Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #106
dontsh00tmesanta

AKaholic #: 192203

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhtexas View Post
And should a car manufacturer, having added new features for a new model year, offer a retrofit service on older cars to upgrade them with the new features?
Or smartphones, tablets and tvs....well come can be added with software
Old 05-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #107
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerdog View Post
You talk nonsense.

The firearms industry isn't unionized and doesn't have to conform to government/political stupid.
Again i never said the Firearms industry needs to conform....i merely answered a question. Can yoy please point out where i said what you claim?
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #108
boomerdog
Coming 'round the mountain

AKaholic #: 76368

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontsh00tmesanta View Post
Again i never said the Firearms industry needs to conform....i merely answered a question. Can yoy please point out where i said what you claim?
I already have, quoting your post. You inferred Riley should replace cast trunnions with their "new" ones. Am I wrong?
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #109
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
I already have, quoting your post. You inferred Riley should replace cast trunnions with their "new" ones. Am I wrong?
Yes very wrong

Originally Posted by Soulblazer737 View Post
For those of you wondering if Riley is going to replace all the cast trunnions that are currently working fine with no issue, would you expect a car dealership to replace your 2016 car with a 2017 if there were no issues with the 2016? Now if we start getting failed trunnions, that's a different story. I haven't heard of any yet. Regardless, good on them for being proactive.
They usually call for recalls to fix whatever issues that were fixed in the new model.

How does that show that i am saying that riley should give everyone forged trunions?
Old 05-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #110
boomerdog
Coming 'round the mountain

AKaholic #: 76368

Yep, I was mis-reading your post. My bad.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #111
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
Yep, I was mis-reading your post. My bad.
Np
Old 05-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #112
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
I have no idea how you can say that in truth.....

The top 2 US AK manufacturers I.O. and Century produce garbage still and dominate US AK sales

What the learning experience for NEW manufacturers is steer clear of AKOU
if you dont have a quality product. That is why educated buyers should demand it

Even MrGunsnGear said I.O outsells other 10 to 1 at his LGS.
Low price attracts naive buyers
Im talking about start ups
Old 05-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #113
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Ah......well, DDI bombed, which was also a start up whom I think we can all say we THOUGHT was doing it right.

I interpreted your statement as if there's blind trust there, that shouldn't be there. Maybe I read it wrong.....

I know this comes off as being a dick to new manufacturers, but it's more of the "Prove your product is worthy" persona I guess.

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:30 PM   #114
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
Am i lying?
You are just an idiot. That is all.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #115
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP123 View Post
You are just an idiot. That is all.
Ignore list to you

Bye troll, much better
Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #116
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
Ignore list to you

Bye troll, much better
Initial post to which you replied:

"For those of you wondering if Riley is going to replace all the cast trunnions that are currently working fine with no issue, would you expect a car dealership to replace your 2016 car with a 2017 if there were no issues with the 2016? Now if we start getting failed trunnions, that's a different story. I haven't heard of any yet. Regardless, good on them for being proactive."

Your reply:

"They usually call for recalls to fix whatever issues that were fixed in the new model."

It is clear what you were getting at. Now, you want to play games and semantics like a silly child who just discovered the art of debate. You are an idiot posing as an intellectual. Thanks for blocking me. I appreciate it.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #117
edsinger

AKaholic #: 192057

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerPE View Post
If someone has issues with their rifle, then there is a warranty and any problems will be corrected to the customer's satisfaction. Our customer service is superb and we never shy away from doing right by the customer when an issue arises.
Folks no matter how much you hate 'me' I can personally attest to the above statement. +1 for Riley / Atlantic

Side note: Atlantic followed my issue very close and wanted to make sure things were OK, they assured me they would be and like they said, Riley handled it on their own.

I am glad they are changing things a bit if some want it, as for my rifle I bought it as is, and can not fathom asking for free shit. If what I have fails while under warranty then that is different altogether.

The 'Files' never seems to give up, that is just stupid to ask it. I call Horseshit!

To Riley : Good luck and I hope to take mine back to the range next week and I will let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Either way, I'd still want to see AK Operators Union certify it before buying.
Understood your why's but that should not be a prerequisite for a rifle. I like Rob's videos and all but he is not the AK God as some state. Sure if I had the monies to burn, I would send him one to test but I can not speak for his availability any way.

Quote:
The top 2 US AK manufacturers I.O. and Century produce garbage still and dominate US AK sales
I agree on that one, sad really.

Still I like my C39v2 as do others......maybe I got lucky.

Quote:
What the learning experience for NEW manufacturers is steer clear of AKOU if you dont have a quality product. That is why educated buyers should demand it
Well it comes like this, would you use something not UL approved? I just agreeed to as a company took my idea and will make a product that I need. I could give a shit less about UL approval in my particular case. Once they market it, maybe then. I do not need AKOU's approval to spend my monies. I agree it would be nice to have that 'check' but not needed imho.

What I can not understand from some here is why not take the chance on your countrymen? They (Riley) have already shown they will listen to you, join the quest to get the American AK worth a shit in your eyes......quit bitching and climb aboard and do something about it.

PS : I really do feel for the Californians out there...come to the Midwest, the libtards have not taken over here yet at all.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #118
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan

AKaholic #: 170325

I thought you left...3 or 4 times now?

Like a moth to a flame.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #119
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsinger View Post
Folks no matter how much you hate 'me' I can personally attest to the above statement. +1 for Riley / Atlantic

Side note: Atlantic followed my issue very close and wanted to make sure things were OK, they assured me they would be and like they said, Riley handled it on their own.

I am glad they are changing things a bit if some want it, as for my rifle I bought it as is, and can not fathom asking for free shit. If what I have fails while under warranty then that is different altogether.

The 'Files' never seems to give up, that is just stupid to ask it. I call Horseshit!

To Riley : Good luck and I hope to take mine back to the range next week and I will let you know how it goes.

Understood your why's but that should not be a prerequisite for a rifle. I like Rob's videos and all but he is not the AK God as some state. Sure if I had the monies to burn, I would send him one to test but I can not speak for his availability any way.

I agree on that one, sad really.

Still I like my C39v2 as do others......maybe I got lucky.

Well it comes like this, would you use something not UL approved? I just agreeed to as a company took my idea and will make a product that I need. I could give a shit less about UL approval in my particular case. Once they market it, maybe then. I do not need AKOU's approval to spend my monies. I agree it would be nice to have that 'check' but not needed imho.

What I can not understand from some here is why not take the chance on your countrymen? They (Riley) have already shown they will listen to you, join the quest to get the American AK worth a shit in your eyes......quit bitching and climb aboard and do something about it.

PS : I really do feel for the Californians out there...come to the Midwest, the libtards have not taken over here yet at all.
Going to oregon, but thats turning out to be CA aka SF central

I also love robs videos, it seems the majority want others to waste their time and money testing things instead of taking the initiative
Old 05-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #120
Cravin01

AKaholic #: 191950

Edsinger I get what you say but ya gotta loosen a little , Surely you've learned by now how the vibe roll's around here. You have alot of very exprienced people in the AK game and are set in though and ways for good reason, this is not something new, just a new name to the game at this early point. We know your a pretty smart guy but you haven't figured out you can't give a post or reply without acting like gass to a flame and being a newbee only hurts. Don't bite on ever negative thing, your replies are too long. Take satisfaction in knowing your push has been working by checking the post count reads, we are very aware they have listened in on the files... thank you both! I and many others would love to see Riley succeed but I really don't want to remember all this drama. I mean no disrespect in this post to you as I'd hope you'd try to afford those in yours.

I look forward to seeing what Riley Defense has in store for us and thanks for bringing them to the Files.

Last edited by Cravin01; 05-22-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Cravin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #121
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsinger View Post
I'm entertained by your green horn callout.......

You don't know what you speak of. I'll leave it at that.

AK Files custom search
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #122
Soulblazer737

AKaholic #: 184709

Classic has the new ones for $550 with forged trunnions. Not a bad price increase all things considered.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/rak-...-riley-defense
Soulblazer737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #123
mengra1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 184774

I think that no matter what, the "appeal" of combloc weapons, built years ago, will always be the draw. Their quality has been proven, not to say Riley isn't quality, but the test of time isn't a round count of 5,000.

When I'm buying $200 M72 kits from Numrich and an $80 barrel from Centerfire, add a Childer's receiver and now I have a REAL RPK for less than $400, who would jump in line for a US ak?

Even if you can't build, for $1,000.00 you could have TWO of the previously mentioned weapons built.

I have rooted for Riley and will continue to do so. Even considered buying one myself, but to say or think they would replace my itch for a nice Hungarian or Egyptian is just silly.

No matter how good or well built the US manufactured rifles are or become, they will not be a 1 to 1 comparison ever of military war factory firearms. And never the two shall meet.

Arguing over quality unless you're a metallurgy guy and are speaking about individual components, is silly.

I've seen welded Romy G's, which are great original barreled kits, fucking destroyed to the point an IO looks better done. Doesn't mean the quality of IO is better. Everything is subjective, including the opinions we all have of US firearms.

All negative views of them though, are fairly labeled and warranted, being that Century and IO, have ruined the perception and willingness of the AK buyer's market to invest in their, or anyone else's US Made products moving forward because of the lack of quality in the past.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #124
Bakwa
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengra1 View Post
I think that no matter what, the "appeal" of combloc weapons, built years ago, will always be the draw. Their quality has been proven, not to say Riley isn't quality, but the test of time isn't a round count of 5,000.

When I'm buying $200 M72 kits from Numrich and an $80 barrel from Centerfire, add a Childer's receiver and now I have a REAL RPK for less than $400, who would jump in line for a US ak?

Even if you can't build, for $1,000.00 you could have TWO of the previously mentioned weapons built.

I have rooted for Riley and will continue to do so. Even considered buying one myself, but to say or think they would replace my itch for a nice Hungarian or Egyptian is just silly.

No matter how good or well built the US manufactured rifles are or become, they will not be a 1 to 1 comparison ever of military war factory firearms. And never the two shall meet.
It really is apples to oranges. Same reason someone would prefer a Russian over a Bulgarian. It's the original.
The sentiment that follows military things will always be there too. Just as some will bend over backwards saying Colt is the only way to go for AR's.
I am glad Riley switched to forged trunnions though.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:53 AM   #125
dontsh00tmesanta

How were Egyptian and Chinese and so well?
Old 05-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #126
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
How were Egyptian and Chinese and so well?
I'm unsure based on your question what you were asking, maybe a rephrase is necessary, but if I'm picking up what you're putting down, I'd say, they were "so well (made)" being that the Egyptians especially were made based on the original Russian rifles, and on some Russian tooling (machinery). An original barreled Maadi kit with a crutch folder is a work of art. The draw is, that they will never be made again. The Chinese rifles aren't coming back anytime soon either, especially since Polytech is only selling barreled assemblies and front sights on their site, and nothing more than a shell of what it was.

Again, I'm not saying Riley is not quality, but a comparison is not in order, nor should it be. It'd be like taking a Classic 1989 Porsche 911 3.3 turbo and comparing it to a new production mustang.

They're both well made, but ones a classic, and far more desirable.

If your aim is to have a cheap utilitarian rifle for everyday plinking/ self defense/ what-have-you, then the Riley should suit your needs, but that's not your clientele here on this site. You're mixing it up with real builders, collectors, and enthusiasts, who look well beyond the scope of what any American AK manufacturer has, or will, ever make.

Forged trunnions are a huge step. But again, if you're willing to pay, or learn, or invest in the time and effort needed to acquire machinery to build it yourself, real imported kits, or firearms, are a better option.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #127
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

As a flash back back in the day Chinese & Egyptian AKS were considered JUNK. The internet and public have a way or building a perception of a item through Opinion and Gossip. Our firm started 20 plus years ago and back then people talked trash on the imports including MAC 90s , Flash forward 15 -20 years they are now sought after and considered to be well made . Funny how it has gone full circle .
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #128
Jacobsnc

AKaholic #: 192436

In my humble opinion, a Riley AK would be fine for the average person. They seem to be making great progress in turning out a affordable American made product. The collector, builder, and purists probably will not be that interested. A true military grade weapon is what it is. No different than the real M-1, Carbine, etc. There have been clones of these weapons, but, they are not the real deal.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #129
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
As a flash back back in the day Chinese & Egyptian AKS were considered JUNK. The internet and public have a way or building a perception of a item through Opinion and Gossip. Our firm started 20 plus years ago and back then people talked trash on the imports including MAC 90s , Flash forward 15 -20 years they are now sought after and considered to be well made . Funny how it has gone full circle .
very true. funny how you couldn't give maks away for $175 20 years ago
Old 05-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #130
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

mengra ,I have seen these mood swings take place over the years and it is quite interesting how all of the Official know it all's of web sites call it crap one day and 4 -5 years later are recommending it to other newbies. I am glad I picked up several Polytechs and Norincos back in the day it is crazy the prices they are bringing now. Even was able to score 2 Norinco AK bullpups they cool rifles. Folks if you have a Chinese AK hold on to her !
Old 05-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #131
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
mengra ,I have seen these mood swings take place over the years and it is quite interesting how all of the Official know it all's of web sites call it crap one day and 4 -5 years later are recommending it to other newbies. I am glad I picked up several Polytechs and Norincos back in the day it is crazy the prices they are bringing now. Even was able to score 2 Norinco AK bullpups they cool rifles. Folks if you have a Chinese AK hold on to her !
I agree whole heartedly. we saw what happened in the last 10 years for WASRs.....

by the way, your serialized "AA" morisseys....spot on
Old 05-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #132
4mula
Curio & Relic

Quote:
very true. funny how you couldn't give maks away for $175 20 years ago
Here's the thing, because they were so cheap, $200, everybody thought they were junk when in reality they are not.
Back in the early 90s a buddy of mine schooled me on stamped vs milled. Thanks to him, i spent like $100 more and bought myself a milled MAK90. Not that there's anything wrong with stamped but at that time i wanted a milled version.
I currently own both version's and couldn't be more happy.
I do kick myself as i owned a type 54 but sold it to buy my first AR15.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #133
mengra1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
I do kick myself as i owned a type 54 but sold it to buy my first AR15.
hopefully it was a nice AR brother...
Old 05-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #134
xbtgnowtytan

AKaholic #: 186611

Quote:

So are you telling me that what is said here might also fall into that category?

In 4-5 years DDI's PSA's IO's Century V39 v2 and heaven forbid, the most hated AK of all time--- the RAS47--- will be looked at more favorably?

Say it ain't so.

Know you can't reply to that as it might upset some of your customers. No worries , AF is great .., have bought 2 rifles last year from you . Keep up the good work.
xbtgnowtytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #135
4mula
Curio & Relic

Quote:
hopefully it was a nice AR brother...
Well, it was my first AR, a pre ban A2 HBAR. Bought it in 1990 and still own it to this day. Its the only full size AR i own. It has about 30k rounds threw it. Exactly two years back i pretty much had it rebuilt as it was in need. Im on a third barrel.
Not long after buying this rifle i regretted selling the AK as i could of waited another 2 months to buy the AR.
Then again i have my two converted Chicom's so im happy.
Now i need another AK, a modern one with poly furniture. Im waiting to see what comes onto the market as i want a triangle sidefolder.
With the direction Riley is going, i could see me buying one from them should they be offered in the future.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #136
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

Quote:
So are you telling me that what is said here might also fall into that category?

In 4-5 years DDI's PSA's IO's Century V39 v2 and heaven forbid, the most hated AK of all time--- the RAS47--- will be looked at more favorably?
We are not saying that the public Opinion will switch on US builds , We are saying we have seen it switch in the past the Chinese imports are just one of them. We often see Huge swings in internet perception of items ,some warranted others merely hyped positive OR blown out of proportion on the negative side .Just because there are 1000 postings against or for a item by people that do not own the product does not make their Opinion factual . Hopefully we will see Rileys product lines grow in both quality and offerings . Given the past US AK failures they have a tough up hill battle and will have to prove themselves if they want to survive in the market.

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 05-28-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #137
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtgnowtytan View Post

Say it ain't so.

Know you can't reply to that as it might upset some of your customers. No worries , AF is great .., have bought 2 rifles last year from you . Keep up the good work.
...and in comes the token troll...

///
Magaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshut View Post
autonomic nervous system:

The part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, digestive processes and ordering AK 47 magazines.
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #138
Il Cattivo

AKaholic #: 180088

Quote:
I hope more and more people come to think like you about that. America will never produce rifles the same way the Eastern Euros did at the same cost. That suggests to me that American manufacturers need to cut themselves loose from such comparisons and find whatever ways and means of production suit them best to manufacture a rifle that is as accurate, durable and reliable as military war factory firearms while still being at least comparatively affordable.
Il Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:27 PM   #139
dontsh00tmesanta

Quote:
We are not saying that the public Opinion will switch on US builds , We are saying we have seen it switch in the past the Chinese imports are just one of them. We often see Huge swings in internet perception of items ,some warranted others merely hyped positive OR blown out of proportion on the negative side .Just because there are 1000 postings against or for a item by people that do not own the product does not make their Opinion factual . Hopefully we will see Rileys product lines grow in both quality and offerings . Given the past US AK failures they have a tough up hill battle and will have to prove themselves if they want to survive in the market.
Exactly how I see it
Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #140
edsinger

AKaholic #: 192057

So far I have no complaints with mine, yeah I had a hiccup of sorts, but it is not a big deal in my eyes.

I agree with Atlantic's statements here..

I will pass along that a couple of folks following the Riley AK from another forum have had no issues with theirs.