Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809
Default The Shockwave has met its match!

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...m_medium=email
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

My shockwave has those 2 words on the side of it this one doesn't have, though. Moss Berg.
Where's this one come from? Same chinese factory that made the DDI shotgun? Its got some unnamed discount "foreign parts" in it.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Extra Medium
Spectacular Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 188133

VEPR or BUST
Old 05-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

this things been out for like 3/4 a year lol, i think it was out before the shockwave and tac 14
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
carls ak
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 175262
Lightbulb

can get 3 shockwaves for that price or one trench, hmmmm.

Romanian AK 47 WASR 10/63
YUGO M-70 N-PAP
carls ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Generic pot metal mag fed Chinese shotgun. Who’s trying to sell that shit now? Every few months the name of the model changes and so does the importer.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #7
AlphaTango4
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 164926

No thanks....

My friends know how to reach me. I'm out.
AlphaTango4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
Steve_In_29
Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

While it might have more capacity initially, like ALL mag fed weapons you have to reload the mag at some point. Carry a spare (bulky) mag(s) or spend time refilling the one you have.

With the Shockwave you simply feed the rounds directly into the weapon. Easier and can even be done to top off the mag tube from your pocket.
Steve_In_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 PM   #9
Conn. AK
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 4732

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
My shockwave has those 2 words on the side of it this one doesn't have, though. Moss Berg.
Where's this one come from? Same chinese factory that made the DDI shotgun? Its got some unnamed discount "foreign parts" in it.
Your "Mossberg" is made from outsourced parts from Mexico and China and "Proudly Made (assembled) in The USA" for many years as O.F. Mossberg deserted generations of workers who manufactured the Mossberg line in Connecticut. But it's a proven design even in the Maverick 88. Watch any of the Mossberg Factory videos on YouTube. Looks more like a Mexican factory assembling parts their cousins made for $2 an hour in Mexico just a stone throw across the Rio Grande from Eagle Pass, Texas.
Conn. AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #10
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn. AK View Post
Your "Mossberg" is made from outsourced parts from Mexico and China and "Proudly Made (assembled) in The USA" for many years as O.F. Mossberg deserted generations of workers who manufactured the Mossberg line in Connecticut. But it's a proven design even in the Maverick 88. Watch any of the Mossberg Factory videos on YouTube. Looks more like a Mexican factory assembling parts their cousins made for $2 an hour in Mexico just a stone throw across the Rio Grande from Eagle Pass, Texas.
Its a crying shame not much of anything if fully "Made in the USA" anymore.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
giantpune
Curio & Relic

I'll still take my 'Made somewhere in North America' Mossberg over a chinesium noname 12ga.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #12
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

Well for what it is worth a lot of us make parts and accessories for these Chinese imports, technically the trench 12 is "MADE IN USA WITH GLOBAL COMPONENTS"..
Old 05-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #13
Conn. AK
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 4732

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
Well for what it is worth a lot of us make parts and accessories for these Chinese imports, technically the trench 12 is "MADE IN USA WITH GLOBAL COMPONENTS"..
Global meaning Chinese and Mexican. In the proud Mossberg (recent) tradition, made (assembled) in America. I've never heard any indication of the USA making any components in the Trench 12.
Conn. AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:41 AM   #14
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

I own 2 Mossbergs and have owned many others over the years. I have always been happy with them, and hey i like Mexican food...so why not shotgun parts also?

I have no interest in a Chinese Saiga clone. One factor that has always made the Saiga 12 and VEPR 12 attractive for me is where they are made.
Russian military contract factories, and both shotguns have seen a lot of police and some military use in Russia and even outside of it.

I don't own many shotguns, so those I do ahve, I've carefully selected and really care about.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #15
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Guys, I did some searching. I came up on AWS's's's website. After reading the information they provided, I've decided to sell 3 of my Mossbergs to fund the amazing trench 12. Why? Its simple.

Quote:
The Trench-12 is the single most effective home-defense firearm in the world.
Single. Most effective. Home-defense. Firearm. In .The. World. Y'all.
We already know the military and police pedigrees for the 590, 870, and the like. Trench 12 has them all beat. By what metric? Nobody knows. But its more effective and defending your home, singularly, and in the world.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #16
CrusherDestroyer
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169869

If it was $400 it could be a contender. Shockwave also takes those mini shells that are pretty fun.
CrusherDestroyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #17
Steve_In_29
Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherDestroyer View Post
If it was $400 it could be a contender. Shockwave also takes those mini shells that are pretty fun.
To be accurate, it will take them AFTER the installation of the OPSol mini shell adapter and the adapter has to be removed to use regular shells again.

Out of the box the Shockwave will handle the 2.25" shells from NobelSports (and others) which should give it an extra round in the mag tube for a 6+1 capacity.
Steve_In_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #18
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
Generic pot metal mag fed Chinese shotgun. Who’s trying to sell that shit now? Every few months the name of the model changes and so does the importer.
preach it brother!!!

i got a sko-12 pgo for 600.... its USA made, ar furniture, not pot metal junk... has a bolt buffer, lrbho, not chinese commie trash, etc etc
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #19
A J
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173129

$900 is too much bread for an unproven weapon, no matter how sexy.
A J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 PM   #20
jhartmac1

AKaholic #: 172136

Whats everyones opinion on......MAG fed for HD? To me it seems it would interfere.....I like the ole 870 or .....1100....
jhartmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #21
boxermachine

AKaholic #: 177050

[QUOTE$900 is too much bread for an unproven weapon, no matter how sexy.
][/QUOTE]
Why not be a big boy and buy one and 'prove it' yourself?
Norinco 56 Underfolder, Stamped Polish AK ,MOLOT Vepr 20' 7.62x54r Squareback w/ Zuhkov, Micro Draco, turbothis Serbian PAP w/ Triangle Sidefolder & PBS5, de-banned Norinco Mak90 spiker. Norinco Type 86s Bullpup, Wasr 10/63 Contractor, Bakelite DDI AK74, Sig 551 Classic.
boxermachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #22
Barth
Likes Suchkas

AKaholic #: 168359

I'm happy with a Shockwave
Barth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #23
Polytech_81

AKaholic #: 194253

All you assclowns talking shit because its not 'made in muurica, must be pot metal!' your current production Remington 870s are 'proudly made in USA, but full of US made MIM steel. Ive seen and heard of countless 870s break and fail because of weak MIM components, poor QC. Even Mossberg 500s break under hard use. However for the price Im quite impressed with Model 88s, though I know you all hate them so much because its made south of the border.

This applies to other US and even Euro made guns as well, full of weak MIM steel. Ive snapped the safety of a SIG 1911 just by playing with it. I replaced the shit MIM extractors on 2 of my Gen3 Glock 19s with forged Apex ones because they failed after just a few thousand rounds.

All my Chinese made weapons including my Hawk 982 all use forged steel, dont see MIM anywhere. No metallurgy issues, reliable and the Hawk just feels solid, even the OEM furniture is beefier than the flimsey feeling plastic crap that comes on Mossbergs and Remingtons. If I had the money Id play with this new mag fed thing but Ill personally stick with my Mossberg M590 SPX and Hawk 982 just because I dont trust any mag fed shotgun.

Made in murica doesnt mean shit
Polytech_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #24
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Cool DW V-Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polytech_81 View Post
My Dan Wesson really is made in America.
No MIM parts at all.
It really can mean something...
Old 06-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #25
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

Quote:
All you assclowns talking shit because its not 'made in muurica, must be pot metal!' your current production Remington 870s are 'proudly made in USA, but full of US made MIM steel. Ive seen and heard of countless 870s break and fail because of weak MIM components, poor QC. Even Mossberg 500s break under hard use. However for the price Im quite impressed with Model 88s, though I know you all hate them so much because its made south of the border.

This applies to other US and even Euro made guns as well, full of weak MIM steel. Ive snapped the safety of a SIG 1911 just by playing with it. I replaced the shit MIM extractors on 2 of my Gen3 Glock 19s with forged Apex ones because they failed after just a few thousand rounds.

All my Chinese made weapons including my Hawk 982 all use forged steel, dont see MIM anywhere. No metallurgy issues, reliable and the Hawk just feels solid, even the OEM furniture is beefier than the flimsey feeling plastic crap that comes on Mossbergs and Remingtons. If I had the money Id play with this new mag fed thing but Ill personally stick with my Mossberg M590 SPX and Hawk 982 just because I dont trust any mag fed shotgun.

in this assclowns opinion it means the fit and finish appears like the gun was final machined, then maybe bead blasted, then a finish applied....
not sure whats got your booty so hurt, but preparation h or the like maybe in you future? or stop eating M&Ms, they get me too...
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #26
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379

I have completely fallen out of love for mag-fed shotguns upon learning plastic hull cases can and will deform while loaded in a magazine, making it completely impossible to have a reliable "ready mag" which means in my book: range fun only.

Price tag is absurd too IMHO. Not going to spend $900 on a Chinese shotgun, no matter by whom or where its assembled.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:01 AM   #27
Polytech_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barth View Post
My Dan Wesson really is made in America.
No MIM parts at all.
It really can mean something...
Dan Wesson? I thought their guns were made in Czech Republic.

I've owned 3 Springfields, a GI, Mil-Spec and a MC Operator. The GI was stamped Brazil while the other 2 said Geneseo IL. I bought these before Springfield decided to source all their parts in the US. Some people actually get bothered by the Brazil thing but not me. I put at least a thousand rounds through all 3 each and all performed great.

Kimbers are US made yet alot of people complain about them. The ones Ive shot at rental ranges were accurate but I never bought one because of price, I don't care for their Swartz Safety and I've seen more than one rust just sitting underneath the glass counter. Also no thanks on paying $1k+ on a gun full of MIM parts.

I used to believe the hype against the Filipino made RIA/Armscor 1911s but people who actually own and shoot them love them, never hear complaints. The guys at Battlefield Vegas seem to like them as well. If I were interested in shooting .45 again I would not hesitate to get one.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:30 AM   #28
Polytech_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydecimator View Post
in this assclowns opinion it means the fit and finish appears like the gun was final machined, then maybe bead blasted, then a finish applied....
not sure whats got your booty so hurt, but preparation h or the like maybe in you future? or stop eating M&Ms, they get me too...
Out of your gibberish I see the good old 'fit n finish', the MOST important qualifier for quality! IO and Century AKs have such awesome exterior finishes yet the insides are known to be soft shit. My SLR-107FR had the shit bubbling paint yet after 8000 rounds the insides still looked great, not beating itself to death like the murican AKs.

Colt 6920s are known as the gold standard of ARs since they're built to the same standard as military issue M4s and M4A1s but since their outer fit in finish is crap, the whole gun must be crap too right?

There is no butthurt, simply tired of people making blanket statements on products based on country of origin.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #29
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Cool DW Valor - US Made, Forged Frame with no MIM parts

Quote:
Dan Wesson? I thought their guns were made in Czech Republic.
You thought wrong, check again.

Also look at Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Nighthawk and Les Baer.
America makes some fine handguns

Last edited by Barth; 06-06-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #30
Polytech_81

No thanks, I know those custom 1911 makers make good 1911s with all forged steel but I prefer not paying $3000 for it! Don't care for Les Baers overtight tolerances, or their laughable "Police Special" AR with backwards installed castle nut lol! I'd rather find a used Norinco 1911, very well regarded variant that uses tough all forged steel, and not $1k+.

SIG, so many QC problems since they started manufacturing shit in the US. My old SIG GSR 1911 had to be sent back because external extractor just stopped working. The Army adopted the P320 without even fully testing it and we know how that turned out.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:49 PM   #31
Barth
Likes Suchkas

Cool Made in the USA does mean something

Quote:
No thanks, I know those custom 1911 makers make good 1911s with all forged steel but I prefer not paying $3000 for it! Don't care for Les Baers overtight tolerances, or their laughable "Police Special" AR with backwards installed castle nut lol! I'd rather find a used Norinco 1911, very well regarded variant that uses tough all forged steel, and not $1k+.

SIG, so many QC problems since they started manufacturing shit in the US. My old SIG GSR 1911 had to be sent back because external extractor just stopped working. The Army adopted the P320 without even fully testing it and we know how that turned out.
My all Stainless Steel, forged, no MIM parts, Made in America, Dan Wesson cost $1,500.
It can easily be disassemble with no tools, by hand, NIB.
Fit, finish, reliability and accuracy are all off the charts
You can keep your Nodinco, I'm not interested...

To get back on point to the thread.
IMHO the Mossberg 590 Shockwave is an outstanding firearm.
Particularly when upgraded to 590-A1 specifications

Last edited by Barth; 06-07-2018 at 09:10 PM.