Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

Pew, pew, pew!!
Steve_In_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #527
45hogleg

AKaholic #: 194961

Got this today (haven't blocked their spam yet):

We here at HMG® know it has been a couple months since our last update. We apologize for that but know this, it is not because we have forgotten about you but that we have been very busy preparing to send our first run of StGs out the door. As many of you know, all we are lacking are our magazines and we are just as eager to see and hold them as y’all are. We are in touch with our supplier on almost a daily basis and are constantly on the lookout for updates and any good news. We know that many of y’all have been with us since day one and we would like to thank you for your continued support and more importantly, your continued patience throughout this process. I can assure you, it will be rewarded!

We would also like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have been transitioning most of our updates to Facebook. This allows us to reach a broader audience and offers more customization as to what we are able to provide to y’all. Along with our weekly posts on Facebook, we have been doing Livestreams every other Friday at 3:30 EST. We feel as though we are able to engage you on a more personal level and actually have conversations with you “face to face” through them. We would like to invite all of you that haven’t found DeWay to join us during our next Livestream and check-in with a comment or question. Let us know how you’re doing, what your biggest concerns are, what your favorite Chick-fil-A sauce is or that we should make a civilian version of the L85 (you know who you are). Also, while you are on our page, feel free to check out our past posts and Livestreams if you haven’t already. Let Zark Muckerberg guide you on this amazing journey towards an StG!

Just in case you have been in a cave for the past 15 years, here is a link to our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/HMGunworks/

Thanks again for all your support and we’ll see you on the Book of Faces soon!

-The HMG® Crew
"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy." Thomas Jefferson, June 8, 1778.
45hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #528
45hogleg

AKaholic #: 194961

I especially like the part about cuckerberg guiding you on your journey towards an StG...Goebbels would be proud of their propaganda machine, they got that part of the Nazi history right. Sturmgewehr production, not so much.
"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy." Thomas Jefferson, June 8, 1778.
45hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:48 AM   #529
mishaco
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190226

I always try and be honest, straight forward with you all and the net in general.

So in that spirit and in the interest of fairness I am posting this.

HMG finished my CETME Mod L this week.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:53 AM   #530
David Teague
Droll Moderator

AKaholic #: 162037

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
I always try and be honest, straight forward with you all and the net in general.

So in that spirit and in the interest of fairness I am posting this.

HMG finished my CETME Mod L this week.
How long did it take?

http://www.novarata.net/images/n/teague-sigpic-357.jpg
David Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #531
mishaco
Veteran Member

Hmm about 8 months.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 PM   #532
JoeCorrado
FNG

AKaholic #: 193119

Glad you got it back Misha! I was reading through the comments on their FB update earlier. Some have said these STG's will go for 3-4x the current asking price on GB because of demand. They've seriously been chugging the Kool aid if they truly believe that. Haha!!
Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #533
chillypepper

AKaholic #: 176015

I ain't giving up my homerolled. I had planned on selling it at one point, then I rethought.

Good to hear you got your build finally. Would like to see a report on it with pics of course.
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 AM   #534
Mattylight30
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172152

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45hogleg View Post
I especially like the part about cuckerberg guiding you on your journey towards an StG...Goebbels would be proud of their propaganda machine, they got that part of the Nazi history right. Sturmgewehr production, not so much.
Genuine LoLz.
Mattylight30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:22 AM   #535
mishaco
Veteran Member

Ordered some 30 rd mags, bipod, and a bayonet for the Mod. L from Apex today.

Of course a video or two will be foreth coming on this rifle.
Will be interesting to see how it does compared to say the HK93/C93/V93.

Goes without saying, no word on any STG44 stuff from HMG.

Why they didn't just focus on doing obscur/interesting kit builds like with this CETME i don't know?
Seems like that would have been a good market nych for them?

But what do I know? I've only been running a gun business for a decade and turning a profit the whole time....including doing batches of semi auto British Lanchesters and Stens, Polish PPS43/52 carbines, Swedish M45 'K's, Italian MAB 38s, various FALs and AKs, and most recently contracted to have some SA-26 semis built up.
So yeah....what do i know about small scale production & marketing lol.