Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Galils, Valmets and the R series

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #176
smeeg
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 161925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I was here for years as an enthusiast before I became a manufacturer and vendor. I know the value in the people here. It's not often you can see the direct pipeline.
You originally just wanted a mount for an akog for yourself if I remember correctly? OG
smeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #177
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

AKaholic #: 146752

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeeg View Post
You originally just wanted a mount for an akog for yourself if I remember correctly? OG
Yup - wanted to mount a TA-24 to my "AK-105" build. I had been using a Vortex Strikefire on an Ultimak and was not happy with the balance or performance of the rifle.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #178
Rudyelf

AKaholic #: 183663

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAK47 View Post
Why would RS not release a full photo at this time? Their only competitor already played their hand, and as far as anyone who has seen the two products the RS stands alone in the looks department from what has been seen, why not tip the scales in your favor if someone is on the edge about it?

As far as price, if you can afford an ACE you can afford the handguards, but if it's not anything different from MI's in what it delivers, then how is a $60 swing in this case ($200 is purely hypothetical) justified for aesthetics alone? I'd like to see the entire handguard to know! Also, as a side topic, I along with others will want to see reviews as to how they perform

whether you like the response here or not doesn't matter, by Horse coming on here and talking directly with his customer base, however emotional some are, he's getting free info and suggestions from the very people who are interested in purchasing said product, we're a very niche and select market, so even though we're crazy at times, think of how much you can gauge your actual market here and think of how much one move can affect support, pretty smart to just engage at minimum, test the pulse of the consumer, and get a feel for what can sell and how it should sell-because even though your consumers are difficult, they are the ones who wield the monetary power
Full photo release? That I don't know why. I can guesstimate, maybe has last second changes planned before anodizing, maybe a contract with a vendor stipulating that the vendor will be the one to release the full picture to direct traffic to their webstore, maybe an agreement with media for an exclusive. Or maybe he is teasing, as some suggest. I dunno. But I am on the team that wants to see it.

And what I meant by a forecast model based on a forum was not a "diss" at the forum. I merely meant it from a numbers perspective. But everything else, you are right on. This is a perfect place for feedback/input/insight. I would know, I have been coming around here and similar forums since the early 2000s, technically right after the sunset of the ban. (weird that I take 10 years to join and make 10 posts, enjoy me, I might be back in a decade) Lotta knowledgeable dudes.

True about the aesthetics "markup or discount," and waiting for performance. But I kinda know my way around a gun (bullet thingies go out the front) enough to make a guess as to which one would suit me better by looking at them. For example, I knew I was going to hate the stock handguards. I was right. I also know that Horse is gonna put out good stuff, I still have one of their Gen 1 mounts for a T1.

(As for the insult, if it was directed at me, you can PM it to me. I just don't want you holding anything in, it isn't good. Believe it or not, I care about your well being. You is kind. You is smart. You is special. I can take it, I'm a big boy. Sometimes my wife lets me stay up until 12 on the weekends. )
Rudyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #179
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

Ya the insult wasn't really an insult but it could've come across that way so I deleted it-it was something along the lines of "cool story bruh"

But it doesn't forward the topic at all so I thought it was stupid and removed it, I'd rather have a conversation than act like a douche and derail a thread about a product we're all interested in

Moving forward- HORSE- this release is supposed to be previewed with Iraq Vet and some other guys in October, can you give us more details on that?
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #180
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Still waiting for the full view pic....just sayin
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #181
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Quote:

Moving forward- HORSE- this release is supposed to be previewed with Iraq Vet and some other guys in October, can you give us more details on that?
Big 3 East is Oct 4-6 and the IV8888 show is 7-8
We will be at both and would love any of you who are at those shows to come take a look, shoot a bunch etc.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #182
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

Quote:
We will be at both and would love any of you who are at those shows to come take a look, shoot a bunch etc.
If I send you my info, will you fly me down and I can provide a positive review for a nominal fee? I need meals included.
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #183
mtnrider

AKaholic #: 180348

Quote:
I need to figure out how to get an invite to the IV8888 gig. They are right down the road from me.

mtnrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:32 AM   #184
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Quote:
If I send you my info, will you fly me down and I can provide a positive review for a nominal fee? I need meals included.

I'm not even flying