Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > SVDs and RomAK IIIs

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
randomirish

AKaholic #: 189213
Default PSL/FPK Parts questions

I have a couple of questions Im sure have been answered on here before, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

1. Is the trigger group and safety the same as a standard AKM? i.e. Could I put an ALG AKT trigger and a Krebs safety in the rifle it self?

2. Is there any kind of longer stocks made for one? Ive got long arms and the short little stock is far from comfortable for me to shoot. I would like to stay with wood but would look into other poly options if I have to. My receiver is not a flat back its the curved back.

3. What would a good general purpose Optic be for the rifle? I was thinking either a standard com bloc optic or using the RS Regulate mount with a pair of 30mm rings and a vortex strike eagle or similar
randomirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Mark75H
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 158645

The only part that is the same is the single hook trigger itself. All the other parts are similar but not interchangeable.

Not sure how much longer the Black Horse adjustable stock is if any. Outside of that, I don't think there are any off the shelf stocks that are longer than original. Jerry's stuff looks good and recent reports are favorable, but his history is sketchy. COD or postal money order is the only way I'd consider dealing with him.

Last edited by Mark75H; 01-27-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #3
JimMac
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169345

Ive got a Rhineland arms stock for mine. Its Longer, one of mine has a tapco trigger in it. Not sure about the about about about parts. Jim
JimMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #4
randomirish

I'm sorry Mark but I have no idea who Jerry is. I'm fairly new here and am not familiar with everyone who produces parts and stocks.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
GTR

AKaholic #: 154713

Jerry owns Black Horse Arsenal.
He had a few problems in the past delivering his products. I hear he has resolved many issues and is shipping products again.
The full story (both sides) can be viewed by searching BHA on this site.
GTR
GTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #6
randomirish

Thanks GTR
Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #7
Bolt2bounce
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 14269

Quote:
He had a few problems in the past delivering his products.
Now that is funny stuff....
Bolt2bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:36 AM   #8
GTR

I figured it was easier to reply to randomirish and bypass all the drama that jerry perpetrated upon the members here. I have read a few posts on another forum that product is shipping from BHA and the individuals have received orders. That being said
COD would be the only option.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:39 AM   #9
Bolt2bounce
Curio & Relic

Quote:
COD would be the only option.
yeah I highly doubt (betting not) he would give you that option.. how would he use the funds to pay peter and paul ...
Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
randomirish

Whats the deal with Rhineland? Ive looked at their website but Im not too sure if they are active. I like their stock options, I just want to make sure my money wont be lost in limbo somewhere while I wait on a stock that may or may not be coming.

Also Ive read that some people have put ALG AKT triggers in their PSL rifles, is this possible with a little modification that will still keep the rifle safe to shoot or am I stuck with what I have? It does now have one of the red star adjustable triggers from what I was told by the gentleman I purchased it from.

Last edited by randomirish; 01-30-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
Mark75H
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomirish View Post
Whats the deal with Rhineland? Ive looked at their website but Im not too sure if they are active. I like their stock options, I just want to make sure my money wont be lost in limbo somewhere while I wait on a stock that may or may not be coming.

Also Ive read that some people have put ALG AKT triggers in their PSL rifles, is this possible with a little modification that will still keep the rifle safe to shoot or am I stuck with what I have? It does now have one of the red star adjustable triggers from what I was told by the gentleman I purchased it from.
PSL's use AK single hook triggers. If its just the trigger and its single hook, it fits.

Black Horse does COD
Old 01-31-2017, 12:25 AM   #12
INDYK
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 149930

[QUOTE=randomirish;3804764]

2. Is there any kind of longer stocks made for one? Ive got long arms and the short little stock is far from comfortable for me to shoot. I would like to stay with wood but would look into other poly options if I have to. My receiver is not a flat back its the curved back.

I use these guys on my Psl as well, best accessory i ever put on the thing. I think this is your ticket if you want to stay with the wooden stock and add length. UTG is a good cheap option or go with the ones from Kalinka if ya wanna choose from an assortment of colors.

online pics

Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #13
randomirish

Thanks for all the help guys its much appreciated.

An update on what is going on I have acquired an LPS TIP2 4x scope at my local pawn shop of all places. and I tried mounting it today and it doesnt seem to want to slide onto the rail. Seems like the bottom of the mount is bumping against the bottom of the rail. Is it more likely that the rail is out of spec? The rifle has a TGI Import mark on the bottom of it, and from what research I have done they seem notorious for this. Does anyone have experience in fixing this issue? and what steps would I need to take to fix it?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #14
Mark75H
Veteran Member

Some rails are out of spec and need to be trued with a triangular file or milling tool.

Your pictures show the scope latch in the locked position ... are you putting it on locked or unlocked?

Do you know how to adjust the turret nut on the scope latch?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #15
Apache
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 170773

The mount on the scope is adjustable. You may still have an out-of-spec scope rail on the rifle, but try letting out the mounting screw all the way first.
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:16 AM   #16
Bolt2bounce
Curio & Relic

it's likely not been machined for a scope yet and is oversized... a lot of the TGI receivers were either unfinished or seconds.. I had to fit all of mine in several places trigger opening scope rail and top rails all needed fitting...
Old 02-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #17
GTR

If you have a dial caliper to measure the scope mount rail then this link should rule out the the Rail.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100424

Adjustment of the mount may be required.

GTR
Old 02-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #18
savagebrother

AKaholic #: 162509

i was lucky and got one of the square end receivers so i could use AK style stocks.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #19
Mark75H
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebrother View Post
i was lucky and got one of the square end receivers so i could use AK style stocks.

I wish I had done that with mine instead of converting it to std furniture
Old 02-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #20
randomirish

I have tried putting the optic on the rail with the latch open and adjusted wide open. Looks like it's hitting the bottom lip of the mount by just a hair, I'll see if I can't get the measurements. I'm leaning towards it being the rail because the optic mounted perfectly on my Cugir WASR earlier today.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
Mark75H
Veteran Member

As long as you know how to adjust that castle nut and have it near the end of the threads, that's what counts. Its not just about moving the latch handle.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #22
randomirish

I have moved the nut all the way out to the end of the threads, and have had the latch open. Like I said it went onto my WASR easily, but not the PSL rail. it doesnt hit on the clamp itself its hitting just by a hair on the mount itself. SO Im guessing I just need to trim the rail a bit to get the rail in spec.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #23
Mark75H
Veteran Member

I believe the WASR & AK are a completely different spec. If your scope really fits the WASR/AK ... its not the PSL that's the problem, its that your scope mount is AK spec and not PSL spec.

Look at Kalinka's website; I think you can buy a PSL mount (the bottom part of the scope mount/bracket assembly) that fits the PSL.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
randomirish

Is there any way to tell the difference? And I was under the impression that the Romanian optics used universal mounts. I've attached images of the optic and mount.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:25 AM   #25
Eddie1965

AKaholic #: 161896

I have TGI import that had an unfinished rail, a local guy with a mill helped me out and now the scope slides on with no problem. Find someone who can help you out, it's the rail.
Eddie1965 is offline   Reply With Quote