Default CZ Shadow 2 in stock @ CZ Custom for $1300

In stock currently. $1300

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz...-polycoat.html
burninglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
Unit28
(((DB)))

AKaholic #: 176712

Idk why I thought they cost more than 1300$, I like the all black.
(((Deplorable Bastard #28)))
Crosstown
Unit28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179935

Local shop has one for 1269 today
Mikelawtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 90

Extremely high demand item. I want one bad, but not that bad.

Give it a little time to settle down and they will get a couple hundred cheaper.

VALMET_M76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
fusegsp

AKaholic #: 180044

Damn. I just bought two of those CZ SP-01 Compact unicorns last week. May have held off if I knew these were going to be available. I thought these were going to be released after the P-10C.
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #6
flieger67

AKaholic #: 189831

Very nice pistol!

I just picked up an SP-01 Tactical last month. If I had more cash available, this would have been very tempting.
flieger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #7
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

highway robbery
Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #8
burninglegs
Mr. Kalakov

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
highway robbery
Not really.
burninglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #9
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
highway robbery
You just don't know what you are looking at.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #10
billydonk
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183419

Man that's nice. Valmet- you think they will drop a couple hundred?
billydonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #11
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

finally
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6824313_01_cz_shadow_2_lnib_640.jpg (50.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #12
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Can get two all steel Armscor 17rds 1911 in 10mm for that one 9mm

Just do not see the asking price justified

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #13
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post

I didn't pay asking price, they don't compare at all, not even close.
Not going to start an Armscor VS CZ war..
Old 06-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #14
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Not really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET_M76 View Post
You just don't know what you are looking at.
What justifies that astronomical price?
Mattylight30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #15
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattylight30 View Post
What justifies that astronomical price?
Gamer types on the internet...

Seriously (though the above absolutely applies, too), it's as nice as a plastic gamer gun will likely be, at that price point. To me, it's an over-priced plastic wannabe SP-01, that'll never shoot as nicely as its steel-framed counterparts; it being lighter--plastic frame--negates one of the benefits of a SP-01 over the -75 from which they both come. Yes, I know some people think the weak, faggy sights and nicer-than-some factory trigger make this "better", but I'm not one of them.

ETA: Derp...I registered Phantom, not Shadow...lol

To me, it's like comparing a basic Glock 34 to one of those crazy-priced, cut-up Zev abortions...In the right hands, there's little/no difference, even in silly games use.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer

Last edited by Spook76; 06-11-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #16
MAGAMan

AKaholic #: 192835

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Not really.
Yeah, I mean they look cheap in relation to 1911 prices. They have a great trigger and all steel just like 1911s.
MAGAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
Gamer types on the internet...

Seriously (though the above absolutely applies, too), it's as nice as a plastic gamer gun will likely be, at that price point. To me, it's an over-priced plastic wannabe SP-01, that'll never shoot as nicely as its steel-framed counterparts; it being lighter--plastic frame--negates one of the benefits of a SP-01 over the -75 from which they both come. Yes, I know some people think the weak, faggy sights and nicer-than-some factory trigger make this "better", but I'm not one of them.

ETA: Derp...I registered Phantom, not Shadow...lol

To me, it's like comparing a basic Glock 34 to one of those crazy-priced, cut-up Zev abortions...In the right hands, there's little/no difference, even in silly games use.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you?

First off, a Shadow II is not plastic. It is in fact, a SP-01 style CZ75 with frame, slide and trigger modifications that are above and beyond the amount of work that goes in a consumer grade gun like the SP-01. That extra work at the factory is what makes it cost more.

Silly games? what is that? Your description of something else you don't know anything about?

Have you ever actually been to a USPSA shooting match? I can sure as Hell tell that from you attitude that 1, NO you have never seen a shooting match in any way besides a youtube video or, 2, you actually shot in a match and humiliated yourself in front of real people, but I highly doubt #2 would ever have happened.

So what is your point? You just giving opinions about things you are ignorant of?

That is itself an epitome you know.

A CZ Shadow 2 is an entry level competition pistol for those that would like to maybe advance out of the bottom levels of competition but are not yet capable of using a full out race pistol like the CZ75 Tactical Sport Orange $1700 or the CZ75 Czechmate $3300. Both of which are hard to come by due to low production and high demand.

Try shooting I dunno, at least 5000 rounds in some actual training for competition, using targets, timer, ready position holstering, drawing, shooting, reloads and keep score, and then come tell us about silly games.

Yeah I see that you came back with an ETA, but it still was just your lame effort to crawfish on your original opinion which in fact, remained unchanged.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #18
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
(snips...)
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you?

Yeah I see that you came back with an ETA, but it still was just your lame effort to crawfish on your original opinion which in fact, remained unchanged.
You mean like declarations of how Hillary will win?

Yeah, I registered Phantom...If you knew that, why the silly rant in defense of the Shadow? And, yes, my original opinion on the Phantom stands.

It's a waste of time, but...You shouldn't assume that anyone who doesn't suck at the tit of gamers gaming has never done USPSA/IDPA and others. While I've expended far more than 5k rounds training for what I regard as silly games, it didn't change that I saw it was a waste of money. What works in games doesn't always work in real life, and I'm more interested in reality.

If somebody enjoys gun games, stamp collecting, fawning over Hillary, or many other things, more power to them...I just don't agree. I didn't mean to hurt your feels.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #19
CrusherDestroyer
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169869

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusegsp View Post
Damn. I just bought two of those CZ SP-01 Compact unicorns last week. May have held off if I knew these were going to be available. I thought these were going to be released after the P-10C.
SP01 compact? Whaaaa. Not the 75 P01?
CrusherDestroyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #20
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydonk View Post
Man that's nice. Valmet- you think they will drop a couple hundred?
They have dropped a couple hundred. You just have to do some shopping.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/655610542

Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #21
EGMak104FR

AKaholic #: 182974

From what I've heard over at the CZ forum(Guys who shoot the piss out of these CZ custom guns), the Shadow 2 has been a bit of a disappointment. Then again maybe it just wasn't what they expected with all the hype surrounding it. Checkout CZ Customs website and you'll see a huge variety of CZ-75/SP-01 series pistols. There's a couple pistols over there I've had my eye on for a while now.
EGMak104FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #22
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Yeah the USPSA crowd has been a little disappointed in the Shadow 2 and the Sig P320 X5

But trust me, there is not a more perfectionist oriented bunch of geeks on the planet than the upper level USPSA types.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #23
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

So the pistol was designed for the USPSA shooters, but the USPSA shooters are geeks because they don't like it ??

I'm confused.......

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very attractive pistol, but I see a $1300 price tag and I wonder how or why.......

I don't own one, so obviously I can't comment on why it's better......or supposed to be better.

I think it looks better then my HK USP Tactical, but the question is.......will it outperform it.....

AK Files custom search
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #24
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

It was made for entry level and 1300 is not what I paid, out the door I paid 1190.
Accurate as heck is all I can say and smoooooooooth but hey buy what you like, some can shoot the hell out of a G19
Old 06-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #25
W00F545

AKaholic #: 191889

Wouldnt a grand power x-caliber be a better value to game with? Great trigger cocked and locked super accurate at half the price. What am I missing?
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #26
ValHalla211
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 112949

I don't know why someone would want a polymer SIG for competition shooting... Anyone have insight on this?

Maybe for carrying... but.

SIG and CZ are the way to go for pistols IMO.
"We are fully aware that war is not the only way to defend our values. But if those values are fundamentally endangered, as is the case today, then war is the only way to defend them. Everything that hinders us in our effort to defend ourselves is an injustice. We did not want this war, it was thrust upon us, like all others. Defending one's people is a holy duty," - Ratko Mladic

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
ValHalla211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #27
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
So the pistol was designed for the USPSA shooters, but the USPSA shooters are geeks because they don't like it ??

I'm confused.......

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very attractive pistol, but I see a $1300 price tag and I wonder how or why.......

I don't own one, so obviously I can't comment on why it's better......or supposed to be better.

I think it looks better then my HK USP Tactical, but the question is.......will it outperform it.....
The main complaints about the CZ Shadow 2 is that for a $1100 pistol the trigger is not what is should be and that is about it.

For the money you are paying for the extra frame machining and checkering, slide machining, truly decent adjustable sights and what should have been a crisp 4 pound OR LESS trigger with minimal reset. CZ has not yet delivered on the trigger.

Why CZ didn't just use their single action only trigger to begin with is beyond me. Also, CZ has been slow on the uptake concerning carry optics as the CZ Shadow 2 is not optics ready like the SIG 320 X5 is.

For the SIG 320 X5, the complaints are again, the trigger and the slippery grip. The SIG costs a lot less than the CZ so really, a trigger job is sort of expected to be needed by most.

The slippery grip is a problem that skate tape can fix.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #28
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValHalla211 View Post
I don't know why someone would want a polymer SIG for competition shooting... Anyone have insight on this?

Maybe for carrying... but.

SIG and CZ are the way to go for pistols IMO.
Striker fired guns are all about speed.

They have no safety to disengage and when the trigger is good, its good.

Trigger pull weight is not all there is to a good trigger. Trigger pull weight is important as is travel (length of pull), overtravel and reset with RESET being very important.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #29
ValHalla211
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 112949

Quote:
Striker fired guns are all about speed.

They have no safety to disengage and when the trigger is good, its good.

Trigger pull weight is not all there is to a good trigger. Trigger pull weight is important as is travel (length of pull), overtravel and reset with RESET being very important.
I don't shoot competition so I'm not really sure how it pans out but it seems to me you would want a full size, all metal gun with good trigger/mag release and a hammer.

All of the SIGs I've handled thus far don't have a safety, just a learning curve with the trigger, but accuracy, ergos, and the trigger in SA are great. Do people prefer striker fired for consistency in the trigger or what?
"We are fully aware that war is not the only way to defend our values. But if those values are fundamentally endangered, as is the case today, then war is the only way to defend them. Everything that hinders us in our effort to defend ourselves is an injustice. We did not want this war, it was thrust upon us, like all others. Defending one's people is a holy duty," - Ratko Mladic

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
ValHalla211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #30
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValHalla211 View Post
I don't shoot competition so I'm not really sure how it pans out but it seems to me you would want a full size, all metal gun with good trigger/mag release and a hammer.

All of the SIGs I've handled thus far don't have a safety, just a learning curve with the trigger, but accuracy, ergos, and the trigger in SA are great. Do people prefer striker fired for consistency in the trigger or what?
In the Open class division where anything goes the standard type of all out race gun is still 2011's (high capacity 1911's) and CZ's. Single action, hammer fired guns with safeties. Open Class is by far the fasted and most accurate class of shooting.

For the production type classes there are few to no modifications allowed to the weapons so anything that gives an edge, like just a simple trigger squeeze with a short reset are what people are wanting.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #31
virgil cole
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 102797

Quote:

Agree !
virgil cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #32
arndog123

AKaholic #: 180802

I have quite a few CZ's and love them. However, I shot a Shadow 2 yesterday and while it's a nice pistol my Tanfoglio Match Elite was more comfortable to shoot and more accurate and it cost me hundreds less.
arndog123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #33
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arndog123 View Post
I have quite a few CZ's and love them. However, I shot a Shadow 2 yesterday and while it's a nice pistol my Tanfoglio Match Elite was more comfortable to shoot and more accurate and it cost me hundreds less.
Interesting

Aren't these quite nearly the same design??? Or are they worlds apart in your hand??

AK Files custom search
Old 07-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #34
arndog123

AKaholic #: 180802

They both feel really comfortable in hand. I'm actually looking for another Tanfoglio Match Elite 9mm for a backup to the one I have because it's such a great pistol. I'd like to get one in 45 too and maybe 10mm. The only problem is they're hard to find in stock.
arndog123 is online now   Reply With Quote