Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #36
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Quote:
Originally Posted by phixion View Post
Is the MBT considered to be as durable and reliable as a milspec trigger?
They are a vast improvement over "mil-spec" . Have a whole bunch of
7.62 OBRs at work that run them.
Very go to go. Side by side cant tell the difference between a 200.00 G/A and an MBT.
smithy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #37
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

They will take a while to get to you.
There's typically a wait unless you pay extra to expedite your name to the front of the list. Imagine how backed up they are now? I'd rather them take their time and do the good job they have been doing rather than rush these things out.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #38
jtscuba02
Cutout
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166235

Just got my ship notice on both of mine this AM.
jtscuba02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #39
hagar

AKaholic #: 786

Same here on the LaRue
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #40
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

AKaholic #: 177161

Got mine this morning also
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
lastlaugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #41
Czysz

AKaholic #: 183529

mine will be here in a few days got my shipping notice this morning. Ordered on 7-22
Czysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #42
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

Somehow mine is taking a week to get from Austin to San Antonio
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #43
hoevito
Superhero

AKaholic #: 163060

I love my MBT's (got three so far) but I ordered one a few months back and got impatient, so I decided to give one of these a try (https://dsgarms.com/dsg-4202-0012).

Not as crisp as an MBT, but breaks about the same, and probably the next best thing I've ever used for the money. Definitely nicer than a RRA National match/varmint trigger which I also own FWIW. Currently only $75 too...

Old 08-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #44
Stereodude

AKaholic #: 196373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I put a 2 stage Geissele G2S in a 9mm PSA stripped lower with a 16" PSA upper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
The 2 stage triggers don't reliably reset. https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Th...rs-/15-713015/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Hmm... Thanks for the link. I'll keep and eye on it next time I take it out.
Closing the loop on an earlier conversation... I took the 9mm AR out again today putting more rounds on it and had no issues with the trigger. I guess the trigger & bolt I have play nice together.
Stereodude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #45
MCurtis762
Nobody

AKaholic #: 158519

Got my MBT 2 stage in this week. For the money, I think it can't be beat. I do like my Geissele SSAE more, but the difference isn't huge between the two. The Geissele has a little lighter second stage and a shorter reset. Only thing I don't love about the LaRue is the width of the trigger. Overall it's a killer deal for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
MCurtis762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #46
Czysz

AKaholic #: 183529

Curtis I got mine on thursday its going in the gun today and ill probably make it to the range to break it in later today.
Czysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #47
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Ordered a handful of them 8/16, got the shipping notification today. Just under 4 weeks. But well worth the wait.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #48
teflonhunter

AKaholic #: 194603

I agree they are great trigger , well worth the money. So much better than the original one in my ar that my POI changed when I first shot it with the Larue.
teflonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #49
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
The LaRue MBT-2S has to be it. Was on sale for $99 before and now they dropped the price to $87 through Christmas. It was a great deal before. Now it is a no brainer imo. Just as nice as the Geissele SSA-E. Blind folded it would be hard to tell a difference.

If you are doing an AR build or want to upgrade your trigger to something nicer, get this. Seriously, you will thank me later.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/
Agreed in 100%. Holy FK! LaRue totally nailed that one with performance and price. Giselle, you have your ass kicked on that one!

Vimeo Commercial Free Channel
Rob Ski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #50
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

So this would go good with my PSA 20" FN'd 7.62 AR-10 upper?

Looking for a DMR role with the 3x18 scope ontop.
Mattylight30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #51
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattylight30 View Post
So this would go good with my PSA 20" FN'd 7.62 AR-10 upper?

Looking for a DMR role with the 3x18 scope ontop.
Absolutely!

Vimeo Commercial Free Channel
Rob Ski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #52
AKD

AKaholic #: 197502

I am looking at one for the AR. The SSA and SSA-E are hard to swallow at $240. Now Geissele makes a SG2 which is a cheaper SSA. But still is more exp than the larue. Any feedback on the larue yet?
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #53
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
Any feedback on the larue yet?
It's hard to find somebody who doesn't like theirs. I got one at $99 a while back. Liked it so much, next time they went on sale for $99, I got 3 more. Still liked them. Now that they're $87, I got another handful of them. I got a stack of lower receivers that I have no clue what I'm gonna do with. But I do know that they'll be getting larue triggers in them.

If I had to pick something to complain about, I wish the trigger was skinnier or rounded and I really, really wish they worked right in pistol caliber ARs.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #54
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

I forgot to come back and leave an update on mine:

I got mine it shortly before my Nilgai hunt (which I didnt get, but I did get a huge hog).

Folks, I cannot stress how good of a trigger this is. I have shot many G's, RRA, I own 4 POF single stage, Hiperfire's , hell even slicked up competition triggers on M14s from Vietnam. I have never used an out of the box trigger better than the MBT! I immediately got home an ordered 2 more.

I have always loved a 2 stage trigger, and this one is the best one out there for me. My friend went with me and has always been a Geisselle fan, till he shot this. He was asking me for order info as soon as we got home from the hunt (4am). There is almost no declarable difference in the 2, but I like the wider trigger face on the MBT better. If you shoot these side by side and think the G is worth over twice as much, you are crazy. I will begin fazing out all of my triggers except for the POF ETP2 in the coming months in order to get in on the Pre-Christmas sale.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #55
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Any feedback on the larue yet?
lol. Have you read this thread before you posted?
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #56
giantpune
Curio & Relic

LaRue master race.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #57
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

@giantpune ...are you using the 4.5 lb trigger spring or the 6 lb spring?
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #58
giantpune
Curio & Relic

I use the light one that comes preinstalled on them. Never had a reason to even try installing the heavy one.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #59
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I use the light one that comes preinstalled on them. Never had a reason to even try installing the heavy one.
kewl, I've used the LaRue trigger that a buddy had it in his gun and just ordered a pair of them for myself. I just had been reading up that a lot of people on Arfcom didn't like how weak the trigger reset was on the softer spring for a duty gun, or for 3gun and used the 6 lber... was just seeing how it was in the "wild" so to speak

and do you have any issues just dropping them in? I saw a few guys on a few other forums wondering if they'd have issues with some safety selectors since the MBT uses a full "width" shoe on the trigger itself (where it meets the safety selector cutout) and might need to be trimmed (either the trigger shoe or selector)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:29 PM   #60
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Never had any issues with the mbt plopping right in and haven't had to fit anything. I also don't use any exotic safeties. All mine are plane-Jane mil-spec safeties.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #61
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Never had any issues with the mbt plopping right in and haven't had to fit anything. I also don't use any exotic safeties. All mine are plane-Jane mil-spec safeties.
sounds good. sorry for the newbie questions. I got to finger fuck one the other day from a buddy's gun that came with it (LaRue lower) and fell in love. Grabbed 2 and wanted to make sure I could have my ducks in line to just get them installed asap. I've never used anything but plane jane mil-spec triggers and safeties before so I wasn't sure

I'm super tempted to just grab another 3 on top of the 2 I bought to put in future builds or some other guns of mine

EDIT: Oh, one last question. You mentioned the 2 stage triggers not working in pistol caliber ARss... I'm assuming you mean pistol calibers like 9mm, 45 yadda yadda, rather than 5.56/.223 AR Pistols (just wanna double check as one is going into one of those PSA SBA3 Ar pistol kits they've been going nuts with)

Last edited by wormraper; 09-12-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #62
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by phixion View Post
If you bought an MBT, expect to wait.

Let me preface this by saying that I've never bought an MBT, so take from this what you will:

Before this sale, you had two options: "can't wait, gotta have it now" = pay more, get it sooner. Or, "have plenty of time" = pay less, it'll get to you when it gets to you.

It may take a few weeks/month, at least, but it'll arrive.
Yep, I haven't bought one YET, but I have looked every year and seen that.

I am genuinely curious how long the extended wait time is to be delivered.
I'm in no rush, just always been curious what that time frame is.

Cheaper is ALWAYS better......thanks for sharing Burning
I have $400 in rewards cash I have to burn.....been debating what to buy

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #63
Christopher67
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177018

Quote:
The LaRue MBT-2S has to be it. Was on sale for $99 before and now they dropped the price to $87 through Christmas. It was a great deal before. Now it is a no brainer imo. Just as nice as the Geissele SSA-E. Blind folded it would be hard to tell a difference.

If you are doing an AR build or want to upgrade your trigger to something nicer, get this. Seriously, you will thank me later.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

Thank you!
Christopher67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #64
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
You mentioned the 2 stage triggers not working in pistol caliber ARss... I'm assuming you mean pistol calibers like 9mm, 45 yadda yadda, rather than 5.56/.223 AR Pistols (just wanna double check as one is going into one of those PSA SBA3 Ar pistol kits they've been going nuts with)
Correct. Its something about the shape of the 9mm and 45 bolts. They won't reliably reset the MBT trigger. You can have the bolt sent off to somebody like Macon Armory and Rudy can reshape it a bit to work with the aftermarket triggers.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #65
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Yep, I haven't bought one YET, but I have looked every year and seen that.

I am genuinely curious how long the extended wait time is to be delivered.
I'm in no rush, just always been curious what that time frame is.

Cheaper is ALWAYS better......thanks for sharing Burning
I have $400 in rewards cash I have to burn.....been debating what to buy
Extended wait time for me has been 3 weeks for the one I received 2 weeks ago. The weird thing is, it was ready in 2 weeks, but somehow took over a week to get from Austin to San Antonio by mail.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #66
AKD

AKaholic #: 197502
Smile

Quote:
lol. Have you read this thread before you posted?
I ordered mine and they told me 3 weeks this was on Tuesday. A few reviews that say it's better than SSA but not as good as an SSA-E . I dont have either of those or know anyone that does to compare so that comparison to me doesnt mean much. I'm just trying to figure out if these originally sold for $250 and now are $87 for the same trigger how Geisselle is still charging that much for his trigger. I dont have one now. But after just putting in an ALG E in the AK. I never really thought about it until I came across this thread. I guess if it's being compared to a Geisselle $240 trigger and its $87 there is really nothing to lose. When I ordered there was no option to get it earlier as someone mentioned.
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #67
burninglegs

Quote:
I ordered mine and they told me 3 weeks this was on Tuesday. A few reviews that say it's better than SSA but not as good as an SSA-E . I dont have either of those or know anyone that does to compare so that comparison to me doesnt mean much. I'm just trying to figure out if these originally sold for $250 and now are $87 for the same trigger how Geisselle is still charging that much for his trigger. I dont have one now. But after just putting in an ALG E in the AK. I never really thought about it until I came across this thread. I guess if it's being compared to a Geisselle $240 trigger and its $87 there is really nothing to lose. When I ordered there was no option to get it earlier as someone mentioned.
You asked if there was any feedback and I was just messing with you by asking if you had read the thread. There are multiple posts before yours stating how much members love this MBT-2S trigger and how great it is. If you had read the thread, I am sure you had read the feedback that owners of the trigger had posted.

Yes it is better than a SSA and I would argue as good as a SSA-E. If I was blindfolded, not sure I could tell the difference between the MBT-2S and the SSA-E. That is how nice the LaRue trigger is. Different shooters will prefer different triggers and how they feel, how they break and how they reset. The LaRue is perfect imo.

Ask Mark how he can make them and sell them this cheap. He has a great facility if you watch some of the YT videos. He has a shop just for making these triggers. He is just cranking these out. Went through a divorce recently, so trying to make some cashola to get back straight again I guess. Plus he is probably trying to take a market share away from Bill Geissele.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #68
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Ask Mark how he can make them and sell them this cheap. He has a great facility if you watch some of the YT videos. He has a shop just for making these triggers. He is just cranking these out. Went through a divorce recently, so trying to make some cashola to get back straight again I guess. Plus he is probably trying to take a market share away from Bill Geissele.

lol, yeah Mark LaRue is kind of liked and hated in the industry. On a few insider style forums I'm a member of they kind of consider him a plague on the AR industry, claiming that he'll undercut the entire market on some things just to drive one of them out of business and take a loss just to spite them. I'm pretty sure Mark isn't making a wild amount on the MB2, maybe going a few bucks over break even to get to the 50,000 number. However, that tells you just how much profit there is in Bill Geissele's triggers though, and explains why they're terrified of him stealing the market right now
Old 09-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #69
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
lol, yeah Mark LaRue is kind of liked and hated in the industry. On a few insider style forums I'm a member of they kind of consider him a plague on the AR industry, claiming that he'll undercut the entire market on some things just to drive one of them out of business and take a loss just to spite them. I'm pretty sure Mark isn't making a wild amount on the MB2, maybe going a few bucks over break even to get to the 50,000 number. However, that tells you just how much profit there is in Bill Geissele's triggers though, and explains why they're terrified of him stealing the market right now
Yeah I see Mark's posts over on ARFCOM. He is a like him or hate him type of guy it seems. Whatever, he is what he is. He makes a great product. Supports the Constitution and 2A. Supports our soldiers. And has really good dillo dust. He is a-ok in my books.

The AR industry is hurting. So I can't imagine what his competitors are thinking with him dropping the price of the trigger and then also coming out with his ultimate upper kits and killing it on value there too. Good for the consumer imo.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #70
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Yeah I see Mark's posts over on ARFCOM. He is a like him or hate him type of guy it seems. Whatever, he is what he is. He makes a great product. Supports the Constitution and 2A. Supports our soldiers. And has really good dillo dust. He is a-ok in my books.

The AR industry is hurting. So I can't imagine what his competitors are thinking with him dropping the price of the trigger and then also coming out with his ultimate upper kits and killing it on value there too. Good for the consumer imo.
oh yeah, I don't care as a consumer. If he makes a good product and it's half the price of his competitors? fuck it, I"m in. I don't play loyalty games. I'm loyal to whomever gives me good products for a good price with good service. In that category LaRue is kicking ass right now (at least for us)