Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #71
17 Vive liberatum 76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 193776

Prevents a pistol bayonet therefore is ghey.

The NRA is worse than the Amerikan left. They are traitors and betray with a kiss.

Leftism is Satanism. The left is the main enemy of these united States of America.
17 Vive liberatum 76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #72
OHVET
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajj View Post
You come around a corner and the baddie is right on top of you, you have no time to aim, he's grabbing for your gun. You have time for one shot. Make it count. drive it into his gut and pull the trigger as many times and as quickly as you can. OH SHIT, you've driven it to hard into his gut and it's out of battery. OH shit, baddie is all over you like stink on shit. OH FUCK, you've just been stabbed in the gut by the bad guy. Too bad you didn't have that muzzle thingy that would have prevented your death.
WTF? How in the world did the muzzle thingy save your life against a crack numb bad guy getting puked in the shirt or coat with a meat tenderizer....lol...assuming you already had your gun drawn when you went around the corner.
OHVET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:58 PM   #73
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I do enjoy my 21 but my 20 might be the best combat hand weapon ever devised.
How bout we split the difference and use my G-21 w 10mm convenient barrel?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #74
newtothegame
CPL/1st CivDiv

AKaholic #: 159222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusizme View Post
Youíre missing the point of the product. Itís to prevent the slide from being pushed out of battery when in a QCB situation thus preventing a misfire.

Itís not to prevent a misfire

Because if the slide is pushed back it wonít fire at all and youíll have a dead trigger...

Itís to keep the slide from moving so you can make contact shots if needed

You're Twittering the shit outta the AK Files.
newtothegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #75
Coats
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 188748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
^This. It's a considerable advantage to be able to make contact shots with a semiauto.

All the tacti-fuckery jargon aside, it'd be useful in personal protection and UC sorts of things where gunfighting inside a car, etc is a distinct possibility.
Making that work with a decent holster would be a trick, though.
Meh make your own kydex pancake holster

Keeping the pistol in battery is clutch I dig it.

All this 1911 man shit thread derail. We get it you all feel the need to justify or compensate at every given opportunity
Old 06-16-2018, 03:09 AM   #76
Coats
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
The dingus is aluminum.

I think you're mistaking the Glock for a Beretta 92 series pistol.

Conversely, you have no clue what "combat" means.

Wut?

I guess it's after five somewhere . . .
Bubbajj watch too much Lethal Weapon 4 Jet Li slide removal scene

cough complete bullshiiite
Old 06-16-2018, 03:40 AM   #77
raggedwhole!
Banned

AKaholic #: 172787

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Trollo Mejor View Post
Guys. Enough with this vulgar discussion. There is only one meaningful .45 autoloader : 1911.

Everything else isn't fit for use as anything other than a door stop.
Here is a man who clearly knows what he is talking about. I mean come on gentleman, my 1911 has already had a similar part for over 100 years. Pffft. It's called a recoil spring plug. Glock perfection needed to rely on an outside vendor to create something somewhat similar but 10 to 11 times uglier?

All kidding aside I bought a Glock 17 many years ago. I attempted to become proficient with the pistol and honestly the grip angle and DA\SA is just not for me. I am not trying to take anything away from a fine pistol in it's own right. Perhaps in my case it was operator error.
raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #78
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedwhole! View Post
Here is a man who clearly knows what he is talking about. I mean come on gentleman, my 1911 has already had a similar part for over 100 years. Pffft. It's called a recoil spring plug. Glock perfection needed to rely on an outside vendor to create something somewhat similar but 10 to 11 times uglier?

All kidding aside I bought a Glock 17 many years ago. I attempted to become proficient with the pistol and honestly the grip angle and DA\SA is just not for me. I am not trying to take anything away from a fine pistol in it's own right. Perhaps in my case it was operator error.
Yes

The AK47 is a cheap POS designed to be assembled in third world shitholes by a labor force composed of knuckle dragging, booger eating morons. It was then to be handed out to an army of uneducated peasant retards who couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a map. Thats the true genius of the design and why it remains ubiquitous to this day.

Gotmine on Barrack Obama: "He is, indeed, a bugger of the third magnitude."
Bubbajj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #79
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coats View Post
Bubbajj watch too much Lethal Weapon 4 Jet Li slide removal scene

cough complete bullshiiite
Inmates practice such things. There's video of them doing it. With extended take down levers it's easier than ever to do. You don't even have to get the slide off, just forward enough that it won't fire.

We did drills where we would hold the slide and barrel together. You can pull the trigger and the gun will fire but it won't cycle. You now have a club if you're in to close to cycle and get back on target. A proficient and knowledgeable opponent now has a really nifty kubotan.

It's hard to explain such things to those with no practical or even theoretical experience or training, but trust me, the glock muzzle thingy has an actual practical purpose.

The AK47 is a cheap POS designed to be assembled in third world shitholes by a labor force composed of knuckle dragging, booger eating morons. It was then to be handed out to an army of uneducated peasant retards who couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a map. Thats the true genius of the design and why it remains ubiquitous to this day.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #80
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
You have a DA/SA Glock?

You need to put that up for auction immediately, as it should be worth bazillions . . .
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #81
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

DA/SA? Sort of. A Glock has a trigger reset that isn't all the way back forward. With practice you can hit this reset point and really decrease your shot times and greatly decrease your trigger travel.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #82
Blazer52

AKaholic #: 188195

Nice eye gouge/crush tool
Blazer52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #83
A J
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173129

It needs a bayonet lug to achieve full Glock perfection.
A J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #84
Barth
Likes Suchkas

AKaholic #: 168359

The kool aid is strong...
Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #85
Coats
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajj View Post
Inmates practice such things. There's video of them doing it. With extended take down levers it's easier than ever to do. You don't even have to get the slide off, just forward enough that it won't fire.

We did drills where we would hold the slide and barrel together. You can pull the trigger and the gun will fire but it won't cycle. You now have a club if you're in to close to cycle and get back on target. A proficient and knowledgeable opponent now has a really nifty kubotan.

It's hard to explain such things to those with no practical or even theoretical experience or training, but trust me, the glock muzzle thingy has an actual practical purpose.
Yes I agree. I was saying was that removing the slide of a Beretta 92FS in one slick move while its being pointed at you is imfrigginpossible as illustrated in Lethal Weapon 4 . I understand that you can take the Beretta out of battery by palming the muzzle.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #86
raggedwhole!
Banned

AKaholic #: 172787

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
You have a DA/SA Glock?

You need to put that up for auction immediately, as it should be worth bazillions . . .
True enough. DA. I have not shot one in awhile. Semantics. Your fantastic with them Nails.
raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #87
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
True enough. DA. I have not shot one in awhile. Semantics. Your fantastic with them Nails.
It's not a semantic matter when two entirely different things are involved.

The Glock is a single action firearm. Full stop.

The fact that the striker is "precocked" doesn't make it a double action firearm in any way, shape or form.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #88
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coats View Post
Yes I agree. I was saying was that removing the slide of a Beretta 92FS in one slick move while its being pointed at you is imfrigginpossible as illustrated in Lethal Weapon 4 . I understand that you can take the Beretta out of battery by palming the muzzle.
Its just the fact that it can be done. Is it highly unlikely? Yep. It is, however, a manageable risk and can be defended against. That's just one more possible use. The main value is to keep the weapon in battery, no matter what and an excellent impact tool in the event that shooting becomes undesirable, impractical or impossible.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #89
stalker1
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 182116

I recall reading(reading) of shots to the head. The FH was the stand off. Saved no one no one.M16 style stuff.
stalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #90
Thunderhorse
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 172770

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Why buy, transfer and pay taxes for a NFA reg. pistol suppressor when you can just stick the pistol right into the person with the standoff device on the pistol and then just use their body as the suppressor.
I mean, you could stick a potato on the end of the barrel
In reality, most people don't even like freedom. Freedom is hard work. It is hard work to take responsibility for your own goddamn life. Freedom=Responsibility and responsibility is fucking hard for most people
Thunderhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #91
yepitsacentury
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 155395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezfan View Post
Only 2 types of people.

People who carry CZs, and people who insist on carrying those over priced, unergonomic, ugly, plastic POS Block.
+1

"There are no women on the internet. The men are men, the women are men, and the girls are federal agents." - Anonymous

root:# modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
root:#
yepitsacentury is offline   Reply With Quote