Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #36
Pheenix11
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Mishaco is dead on the money , There has to be enough demand to warrant a 223/556 or 545 x 39 model run . The fact is there is not enough to warrant the investment in tooling etc so it is doubtful you will ever see this coming from Century or Romania.
So you’re saying there’s a chance? LOL J/K

I noticed you didn’t include our friends in Poland in this...

Are we at the point that 5.56 AK’s are more widely used worldwide than 5.45? Are 5.56 AK’s the future?
Pheenix11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #37
Funkerman

AKaholic #: 175301

Great now Kvar's website is down.. this is not helping my concern at the moment. But is a 503 error so they are either swamped or their server is getting worked on.
Funkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #38
Pheenix11
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkerman View Post
Great now Kvar's website is down.. this is not helping my concern at the moment. But is a 503 error so they are either swamped or their server is getting worked on.
Maybe they’re loading it up with new stuff. Someone found a crate!
Pheenix11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #39
Funkerman

AKaholic #: 175301

Well for what its worth: thank you very much to Mishaco and to Atlantic for replying. I don't want to say I've been licked, but I am thinking of looking into already made options. I prefer my AK( never owned or had the chance to try an AR) so yeah.. This was educational but deflating. ehh crap.
Funkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #40
Tyrehan01

AKaholic #: 184281

I guess I have to wait for a PSA 556 AK or maybe trading some of my imports for an AR.
Tyrehan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #41
TangoUniform
за мой Автомат Калашникова
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 167175

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
"VEPR 1V"

That was a true, authentic RPK200 series modern rifle...

Literally the only thing people complained about was that it was in 5.56mm and not 7.62x39 or 5.45x39. For this reason more than any other, they didn't buy one, even when the price dropped to $1,099.95.
I kick myself in the ass every time someone brings up the screaming deal that VEPR 1V RPK was. I more than once, during that short time period, almost pulled the trigger and bought the rifle and 6 magazines.

What. A. Dumbass. I. Am!!!

The ONLY reason I didn't buy the 1V was because I thought that Molot would import the exact same rifle but in 5.45x39. I mean, the only difference was the barrel, right??

Lesson learned... the hard way!
Это моя винтовка. Существует много, таких как она, но эта единственная моя!
TangoUniform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #42
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

Agree with everything said since my last post. Sorry guys that when i do post, they tend to be long but notice i usually can only post in a thread once or twice a day, so i save up what i have to say and make it count. Just my limited time + using a TTS program.

Anyhow, regarding the VEPR 1V. I sold then in my store since literally day #1. I was on RT's preorder list for them for nearly 6 months, so got the first ones and definitely got the first video preview up on youtube back in 2013 (i hate watching our old videos BTW).
So ordered them, sold them, and for a time didn't keep one for myself.
Like most of us, i was waiting for an X39 option...and RT even told me that one was coming. Then i realised that RT doesn't know jack or shit about anything, and that if they said an X39 was coming, that probably meant it wasn't lol.

I kept a 5.56, figuring that even if X39s did hit, the RPK74M/201/203 parts alone like the stock and bipod would be worth what the rifle cost me. At the time, they were $950 dealer. The price had dropped because they weren't selling.
Original Molot 5.56 45 rd mags were $40 when bought in bulk also.

So i kept a rifle and 4 mags to fill a pouch for it.

Fast forward to today, and between my Vector RPK74 and Molot VEPR 1V, care to guess which gets more range time and which I've enjoyed more?
5.56 is just too easy to get, inexpensive, and we nearly always bring some with us to the range for other rifles...so i'll throw the VEPR 1V in the car too just because.

It helps that the Archer is another of my very favorite rifles, and not only is it an AK in the same caliber as the 1V, but it even uses the same magazines.

Last year, i got an Arsenal SLR106CR to join them. I figured since the SLR104CR never happened, that 5.56x45 is closer in ballistics to 5.45 than 7.62x39, so a 106CR was a good aprox of the AK105...and the AK102 is a thing anyway.
And yep, uses the same mags as the 1V and Archer too. I did get some circle10s for it though, just to be safe.

This is why i'd jump on a new SAM5 import..or hey if any one here has a nice used SA M-5, hit me up. I'd probably take it off your hands hehe.

Final though, 100% there with you on the M90. If Century had sold an M90PV or M90PS whatever that took standard Yugo/Serbian rock-in mags, I'd have bought it. Afterall, those mags were once dirt cheap for $10 and i sware once i saw them for $6! For that money you can keep your cheesy AR15 magwell adaptor. I'll take $100 and get 10-18 orig mags that I know will work for ages.

They just went too modern and tactical with the M90NP. For me, nice wood and original mags would have sold it because i don't have a .223 AK in a classic styling.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #43
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

I can’t believe someone doesn’t believe Zastava is built strong enough for them.

The Zastava has a thicker trunnion than a Vepr and a barrel almost as thick as an RPK and a reinforced tank trunnion. The only way to have a stronger weapon is milled forged adamantium from wolverine.

Id like to see more 545 stuff.

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9
—-///——///———-///——
Originally posted by ColonelKorn

According to another long-term ALS survivor, Jason Becker, the disease doesn't affect the ability to lay pipe. Imagine Hawking's robot voice saying, "Yes. Yes. Shake those. Titties. Bitch.."
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #44
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Sorry, didn't know there was a page #2 with a 1V comment.

One more thing, while i was hopeful for an X39 version, I became skeptical and here are the reasons why.

First, i was reading forums from over in Europe (Germany I think?) and people were saying that the VEPR 1V in .223 had been on the market for a few years by that point (2013), but that Molot had never exported other calibers. So i started thinking that if they hadn't ever brought them to market there, would they really here?

Second, the Russian gov't. They are very picky about exporting "military" style firearms, especially to the USA. The VEPR 1V was pretty damn military too! Sure it came in with a thumbhole stock, but under that was a squareback receiver, standard PG hole, and even the complete folding stock trunnion and henge. All I.O/RT had to do was remove that TH stock and install a clubfoot and std grip. From there, the only thing keeping the folder from working was a tiny tackweld. Other features were a double stack magwell only needing a bullet guide, military sights, std handguards, full length heavy RPK barrel with bipod, and even 14mm threaded muzzle...so pretty damn "military."

But one thing, ".223 Remington" (Molot actually uses 5.56 NATO chambers though) is not considered a military caliber in Russia. It is a civilian sporting/hunting round. In fact their shooting teams use it.
So I theorized that because the VEPR 1v was in a "sporting" caliber, perhaps this allowed it to be just not, quite "military" enough so that the Russian gov't approved its export?
Not sure if they use an official points system like the USA does? or if its more informal than that (it probably is knowning Russia), but I have to wonder if a 1V in X39 just couldn't get approved for export, especially to the USA?
Only my idea there, so please don't take it as anything serious but food for thought.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #45
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
I can’t believe someone doesn’t believe Zastava is built strong enough for them.

The Zastava has a thicker trunnion than a Vepr and a barrel almost as thick as an RPK and a reinforced tank trunnion. The only way to have a stronger weapon is milled forged adamantium from wolverine.

Id like to see more 545 stuff.

But, But.....Battlefield Las Vegas......but, but.....AKOU & Rob Ski's tests!
Old 06-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #46
Trvrswsr1234

AKaholic #: 193880

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
I kick myself in the ass every time someone brings up the screaming deal that VEPR 1V RPK was. I more than once, during that short time period, almost pulled the trigger and bought the rifle and 6 magazines.

What. A. Dumbass. I. Am!!!

The ONLY reason I didn't buy the 1V was because I thought that Molot would import the exact same rifle but in 5.45x39. I mean, the only difference was the barrel, right??

Lesson learned... the hard way!
Well not really it's a different bolt face and the whole magazine to bullet guide area has to be I tiny bit different but the biggest difference is when building a Kalashnikov with a strait walled cartridge like 5.56 the little commie dwarfs aren't aloud to drink while they hammer it together on a big Santa work shop style conveyer belt and it's really bad for work relations
Trvrswsr1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #47
Trvrswsr1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
But, But.....Battlefield Las Vegas......but, but.....AKOU & Rob Ski's tests!
Yeah the rifle in that test was definitely an outlier plus if I remember the one he bent had a standard akm 1mm receiver
Old 06-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #48
RUSSIAN AK FAN
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrehan01 View Post
...maybe trading some of my imports for an AR.
That’s a stupid move, IMO.

Imported AKs are like gold, right now. If you must have an AR, save up for it.
RUSSIAN AK FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #49
mishaco
Curio & Relic

And by save up, he means skip paying your cable/satellite bill for 2-3 months. Good god has that shit got expensive.....and AR15s cheap.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #50
RUSSIAN AK FAN
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176305

When you’re selling an imported AK to buy an AR, you’re going the wrong way, IMO.

.......and my Direct TV bill last month was over $200 last month, so, yes, a month or two off of Satellite could get you an AR.
RUSSIAN AK FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #51
Trvrswsr1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN AK FAN View Post
When you’re selling an imported AK to buy an AR, you’re going the wrong way, IMO.

.......and my Direct TV bill last month was over $200 last month, so, yes, a month or two off of Satellite could get you an AR.
This ^^^^

That being said I really suggest picking up your first AR because well let's just say they are popular for a reason

Be sure to stick it to diana fienstie and build it on an 80% lower
Old 06-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #52
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN AK FAN View Post

This^^ AR's are plentiful, they are a dime a dozen.. You can find AR's in almost very firearm store. AK's not so....
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:05 AM   #53
silvermane_1
((the wagons))anti-troll brigade CO

AKaholic #: 170966

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
This^^ AR's are plentiful, they are a dime a dozen.. You can find AR's in almost very firearm store. AK's not so....
yuppers ars are ubiquitous, to bad aks aren't.
Happiness is a road, lined with the bones of those whom sold out America, for personal gain/profit. -Me
"Sic semper nova orbis terrae ordinatio collectarius"-Me

i'm a anti-zionist: http://www.antizionism.org
silvermane_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #54
TheBohunk
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174221

Pretty much agree with everything being said, especially mishaco.

However, couldn't it be argued that it would make sense for Century to import a 5.45 rifle since none of their homebrewed abominations would compete against it? There would still need to be big enough demand, of course. But if that were satisfied I can't see why Century would be against it.

In or around Iowa? Join the Iowa Region Avtomats
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=23

Last edited by TheBohunk; 06-17-2018 at 07:19 AM.
TheBohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #55
Tyrehan01

AKaholic #: 184281

You really think century knows what they're doing? After all they were once one of the biggest AK importer / sellers in the states. Now they have all this competition and no one says Century has the best AKA anymore. The only good thing they bring in now it's the loss or 10 and the ak63ds which the ak63ds is a parts build mutt. For goodness sakes they can't even put a 4150 Chrome Moly Barrel in it they're still using 4140. Which is strange since the c39 has a 4150. I said all this to say this Century does not care what we want and that's why they're in the shape they're in they could be so much more.
Tyrehan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #56
deadduck357
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 14612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrehan01 View Post
You really think century knows what they're doing? After all they were once one of the biggest AK importer / sellers in the states. Now they have all this competition and no one says Century has the best AKA anymore. The only good thing they bring in now it's the loss or 10 and the ak63ds which the ak63ds is a parts build mutt. For goodness sakes they can't even put a 4150 Chrome Moly Barrel in it they're still using 4140. Which is strange since the c39 has a 4150. I said all this to say this Century does not care what we want and that's why they're in the shape they're in they could be so much more.
Understand what your preaching but there is nothing at all wrong with 4140; heck even the 4130 barrels I have are doing great.
deadduck357 is offline   Reply With Quote