrooper-rifle

I bet that rental gun has had a LOT of rounds run thru it!

Last edited by Sledge303; 06-25-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #627
Wilhelm

AKaholic #: 178461

Well over 10,000 last I knew and that was a while ago. I initially had problems with mine because the bolt was oversized. Once that was corrected (free of charge, extremely fast and beautifully done) all the reliability issues disappeared. I'm about 60 rounds short of 1000 and it runs very well now. That's not to say it never jams (originals did too) but it is extremely reliable now.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #628
mishaco
Curio & Relic

An FG42 would be interesting and neat to own. My problem is other Germanic firearms keep getting n the way heh.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #629
LegioRomanus
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
AGREE.

Now THEY could make a decent one.

And we would not die of old age waiting for them to make it either!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #630
Wilhelm

AKaholic #: 178461

Quote:
An FG42 would be interesting and neat to own. My problem is other Germanic firearms keep getting n the way heh.
That's not necessarily a bad problem to have my friend!